Tin hat

buzzbomb1958

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Howdy Doody Jambo
8 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I watched the game today and looking between them and us at the moment we are well behind ,defence wise about the same but midfield outgunned they have a team who fight every ball ,we have a bunch of pussies we will not beat them over any game in December please Levien duck off

No, if you have wathed the recent run of home games we have limited the opposition to very little, in fact our keeper has only had to make about 2saves in 4 games, Levein is doing the best with what he has to work with and has made us more of a solid unit, the players are giving 100%,we might not be Barcelona but we're improving and bringing through several youngsters also 

A few solid signings in a few weeks time will see us kick on 

A_A wehatethehibs

Ultimately hibs are a good side, better than us so far this season by 8 points. But I’ve seen better sides than this one, in both green and in maroon, lose to poorer opposition in the Edinburgh derby. Hard work and commitment can win this game

7 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Jesus, we were shite there, but didn't lack effort.

Randall, greizlak and Cochrane are just a poor midfield.

We all knew it was a problem.

Cowie, Prince, Djoum are far better.

Don't worry so much, we have games first.

Cowie, Prince and Djoum. More like, Headless chicken, utter shite, wants away. Dear lord. Their midfield must be bricking it. 

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

Cowie, Prince and Djoum. More like, Headless chicken, utter shite, wants away. Dear lord. Their midfield must be bricking it. 

Or Hardworking Scottish International, MOTM on Saturday and African Nations Champions midfielder, depending whether you want to talk Hearts players down and lower morale or not....

8 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I watched the game today and looking between them and us at the moment we are well behind ,defence wise about the same but midfield outgunned they have a team who fight every ball ,we have a bunch of pussies we will not beat them over any game in December please Levien duck off

Imagine suggesting to the real Drew Busby that whoever we were playing, we would not beat them?!  I know what kind of reaction you'd get.

Very few people on this board would suggest that we're in a great place just now however with a big of fight and steel (which has been more apparent in the team of late), we can beat this shower.  With the exception of Celtic, we can beat anyone in the league, the quality isn't great.  

You're partly right about your 'pussies' comment though, there are a few ****** wombles in our support who've already chucked in the towel.  Wish they'd 'duck off'.

Yesterday was a weird game because Hibs could’ve had no complaints if that game had finished 5 nil, Celtic spanked them for 70 minutes. Then Celtic after 70 minutes couldn’t have complained if Hibs had won 3-2, was a crazy game.

The biggest difference between Hibs and us just now is the two in midfield. Bartley and McGinn are better than what we have in the middle of the park, pretty much even everywhere else. Hibs barely threatened Celtic yesterday for 70 minutes, in fact, for long periods of the game it was a training match for Celtic. One poorly defended corner and a deflected goal brings them back into it and after that they pushed Celtic very close due to desire and Celtics poor play. Hibs have had the luck of the green that we seem to be missing in terms of the break of the ball etc. They where poor against thistle last week and score from a poorly defended free kick own goal. Thistle equalise against us from a break of the ball in the box. I don’t think they are that far ahead of us, let’s see how Wednesday and the weekend go for them. Games against Celtic won’t define Hibs or our season, IMO. 

6 hours ago, Spencer said:

That particular display was absolutely horrific. I don't think I'm alone in believing that 

You arent, its the “no self respect” line that makes you sound like a child.

We have poor players in midfield they dont its seriously that simple.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

You arent, its the “no self respect” line that makes you sound like a child.

We have poor players in midfield they dont its seriously that simple.

I know it's a harsh thing to say but I honestly believe it

Players that night didn't give a flying ****. Young Currie came on and displayed better work rate than any of them

We do have poor players in midfield. On that particular occasion they were also completely out fought. That surely isn't acceptable 

Hibs never had a kick of the ball until Celtic took foot of gas at 2-0. They did well to come back but this game showed if you keep the ball yourself you will hurt Hibs.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I don't rate this Hibs team. They're just punching above their weight at the moment. They'll probably beat us though.

