Well done Connor Randall

swilso

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HamishMcGonagall

Think "great" is a bit of an exaggeration... Pleased to get the win but don't think anyone really had a great game.  Few decent performances but overall it was another bit of a struggle.

Granted he wasn't nearly as bad as times I've seen him before.

Yep, as I stated in the match forum I'm not his biggest fan, but definitely improved the team today. No complaints from me. He just needs to show these kinds of performances on a consistent basis. With Connor and Prince both showing what they are capable of today there are some further positives to take along with the much needed 3 points. 

HHGH.

I also thought he played well and so did Prince.

Needed that extra strength in midfield to counter the physical Motherwell players.

He is actually ok when he plays at right back did well there today - just please don’t ever play him centre midfield again hearts.

1 hour ago, Rents said:

Played well looked solid that pass for Moore was class. 

Pass of the game and if Moore had scored it would have been some goal

been here before

Done OK today although Im always distracted by him looking like Robert the Bruce from Braveheart.

53ca2f7884166e234824043bb8c32fc7--angus-macfadyen-braveheart.jpg

eb7c7ebe21ce9c07b5b239f5d9d27747.jpg

Congrats to him. He does look good every few games but he is nowhere near consistent enough. I'd be keen for us to keep him beyond the loan spell and try and work on that with him because he clearly does have the commitment and attitude as well as a very tenacious style to his play which is something I can get behind.

He's never making it at Liverpool and tbh, with his inconsistency I'd question what level he'd have to drop down to actually get the game time he needs...

The guys a right back and a decent one.  Folk judging him on his central midfield performances are unfair.  I would play him every week at right back as he’s quick, strong in the tackle and gets up and down the channel.  Put us this way, I’d have him dealing with Barker on 27th before Smith.

On his first-half performance, he was man of the match, effort and skill in abundance , faded in the second half but I think he must have been told to stay back more, strange, when we were not threatened in the first half and were much more of a threat to them than they were to us.

Given that we struggle with width and getting crosses into the box would like to see what Brandon could do ahead of him.

Watching Cowie play there is painful 

He had a good game yesterday. Showed what he can do if he's played in his natural position. Never a midfielder, but quite a competent full back. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Solid performance, Liverpool will surely release him, it's up to him to improve and keep his place in the team 

fabienleclerq

Thought he was very good, confirmed he's never a CM and is in fact a RB.

Prince was excellent aswell and Moore one rookie pass aside was very good too especially defensively. Felt for smith as he isn't comfortable on the left.

He was solid enough, but like Smith does not have a great deal of pace, so will struggle if not supported against Hibs. 

If he accepts his limitations and works hard at what he's good at he could be a solid right back for us. Good performance.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Thought Police said:

He needs told that he is not a midfielder.

A right back or not at all. Best right back of the season against Aberdeen and again yesterday 

8 hours ago, OTT said:

Congrats to him. He does look good every few games but he is nowhere near consistent enough. I'd be keen for us to keep him beyond the loan spell and try and work on that with him because he clearly does have the commitment and attitude as well as a very tenacious style to his play which is something I can get behind.

He's never making it at Liverpool and tbh, with his inconsistency I'd question what level he'd have to drop down to actually get the game time he needs...

This whole level of inconsistency thing attached to Connor Randall is off the mark I feel. If played in one position which is his best then that goes out the window thus far.  Twice he has played at Right Back, twice he has performed well - especially against Aberdeen (the best Hearts have played all season).  I know it's said he is a midfielder also, but for me he is a right back first and foremost where he will perform consistently well if played there!

Played really well and not for the first time.

Our best right back by far.

He can only get better with games.

I hope that he stays.

45 minutes ago, on&up2017 said:

This whole level of inconsistency thing attached to Connor Randall is off the mark I feel. If played in one position which is his best then that goes out the window thus far.  Twice he has played at Right Back, twice he has performed well - especially against Aberdeen (the best Hearts have played all season).  I know it's said he is a midfielder also, but for me he is a right back first and foremost where he will perform consistently well if played there!

I think part of the issue here is that on the assumption that Cathro signed him he stated that he was a central midfielder. I think from his previous performances in that position it is obvious that this is not his best position and he looks much better in the right back position.

It does say on the Liverpool website that he is an attacking full back so you would think his parent club would know which position suits him best.

He certainly played well yesterday but he needs a run of games to build on that performance.

Levein has been guilty of shufflling the team about since he took over although I know sometimes that is down to injuries but he needs to decide what his best team is and stick with it to help them develop an understanding in the team.

Been a big critic of him this season but he played really well yesterday and along with Prince and Berra played with a determination and drive that we have lacked recently 

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

He needs told that he is not a midfielder.

