Gabriel Somi

Nightwing

2 minutes ago, RS86 said:

100% guarantee you it is. Just watched his Insta story and its still on there, will post up some screenshots off my phone

He was talking about the picture in Barry Anderson's tweet! I think it's plain for all to see that the snapchat/Instagram pics are Tynecastle!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

A left footed LB??????  - nah never catch on......

A shoe in for right back then!;)

Watching the video he looks like a quality winger, not seeing much defending 

Maybe we could be sticking to the wing back system? We'd need another centre back if we were

14 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He was talking about the picture in Barry Anderson's tweet! I think it's plain for all to see that the snapchat/Instagram pics are Tynecastle!

Ah, right :rofl:

alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Clearly subtlety isn't the boy's strong point. 

Maybe he meant to post them in the "where is this" thread.

I could make a You Tube video of Jamie Mole  and it would make him look impressive.  All I want is someone to come in and bust his bollocks week in week out and have a little bit of quality in an area we lack it.  If this boy is up to it then i'll pick him up at Edinburgh airport, I will not accept another dud with a big contract.

17 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hopefully his current team don't get a big name draw in the Europa League - could entice him to stay!

as you say that.... Ostersunds v Arsenal

17 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Hopefully his current team don't get a big name draw in the Europa League - could entice him to stay!

Think they just got Arsenal 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

How weathered do some of the seats look in those pictures

:sob:

Fear not my anxious friend, Celtic will be along to "refresh" them this Sunday :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Nightwing said:

as you say that.... Ostersunds v Arsenal

Speak about tempting fate!

Maybe we are signing him to play in the wing? 

Or perhaps as a stop gap LB until summer then a winger there on.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

26 games in the last 2 seasons, our man is not a regular for sure.

That's almost as bad as Martin, who'd played about 120 games in a decade prior to being given a three year contract at Hearts. 

35 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I could make a You Tube video of Jamie Mole  and it would make him look impressive.  All I want is someone to come in and bust his bollocks week in week out and have a little bit of quality in an area we lack it.  If this boy is up to it then i'll pick him up at Edinburgh airport, I will not accept another dud with a big contract.

There's no danger you'll be on collection duties pal !

11 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

I know osh and rherras looked good in their videos but so does this guy...third time lucky??

Oshaniwa didn't look anything but mediocre in his videos.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

That's almost as bad as Martin, who'd played about 120 games in a decade prior to being given a three year contract at Hearts. 

One of them has to be decent some day.

My research hasn't got very far, but has started some Europa League matches but has come off relatively early. Seems a bit of a squad man for Ostersunds, but the upside of that, they are a team doing well and he is definitely involved.

Looked a bit more through the Europa League run, he is not a fringe player. Gives me hope he could be decent

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

26 games in the last 2 seasons, our man is not a regular for sure.

In fairness 'english' wiki doesn't appear to be accurate, the Swedish version has his playing 30  since January '16 and they only play 30 a season. So he has played a decent amount if not every week.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

In fairness 'english' wiki doesn't appear to be accurate, the Swedish version has his playing 30  since January '16 and they only play 30 a season. So he has played a decent amount if not every week.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gabriel-somi/leistungsdaten/spieler/216046

saying that, the vast majority of his appearances seem to have been at LM. Perhaps we're not signing a new 'LB'...

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Edited my bit above, dug a bit deeper, looks as if he is very much a feature, does get subbed quite regularly though.

5 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

So in 2 years hes played 30 matches? 3 year contract without doubt. Next Right Mid.

Gene Parmesan
2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Are we now ignoring the Scottish market completely now?

Literally had the Inverness winger on trial just last week.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Can't really see who we can sign in it this January that will improve us and that we can afford.

Any player under age of 24 i.e. Mark Russell is going to command at least £200k fee which is far more risky than giving foreigners with decent pedigree a one year deal. 

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

It's January and we're skint, the only 'frees' will be foreign.

1 minute ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It's January and we're skint, the only 'frees' will be foreign.

It's been the same for the last 4 or 5 windows!

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pretty much due to that big sexy stand you just helped build!

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

You're ignoring us signing Souttar then?

That's ONE in the last 49 signings.......what were the others?

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Pretty much due to that big sexy stand you just helped build!

Stand OOT!!!!

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

That's ONE in the last 49 signings.......what were the others?

