Go on Russia....sort out Lharsson and his mates

Therapist

Complete nonsense. It's no different to the rivalry between Aberdeen and Rangers or West Ham and Manchester United.

Oh and Celtic fans do despise us. I come in to contact with Tims occasionally through work and one more than once have been told that they actually hate us more than Rangers ( these were Tims who also went to away games ) as they knew where they stood with Rangers but considered us to be pure evil and visiting Tynecastle was as dangerous as it got for them.

Shaun is a strange man at times. I think that he should stick to Norwich City.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MacDonald Jardine
Complete nonsense. It's no different to the rivalry between Aberdeen and Rangers or West Ham and Manchester United.

Oh and Celtic fans do despise us. I come in to contact with Tims occasionally through work and one more than once have been told that they actually hate us more than Rangers ( these were Tims who also went to away games ) as they knew where they stood with Rangers but considered us to be pure evil and visiting Tynecastle was as dangerous as it got for them.

But that's only because of the mini hun element.

If we got rid of them everything would be fine and Celtic would see us as thoroughly decent chaps.

And that's the main thing.

But that's only because of the mini hun element.

If we got rid of them everything would be fine and Celtic would see us as thoroughly decent chaps.

That's a very good point. I think that we should ban them all and be friends with Celtic. :)

Must admit to liking Larsson. Great footballer, not one to wind up the opposing fans

Not many footballers will beat him for playing in major championships

coppercrutch
But that's only because of the mini hun element.If we got rid of them everything would be fine and Celtic would see us as thoroughly decent chaps.

That may be true. But let's not forget one thing. There is clearly a "Mini Tim" element within the our support too.

Clearly not as large as the "Mini Huns". But present nonetheless.

It is getting boring with the usual witch hunt against the 'Mini Hun'. How about we go after the "Mini Tims" for a change.

Equal rights and all. Don't want it to look like we favour one side over the other now do we.

:)

That may be true. But let's not forget one thing. There is clearly a "Mini Tim" element within the our support too.

It is getting boring with the usual witch hunt against the 'Mini Hun'. How about we go after the "Mini Tims" for a change.

Equal rights and all. Don't want it to look like we favour one side over the other now do we.

Or how about we all just stick to being Jambo's?

Guest S.U.S.S.
Celtic aren't our rivals. Hibs are. Celtic are only our rivals if a mosquito colliding with an elephant can also be said to be a 'rival' - think that scene from Casablanca:

Ugarte: You despise me, don't you?

Rick: Well, if I gave you any thought, I probably would.

The OP is, of course, on the windup, and has proved spectacularly successful in the process. But I'd politely ask you in return: why is it a crime on here to hate Rangers, and wish destruction upon their entire organisation?

Its not, well it shouldn't be, id be happy if both institutions ended tomorrow, Celtic first of course:). Some hate Rangers more than Celtic, for me its the other way round, too many trips to Darkhead spoiled by their fans for me. too many on here seem to think its fashionable to hate rangers rather than have any substance to their dislike.

I suppose they are trying to ingratiate themselves with the Hand Wringers. For me being honest to myself however that comes across is more desirable than toeing the party line to be accepted by some right on internet warriors on here.

shaun.lawson
Its not, well it shouldn't be, id be happy if both institutions ended tomorrow, Celtic first of course:). Some hate Rangers more than Celtic, for me its the other way round, too many trips to Darkhead spoiled by their fans for me. too many on here seem to think its fashionable to hate rangers rather than have any substance to their dislike.

I suppose they are trying to ingratiate themselves with the Hand Wringers. For me being honest to myself however that comes across is more desirable than toeing the party line to be accepted by some right on internet warriors on here.

Fair enough. We all have our personal prejudices, of course - though I'd suggest that most of those who hate Rangers more simply do so because of this entirely human trait, rather than pursuing any kind of political agenda. Though it's obviously more likely (but certainly doesn't apply across the board) that if you're left wing, you'll probably hate Rangers more; and if you're right wing, you'll probably hate Celtic more.

shaun.lawson
Shaun is a strange man at times. I think that he should stick to Norwich City.

