Gabriel Somi

Nightwing

August Landmesser
28 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You are of course correct, however the reality is that ultimately a Manager stands or falls on the players he signs.

No he isn't. A manager is always judged on results.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

is this boy being written off already as a wyscout /Murray signing? And therefore cat piss? 

:laugh:

Can't blame folk for playing the odds!

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

No he isn't. A manager is always judged on results.

Indeed - but how does he achieve these results - by putting good players on the park IMO.

3 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Seems to be appreciated where he is,shame for the lad if he joins as the Boo Boys will soon knock the sh*t out of him.

Only if he is yet another signing who is sh*t.....

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Exactly.  This belief that we have the ability to sign good value, under the radar, foreign gems all sounds good - but sadly it has been a bit of a disaster.  We have signed 49 players I believe in the last few seasons - the vast majority have been duds and a total waste of money.  Some shrewd signings of less players who have proven themselves in the Scottish game would have been a better way forward.  Aberdeen have built teams with good signings from the likes of ICT and St Mirren, and Hibs star man also came from St Mirren.

Surely thats just as double edged a sword though. Sutton was hailed when he signed and did nothing. De Vries was a nobody and we loved him. Callahan came in and a part of the support has torn him to shreds. Reilly came in and a part of the support said he’s not good enough. 

Having said that , I don’t disagree that the signing policy hasn’t always  been great recently aside from getting lucky with the likes of Sow and Rossi but hopefully this can be rectified now and we can move forward. 

August Landmesser
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Indeed - but how does he achieve these results - by putting good players on the park IMO.

Tommy Wright won the Scottish Cup with a team of players most of whom wouldn't have got near the Hearts first team.

A manager is judged on results.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Surely thats just as double edged a sword though. Sutton was hailed when he signed and did nothing. De Vries was a nobody and we loved him. Callahan came in and a part of the support has torn him to shreds. Reilly came in and a part of the support said he’s not good enough. 

Having said that , I don’t disagree that the signing policy hasn’t always  been great recently aside from getting lucky with the likes of Sow and Rossi but hopefully this can be rectified now and we can move forward. 

Sutton was a massive disappointment - he just did not fit Hearts for some reason.  Callachan looks out of his depth -did anybody really think Reilly was good enough????

MDV - top man!

2 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

Tommy Wright won the Scottish Cup with a team of players most of whom wouldn't have got near the Hearts first team.

A manager is judged on results.

Shows what an experienced Manager can do right enough.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
40 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

is this boy being written off already as a wyscout /Murray signing? And therefore cat piss? 

:laugh:

Not at all. I've no idea but it's his job is to identify a shortlist of players for Levein and the manager to take a look at. To be fair though Cathro was probably the biggest problem last year not the players. 

24 minutes ago, Barack said:

Oh! What’ve cats ever done to you?

:seething:

Evil things. 

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Can't blame folk for playing the odds!

Well, Osman Sow came from Sweden and he was alright. 

What we can definitely say is, he plays at a level comparable or better in some respects than the SPFL. He might not adapt, but certainly is of a good standard. 

I'd file this one alongside Rherras in terms of taking a 'punt' than Oshaniwa. I think if Rherras had this season as well he may have adapted well and become a decent player.

1 minute ago, ISMAparty said:

Not at all. I've no idea but it's his job is to identify a shortlist of players for Levein and the manager to take a look at. To be fair though Cathro was probably the biggest problem last year not the players. 

Without a doubt. 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

While important good players mean diddly squat when you don't have the right manager. We'll see what happens but so far I'm not convinced we have either. Lots of mistakes from Levein but the last two games have been better.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

so going by that you are arguing that we should be signing foreign players instead????  Think you are arguing with yourself here

7 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Well, Osman Sow came from Sweden and he was alright. 

Your pal Cruyff came from Holland.........that didn't make Anderson a player!  ;)

52 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

You are of course correct, however the reality is that ultimately a Manager stands or falls on the players he signs.

and Levein hasn't signed anyone since he became manager so how about waiting and see how he goes

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

so going by that you are arguing that we should be signing foreign players instead????  Think you are arguing with yourself here

No I'm saying we need a better balance of Scottish and foreign players.

Unfortunately our record over the last couple of seasons in both has been pretty abysmal.

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

and Levein hasn't signed anyone since he became manager so how about waiting and see how he goes

No, but he was heavily involved in the ones we did sign when he was D of F.  IIRC he was also signing players after Cathro was fired and before he was named as Manager.

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Levein actually signed Callachan and Skinny.

Peach of a goal on Saturday big man.

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good delivery, looks a top player. 

But ive been duped by YouTube highlights videos before

so has Cathro. 

Just now, maroonlegions said:

Peach of a goal on Saturday big man.

