Levein stay or go? ( merged superthread )

mscjambo

Time up for Levein?   

856 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Levein to go?

• YES - He should be sacked.
    • YES - He should resign.
    • NO - He needs more time to turn things round.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

No middle in a back four? ?

If you can't work out my point then just forget it instead of trying to be smart.

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Escobar PHM

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

If you can't work out my point then just forget it instead of trying to be smart.

I already have. ?

He has turned it around. Fantastic stuff. He can be the manager for the next 20 years if he gets us top 4 and keeps us improving while we continue to produce youngsters.

Then I'd happily chip in for a statue. 

2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Those that have will have new identities by now but some of the other haters should be feeling a bit silly now. The desperation to have him emptied after the first round of fixtures casts a shadow on them. 

I never had any doubts and hopefully today vindicates that view. Only a complete doubting Thomas would be that blinkered to miss that last season was about steadying the ship. They really did make a big show of themselves not thinking about the big picture.

I thought that we have set up really well this season without resorting to all out attack. Lee has been an inspired signing and the way he pulls the strings in midfield reminds me of a young Scifo of Anderlecht and Soapy could easily turn into the most assured defender since Pasquale Bruno.

Beats me why any PHM would have such a grudge against the legend in the dugout but all good Gambos should get behind him now and admit they got it wrong.  If we keep playing this way the Levein factor will see the sold out signs up every week and the Spencer's will be throwing money at us.

Some particularly venomous posters from the first page of the thread are affy quiet.

4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I have criticised CL lots on here just as I have criticised other coaches/managers but I have also said I would give credit where credit is due and he has to be given that for our start to the season.

I was one of those questioning why Haring was being played in midfield but I have to say the guy has been immense in the last three games particularly.

The one slight negative for me today was when Mulraney was taken off after his knock we kind of lost our shape a bit because CL shuffled his midfield about too much for me.

We really need to sign a Centre Back to now that Berra is going to be out for some time as Hughes is not the answer. He can't be starting games and playing the full 90 minutes and I don't really think we have any young guys coming through who are good enough yet. Baur is a big lad but he is not the answer.

But anyway well done Craig Levein and his signings especially Haring and Ikpeazu.

:thumbsup:

i wish jj was my dad
18 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

I'm having a gin watching Some Mothers do have em.

Got the second one :leveinnaturalorder: but I can't believe I missed the first Hibs prick.

:jj_facepalm:

No matter

:clyay::robbo::greggy:

FTH

Well done Craig Levein.

I had a go at him after our inept display at Easter Road in March but he has turned it around fantastically.

In his 11 months in charge he has two wins over Celtic, two over Hibs and one over Aberdeen.

Not to mention he f*****g hates Hibs and Celtic too.

Top man.

30 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Some particularly venomous posters from the first page of the thread are affy quiet.

Can you not just enjoy a great result rather than have a dig at fellow jambos?  Thankfully levein is proving people like me wrong. Fans weren't being reactionary, they were pissed if with two years of dire football.  A great result and you'd rather slap down fellow fans who are enjoying the result as well.  Bumping this thread in a day like today is pretty sad  do you think some fans are unhappy that we won?   

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I don't mind saying I thought it was time for a change at the end of the season. Not in November when this was started, but finishing 6th with a meek Scottish Cup exit has always meant serious questions for any Hearts manager for as long as I've been watching. 

Brilliant start to this season though, even if it is very early days. Some of the new signings look like really smart additions. But biggest kudos to Levein is for the energy and directness in the team. I didn't thing he had it in him anymore to get that out of a team. Great to see. 

He'll manage us to some great results and some not so great results. I don't think we'll win any trophies with Levein but I strongly believe he's building the foundations for someone who will. I'm happy he's at the club. 

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

I don't mind saying I thought it was time for a change at the end of the season. Not in November when this was started, but finishing 6th with a meek Scottish Cup exit has always meant serious questions for any Hearts manager for as long as I've been watching. 

Brilliant start to this season though, even if it is very early days. Some of the new signings look like really smart additions. But biggest kudos to Levein is for the energy and directness in the team. I didn't thing he had it in him anymore to get that out of a team. Great to see. 

I'm obviously in Levein camp and won't apologise for it but the abuse a bona fide legend has taken compared to some of tbe charlatens, wankers and losers we have made rich seriously boils my pish. 

Be steadied the ship last season and made us difficult to beat which was what we desperately needed. Some on here would rather he failed and were talking about him being gone after 6 games. 

Now he has his own players lets jjdge him.

