Well Said Craig Levein

Enzo Chiefo

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The perfect riposte. Levein is refreshingly honest in all his post-match comments. He admits the match was terrible and both sides were at it. The Stokes comment is a nice little aside, especially as he's only made it in response to Lennon's comments. 

Why the media falls for Lennon's nonsense about them playing football is beyond me.  They have 2 good footballers in McGinn and McGeough but they are not a good footballing team. Mowbray's "flair team" that started this HIbs being a good footballing side nonsense was at least a genuinely good football team with good footballers up front and at the back, especially full back, as well as in midfield. Even then they played good football for about one season, maybe a bit more under Collins, and that was it. Lennon's team is nowhere near that. I see McGinn doing some good stuff and some attacking down the flanks now and then but that's it. We can point to performances where we've done that recently.

SuperstarSteve

Superb! Put straight back in his place, Bang on the money Craig. Daly did the same to Brendan a while back aswell, the way it should be, love it :) 

Some one said Craig got his mojo back 2 weeks ago.

This interview is another piece of evidence..

Yes we are still a work in progress but we are not getting bullied on the pitch and we are not being pussies off it.

A near perfect riposte from Levein. The only thing he missed really was to question whether the ‘goal’ that so much has been made of was offside. Just as a little wind up at worst.....

27 minutes ago, socrates82 said:

The perfect riposte. Levein is refreshingly honest in all his post-match comments. He admits the match was terrible and both sides were at it. The Stokes comment is a nice little aside, especially as he's only made it in response to Lennon's comments. 

Why the media falls for Lennon's nonsense about them playing football is beyond me.  They have 2 good footballers in McGinn and McGeough but they are not a good footballing team. Mowbray's "flair team" that started this HIbs being a good footballing side nonsense was at least a genuinely good football team with good footballers up front and at the back, especially full back, as well as in midfield. Even then they played good football for about one season, maybe a bit more under Collins, and that was it. Lennon's team is nowhere near that. I see McGinn doing some good stuff and some attacking down the flanks now and then but that's it. We can point to performances where we've done that recently.

Mcgeouch and McGinn could go in January. The first is out of contract in the summer and the superstar that is McGinn must surely be a 75million pound target for Europe's elite or at least the English first division!

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Hate to be repetitive but what a horrible little git he us.  I don't say that about everyone associated with Hibs or the OF, very few in fact, but I certainly say it about him.

Creepy little prick.

Absolutely this!

The Future's Maroon

This reminds me of the Craig Levein we had in charge before, speaks his mind and doesn't care about the consequences....anyone mind him refusing to accept a fine and making a stance about it with the SFA....some don't like him, as DoF I wasn't a fan, glad he is in the dugout now though.

Some may say he didn't want the job, maybe he didn't....but he's back and up for it.

FTH.

? now this is the Levein I grew up to love...

The man I knew would be first in line to defend in every manner and means all things Hearts related and at times go a little over the score ?

More subtle with age perhaps, but willing and very able of defending us ?

Its amazing to have him back...

Some of the comments on this thread are first class....absolutely first class!!! ?

I really thought that leveins heart wasn't in it...until the Hamilton game...that changed our entire mindset.

Get them telt big man...?

To be perfectly honest with you, I haven’t noticed this big change in Levein. Too many folk just bought the media line about him and his “safest job in Scottish Football” bullshit. He’s been the same guy the whole time. If he’d been saying and doing all the things he has recently whilst DoF, people would be calling him a control freak and saying that he should let the manager manage.

I irritates me how easily led are support are against our own club. From Hibbies to weegies Levein is despised, yet too many Hearts supporters were happy to climb in to bed with them. Know your enemy ffs.

Great to see CL respond like this. I am amazed at the way Hibs have hoodwinked the Media with their keech. Time will show this and their greeting, squealing and slavers about them being second best in Scotland will bite them. Disgusting bunch of losers. Again well done Craig.