He knows he can't play midfield he's an ordinary right back. Levein was mad to play him in midfield let's hope he's learned his lesson.

Tokyo Drifter
15 hours ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

Think "great" is a bit of an exaggeration... Pleased to get the win but don't think anyone really had a great game.  Few decent performances but overall it was another bit of a struggle.

Granted he wasn't nearly as bad as times I've seen him before.

Agree more with that assessment than OP's I'm afraid. 

Bazzas right boot

Smith is the better right back.

Brandon is also far better than him.

Shame smith is being forced out left as Randall and griezlak are honking out There.

I counted 4 times that Randall was beaten yesterday. He was better than he has been in midfield but that wasn't hard, he's a poor player, Should be nowhere near our first eleven, as for Liverpool, the mind boggles.

Yesterday, he won headers, a few tackles and kicked the ball away -well.

We need far more than that.

Played a role in a defence that finally kept a clean sheet.

No negativity from me around his performance, you'd have to be a prick to pick holes in him yesterday.

HamishMcGonagall
19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Played a role in a defence that finally kept a clean sheet.

No negativity from me around his performance, you'd have to be a prick to pick holes in him yesterday.

He didn't play badly but do you think his performance was worthy of a thread with folk saying he was great? 

Couldn't give anyone more than a 7/10 yesterday, with a few more on the 6 mark so for there to be a thread singling a player out as having a great game is a bit odd.  

Maybe just reflective of how badly we've been recently though that a performance like that gets you a thread on here.

Just now, HamishMcGonagall said:

He didn't play badly but do you think his performance was worthy of a thread with folk saying he was great? 

Couldn't give anyone more than a 7/10 yesterday, with a few more on the 6 mark so for there to be a thread singling a player out as having a great game is a bit odd.  

Maybe just reflective of how badly we've been recently though that a performance like that gets you a thread on here.

I wouldn't say he was great, I'd say he was exactly what we wanted in that game yesterday.

Solid performance from him and the team in general.

Good game.

However, I suspect he only got a start yesterday at RB due to the absence of Brandon. Michael Smith is our 1st choice RB but due to no regular LB plays there.   Come January, I expect Levein to have sorted out the LB position which would mean Smith moving back to RB permanently.

Randall, Brandon and Liam Smith (on his return from loan) will all move down the RB pecking order.

HamishMcGonagall
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I wouldn't say he was great, I'd say he was exactly what we wanted in that game yesterday.

Solid performance from him and the team in general.

Aye. A solid performance. I'd agree with that.  Certainly not great.

Elias Henry Furst

Him and Prince were probably our best players yesterday.

I hope both are moved on and replaced by better ASAP.

Let's face it we should be getting rid of

Randall

Smith-Brown

Hughes

Bauben

Cowie

Nowak

Callachan

Martin

Stockton

Grzelak

Noring

and

Goncalves unless he can sort his head out which i don't believe he will do. He's so frustrating to watch.

24 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Randall

Smith-Brown

Hughes

Bauben

Cowie

Nowak

Callachan

Martin

Stockton

Grzelak

Noring

and

Goncalves unless he can sort his head out which i don't believe he will do. He's so frustrating to watch.

That’ll be cheap to pay them all off then replace. 

On 10/12/2017 at 17:30, davemclaren said:

That’ll be cheap to pay them all off then replace. 

You will notice since this list was posted not one kickbacker has diisagreed.

On 2017-12-10 at 06:09, mitch41 said:

He knows he can't play midfield he's an ordinary right back. Levein was mad to play him in midfield let's hope he's learned his lesson.

He's played midfield and RB for Liverpool. Not that mad tbh given our lack of options currently.

On 2017-12-10 at 09:05, mitch41 said:

Randall

Smith-Brown

Hughes

Bauben

Cowie

Nowak

Callachan

Martin

Stockton

Grzelak

Noring

and

Not sure you get the concept of a squad. I wouldn't see any of them as first choices right now apart from Isma, but Cowie, Bauben, Hughes, Randall and Callachan are more than good enough for the squad. Jury's out on Stockton for me. Not an improvement on Bjorn Johnson or even Conor Sammon so far. The idea that we would be able to afford better versions of all of them as squad players seems a bit crazy. We're not a club that can afford two good teams of 11 in the squad. I wouldn't miss any of the others though, and Cowie and Hughes are nearing the end of their careers. Martin is still the great unknown given how few games he's had.

Bazzas right boot
On 10/12/2017 at 17:05, mitch41 said:

Randall

Smith-Brown

Hughes

Bauben

Cowie

Nowak

Callachan

Martin

Stockton

Grzelak

Noring

and

We playing 5 a sides after the winter break?

Archived