Callachan, Berra & Cowie.  McLaughin is Scottish, Isma, Lafferty, and Prince all have previous experience of Scottish football as well.  Plus we have signed guys like Hughes, Smith, Smith-Brown and Randall who have experience of British football, something we all wanted.  There's nowt wrong with using the foreign market, though I'd admit we've had extremely mixed results with doing so, so would hope we've learnt from taking random punts.

Gene Parmesan
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Callachan (Raith)

Sowah (Hamilton)

Muirhead (Kilmarnock)

Souttar (Dundee United)

Reilly (QoS)

Keatings (Hamilton)

Gomis (Dundee United)

The answer to my question is that at the start of Neilson's term as Head Coach, we announced that our policy was that there was better value signing foreign players rather than home grown young talent - Souttar being the exception.

We have signed well over 40 foreign players in recent years, mostly unknown, and apart from Sow, most of them were loaned out, paid off, punted, or sold for buttons. The result of this transfer policy is in every window we are having to virtually re-build a team over and over again.  The money wasted has been horrendous!

The likes of Aberdeen and Hibs have signed some quality players from Scottish Clubs - I really do think we need to re-think our transfer policy.

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Callachan (Raith) - out his depth

Sowah (Hamilton) - useless!

Muirhead (Kilmarnock) - we thought that highly of him we shoved him out the door

Souttar (Dundee United) - good signing, but much to learn

Reilly (QoS) - useless!

Keatings (Hamilton) - Championship player

Gomis (Dundee United) - Championship player

6 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Callachan, Berra & Cowie.  McLaughin is Scottish, Isma, Lafferty, and Prince all have previous experience of Scottish football as well.  Plus we have signed guys like Hughes, Smith, Smith-Brown and Randall who have experience of British football, something we all wanted.  There's nowt wrong with using the foreign market, though I'd admit we've had extremely mixed results with doing so, so would hope we've learnt from taking random punts.

Berra and Cowie were not available in the Scottish market ie. playing for Scottish Clubs.

Agreed nothing wrong with signing players from foreign football, however I think we need a better mix of young Scottish targets.

Also agree the vast majority of our signings look like "random punts" and have performed accordingly!

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The answer to my question is that at the start of Neilson's term as Head Coach, we announced that our policy was that there was better value signing foreign players rather than home grown young talent - Souttar being the exception.

We have signed well over 40 foreign players in recent years, mostly unknown, and apart from Sow, most of them were loaned out, paid off, punted, or sold for buttons. The result of this transfer policy is in every window we are having to virtually re-build a team over and over again.  The money wasted has been horrendous!

The likes of Aberdeen and Hibs have signed some quality players from Scottish Clubs - I really do think we need to re-think our transfer policy.

I don't think the flaw is where we've signed them from. I think the flaw is the lazy way we scouted them, when you add that to the personnel we have involved in looking at and assessing players the results are predictable

Gene Parmesan

You can't just change the terms of your question when you're proved wrong. You wrote: "Are we now ignoring the Scottish market completely now?" and the answer is "No".

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

You can't just change the terms of your question when you're proved wrong. You wrote: "Are we now ignoring the Scottish market completely now?" and the answer is "No".

And slates pretty much every signing we've made in the Scottish market...

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Callachan (Raith) - out his depth

Sowah (Hamilton) - useless!

Muirhead (Kilmarnock) - we thought that highly of him we shoved him out the door

Souttar (Dundee United) - good signing, but much to learn

Reilly (QoS) - useless!

Keatings (Hamilton) - Championship player

Gomis (Dundee United) - Championship player

Surely what you've highlighted there defeats your point rather than supports it. Why would we concentrate on a market that has given such poor results.

Any yes I know that the foreign market hasn't been much better.

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And slates pretty much every signing we've made in the Scottish market...

I gave my opinion on these players - you give me your assessment then.

Just now, jim747 said:

That Osman Sow chap did ok for us the last time we brought in a Swede with middle eastern roots.

The ONE shining light............was El Hass a Swede or such like with middle eastern roots????

2 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Surely what you've highlighted there defeats your point rather than supports it. Why would we concentrate on a market that has given such poor results.

Any yes I know that the foreign market hasn't been much better.

It highlights our scouting and signing policy whether at home or abroad has been sadly lacking!

There is Scottish talent out there - Hibs and Aberdeen for instance have signed some good quality players in recent seasons - we just need to be smart enough to find them!

Archived