Friendly Match in Spain in January (edited)

alwaysthereinspirit

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie
42 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Don't be a Borrman

:thumbsup:

Its 2017 nearly 2018 sensitive world :)

5 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I have 2 more, I don't think they are poor taste, but I just don't dare!!!!!! I value my time here....oddly!

Ein good putsch and we could vin zis.

...a bit disco

At least we'll get a new song out of it. In time for the Derby too.

'Cowie, Cowie uber alles...'

Footballfirst

From the EEN

Hearts are heading to Spain for a winter training camp next month with friendly matches planned against Nuremberg and Vitesse Arnhem. Craig Levein and his squad will leave Edinburgh on January 11 for a seven-day stay in Valencia during the Premiership's three-week winter break. They will train in the warmer climate and also face German and Dutch opposition, with exact dates and venues for the games still to be confirmed. Hearts plan to return to Scotland on January 18 to prepare for the Scottish Cup fourth round tie against rivals Hibs at Tynecastle Park three days later. Assistant coach Austin MacPhee explained to the Evening News that it's important to keep players active during the winter shutdown. "We're going to Valencia and we're playing Nuremberg and Vitesse because it's important that we play. In Scotland, you can't always guarantee that at this time of year," said MacPhee. "Nuremberg and Vitesse are in training camps, which allows us to get match practice outside of the Premiership. We are there for seven nights and then we come back to train here for a few days before the Scottish Cup game."

Really good move by the club organizing this. Hopefully a few new faces will get to spend some time with the squad and we come back absolutely chomping at the bit to run right over Hibs.

As long as it’s beneficial.

I’m still absolutely livid about the time Hearts went on a winter training/jolly and came back to face Falkirk in the SC.  pumped about 5-0 or something.  

If we come back from this training camp and get pumped, I’ll probably explode in fury. 

3 hours ago, julienbrellier said:

any confirmation as to what ground the match will be? Valencia are away that day, could it be there?

I wouldn't assume so, The mestalla holds about 60,000, more than likely to be played at a training facility. I was at the Levante v Valencia (Valencia derby) game in September and just down from Levante's stadium I watched a game between Levante and Villarreal under 15s at a little open stadium (which had a bar)
I would assume it would be somewhere like that.

As an aside, some of the Villareal players were quality, they won 3-0

On 19/12/2017 at 22:27, dc-jambo said:

Anyone know if this sort of game will be open to the public?

good time of year for cheap flights ...

Hey Big Spandau...

Vitesse :wow:

I brought a diehard Vitesse fan to Tynecastle at the end of last season, and he absolutely fell in love with Hearts. 

Well chuffed, but it's a shame it's in Valencia and not actually in Arnhem!

2 hours ago, tian447 said:

Vitesse :wow:

I brought a diehard Vitesse fan to Tynecastle at the end of last season, and he absolutely fell in love with Hearts. 

Well chuffed, but it's a shame it's in Valencia and not actually in Arnhem!

Maybe a bridge too far

North Berwick Jambo

Oh ya dancer. I am back in Scotland on holiday for Christmas with the family and I was planning on flying home via Barcelona on or after the 10th, I think I will just book a cheeky flight there , phone my pals in Valencia,  stay a week then hop on the boat home instead. Let's see how long it takes the missus to work out the real reason. 

9 hours ago, Sarah O said:

I’m still absolutely livid about the time Hearts went on a winter training/jolly and came back to face Falkirk in the SC.  pumped about 5-0 or something.  

If we come back from this training camp and get pumped, I’ll probably explode in fury. 

Only 4 - 0. ?

Son Of Anarchy
1 hour ago, braveheart said:

levante play celta vigo on the 14th at 11am.nice wee weekend double header!

That could just be the decider for me going, cheers.

23 hours ago, Four faces said:

Maybe a bridge too far

No idea what you're getting at here. 

On 22/12/2017 at 19:19, tian447 said:

No idea what you're getting at here. 

Sorry mate.German jokes,Movie bridge too far.Landings in Arnhem.Operation Market Garden.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
On 21/12/2017 at 14:43, Sarah O said:

Every cloud then... 

4 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Every cloud then... 

:isee: 

:sob: 

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

:isee: 

:sob: 

Sorry, have a lovely Christmas. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
On 21/12/2017 at 14:43, Sarah O said:

I remember the last time Hibs went for a wee trip before an important match...

Personally don't think it's a good idea

Just now, Four faces said:

Sorry mate.German jokes,Movie bridge too far.Landings in Arnhem.Operation Market Garden.

These young un's just don't know their history or good old fashioned war films.

11 hours ago, Four faces said:

Way over my head :lol:

26 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Is anyone planning to go? Any idea how you'd get there from either Valencia or Alicante?

Heading off to Valencia on 11th for a few days sightseeing and if possible catch 1 or 2 of the games although not sure if we are allowed in to watch. Looks like a bus from Valencia to Oliva by Alsa Bus as below. 1.5 hours and 30E return then probably a taxi to the resort.

https://www.goeuro.com/travel-search2/results/720052631/bus

29 minutes ago, 7628mm said:

Heading off to Valencia on 11th for a few days sightseeing and if possible catch 1 or 2 of the games although not sure if we are allowed in to watch. Looks like a bus from Valencia to Oliva by Alsa Bus as below. 1.5 hours and 30E return then probably a taxi to the resort.

that price is for 2 is it not?

1 hour ago, 7628mm said:

Taking the local train to Gandia from Valencia Nord station would probably be a better option, they're much more frequent (every 20ish minutes rather than every couple of hours) than the buses, a bit quicker and in my experience more comfortable! You'll end up paying a few euros more each way in taxi fares but probably worth it if it means not kicking about for ages waiting on a bus. 

Meanwhile cup rivals Hibernian are heading off on a tour of Berwickshire to prepare for their clash with Hearts.

Gary O'Connor is attempting to arrange a mouth-watering clash with Sellkirk.

Colonel Kurtz
Just now, RobboM said:

Is anyone planning to go? Any idea how you'd get there from either Valencia or Alicante?

Valencia fair hike

Alicante taxi ot tram to denia then taxi.  There is also airport transfer from alicante to hotel resort whete game is being played you could maybe get one of them. Round town travel 

F

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Meanwhile cup rivals Hibernian are heading off on a tour of Berwickshire to prepare for their clash with Hearts.

To be fair, Hibs are heading to Portugal and had announced their plans before us

Quesada Jambo
8 hours ago, RobboM said:

I will be heading up from Ciudad Quesada if anyone local needs a lift. Will be going to both games

Quesada Jambo

I have just called the resort and the hotel is fully booked but all facilities are open to the public so no problem watching the games.

letsalldothebeattie
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

JOS has nothing to do with Selkirk anymore

Has th date of the vitesse game been confirmed? Can see the nurnberg is in the 13th but according to vitesse website they have a game against Sparta Rotterdam onnthe 16th so would imagine they play us before The 13th

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

Has th date of the vitesse game been confirmed? Can see the nurnberg is in the 13th but according to vitesse website they have a game against Sparta Rotterdam onnthe 16th so would imagine they play us before The 13th

12th of Jan according to the sports centre website (thanks to Braveheart for the link)

http://www.olivanova.com/sports-leisure-football-matches

Son Of Anarchy

Couldn't find cheap flights for the long weekend and with info being a bit sparse decided to lose the money in the bookies instead.

Archived