28 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Or Hardworking Scottish International, MOTM on Saturday and African Nations Champions midfielder, depending whether you want to talk Hearts players down and lower morale or not....

Lower morale !! Seriously ? Struggling to think when it’s been lower. Apart from us being horrific to watch at the moment, we’re currently miles behind the tramps. 

Bazzas right boot
47 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

still far better than Cochrane, Grizliek and Randall.

Too much bumming up hibs on here. 

scott herbertson
10 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

Lower morale !! Seriously ? Struggling to think when it’s been lower. Apart from us being horrific to watch at the moment, we’re currently miles behind the tramps. 

I think about bout half the time I’ve been watching Hearts (1964 to now) it’s been lower.

and I wouldn’t say we are miles behind Hibs at the moment - McGinn’s probably the difference.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, ZEUS said:

miles- 9 points

15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don't rate this Hibs team. They're just punching above their weight at the moment. They'll probably beat us though.

Funny enough, I think they are better than they are showing.  The three league games against the infirm they showed too much respect and it was only after they went behind that Hibs had a go and the result so far has been two draws against celtic and a win at Ibrox.  A good January window and Shaw cementing a place could make a big difference.  Being a Hibs fan from a different era I am delighted with that, but I also like to see both Edinburgh teams do well, so I hope hearts have a good window too and kick on.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, ZEUS said:

Miles. Quality and effort. 

Disagree.

We have better strikers and defenders, we do lack balance and quality in midfield v them and ofc a left back. nothing 3 signings ( good) wouldn't address.

The team has been well organised and in all the games I've seen given 100% effort.

I'll grant Hibs their fighting spirit. They don't roll over like they used to. But they still ship goals against shite teams almost weekly and regardless of their efforts against Celtic they again conceded 2 goals. So defensively they are there for the taking. It's up to use to stop them scoring.

You point to our midfield as the major flaw in our team and yet you then tell Levein to **** off. Strange agenda driven shite ruins a good post once again.

Should we not be looking to Levein to sign players for the midfield to help fix this?

I hardly see Levein to blame for the team failing. Like you said we have a strong defence. Our left back has hardly kicked a ball through injury and Levein has made it a priority position. Not his fault.

We have a couple of strikers who are scoring goals even with a poor service from the middle. 

Levein is not to blame for us having a very talented AFCON winner not turning up for ages. Nor is he responsible for him getting injured and missing a lot of the season so far. In actual fact he appears to be playing much better with Levein in charge. 

Callachan has looked decent but was left hung out by injuries leaving him to carry the midfield with teenagers while not being fully fit himself. 

Hopefully Cowie gets fully fit. He's important to the team even if he is getting on in years. 

January is a horrible time to try and fix multiple positions with new players. Most will cost money and teams will play hard ball. So it's not a guarantee we will sign who we want.

Left back

Attacking midfielder

Winger

Quality in those 3 positions would change the dynamic of our team completely. 

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

I'll grant Hibs their fighting spirit. They don't roll over like they used to. But they still ship goals against shite teams almost weekly and regardless of their efforts against Celtic they again conceded 2 goals. So defensively they are there for the taking. It's up to use to stop them scoring.

You point to our midfield as the major flaw in our team and yet you then tell Levein to **** off. Strange agenda driven shite ruins a good post once again.

Should we not be looking to Levein to sign players for the midfield to help fix this?

I hardly see Levein to blame for the team failing. Like you said we have a strong defence. Our left back has hardly kicked a ball through injury and Levein has made it a priority position. Not his fault.

We have a couple of strikers who are scoring goals even with a poor service from the middle. 

Levein is not to blame for us having a very talented AFCON winner not turning up for ages. Nor is he responsible for him getting injured and missing a lot of the season so far. In actual fact he appears to be playing much better with Levein in charge. 

Callachan has looked decent but was left hung out by injuries leaving him to carry the midfield with teenagers while not being fully fit himself. 

Hopefully Cowie gets fully fit. He's important to the team even if he is getting on in years. 

