Safety Certificate

3 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

The new stand is being criticised: absolutely guaranteed that Ann will come out fighting. 

Another opportunity to criticise the fans, as well, so every cloud and all that.... 

Do you not think she should come out fighting?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

By the way whoever composed that letter must be as thick as shite.

Scottish cops hopeless at their jobs? I’m not having that. No way! :rofl:

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Do you not think she should come out fighting?

I think she should defend the club, players and fans at all times. Not just when the new stand is criticised. 

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Very poor lack of confidentiality at the Police or Council.

Anyway as I said, surely the less inflammatory way forward was to raise these issues with the Council and Hearts in top level discussions?

They probably did. It was probably already happening behind the scenes. Some sneaky bugger seems to have decided it 'needed' a public discussion too though and sent it out for sharing on social media.

3 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

This cannot be the first the club knew about these concerns, surely? 

Of the issues raised -

The Club was well aware of the situation with queues at the Wheatfield and have taken action to prevent a similar situation.

They were aware of the floodlight failure - It happens at all grounds FFS - believe faults have now been rectified.

They are aware of the faulty fire sensor in a kitchen - I believe that has now been rectified.

That leaves fans standing - something the police have allowed OF fans to do for years - so why the big beef now?

Also the location of the Directors seats - now that does need sorting.

Of the issues raised -

The Club was well aware of the situation with queues at the Wheatfield and have taken action to prevent a similar situation.

They were aware of the floodlight failure - It happens at all grounds FFS - believe faults have now been rectified.

They are aware of the faulty fire sensor in a kitchen - I believe that has now been rectified.

That leaves fans standing - something the police have allowed OF fans to do for years - so why the big beef now?

Cant help but feel if I was reading Levein making a similar sort of post about first team affairs, that you would be all over it like a rash tbh. :)

8 minutes ago, redm said:

Yep. Wouldn't want to get all finger pointy but out of those two organisations, I might feel fairly safe making assumptions about which it was. 

The one that sits on its arse most of the time doing nothing...

I just realised that doesn't narrow it down lol.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Of the issues raised -

Thanks for that. 

I find the issue of fans standing incredible, to be honest, as the majority of clubs have sections where supporters stand throughout the game. I dont get why it is an issue for us, but not others. 

56 minutes ago, SpikeDudley said:

so in total we have:

- no trackside gates (a minor temporary problem. As if it's hard to jump over and get onto the pitch anyway)

- directors' box location (minor issue)

- craig levein got sent to the stand (police issue? - wtf)

- ticket scanners in the wheatfield went on the blink (this has happened how many times ever, and was related to the new stand how exactly?)

- floodlight issues against Ross County (because no other ground has ever had a floodlight go out before)

- section N standing up (just like they have for the past umpteen seasons? - why is it suddenly a problem?)

- a fire alarm went off (so what)

- lighting problems

- no water in the toilets (again, police issue? - wtf)

So in summary, a bunch of non-issues

police scotland, wank wank wank

I might be being stupid here but how do any of them become police issues. Levein being sent to the stand?!does it actually say that? 

Surely that letter is not real. The points made are in the main things the Council may raise not the Police. Thats from an putting on large events in the past. Certainly the toilets having no water would be an issue the council would consider stopping an event for but not police.

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Cant help but feel if I was readin Levein making a similar sort of post about first team affairs, that you would be all over it like a rash tbh. :)

:sleep1::sleep1:

13 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

The new stand is being criticised: absolutely guaranteed that Ann will come out fighting. 

Another opportunity to criticise the fans, as well, so every cloud and all that.... 

You’re certainly consistent. ?

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I might be being stupid here but how do any of them become police issues. Levein being sent to the stand?!does it actually say that? 

Surely that letter is not real. The points made are in the main things the Council may raise not the Police. Thats from an putting on large events in the past. Certainly the toilets having no water would be an issue the council would consider stopping an event for but not police.