Was about as good as your banter mate a 3/10 at best.

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

3/10. :laugh:

I felt it was a tad generous.....;)

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Well you would say that now wouldn't you.......;)

I like to be fair. I have had my own bad days :lol: Mind you, I wouldn't mind the original Cole Stockton thread bumped, I took a bit of grief on that one

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I like to be fair. I have had my own bad days :lol: Mind you, I wouldn't mind the original Cole Stockton thread bumped, I took a bit of grief on that one

Quite like how my days going actually SG. :thumb:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Quite like how my days going actually SG. :thumb:

Champion. You of course have a hotline, don't waste your time here man, get it sorted with your "contacts". By personal appointment!

And have we signed this lad yet?

45 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Interesting, his club are certainly doing very well.

he could be another Oshinawa or then again a De Vries but very much worth a try.

18 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Levein actually signed Callachan and Skinny.

And both of them have a lot of what's been missing ie dig, a sign of players Craig Levein  intends to bring into the club.

32 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Your pal Cruyff came from Holland.........that didn't make Anderson a player!  ;)

Touché:laugh:

If this boy signs though I think he'll be a good player.

Levein knows the stakes are high, we can't afford to sign shite anymore, hopefully there has been some rigorous checks done this time around.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Even if you are right you are getting very near to being sued.  I know I would be thinking along these lines if I were CL.

I'm surprised his posts have not been removed yet.

1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Never heard of the lad tbh. Playing for a side who are on an exponential rise and had exposure against some very good sides in Europa League

Their manager will be on the radar of some bigger clubs throughout Europe. He has done a phenomenal job 

Could be a very interesting one 

Is that a "Yes" or a "No" or a "sit on the fence and be ready to criticise if it all goes wrong"

8 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Touché:laugh:

If this boy signs though I think he'll be a good player.

Levein knows the stakes are high, we can't afford to sign shite anymore, hopefully there has been some rigorous checks done this time around.

:thumb:

10 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

And both of them have a lot of what's been missing ie dig, a sign of players Craig Levein  intends to bring into the club.

Callachan had absolutely no "dig" whatsoever in the last Derby!

Aslong as they give 100% to the cause and have a bit of ability, then they will go a long way here. It’s all us supporters want, is someone who leaves it all out there 

Levein the manager brought us in a nice blend of players home and abroad and i expect he will do the same this time as manager.

The home grown players wont be bought they will be the players we have from the Academy we have already seen.

We wont have alot of cash in Jan but i expect 2/3 coming in and that is all.

I see alot more in the summer.

maroonlegions

I felt it was a tad generous.....;)

Thought his goal deserved more to  be fair. FTH.:laugh:

Sutton was a massive disappointment - he just did not fit Hearts for some reason.  Callachan looks out of his depth -did anybody really think Reilly was good enough????

MDV - top man!

I know , but I stand by my point. We’ve had successes and failures in both areas. 

I’d say Callachan was a player to grow to be what we need not straight into the team as he has been. May work , may not. 

Sutton isn’t the only failure we’ve claimed as heralded signings of Scottish players or the Scottish market thats ended tits up. 

Reilly was again surely bought as a project and as such seemed pointless to buy him then punt him. 

A better hit rate with signings would be nice though. Fingers crossed we get it now but football is always a diversy thing. Look at the opinions on McGinn and we are a fickle support so someone on the cusp may be a bust just cause we have no patience usually and the boo boys are out within seconds as if we are begging someone to fail. 

Were in a place where we can’t go out and spend huge amounts on players. So we have to expect hit and miss but at least if we give encoragement we might reap the odd reward. And before you say it yes our experiences have been poor so people aren’t willing to be as patient as they maybe could be. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, MoBerthe said:

Brian Easton could sign pre contract in January.  Small nominal fee similar to one we paid for callachan 

June 2019

He'll have 18 months remaining from January

Looks like he has pace and a good delivery.

It is only YouTube however, so I won't be getting too excited.

If he's already been at Tynecastle surely we are his preferred destination? 

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

It highlights our scouting and signing policy whether at home or abroad has been sadly lacking!

There is Scottish talent out there - Hibs and Aberdeen for instance have signed some good quality players in recent seasons - we just need to be smart enough to find them!

January is difficult to recruit Scottish talent.

54 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

June 2019

He'll have 18 months remaining from January

Should/could have signed him in the summer. 

It's hard to get excited about an unknown transfer target anymore, after all the duds we've brought in.  

You tube video looks good but so did oshinawas, daudas etc etc etc

Tynecastlesmychurch
14 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Good delivery, looks a top player. 

But ive been duped by YouTube highlights videos before

By any chance did YouTube dupe you when it came to a certain Nigerian superstar left back?

Archived