40 minutes ago, Ryder said:

To be perfectly honest with you, I haven’t noticed this big change in Levein. Too many folk just bought the media line about him and his “safest job in Scottish Football” bullshit. He’s been the same guy the whole time. If he’d been saying and doing all the things he has recently whilst DoF, people would be calling him a control freak and saying that he should let the manager manage.

I irritates me how easily led are support are against our own club. From Hibbies to weegies Levein is despised, yet too many Hearts supporters were happy to climb in to bed with them. Know your enemy ffs.

Great post

Good on you Craig! You just know Lennon will be spewing when he reads it. 

All we need now now is to knock them out of the cup. 

Well done Craig, about time someone at our club hit back at some of the bullshit that has come our way. We've become to pally with that lot from lochend, only wish he pointed out a certain player the media love, who runs about the pitch ready to fall over.   

THIS is why I was immediately on board the Levein train when he was appointed. 

THIS is the Craig Levein we know and love. 

THIS is what I want to see from Hearts - drive, determination, fire in the belly and a '**** you' attitude to any ****er who dares to test us. 

Things are starting to gather pace chaps, we're in for some exciting times!

Nucky Thompson

You can predict Lennon's response about how many trophies he's won in his career with the mhanks

Love this. Levein hates Lennon and all of the vermin. 

They’ve had their fun, now step down and let us go back to what we do best: owning them. 

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Spot on, there are a few "Hearts fans" looking really stupid right now by buying the whole control freak, vanity project nonsense that idiots like Michael Stewart and the media rolled out.  

One of the the most disliked guys in Scottish football?  He sure is and it's because he does not toe the party line and is miles ahead in his thinking.  The SFA will soon discover that binning Levein as national coach was a huge mistake.

Howdy Doody Jambo
9 hours ago, The Comedian said:

No fan of Levein but that's funny :jjyay:

Big fan of Craig Levein he's only saying the truth 

5 hours ago, Jambotommy said:

I really thought that leveins heart wasn't in it...until the Hamilton game...that changed our entire mindset.

Get them telt big man...?

Said a few times that something seemed to change his demeanour during/after the Hamilton game. Really seems to be bringing a lot of folk back on board with him aswell its good to see. Theres a certain class in his words but with a brutality and passion about the subject at hand.

9 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Well said Craig and you'll notice McGinn having many yellow cards for what Lennon has him continually fouling despite Lennon claiming in the paper McGinn needs referees to protect him.

Lennon coach's every player to act the way he did he's pure scum.

McGinn feints when he looks in the mirror so I can understand how the threat of any form of football physicality has him diving for cover.

3 hours ago, Ryder said:

Touche!

With you all the way on this one. Great post.

They know who they are and are conspicuous in their absence!!! 

letsalldothebeattie

He’s got a point. Why come out and complain you’ve been booted up and down the park when you are only going to be collared for hypocrisy. Levein is bang on well played Craig well played

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You can predict Lennon's response about how many trophies he's won in his career with the mhanks

That is a likely response from Lennon but CL could always respond by asking him how many World Cups he has played in??  That is the highest level of all and Levein achieved that in 1990.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

That is a likely response from Lennon but CL could always respond by asking him how many World Cups he has played in??  That is the highest level of all and Levein achieved that in 1990.

And he got there by being better than some really strong opponents. Lennon’s trophies? Not so much.

The wee dick thinks he can be wide.

He knows fine we’ll what his own team are like. There’s not another team who grabs, grapples, pushes or shoves as much as his team and gets away with it.

They’ve done it since he took over.

Call it being cute or whatever but his big mugs at the back get away with it time and again. A bit of strong decent play shows them up though as Aberdeen did.

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

And he got there by being better than some really strong opponents. Lennon’s trophies? Not so much.

That's right. Easy to win trophies domestically playing for Celtic. He did play in the UEFA Cup Final but CL was part of our great UEFA run in 88/89 that saw us just about reach a SF.  I think Levein and big Dave McPherson played together against Sweden in 1990 did they not??

tartofmidlothian
9 hours ago, jockmac said:

See, this is the Craig Levein I like, not the meek and mild DOF guy.