Anything that raises the possibility of crowd disorder/H&S is a legitimate police concern. In isolation, most of the listed items would just be raised as a matter of concern. Taken together, it's obvious they felt it had to be addressed formally.

5 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Thanks for that. 

I find the issue of fans standing incredible, to be honest, as the majority of clubs have sections where supporters stand throughout the game. I dont get why it is an issue for us, but not others. 

Approach an officer at the forthcoming hooped demon game and inquire about the standing in the Roseburn. A toffee apple to anyone who guesses the reply.

Just now, Boab said:

Approach an officer at the forthcoming hooped demon game and inquire about the standing in the Roseburn. A toffee apple to anyone guesses the reply.

Hibs always stand at Tynecastle, as well, dont they? 

Statement written by the Police like a bitter Hibs fan, there's always going to be teething problems with anything this is built.  They should be sitting down and discussing with Hearts their thoughts not going to the media to spread fear about people's safety

Sit down or risk losing seat warning to Norwich City fans

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-42265978

"This follows very strong complaints from season ticket holders in that area whose views of the game have been partially or wholly obstructed for long periods due to people persistently standing in front of them, ...

Norwich City said stewards who had asked fans to sit during matches had been "met with resistance and in some cases intolerable verbal abuse".

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

Approach an officer at the forthcoming hooped demon game and inquire about the standing in the Roseburn. A toffee apple to anyone who guesses the reply.

They can't tell them all to sit down with fear of trouble? Or similar.

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Not to mention the fact that they have allowed a full stand of Celtic fans standing without any complaint!!!!

Fans stand at every football ground in Scotland. There's about six thousand standing in the lower part of the Broomloan stand every game. The police are going to be really busy this weekend 

...a bit disco

Police in Edinburgh have raised concerns about the safety of Hearts’ new main stand at Tynecastle, just Police Scotland have written to Edinburgh City Council asking that the stand’s safety certificate is re-examined due to concerns over certain aspects of the structure.

It is understood that the concerns are mostly related to crowd safety and movement, with fears over the potential build-up of spectators in certain areas of the main stand. The stadium was re-opened following a ‘race against time’ to be granted a safety certificate. Builders worked through the night to ensure the stand was ready for the match against Partick Thistle on November 19. However, a letter sent to the council’s public safety department raised issues regarding the safety of the main stand, which has been in operation for the club’s last three matches. The police superintendent responsible for events in the city wrote in the letter: “At present, I have concerns over the public safety of patrons attending football matches at Tynecastle Park.” “Given the incidents in the previous three matches I now have significant concerns over the reliability of electrical systems within Tynecastle Park. “Electrical failings impact on public safety with evacuations and delayed kick-offs as evidenced in recent matches.”  Chief Superintendent Kenny MacDonald, divisional commander for Edinburgh, said: “Police Scotland plays an active role in the Safety Advisory Groups across Scotland, which have responsibility for event safety. “I can confirm that Edinburgh Division has written to the City of Edinburgh Council in relation to spectator safety at a football ground. “The safety of the public attending sporting events is paramount and there are robust processes in place by football clubs, the Police and the Local Authority and other partners to ensure safety is our number one priority. “We continue to work with all relevant partners to ensure that any future events are safe for the public to attend.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/police-question-safety-of-hearts-new-main-stand-1-4633521

7 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Police in Edinburgh have raised concerns about the safety of Hearts’ new main stand at Tynecastle, just Police Scotland have written to Edinburgh City Council asking that the stand’s safety certificate is re-examined due to concerns over certain aspects of the structure.