To be perfectly honest, I actually think Hearts have finally nudged past Norwich in my affections over recent months. Fans like you, Makween, have made all the difference. This is despite the fact that we presently appear more rudderless and shambolic than ever - and that if either Failanov or Ziggy Faxanauskas get the gig, I'll be calling for boycotts, protests, and a Romanov Out campaign to finally get underway.

Conclusion? You're quite right. I can indeed be a strange man. :)

shaun.lawson
I genuinely can't belive I am saying this but ever since Roy Keane, Larson and Martin O'Niel left C**** I genuinely don't mind them now

Infact I actually quite like em

here here

I utterly despise even the thought of them

infact a big shudder just went down my spine thinking of that

FTC

Um, I know how mental Romanov's been driving you lately, i8 - but it must be bad if he's turned you schizo as well! :confused:

shaun.lawson

Actually, you might argue that if visiting Tynie really is more dangerous than a trip to Ibrox for Celtic fans, it bears out what I said. Ever heard of the lady who protested too much? It's as though we're trying to demonstrate how serious our Celtic-hating credentials are in some odd way. I'm meeting up with my best friend and her Celtic-supporting boyfriend later, and I'll ask him what he thinks: he's a very decent guy who despises the sectarianism and baggage that goes hand in hand with the OF, so I'm curious as to who he holds in lower regard, us or Rangers.

MacDonald Jardine

Whoosh.

Ron Burgundy
To be perfectly honest, I actually think Hearts have finally nudged past Norwich in my affections over recent months. Fans like you, Makween, have made all the difference. This is despite the fact that we presently appear more rudderless and shambolic than ever - and that if either Failanov or Ziggy Faxanauskas get the gig, I'll be calling for boycotts, protests, and a Romanov Out campaign to finally get underway.

Conclusion? You're quite right. I can indeed be a strange man. :)

Coming from a guy who has stated that one of his all time favourite Hearts players was Tomaschek and also how he got no satisfaction from beating Hibs 4 nil in the big semi or winning the cup afterwards I take it you don't give a sook for Norwich.

In fact you actually said you felt sorry for Hibs following their 4 nil humiliation.

You are indeed a conundrum.:107years:

Its not, well it shouldn't be, id be happy if both institutions ended tomorrow, Celtic first of course:).

Why would you be happy if that happened. Surely football is all about competition and rivalry, that is what makes it more interesting and brings out the passion. How boring would it be if we never played Hibs or Celtic again?

Our Derby games would be against Livingston or Dunfermline. Oh the fun we could have singing get into these "West Lothian closet weegies" or " We all agree all Fifers are ******s". Every game would be sold out.

We need to play against the Hibs and Celtic to keep our interest and passion alive. We may not like them, but to get rid of them is just daft. :wacko:

coppercrutch
Or how about we all just stick to being Jambo's?

Of course.

But let's not get rid of one of the best bits of football. The hatred of other teams. Once that goes football has truly gone all Prawn Sandwich.

PS - I do actually love Prawns. :P

Guest S.U.S.S.
Why would you be happy if that happened. Surely football is all about competition and rivalry, that is what makes it more interesting and brings out the passion. How boring would it be if we never played Hibs or Celtic again?

Our Derby games would be against Livingston or Dunfermline. Oh the fun we could have singing get into these "West Lothian closet weegies" or " We all agree all Fifers are ******s". Every game would be sold out.

We need to play against the Hibs and Celtic to keep our interest and passion alive. We may not like them, but to get rid of them is just daft. :wacko:

Sorry Deek, i was referring to the vile Glasgow teams, they offer nothing to Scottish football and after a few years finding our feet i think out league would be better off without them. More competition for cups and the league would see fans return.

I agree re Hibs, dont want them shut down, as its too much fun spanking the **** out of them over other season.

PresidentRomanov
Coming from a guy who has stated that one of his all time favourite Hearts players was Tomaschek and also how he got no satisfaction from beating Hibs 4 nil in the big semi or winning the cup afterwards I take it you don't give a sook for Norwich.

In fact you actually said you felt sorry for Hibs following their 4 nil humiliation.

