Well done Connor Randall

swilso

7 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You will notice since this list was posted not one kickbacker has diisagreed.

Do a lot of posters have you on ignore? :wink:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, socrates82 said:

Not sure you get the concept of a squad. I wouldn't see any of them as first choices right now apart from Isma, but Cowie, Bauben, Hughes, Randall and Callachan are more than good enough for the squad. Jury's out on Stockton for me. Not an improvement on Bjorn Johnson or even Conor Sammon so far. The idea that we would be able to afford better versions of all of them as squad players seems a bit crazy. We're not a club that can afford two good teams of 11 in the squad. I wouldn't miss any of the others though, and Cowie and Hughes are nearing the end of their careers. Martin is still the great unknown given how few games he's had.

A decent squad should enable players coming off the bench to change a game we don't have that. We weaken our team most of the time when we make changes from the bench. 

Major surgery required.

If only we could get rid of the dead wood we would be half way there. i hope Levein can shift a lot of them 

this january with the rest leaving in the summer.  The whole way there would be Levein signing players 

that will lift Hearts up the league and challenging for cups & europe. We are putting our faith in Levein 

and his Bootroom buddies to put a team on the pitch that Hearts fans can be proud of and if it all goes

pear shaped even Ann Budge won't be able to save them.

10 hours ago, mitch41 said:

You will notice since this list was posted not one kickbacker has diisagreed.

That's probably because when previously people have disagreed with you, you seem to take it so well... 

Of that list. Cowie i would def keep, same with Goncalves.

Randall, Callachan are fine as squad members. 

Hughes and Smith-Brown are both (smith brown i'm working on reports here) good enough if fit, but they are rarely. If Smith-Brown isn't costing us anything in wages keep him. Hughes I agree is an expensive crock. However, maybe he is on a pay as you play deal?

Nowak and Noring are a bit meh for me. Both probably relatively cheap squad fillers. You could argue the same of Stockton. For the first 2, a youth player could fill that, so if we can get rid of them do it. 

The others - agreed. But they won't just walk away. 

On 10/12/2017 at 11:11, Gigolo-Aunt said:

"Great"

:cornette:

I know you don’t really go to many Hearts games GA, but on the off chance that there was a blue moon... what did you think of Randall tonight? :rofl:

Arthur Morgan

Man of the match for me. Didn't put a foot wrong. He has a decent amount of pace and seems comfortable on the ball. He is hardly ever troubled defensively too.

He had a good game.  Berra would be my MoM though, he was immense at the back and popped up with a goal to take the pressure off.  Randall and McDonald both worthy of special mention though.

18 minutes ago, Joel Miller said:

Man of the match for me. Didn't put a foot wrong. He has a decent amount of pace and seems comfortable on the ball. He is hardly ever troubled defensively too.

He was my MOTM as well, although Berra was also superb. But Randall looks excellent at RB and offers more in an attacking sense than Smith. 

Just now, RobNox said:

He had a good game.  Berra would be my MoM though, he was immense at the back and popped up with a goal to take the pressure off.  Randall and McDonald both worthy of special mention though.

Agreed and additional mention for Moore and Cochrane.

Thought Connor was very good tonight. Looked confident and assured and had a good understanding with McDonald, especially second half.

Another good game tonight. Sunday will test him though. If he keeps it simple and concentrates on the basics he will hopefully keep the Celtic wide players quite.

As with everyone else, I thought tonight was a solid performance by the lad. We've found his position, now it's just a case of making sure we get a consistent run of good performances in the bigger games coming up (celtic, Hibs x2, Aberdeen) 

Bazzas right boot

Playing well, but imo still very limited.

He's a decent defender, but not what we should have as first choice full back.

Much better in Defence than midfield.

No surprise that he looks 10x better when played in his natural position. 

Thought he had a great game and deserves to keep his place in the team.

7 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Playing well, but imo still very limited.

He's a decent defender, but not what we should have as first choice full back.

Much better in Defence than midfield.

I can think of 3 games he’s played at right back, the last 2 games and at murrayfield against Aberdeen, and all 3 games he’s been superb. Not sure how he is very limited or why he can’t be first choice right back. Been very impressed with him last 2 games. 

queensferryjambo

Good performance tonight.

