Well done Connor Randall

swilso

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Thought Police said:

Night and day from when he has played in midfield

Never a midfielder. Finding some form at RB.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, karipidis said:

I can think of 3 games he’s played at right back, the last 2 games and at murrayfield against Aberdeen, and all 3 games he’s been superb. Not sure how he is very limited or why he can’t be first choice right back. Been very impressed with him last 2 games. 

Indeed !

Based on these three games at RB we simply could not afford to sign anyone better.

If this Syrian internationalist that we are trying to sign is as capable at LB as CR is on the right we are indeed going to have a defence as strong as the old castle rock.

I hope Conor keeps up the good work and we sign him permanently. 

6 hours ago, Ryder said:

Sound. Just wondered which particular games he was shit in. I’ve not seen him have a shit game personally. I also don’t agree with others that he is a shit midfielder.

He was really shit against the spoon burners in midfield, never made a tackle all night. Played well up at Dingwall in midfield whilst selling a goal and getting sent off . He’s been really good the last two games and could have been man of the match in both ?

Shows what happens when you play a player in his natural position. He has been  excellent in the last two games. Sunday will be a test for him though. Mind you, it will be a test for all eleven on the pitch.

Signed as a right back who can also play in midfield. 

No.

He is a right back who can play right back and that is where he belongs. 

Well done on his last couple of performances. Should never play in midfield ever again.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Really starting to take to Randall. Every game at RB he's been outstanding. Hope he continues his form and at the moment although probably harsh on smith who's having to play on the left I hope he keeps his place. It amazing at the moment we have three talanted right backs but not one decent left back!

He looks confident at right back.  He looks like when he gets the ball, he has a purpose and knows what he wants to do and he also looks like he wants to do it quickly rather than ***** about with it.  He started the move which led to Stockton's disallowed goal which whilst it didn't count, showed that we can play some nice one touch stuff to get up the park and create.  He's never, ever, ever Liverpool first team level but he's Hearts first team level.  Wouldn't be too upset if his move became permanent.

Give absolutely 100% yesterday and not without some considerable skill.  Round pegs in round holes seems to be the thing for him.

letsalldothebeattie

Finally starting to see the player he is capable of being now he’s fully fit which Levein has said he’s been desperate for at times this season.

Would more than happily see him stay long term because let’s face it he isn’t going to get into the Liverpool set up

alwaysthereinspirit
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 18:12, HamishMcGonagall said:

Think "great" is a bit of an exaggeration... Pleased to get the win but don't think anyone really had a great game.  Few decent performances but overall it was another bit of a struggle.

Granted he wasn't nearly as bad as times I've seen him before.

Nah, I'm not accepting this post. No friggin' way. GTF. Sorry but no way, not today.

All Out Attack
On 13/12/2017 at 00:22, Ryder said:

Sound. Just wondered which particular games he was shit in. I’ve not seen him have a shit game personally. I also don’t agree with others that he is a shit midfielder.

I still remember one away to Killie earlier in the season, where he was utterly horrendous. 

I have been quite a critic of Randall, however most of the games where he has been pretty rank, have been with him playing in midfield. 

Yesterday he was a contender for MOM and had by far his best display for Hearts. Last week he was excellent too. I would actually go as far as to say, he is a better right back than Smith as he clearly has more pace. 

I'm for giving him the job on a permanent basis. 

Special Agent Dale Cooper
21 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Nah, I'm not accepting this post. No friggin' way. GTF. Sorry but no way, not today.

His post was dated the 9th December mate ;)

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

His post was dated the 9th December mate ;)

Damn you and your facts. :huh2: Apology on the way.

alwaysthereinspirit
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 18:12, HamishMcGonagall said:

Think "great" is a bit of an exaggeration... Pleased to get the win but don't think anyone really had a great game.  Few decent performances but overall it was another bit of a struggle.

Granted he wasn't nearly as bad as times I've seen him before.

I owe you an apology. Sorry for being a dink.

18Jambo_dave74

I hadn't been impressed with him at all in midfield but thought he had a good game at right back against Aberdeen at Murrayfield. 

However in the last week I would say over the last 3 games he has been our best player (possibly with exception of Berra). Yesterday he was absolutely excellent up against Sinclair and was giving him no time on the ball. I think he has shown a bit of quality on the ball and drive going forward down the right hand side that I didn't really think he had. 

It seems he has been struggling with injuries/fitness so hopefully we're now seeing the real him. The right back position is now his to loose as far as I'm concerned. 

He can make Right Back his position for years, he has been fantastic the last two games. He is a very good defender - but a very poor midfielder.

There is no problem with that, not every one is Rudi Skacel...

His composure, focus and drive is exactly what we require, following Patersons departure.

HamishMcGonagall
2 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I owe you an apology. Sorry for being a dink.

Ha! Nae bother. He really has came onto a game the last couple of weeks.  Suppose getting a run in the team in his natural position has helped.

alwaysthereinspirit
6 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Ha! Nae bother. He really has came onto a game the last couple of weeks.  Suppose getting a run in the team in his natural position has helped.

I really need to pay more attention. Again sorry.

Captain Bubblebeard

Thought he was absolutely outstanding yesterday - very near the top of a very long and worthy queue for my man of the match. (Still not quite managed to decide who should be top of that queue! Nicer problems to have!)

4 hours ago, gowestjambo said:

His composure, focus and drive is exactly what we require, following Patersons departure.

Never came to my mind that he is actually a very sound replacement for Callum Paterson if he keeps performing as of late.

5 minutes ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Thought he was absolutely outstanding yesterday - very near the top of a very long and worthy queue for my man of the match. (Still not quite managed to decide who should be top of that queue! Nicer problems to have!)

1= Lafferty, Milinkovic, Cochrane

4=Smith, Berra, Randall
7 Brandon

8 McLaughlin

9 Cowie

10 Callachan
11 Buaben

The fact that Cowie played about an 8/10 and is way down that list tells a story!

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, bmeikle said:

4=Smith, Berra, Randall
7 Brandon

8 McLaughlin

9 Cowie

10 Callachan
11 Buaben

The fact that Cowie played about an 8/10 and is way down that list tells a story!

That's a tough choice - wouldn't have Mclaughlin as low as 8th - he was a rock - probably have him with your 4th equals and maybe Berra with the '1's but its a very very tough call they were all so good . Probably Cowie above Brandon, oh .....I dunno...

Liverpool supporting pal can’t understand why he was playing in midfield as right back has always been his position.

He’s been great the last few games in his natural position. Long may it continue.

He has come onto his game at right back, likes to get forward too.  I thought he linked up very well with young Anthony last Tuesday against Dundee, a few overlapping runs when McDonald cut inside.  Deserves to keep his place against St Johnstone (assuming no ill effects from Sunday's exertions).

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

That's a tough choice - wouldn't have Mclaughlin as low as 8th - he was a rock - probably have him with your 4th equals and maybe Berra with the '1's but its a very very tough call they were all so good . Probably Cowie above Brandon, oh .....I dunno...

They were all joint 1st.  Except Buaben, who claimed 2nd place as his own!

Captain Bubblebeard
1 hour ago, bmeikle said:

4=Smith, Berra, Randall
7 Brandon

8 McLaughlin

9 Cowie

10 Callachan
11 Buaben

Think I’d go:

1=Berra, Randall, Milinkovic 

4=Lafferty, Cochrane

6= Smith, McLaughlin 

8 Cowie

9 Brandon

10 Callachan 

11 Bauben

But even Brandon had a largely good game and Callachan gets credit for putting a dire first half behind him, pulling his socks up and getting on with it in the second...

Archived