Didn't know that, but It backs up everything I've ever said about him.

He's as much a Hearts supporter, as Therapist is a Hibby :confused:

Guest S.U.S.S.
I genuinely can't belive I am saying this but ever since Roy Keane, Larson and Martin O'Niel left C**** I genuinely don't mind them now

Infact I actually quite like em

Oh your so cultured I8, you really are a fan of the beautiful game, you support teams they way people should.

You may fool some on here, you wont fool the rest of us, we know you. Please stop trying to ingratiate yourself with the Mini Tim PC hand wringers on here, they know you dont mean it, we all know you dont mean it. In the morning you will know you didnt and dont mean it.

FTCF

What a load of nonsense.

There are people who get heated when condemming the idiots on here who play up to the "mini-hun" stereotype as it reflects badly on all Hearts fans but there are definitely no posters on here who could be realistically described as "mini-tims". I challenge you to name one and support the accusation.

I think the best part of these threads is how everyone tip toes around what they are saying as if getting pulled up for some debating fallacy on a football message board will be the end of the world.

Therapist is a pretty smart guy. He knows how to word things so he can always defend what he says.

Everyone with half a brain knows however that he is either a "Rangers sympathiser" or a Hearts fan who gets his kicks winding others up on the internet. I'm 100% certain it's the latter.

I'm not really sure what is more pathetic.

Want evidence?

Go back to the numerous instances where he was supporting Rangers in their UEFA cup exploits. His reasoning?

For the "co-efficient" - followed by a ;)

Whatever could be the reason for that smilie?

Want evidence?

Go back to the numerous instances where he was supporting Rangers in their UEFA cup exploits. His reasoning?

For the "co-efficient" - followed by a ;)

Whatever could be the reason for that smilie?

Conspiracy theory of the year.

Hands down.

Have to disagree with you there Copper.

I've never read any post on here from anyone that would deserve the term "mini-tim" being applied to the poster. There are plenty of fans on here who hold similar views to the ned / bigot element of the hun support and have posted these views on the forum. You should see the number of people that the mods have banned for posting sectarian content. We all know we have an element of our support that behave like Rangers fans, take the same, em......things

to games and sing the same songs as Rangers fans but i've never heard any Hearts fan sing Celtic songs or seen any Hearts fan take the same things to games that some Celtic fans do.

I've never seen anyone siding with Celtic fans with their pro-terrorist, Irish wannabe, everyone is against Celtic and refs are all masons obsessions either.

To suggest that any part of our support are "mini-tims" is absurd. I'd say there is a small number of Hibs fans who might fit the profile, but Hearts fans?

No chance.

shaun.lawson

Good lord. Are you stalking me, or something? So nice to be appreciated...

I care very deeply about Norwich City, thank you very much - just as I do about Heart of Midlothian. All I'm guilty of is an unusual stance based on my own personal background, and profound dislike of tribalism and/or hate. Tomaschek made a big difference to one of my favourite Hearts sides: the Niemi/Cameron/Jackson/McSwegan vintage of 99/0, and I generally felt he was the invisible cog which made the wheel turn.

As for the semi-final: yes, I did feel sorry for Hibs. I was pleased to beat them, but no more than that. I didn't indulge in any boasting about how we'd 'humiliated' them, or rub their noses in what was then the confirmation of 105 years. Why? Because frankly, I fail to see how one club operating on double the budget of the other, with a few injuries and living way outside its natural means hammering another club with half its budget and more injuries living within its means constitutes a humiliation at all.

Over in the other place, someone asked me if I felt winning the Cup in 2006 was worth it given all that's followed. He thought, had the roles been reversed, it would've been - but in my view, on reflection, it was not. Had we been operating as a normal football club, or had Burley still been in charge, I'm certain I'd feel differently; but as it was, the long, demoralising process to where we find ourselves now was already well underway, and all winning the Cup did was further empower Romanov in all the nonsense which followed.

As I see it, and I stress this is only a personal view, the club was already starting to be taken away from us - and I think it'd be pretty hypocritical to support VR's methods, plunging us ever further into debt, just because they helped win us a piece of silverware, only to cry foul when the inevitable happened and his luck ran out over the following two years (complete with plenty more debt too).