Bang on with what he said, Lennon has no class and is famous for his over the top bitterness.

Keep it up Craig, the Hearts fans have been crying out for someone to fight our corner, don’t take no shit Craigie Boy.

:spoton:

****ing great interview from Levein. Since he got sent to the stand the old CL has returned.

Coburg Hearts
3 hours ago, Ryder said:

Very well put. 

Craig Levein knows that Lennon is quite literally tittering on the edge of sanity... that's fact the man is a total mental case... the Royal Ed has more stable individuals than Lennon... who are locked up! But to be fair to Lennon some of the voices he hears telling him he is a prick are real:laugh:

Jean Louis Valois

It's a joke in the first place that a man with Marvin Bartley in his team can accuse the other side of being dirty. Guy is the biggest  animal Hibs have had in many a year.

3 hours ago, Ryder said:

:spoton:

Look Lennon played and managed one of the arse cheeks. That is a free pass from the Glasgow centric msm. 

Just like McLeish and Smith, who both walked out on the NATIONAL team.

Said a few weeks ago he looked like he'd got his mojo back and it looks like he has. I think he has matured but this response shows that, if you take a wee while to consider your response it will probably be a stronger one than a two year old's rant.

FWIW I thought it was a honking game of football, which is what CL has said but we weren't bullied, we were competitive and that's the very least I expect in a derby.

Well said Craig. Now kick their arses out of the cup

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

My favourite bit was "... it was a proper derby match and I’m not sure the ball was required...".

Well said Craig that yellow toothed rodent will probably go running to the headmaster at park gardens about time someone spoke out against the wee rat reespect

4 hours ago, Ryder said:

Great post. This place

is full of H1B5 *****, trolling ***** and common-or-garden *****. 

And Lennon can go **** himself,

the hypocritical gingerbawed arsehole that he is. He was a dirty ***** on the pitch who got the standard OF protection to smash folk whenever he liked and Stalky McChocofingers is up there with the dirtiest players in Scotland. Definitely the creepiest. 

This is the response from a mildly amused / mildy irritated Levein.    Just wait until we see the response from an angry Levein.     Lennon will have to run for cover.     

...a bit disco
19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

This is the response from a mildly amused / mildy irritated Levein.    Just wait until we see the response from an angry Levein.     Lennon will have to run for cover.     

Hogg Mode engaged.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Also Craig's career was cut short by a serious injury. The rumours were that he was on the verge of a big money transfer to Liverpool who were the best in England at the time

Great contrast - one basically graceless - just kicking out in a toddler strop when things don't go your way and the other using humour to succinctly demonstrate the truth of the matter. (Actually, also kudos to Brendan Rogers for his reaction post the doing they took).

I thought the Levien appointment was a bit of a cop out and always on the cards - but the way he's conducting himself and the undoubted progress he's making - I'm thinking giving him full responsibility was a good move. I'm right behind him - we ALL should be. Genuinely looking forward to the cup game - I really feel we're gonna do our talking on the pitch in that one - a repeat of the Celtic game.

15 minutes ago, Bootzilla said:

Great contrast - one basically graceless - just kicking out in a toddler strop when things don't go your way and the other using humour to succinctly demonstrate the truth of the matter. (Actually, also kudos to Brendan Rogers for his reaction post the doing they took).

I thought the Levien appointment was a bit of a cop out and always on the cards - but the way he's conducting himself and the undoubted progress he's making - I'm thinking giving him full responsibility was a good move. I'm right behind him - we ALL should be. Genuinely looking forward to the cup game - I really feel we're gonna do our talking on the pitch in that one - a repeat of the Celtic game.

Good post. 

CL definitely improving us. 

Covered up on the ropes whilst depleted in round one, then let them know what coming to Tynecastle really means. 

Next round, we’ll be closer to full strength and we will give it a real go. 

He knows what he’s doing. 

Archived