1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

You're wrong!

I've never been so pleased to be wrong, in that case! :laugh:

Good news. Thanks Thomaso.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been here before

I wonder if the John McNeil (sic) named in the letter as working in "Public Safety" spends much time having a laugh with the Senior Building Standard Surveyor called John McNeill who crops up on the Public Safety page of the Council website over the almost identical but different spelling of their surnames.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

We'll just have to go back to Murrayfield for the Derby and rake in more cash then...lol.

Don't worry things are sure to improve when we get back to Murrayfield. ;)

Bazzas right boot

Off topic but I done a prank on my in -laws.

Long story- short.

My mother-in-law crashed into a parked car, minor scratches, my then 11 year old son told us.

My father in law noticed the damage, his wife said someone must have hit them while parked- she lied.

A few weeks later I typed  up a letter from the police for failure to report a accident. Lots of inuendo 's and signed by a pc Kris Pakket...

Used an old police Scotland sign as well on the letter.

Well, the two of them went to the police station, two of them as my fake reference number wasn't coming up so the drove from one to another,

The fraud squad were concerned as it had Thier address and vehicle details.

Eventually when we knew I had to explain to the police, they weren't happy.

Unfortunately they never phoned us untill a day later so spent a day crying and harassing the police at two stations.

Nothing happened, but mines was obviously bull shit as it was written dripped in sarcasm bad jokes.

If that letter is a fake, someone will get sacked of they've done it from the inside.

31 minutes ago, D'Jambo said:

No, just phoned. I'm thinking of taking my daughter this weekend but don't want to be standing around in long queues and obviously her safety is my prime concern.

What's unsafe about standing in a queue? 

Has she never stood in a queue for anything in life?

Did you not see the statement from the club regarding the issues with the Gorgie Road End that was resolved and an explanation given?

The bigger issue is if you wrap her in so much cotton wool she might choke!

My inner skeptic was far from convinced with this, so I had a quick look around to see if this was indeed the sort of letter you could expect to receive from the Police.

At first glance, that's not the correct layout for a letter from Police Scotland.   

There would be a much bigger gap between "Keeping people safe" and the name of the person sending the letter.  This one just looks cluttered and badly put together on Word.  I'm not entirely sure how consistent the different letters are, but the date seems to be in the wrong format, as it does not give the day in writing (i.e. Monday, 4th December 2017).

The links to the website, Facebook and Twitter are also not centered on the paper on the bottom, an there also seems to be a little icon of a laptop which I couldn't find on other Police letters after a quick look online - usually, they just give the website, with only Twitter and Facebook having icons.

The general language used does not sound very official - in fact, it sounds like someone trying to be official.

The thing that probably gives it away as fake, is the fact that the bit that says "Our reference" is blank.  Any letter from the Police would have a reference number at the top of the page, so the fact that they couldn't even bother to randomly come up with a 5 or 6 digit number speaks volumes - probably in case anyone decided to look it up and immediately could confirm it was fake.

1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Don't worry things are sure to improve when we get back to Murrayfield. ;)

:naughty:

Just now, Armageddon said:

Did you not see the statement from the club regarding the issues with the Gorgie Road End that was resolved and an explanation given?

Was he not being sarcastic?

3 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

Off topic but I done a prank on my in -laws.

Long story- short.

My mother-in-law crashed into a parked car, minor scratches, my then 11 year old son told us.

My father in law noticed the damage, his wife said someone must have hit them while parked- she lied.

A few weeks later I typed  up a letter from the police for failure to report a accident. Lots of inuendo's and signed by a pc Kris Pallet...

Used an old police Scotland sign as well on the letter.

Well, the two of them went to the police station, two of them as my fake reference number wasn't coming up so the drove from one to another,

The fraud squad were concerned as it had Thier address and vehicle details.

Eventually when we knew I had to explain to the police, they weren't happy.

Unfortunately they never phoned us untill a day later so spent a day crying and harassing the police at two stations.

Nothing happened, but mines was obviously bull shit as it was written dripped in sarcasm bad jokes.

If that letter is a fake, someone will get sacked of they've done it from the inside.

Could this be your Mother in Law try to get revenge??!!

2 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I think he was jesting mate.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Armageddon said:

Could this be your Mother in Law try to get revenge??!!

Nah, she'd never go that far.

Far easy just to suspend baby sitter duties.

5 minutes ago, Ryder said:

This from fans of a club who had rodent excrement in their pies. :rofl:

Did Rat boy make them ? :whistling:

5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

OH FFS... this is why I very very rarely post on this site.

So many people eager to ridicule or point fault at other posters, even to the point of bringing other poster parenting style into question. You couldn't make it up.

How many kids have you got?

Just now, jambokev said:

Did Rat boy make them ? :whistling:

Probably. He’s been toiling for a job these last ten years.

2 minutes ago, D'Jambo said:

OH FFS... this is why I very very rarely post on this site.

So many people eager to ridicule or point fault at other posters, even to the point of bringing other poster parenting style into question. You couldn't make it up.

How many kids have you got?

When you do post, please credit those who pointed out your sarcasm first (for the avoidance of doubt this is also sarcasm)

11 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Was he not being sarcastic?