In no way do I expect any Hearts fan anywhere to agree with this analysis. As I said, it's purely personal: my capacity to emotionally detach from various situations worries even me at times, but it's just part of who I am, and I'm certainly not about to apologise for it. More generally, I find it weird how we're all apparently expected to react in the same way to key events as fans: actually, we're all individuals, and are bound to have differing perspectives on the experiences we share together. The above is merely mine - just as my desire to form bonds of friendship and dialogue with rival supporters, and talk, write about and watch all aspects of the beautiful game with friend and foe alike is mine too. Does it make me any less of a Jambo? Does it bogroll.

shaun.lawson

I've never read any post on here from anyone that would deserve the term "mini-tim" being applied to the poster. There are plenty of fans on here who hold similar views to the ned / bigot element of the hun support and have posted these views on the forum. You should see the number of people that the mods have banned for posting sectarian content. We all know we have an element of our support that behave like Rangers fans, take the same, em......things

to games and sing the same songs as Rangers fans but i've never heard any Hearts fan sing Celtic songs or seen any Hearts fan take the same things to games that some Celtic fans do.

I've never seen anyone siding with Celtic fans with their pro-terrorist, Irish wannabe, everyone is against Celtic and refs are all masons obsessions either.

To suggest that any part of our support are "mini-tims" is absurd. I'd say there is a small number of Hibs fans who might fit the profile, but Hearts fans?

No chance.

:clap: Brilliant post.

shaun.lawson
Didn't know that, but It backs up everything I've ever said about him.

He's as much a Hearts supporter, as Therapist is a Hibby :confused:

Well, absolutely. ;)

Commander Harris

I've never read any post on here from anyone that would deserve the term "mini-tim" being applied to the poster. There are plenty of fans on here who hold similar views to the ned / bigot element of the hun support and have posted these views on the forum. You should see the number of people that the mods have banned for posting sectarian content.

does that make them Rangers sympathisers or Rangers supporters?

We all know we have an element of our support that behave like Rangers fans, take the same, em......things

to games and sing the same songs as Rangers fans but I've never heard any Hearts fan sing Celtic songs or seen any Hearts fan take the same things to games that some Celtic fans do.

are they behaving like Rangers fans or are they behaving in the same way as [some] Rangers fans? There is a subtle difference.

It comes up again in the wording of your statement about songs; "...sing the same songs as Rangers fans" - not "sing Rangers songs". You say you've never heard any Hearts fan sing Celtic songs, Have you ever heard any Hearts fan sing Rangers songs? I haven't.

No chance.

for someone to suggest any part of our support are "mini-tims" may well be absurd, but I'd argue that "mini-huns" is just as inaccurate. These Hearts supporters might have more in common with Rangers fans than they do with Celtic fans but that doesn't make them Rangers fans.

are they behaving like Rangers fans or are they behaving in the same way as [some] Rangers fans? There is a subtle difference.

It comes up again in the wording of your statement about songs; "...sing the same songs as Rangers fans" - not "sing Rangers songs". You say you've never heard any Hearts fan sing Celtic songs, Have you ever heard any Hearts fan sing Rangers songs? I haven't.

for someone to suggest any part of our support are "mini-tims" may well be absurd, but I'd argue that "mini-huns" is just as inaccurate. These Hearts supporters might have more in common with Rangers fans than they do with Celtic fans but that doesn't make them Rangers fans.

They may not be Rangers fans but some posters love playing up to the 'mini-hun' tag, of that there is no doubt whatsoever.

Don't think I ever said they were Rangers fans. They are clearly not. They do behave in the same way as the sizeable ned / bigot element of the Rangers support though. Like I said, i've never seen or heard any Hearts fan behave like the ned / bigot element of the Celtic support and I doubt I ever will.

My point is that we obviously have some Hearts supporters who share similarities with the slime that follow follows Rangers wheras we have no supporter that I have ever seen that shares similarities with the slime that supports Celtic.