It is understood that the concerns are mostly related to crowd safety and movement, with fears over the potential build-up of spectators in certain areas of the main stand. The stadium was re-opened following a ‘race against time’ to be granted a safety certificate. Builders worked through the night to ensure the stand was ready for the match against Partick Thistle on November 19. However, a letter sent to the council’s public safety department raised issues regarding the safety of the main stand, which has been in operation for the club’s last three matches. The police superintendent responsible for events in the city wrote in the letter: “At present, I have concerns over the public safety of patrons attending football matches at Tynecastle Park.” “Given the incidents in the previous three matches I now have significant concerns over the reliability of electrical systems within Tynecastle Park. “Electrical failings impact on public safety with evacuations and delayed kick-offs as evidenced in recent matches.”  Chief Superintendent Kenny MacDonald, divisional commander for Edinburgh, said: “Police Scotland plays an active role in the Safety Advisory Groups across Scotland, which have responsibility for event safety. “I can confirm that Edinburgh Division has written to the City of Edinburgh Council in relation to spectator safety at a football ground. “The safety of the public attending sporting events is paramount and there are robust processes in place by football clubs, the Police and the Local Authority and other partners to ensure safety is our number one priority. “We continue to work with all relevant partners to ensure that any future events are safe for the public to attend.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/police-question-safety-of-hearts-new-main-stand-1-4633521

Wonder What Kenny MacDonald does when people complain about Celtic fans physically assaulting and robbing our teenage kiosk staff?

18 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Thanks for that. 

Because nobody likes us, which is the way i like it to be fair.

I sit in N and i will not be sitting, nor will anyone around me, stewards are wasting there time. 

15 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Anything that raises the possibility of crowd disorder/H&S is a legitimate police concern. In isolation, most of the listed items would just be raised as a matter of concern. Taken together, it's obvious they felt it had to be addressed formally.

They should add Bobby Madden to their stupid list in that case

Whilst accepting the Directors Box at Tynecastle Park situation is not "ideal", pray tell me a "secure" Directors Box anywhere in Scotland?!!

My most recent experience of being seated near a Directors Box is when The Rangers visited East End Park for a Division 1 League match**. A Pars fan sitting less than 5 seats away from the "away" Directors spent the whole match shouting/laughing at them "How much is he costing you every week?":laugh:

In truth the only "security" is a 3 foot high wooden dividing panel which could be scaled by anyone with an inclination to cause trouble or in the case at Hamilton match or as noted above, get close enough to shout abuse.

So in reality, the only issue at Tynecastle is the access/exit when fans outwith Directors Box are restricted for a short period of time.

With regards to the letter, what has happened to "confidentiality"? & I hope the source of leak is investigated as thorough as the details contained within it.

** Section Q Main (New & Old) ST Holder & slum it in "away" section well remote from Directors outwith Tynecastle:thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

I sit in N and i will not be sitting, nor will anyone around me, stewards are wasting there time. 

I thought the club's issue with N standing was that disabled supporters couldnt see the pitch, rather than safety concerns. And every other support do it, so for the police to pick us out is strange.

For what its worth, I do not believe the police dislike us to any great extent. 

1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Seeing as how the safety of people in football stadia is paramount to Police Scotland, can they offer us assurances that they will prevent our teenage kiosk staff being robbed and assaulted at the forthcoming Hearts v Celtic match? :unsure:

Of course not they have the safety of their officers to consider so they will be nowhere to be seen until well after the event.

11 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

You'll be sitting if our safety certificate is under threat trust me

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I thought the club's issue with N standing was that disabled supporters couldnt see the pitch, rather than safety concerns. And every other support do it, so for the police to pick us out is strange.

Disabled supporters have been moved more central 

After the Police Superintendent going formally into print regarding the safety risk of a few Hearts fans standing, it will be interesting to see the firm action he takes when the whole Celtic away support stand at the forthcoming match - well he cannot now ignore it can he?

stuartmitchell

In this day and age I'm quite surprised that "a letter" was written. Which makes me thing one of our wee green pals from the methodome is up to no good.

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

You'll be sitting if our safety certificate is under threat trust me

Nobody will be sitting in N if there is 3,500 scum standing in the roseburn 

CLUB STATEMENT

By: Hearts Media on 07 Dec, 2017 16:04

Heart of Midlothian Football Club can confirm that it was contacted by Edinburgh City Council with regards to a letter sent to them by Police Scotland.