Quite baffling as to why when he had such a good match against Aberdeen at right back why we never stuck with him there the following games.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, karipidis said:

I can think of 3 games he’s played at right back, the last 2 games and at murrayfield against Aberdeen, and all 3 games he’s been superb. Not sure how he is very limited or why he can’t be first choice right back. Been very impressed with him last 2 games. 

Mmm, I don't go overboard when we get beat and slag players off, likewise I don't think a couple of decent games make a player good.

He's decent in the air, strong and can tackle. 

His passing, distribution and crossing are poor, he's also very one dimensional. He's been good last two games defensively, its a start. IMO Brandon has shown much more composure on the ball, However I get CL starting from the basics on being defensively sound. Nothing wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Mmm, I don't go overboard when we get beat and slag players off, likewise I don't think a couple of decent games make a player good.

His passing, distribution and crossing are poor, he's also very one dimensional. He's been good last two games defensively, its a start. IMO Brandon has shown much more composure on the ball, However I get CL starting from the basics on being defensively sound. Nothing wrong with that.

I thought his distribution was excellent tonight. He was definitely more than just defensively solid. 

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Based on today and Saturday you can’t possibly claim his distribution is poor. I can understand based on his performances in midfield but not from right back where the game is totally different. Not exactly Callum Paterson but a good player who looks more than capable, and looks much better than Smith.

Composed performance and much improved from earlier this season.

If he keeps these performances up, then he is nailed on for right back.

5 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

His passing, distribution and crossing are poor, he's also very one dimensional.

Disagree with that ten fold mate

Stand out tonight.Top performance. Hopefully his confidence will keep on growing. Good to see the crowd get behind him. Makes all the difference. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Based on today and Saturday you can’t possibly claim his distribution is poor. I can understand based on his performances in midfield but not from right back where the game is totally different. Not exactly Callum Paterson but a good player who looks more than capable, and looks much better than Smith.

Time will tell.

He's played well last few games, Don't think he's the answer at RB, buthope he continues his form into the next few games.

Very good tonight. Benefited from having MacDonald in front of him. 

Dare i I say it, but we seem to be starting to click in certain areas of the team. 

On 10/12/2017 at 15:58, HamishMcGonagall said:

He didn't play badly but do you think his performance was worthy of a thread with folk saying he was great? 

Couldn't give anyone more than a 7/10 yesterday, with a few more on the 6 mark so for there to be a thread singling a player out as having a great game is a bit odd.  

Maybe just reflective of how badly we've been recently though that a performance like that gets you a thread on here.

Agreed! Suggesting he was great goes to show how crap we actually are! 

On 10/12/2017 at 17:05, mitch41 said:

Let's face it we should be getting rid of

Randall

Smith-Brown

Hughes

Bauben

Cowie

Nowak

Callachan

Martin

Stockton

Grzelak

Noring

and

Goncalves unless he can sort his head out which i don't believe he will do. He's so frustrating to watch.

Agree with all of that! What a fickle bunch we are 

1 minute ago, red said:

Fickle?

On 10/12/2017 at 11:11, Gigolo-Aunt said:

"Great"

:cornette:

M8 what were your opinions of his performance tonight? From your seat at the game... “great”

9 minutes ago, red said:

Summation of his performance tonight plz Red. :)

August Landmesser
49 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Good performance tonight.

Quite baffling as to why when he had such a good match against Aberdeen at right back why we never stuck with him there the following games.

Because we got massively fecked with injuries so everyone had to shuffle around to cover positions they weren't ideal in. 

Just now, wattie exploited said:

he has been great the last two games :wattie:  fantastic !

When has he been shite Wattie? Genuinely interested in your opinion.

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

When has he been shite Wattie? Genuinely interested in your opinion.

quite a few games he has played in he has been pants I just think his last two games he has been great 

1 minute ago, wattie exploited said:

quite a few games he has played in he has been pants I just think his last two games he has been great 

Sound. Just wondered which particular games he was shit in. I’ve not seen him have a shit game personally. I also don’t agree with others that he is a shit midfielder.

Archived