The term mini-tim seems to be aimed at people who disagree with those labelled mini-huns. There is no justification for it other than they disagree with people who feel annoyed about being labelled Huns. I also read on here from some posters that the Celtic support are the most bigotted and disgusting support in football. However, SUSS used the term "Mini Tim PC hand wringers". What's PC about Celtic fans and their behaviour? Nothing i've ever seen.

For the record, I avoid calling other posters Huns or Tims or anything else. It's pretty boring and does not make good reading. I can understand why some on here have been called mini-huns though but there is no case for ever calling anyone on here a mini-tim.

Guest JamboRobbo
They may not be Rangers fans but some posters love playing up to the 'mini-hun' tag, of that there is no doubt whatsoever.

Indeed. There is no doubt. Those that try to defend them do themselves little credit.

Conspiracy theory of the year.

Hands down.

He followed up every single similiar post with the same "smilie" Eck.

He knows exactly what he is doing.

People perceive his support for Rangers as something more sinister due to his reputation so he's saying

"it's only for the good of the co-effiecient I support them......or is it".

You can deny it all you want. I know plenty of reasonable, intelligent posters will disagree.

Commander Harris
Don't think I ever said they were Rangers fans. They are clearly not. They do behave in the same way as the sizeable ned / bigot element of the Rangers support though. Like I said, i've never seen or heard any Hearts fan behave like the ned / bigot element of the Celtic support and I doubt I ever will.

My point is that we obviously have some Hearts supporters who share similarities with the slime that follow follows Rangers wheras we have no supporter that I have ever seen that shares similarities with the slime that supports Celtic.

The term mini-tim seems to be aimed at people who disagree with those labelled mini-huns. There is no justification for it other than they disagree with people who feel annoyed about being labelled Huns. I also read on here from some posters that the Celtic support are the most bigotted and disgusting support in football. However, SUSS used the term "Mini Tim PC hand wringers". What's PC about Celtic fans and their behaviour? Nothing i've ever seen.

For the record, I avoid calling other posters Huns or Tims or anything else. It's pretty boring and does not make good reading. I can understand why some on here have been called mini-huns though but there is no case for ever calling anyone on here a mini-tim.

that wasn't necessarily aimed at you, and I'm not disputing anything you say about the use of "mini-tim", my post was more about the general use of the word "mini-hun" to describe some people within our support. Doesn't the term "mini-hun" imply some kind of support for Rangers? I had always been assured on this board that "hun" was just an innocent term for a Rangers supporter, surely if someone is being called a "mini-hun" this is suggesting an allegiance to Rangers? Or is it something more sinister than that after all?

He followed up every single similiar post with the same "smilie" Eck.

He knows exactly what he is doing.

People perceive his support for Rangers as something more sinister due to his reputation so he's saying

"it's only for the good of the co-effiecient I support them......or is it".

You can deny it all you want. I know plenty of reasonable, intelligent posters will disagree.

Judging someone's personality by an emoticon.

If only Freud had thought of that.

Actually, how about anyone who does any sort of 'favouring' to either of the OF just gets blootered right off the board?! How's that for equal rights.

People might claim they start these type of threads for a laugh, fishing or whatever but really the main aim is to stir up a sectarian debate.

Anyone claiming otherwise is a bare faced liar.

:rolleyes::wacko::eek::cool::P:):sad::biggrin::mad::D

You clearly have a deep rooted fear of flying.

Also, your father; Did he drink?

Actually, how about anyone who does any sort of 'favouring' to either of the OF just gets blootered right off the board?! How's that for equal rights.

:stupid_post:

Free speech is alive and well in Samster's world. :rolleyes:

And how exactly does one determine "favouring"? :confused:

Commenting positively on a media/press story about [insert OF club]?

Commenting positively on [insert OF club]'s performance(s)?

Saying one was happy that [insert OF club] beat [insert OF club]?

Saying one hopes that [insert OF club] beats one of their European opponents?

Saying [insert player] who plays for [insert OF club] is very good.