The letter expressed some concerns regarding general security following a number of unrelated incidents at the first three games held at Tynecastle Park.

Following a satisfactory outcome to a meeting held today at the stadium, attended by all parties, the club is looking forward to welcoming Motherwell Football Club to Tynecastle Park this Saturday.

2 minutes ago, stuartmitchell said:

In this day and age I'm quite surprised that "a letter" was written. Which makes me thing one of our wee green pals from the methodome is up to no good.

It's already been confirmed as genuine

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

After the Police Superintendent going formally into print regarding the safety risk of a few Hearts fans standing, it will be interesting to see the firm action he takes when the whole Celtic away support stand at the forthcoming match - well he cannot now ignore it can he?

In theory he can't ignore it, but we know he would.

1 minute ago, Shug73 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

Heart of Midlothian Football Club can confirm that it was contacted by Edinburgh City Council with regards to a letter sent to them by Police Scotland.

The letter expressed some concerns regarding general security following a number of unrelated incidents at the first three games held at Tynecastle Park.

Following a satisfactory outcome to a meeting held today at the stadium, attended by all parties, the club is looking forward to welcoming Motherwell Football Club to Tynecastle Park this Saturday.

LOL  Nothing to see here people. Move along now :)

2 minutes ago, Shug73 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

Sorted then!

7 minutes ago, Shug73 said:

CLUB STATEMENT

Excellent, much ado about nothing. Next

2 minutes ago, Jocam2325 said:

Excellent, much ado about nothing. Next

Indeed a grand bit of shit stirring for the BBC, weegie press, and Hobbits to slaver over!

And there you go!  The risk to the public was so feckin great that it took a simple meeting between the Police, EDC and HMFC to sort it all out!

Not great PR for the club, though. A lot of people just read headlines (I have been ribbed about the "limited view" seats many times) rather than the entire story. 

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6382

Nothing to see hear.

The author of the original letter is probably looking for some advancement within the organisation given the fact there appear to be a few openings there. The letter will no doubt be used as a 250 word example for his next form. Bravo sir. Good for you. 

Not great PR for the club, though. A lot of people just read headlines (I have been ribbed about the "limited view" seats many times) rather than the entire story. 

The Club cannot control how these situations are dramatized!!  The BBC and weegie press will always run with the anti-Hearts Headline BB.

Even on Monday, Edinburgh based The Scotsman ran with a "Imrie says it was Hearts sour grapes" shit instead of Berra's comments that the referees decisions were ridiculous!

4 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Not great PR for the club, though. A lot of fuds just read headlines (I have been ribbed about the "limited view" seats many times) rather than the entire story. 

FTFY

Just now, Thomaso said:

The Club cannot control how these situations are dramatized!!  The BBC and weegie press will always run with the anti-Hearts Headline BB.

Even on Monday, Edinburgh based The Scotsman ran with a "Imrie says it was Hearts sour grapes" shit instead of Berra's comments that the referees decisions were ridiculous!

I agree! For once I wasnt criticising the club!! 

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And there you go!  The risk to the public was so feckin great that it took a simple meeting between the Police, EDC and HMFC to sort it all out!

It doesn't say in our release what concessions we had to make or what action we're being asked to take. I don't imagine they just had a cup of tea and Ms Budge raised her butt cheek and farted loudly in the general direction of the letter and they all had a jolly good laugh and decided it amounted to nothing.

2 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

It doesn't say in our release what concessions we had to make or what action we're being asked to take. I don't imagine they just had a cup of tea and Ms Budge raised her butt cheek and farted loudly in the general direction of the letter and they all had a jolly good laugh and decided it amounted to nothing.

I anticipate a step up from stewards to make us sit in N this weekend.

Good luck to them 

Archived