Just now, Dalstonjambo said:

When you do post, please credit those who pointed out your sarcasm first (for the avoidance of doubt this is also sarcasm)

Yes... sure it was (also sarcasm)

I'm not sure. Bloke I spoke to said he wasn't aware of any letter.

Considering he answered the Supernintendo's phone, you'd think he'd be in the loop.

I call bogus.

Its a skoosh to have a signature scanned in to word which can then be attached to letters without issue.

This one doesnt. (and ive never seen a police letter in recent time that doesnt)

No way, regardless of content or quality of the writing, would this type of letter be sent without the signature.

Good effort though. One of the better fakes. (fingers crossed - lol)

2 minutes ago, poggs said:

I call bogus.

Its a skoosh to have a signature scanned in to word which can then be attached to letters without issue.

This one doesnt. (and ive never seen a police letter in recent time that doesnt)

No way, regardless of content or quality of the writing, would this type of letter be sent without the signature.

Good effort though. One of the better fakes. (fingers crossed - lol)

I'm leaning that way too. No references or signature. 

Could it be a draft that is still to be approved?

53 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Another thread of shite. 

Apologies. Didn't decipher the letter on FB as I assumed that no one would ever be stupid enough to forge a letter headed with Police Scotland.

17 minutes ago, D'Jambo said:

I'm not sure. Bloke I spoke to said he wasn't aware of any letter.

Considering he answered the Supernintendo's phone, you'd think he'd be in the loop.

Surprised you didn't email it to him mate - you have the address.

Footballfirst

While everyone is right to question the provenance of the letter, isn't there some truth to the observations made in it.

We know a number of the incidents described in the letter happened. Indeed the club responded to the causes of the queuing before the first game back at Tynecastle. Concerns have been expressed on JKB about the directors' entry/exit, people standing up in the front sections. We know that there were floodlight failures and fire alarms going off.

If I was involved in checking safety arrangements following the opening of the new stand, then I would be questioning the club about the issues, albeit in private.  I would expect that the Match Commander would also relay any issues and concerns encountered before, during, or after a game to be communicated to the club for action or comment. 

Some of the problems could reasonably be described as snagging issues, but they do still need to be resolved. One would hope that the club is indeed prioritising and fixing these problems as and when they are identified.

Bazzas right boot

The club is solving the queue problems already according to some on here. 

Flood lights and fire alarms were a ploy to get the game abandoned and take the 3-0 defeat, aiding the goal of relegation.

Playing shite football, appointing CL and signing players that are shite is a ploy to lose games and get us relegated. This will result in less fans- Nae Q's.

The club is on it. Don't worry.

16 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Surprised you didn't email it to him mate - you have the address.

No need. I told him it's on FB, he should be able to find it himself, or pass it to a proper detective :P

6 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The club is solving the queue problems already according to some on here. 

I thought the queue problems were just folk taking a look at the new stand and arriving late.  Or were you talking shite?

CavySlaveJambo

Queueing for the Wheatfield was really bad last season, and I am talking about more that doubling back on itself, so  why is that an issue being raised now. 

5 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

I thought the queue problems were just folk taking a look at the new stand and arriving late.  Or were you talking shite?

Caused by a numpty security supervisor refusing to let Wheatfield/Roseburm ST holders enter at the Gorgie turnstiles - it won't happen again as confirmed by the Club.

So I assume some journo has seen this thread or the facebook posts.  They are very good at that kind of thing these modern day journos

...a bit disco

Tbf, Jamie Borthwick is a Kickbacker and Jambo.

August Landmesser

This will end up with HMFC addressing the safety concerns, and then a safety certificate being issued.

2 minutes ago, Tynie-Tempah said:

So I assume some journo has seen this thread or the facebook posts.  They are very good at that kind of thing these modern day journos

True but this from the article suggests otherwise

Chief Superintendent Kenny MacDonald, divisional commander for Edinburgh, told STV: "Police Scotland plays an active role in the safety advisory groups across Scotland, which have responsibility for event safety. 

"I can confirm that Edinburgh Division has written to the City of Edinburgh Council in relation to spectator safety at a football ground. 

"The safety of the public attending sporting events is paramount and there are robust processes in place by football clubs, the police and the local authority and other partners to ensure safety is our number one priority. 

"We continue to work with all relevant partners to ensure that any future events are safe for the public to attend."

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Talking shite.

No one from the Gorgie or wheatfield walked across To see the new stand on opening day before walking around to Thier own stand. No one.

1 minute ago, stuthejambo said:

True but this from the article suggests otherwise

Chief Superintendent Kenny MacDonald, divisional commander for Edinburgh, told STV: "Police Scotland plays an active role in the safety advisory groups across Scotland, which have responsibility for event safety. 

"I can confirm that Edinburgh Division has written to the City of Edinburgh Council in relation to spectator safety at a football ground. 

"The safety of the public attending sporting events is paramount and there are robust processes in place by football clubs, the police and the local authority and other partners to ensure safety is our number one priority. 

"We continue to work with all relevant partners to ensure that any future events are safe for the public to attend."

I probably should have read further then haha but my overall feeling whether true, fake or otherwise is nothing will come of it tbh.

So it is real

Fair enough. Hopefully club gets it sorted - aside from the lighting last week when leaving in the new stand I haven’t felt in danger or at risk

Archived