January is a horrible time to try and fix multiple positions with new players. Most will cost money and teams will play hard ball. So it's not a guarantee we will sign who we want.

Left back

Attacking midfielder

Winger

"Agenda" is the new JKB buzz word 

All roads lead to Gorgie
8 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Jesus, we were shite there, but didn't lack effort.

Randall, greizlak and Cochrane are just a poor midfield.

We all knew it was a problem.

Cowie, Prince, Djoum are far better.

Don't worry so much, we have games first.

I thought Cowie, Prince and Djoum showed plenty dig and a more drive than of late in the Motherwell game, so I have confidence we can compete well in the upcoming derby. I also thought that Lafferty and Milincovic, when he came on, harried the opposition and cut off the back four feed to the midfield. Hibs might have a wee bit more pace in certain areas but with work rate we can overcome that and show that we are ready to take the upper hand again!

3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I'm with the OP.  I'm really really scared of Hibs.

Tongue in cheek Doug?

16 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Left back

Attacking midfielder

Winger

Djoum is not as talented as folk make out, he's a decent player that on his day can look very good but they are rare occasions, I think the fact he won that African cup has people thinking he's some sort of superstar that just isn't trying anymore.

Hibs are clearly a better side than us, they've bought well and look to have a clear identity about them, we're the opposite just now, we've bought extremely poorly and are just doing enough to steer clear of relegation at the moment. Doesn't mean we can't beat them, if we were to go 1-0 up then we could conceivably grind it out and win but if they take the lead again I believe we're screwed.

58 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

Djoum is not as talented as folk make out, he's a decent player that on his day can look very good but they are rare occasions, I think the fact he won that African cup has people thinking he's some sort of superstar that just isn't trying anymore.

He wasn't just a bench warmer in that team though. He played regularly and played well as an important part of that team.

We play in a shit league. Whether we like it or not Scottish football teams are now nobodies in terms of competing against the rest of Europe. 

Djoum is capable of playing at a higher level than us if he consistently performed to his potential.

11 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The fact is that they were stuck in the Championship for 3 years!  As such we should now be miles ahead of them football wise - we are Not!

They have been building a team for the last couple of years, and have invested in a good Manager who can motivate players - yes the man is a wee shite - but that does not change facts.

Hearts on the other hand have not built a team - it's basically start again at every window, under this D of F structure which has proven to be a shambles!

2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Disagree.

We have better strikers and defenders, we do lack balance and quality in midfield v them and ofc a left back. nothing 3 signings ( good) wouldn't address.

The team has been well organised and in all the games I've seen given 100% effort.

Sometimes I think you are just trolling with this stuff Tosh.

Cant believe what I read on here sometimes.

Some of you spineless, moaning faced plebs are half the problem. When a player makes a mistake you immediately jump on their backs and it is none the wonder their confidence is shot. Hopefully the win gives them a kick and the monkey is off our backs.

The praise that some heap on our rivals is vomit inducing. Some of the fans talk about players not turning up And bottelling it...well maybe if the fans aren't a bunch of hypocrites and bottle merchants themselvs then things would improve.

...a bit disco
2 hours ago, ZEUS said:

You obviously weren't around when Dumbarton pumped us 2-5 to consign us to a 2nd season in the old First.

Perspective.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

miles- 9 points

Indeed. If we're 'miles' behind Hibs with a 9 point gap, then we must be miles ahead of Partick with our 10 point gap, yet some on here would have us in a relegation battle.

Mental.

2 hours ago, RudiHMFC said:

Disagree. His best Football was before he won the ACoN. If anything that’s been used as an excuse to call him a big time Charlie since his performance levels dropped upon returning from the competition. It is no coincidence that we have improved markedly since he returned from injury. He is a good player but he can’t do it all himself, we need more quality midfielders around him.

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Yesterday was a weird game because Hibs could’ve had no complaints if that game had finished 5 nil, Celtic spanked them for 70 minutes. Then Celtic after 70 minutes couldn’t have complained if Hibs had won 3-2, was a crazy game.