Your suggestion is as stupid as it is ill-conceived and unworkable, and I humbly suggest you get a grip. ;)

Regrading my use of smilies in connection with the coefficient, this was intended to be ironic. None of the dingbats who cite the coefficient as one of the reasons why they want a result to turn out in a particular way actually understand how it workd. It was not an indication that I support Rangers FC. I trust this clarifies matters to the questioner's satisfaction. :dribble: But if it doesn't....tough. :)

Commander Harris
You clearly have a deep rooted fear of flying.

Also, your father; Did he drink?

wow, this system is amazing! :D

oh, wait a minute... I've no fear of flying and my father is tea-total. :confused:

wow, this system is amazing! :D

oh, wait a minute... I've no fear of flying and my father is tea-total. :confused:

These smilies show a fear of dying alone.

Also, did you have any imaginary friends?

Personally I'd only use smilies in an absolute emergency, as the Right On Brigade may interpret them to mean you're a mini-hun. :confused::dribble:

Commander Harris

Also, did you have any imaginary friends?

strictly speaking no, as you used the past tense! :wacko:

Personally I'd only use smilies in an absolute emergency, as the Right On Brigade may interpret them to mean you're a mini-hun. :confused::dribble:

Those wee faces show an affinity with Kilmarnock.

haha! superb. :biggrin:

coppercrutch

My post got an interesting reaction. So it is absurd to think there are mini tims on this board.....

I love the poster who asked me for evidence to point out who these people are.

Funny there doesn't seem to be any similar requirement for evidence when calling someone a mini hun.....

Conclusion as expected:

Call someone a Min Hun - No problem.

Call someone a Mini Tim - No danger.

Thanks for taking part in this experiment. Worked just as expected.

PresidentRomanov

I thought they'd rumbled you were a Hibby :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I thought they'd rumbled you were a Hibby :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

They're a bit confused and just make it up as they go along. Their focus is to find something that has some offensive potential, and only then do they work out which right-on topic it goes against. Or, in plain English, they don't know their arse from their elbow. :)

Guest JamboRobbo
:stupid_post:

Free speech is alive and well in Samster's world. :rolleyes:

And how exactly does one determine "favouring"? :confused:

I'd go for posting about nothing but Rangers/Celtic/Chelsea/England.

That'd do quite well and would rid us of the worst offenders.

I'd go for posting about nothing but Rangers/Celtic/Chelsea/England.

That'd do quite well and would rid us of the worst offenders.

You're rambling as usual. :sad:

Your response has no connection with the original laughable point made by Samster. No wonder you have over 17000 posts if you constantly post the first jumble of words that spring into your head. :o

Guest JamboRobbo
You're rambling as usual. :sad:

Your response has no connection with the original laughable point made by Samster. No wonder you have over 17000 posts if you constantly post the first jumble of words that spring into your head. :o

:hobofish::hobofish:

At least most of what I post concerns Hearts, as opposed to Rangers/Celtic/England etc etc.

Everyone on here sees right through you're little game, so don't go thinking otherwise.

My post got an interesting reaction. So it is absurd to think there are mini tims on this board.....

I love the poster who asked me for evidence to point out who these people are.

Funny there doesn't seem to be any similar requirement for evidence when calling someone a mini hun.....

Conclusion as expected:

Call someone a Min Hun - No problem.

Call someone a Mini Tim - No danger.

Thanks for taking part in this experiment. Worked just as expected.

It's pretty poor labelling anyone as either of those things. Despite what anyone is labelled, we are all Hearts fans after all.

It's also boring in th extreme. Major snorecore.

coppercrutch

Personally speaking I comment on these sort of threads because I find them interesting. It is intriguing to see different viewpoints on certain matters.

Many times when I open other threads people have already posted what I was going to say so I don't feel the need:

For example a thread titled "Is Clum rank?".

There is no need for me even to view that thread as I am certain my view will have been already stated.

Or another thread such as "Is Neilson a **** footballer ?"

Again there is no need for me even to view that thread as I am certain my view will have been already stated.

Threads about mini huns, the OF, SFA bias, team selection, managers, the media, the economy, Vlad, the stadium, player ratings etc.... all interest me. There may be some decnt ponts and debate on those threads. A lot of the other threads are just filled with ****.

Anyway that is just me, anyone else in the same boat ?

Archived