The biggest difference between Hibs and us just now is the two in midfield. Bartley and McGinn are better than what we have in the middle of the park, pretty much even everywhere else. Hibs barely threatened Celtic yesterday for 70 minutes, in fact, for long periods of the game it was a training match for Celtic. One poorly defended corner and a deflected goal brings them back into it and after that they pushed Celtic very close due to desire and Celtics poor play. Hibs have had the luck of the green that we seem to be missing in terms of the break of the ball etc. They where poor against thistle last week and score from a poorly defended free kick own goal. Thistle equalise against us from a break of the ball in the box. I don’t think they are that far ahead of us, let’s see how Wednesday and the weekend go for them. Games against Celtic won’t define Hibs or our season, IMO. 

This guy gets it.  spot on.  if that played out at 2.0 it would have been a lot of talk about how poor hibs were and hibs fans would have left very unhappy - it was evident in comments on social media etc during the game from their fans.  2 quick fire goals (with slices of luck) and all the momentum and finish strong and they were sung off the pitch and feel like world beaters again, 1 clearance away from ending the record.  footballs a funny old game.

Only thing i would add is that they have a real team spirit and belief which, in football, can outweigh quality in certain periods of games !    I would say that we are definately getting that back ourselves, its been evident in the home games recently.

Congratulations to the OP for creating a thread which has successfully addressed the void created on the Motherwell match thread due to Hearts winning that particular game.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Sometimes I think you are just trolling with this stuff Tosh.

Aye, ok then

I'm the troll when all you do is big up hibs, slag the players and attack our manager whenever you get the chance.

I'm the troll for not thinking hibs are ****ing Barcelona.

Accused of being a troll for sticking up for Hearts against hibs. Great stuff.

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, ok then

I'm the troll when all you do is big up hibs, slag the players and attack our manager whenever you get the chance.

You wanted Hibs to win the Scottish cup and you got what you wanted.

Broxburn Jambo
12 hours ago, iantjambo said:

The Hibs wankfest that seems to be rife on this board at the minute really turns my stomach.

THIS X 1000

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

I wanted Hearts to win the sc, as I do this year.

13 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

did they really look that good though? 

should have been two down at HT,  celtic played like it was a home game for them. 

as soon as hibs got in there face they shat themselves, cause they are not used to it. 

we need to do this from start to finish next week

4 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Do you think you guys will finish second under Lennon?

41 minutes ago, Haken said:

Congratulations to the OP for creating a thread which has successfully addressed the void created on the Motherwell match thread due to Hearts winning that particular game.

This.

The OP has clearly shat his breeks over the prospect that we might finish below the scum this season.

1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

You obviously weren't around when Dumbarton pumped us 2-5 to consign us to a 2nd season in the old First.

Perspective.

Sharp perspective. I was 14 at the time. That afternoon must qualify as a form of child cruelty. Along with East Stirling, Queens Park, Forfar...

3 hours ago, ray- said:

Funny enough, I think they are better than they are showing.  The three league games against the infirm they showed too much respect and it was only after they went behind that Hibs had a go and the result so far has been two draws against celtic and a win at Ibrox.  A good January window and Shaw cementing a place could make a big difference.  Being a Hibs fan from a different era I am delighted with that, but I also like to see both Edinburgh teams do well, so I hope hearts have a good window too and kick on.

Welcome Ray. 

Hibs fans seem to be welcome here as you can see above. 

30 minutes ago, RudiHMFC said:

HAHA!!  BINGO!!!!  :laugh:

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Do you think you guys will finish second under Lennon?

No they will finish 4th.

38 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Aye, ok then

Did I say Hibs were  ****ing Barcelona Toshy???   Don't be a silly boy!

As for 'bigging up Hibs' you did a fair bit of that before they beat the Huns in the SC final.....now don't say you didn't....:laugh:

13 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Think you could do us all a favour and duck off yourself, pity you want to sully the nickname of one of our great players in the process. 

Archived