:clyay:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Just now, i wish jj was my dad said:

I'm obviously in Levein camp and won't apologise for it but the abuse a bona fide legend has taken compared to some of tbe charlatens, wankers and losers we have made rich seriously boils my pish. 

Be steadied the ship last season and made us difficult to beat which was what we desperately needed. Some on here would rather he failed and were talking about him being gone after 6 games. 

Now he has his own players lets jjdge him.

Agree on the abuse. The guy has been part of the fabric of our club for 35 years. Didn't deserve that. 

Also agree on this team having his stamp all over it. Looking really positive so far. ?

5 hours ago, Elmore said:

Can you not just enjoy a great result rather than have a dig at fellow jambos?  Thankfully levein is proving people like me wrong. Fans weren't being reactionary, they were pissed if with two years of dire football.  A great result and you'd rather slap down fellow fans who are enjoying the result as well.  Bumping this thread in a day like today is pretty sad  do you think some fans are unhappy that we won?   

I didn't bump the thread, and fans were being ridiculously over the top and shortsighted with their criticism. Seriously, read the first couple of pages.

8 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

. He can be the manager for the next 20 years if he gets us top 4 and keeps us improving while we continue to produce youngsters.

Then I'd happily chip in for a statue. 

**** me. You're easy pleased.

4th place finish and you have a job for life

I can smuggly say, I always backed Levien, 100%.

Then again, I back every manager 100%.

Christ, I backed Cathro right to the last.

How to undermine your own point in three sentences 

It should have been ten
9 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Those that have will have new identities by now but some of the other haters should be feeling a bit silly now. The desperation to have him emptied after the first round of fixtures casts a shadow on them. 

I never had any doubts and hopefully today vindicates that view. Only a complete doubting Thomas would be that blinkered to miss that last season was about steadying the ship. They really did make a big show of themselves not thinking about the big picture.

I thought that we have set up really well this season without resorting to all out attack. Lee has been an inspired signing and the way he pulls the strings in midfield reminds me of a young Scifo of Anderlecht and Soapy could easily turn into the most assured defender since Pasquale Bruno.

Beats me why any PHM would have such a grudge against the legend in the dugout but all good Gambos should get behind him now and admit they got it wrong.  If we keep playing this way the Levein factor will see the sold out signs up every week and the Spencer's will be throwing money at us.

:isee:    :verysmug:

:naughty:    :sergioyay:

Hehehehe very good. You’ll Ken you missed a few out though, a follow up post would be sublime :brows: 

It should have been ten

To every Hearts ‘supporter’ who showed no faith in a PHM and wanted “Levein oot!”........

...get it right roond yeez :fugg2:

Edited by It should have been ten

oh ah grantona
17 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Keen to hear the thoughts of those who were adamant he should have been emptied last season.

I wanted him gone at the time and I do have a dislike to him ( goes way back to playing Celtic away and losing 2-0 & him coming saying he saved us on GD) I can't seem to drop that niggle about him. However once we got to the end of last season I stated that we have no choice but to go with it and in all honesty I was very happy with the business he done in current window and now extremely pleased for some of the gems he has pulled out. Long way to go but we are improving. We have come through a easy Betfred cup group beat one of the worst teams in the league (comfortably) and a weekend league champions. Let's see how we perform away from home against the so called better sides I'm well aware we can't win them all but we can blooming well try. 

Massive game at Dunfermline next week and that's what I want to see from CL let's so some balls away from home in one off cup games believe we can win it 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Never in doubt

some folk who seem to be high on the snug meter were crying like bairns when Robbie got emptied/moved on to bigger and better things and backed Cathro months beyond there was any possibility of him being successful (and now hammer him in retrospect)

:lion:

only most of the Internet has the memory span of an absent-minded goldfish

good to see a hearts team not terrified not confused and not disinterested - very decent quality too

just seen davie1980 post above - nowt wrong with backing all the managers over a cliff and being upfront about it :)

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Levein has undoubtedly started the season fantastically well. A top 3 finish and a couple of trips to Hampden as a bear minimum will prove he has turned things around. 

Never hated the guy. He was my favourite player back in the day. Just didn't think he had it in him to be a successful manager. Hopefully i am about to be proved wrong which will be fantastic. Currently looking like i will have egg on my face from now til May!!!!!

????

Definitely come round to him since this season started.  Hearts competing is all anyone wants, and even if we got beat yesterday every player gave his all which is what we want. 

Dont think I’ll ever forgive him for Ian cathro and that carry on, just a bit of a kick in the teeth to all hearts fans but it looks like he’s got us back where we should be.  We don’t have amazing players on paper but everyone seems to play off each other really well and what a signing Uche was. 

Dont want to get too carried away but it seems like we’ve been smart with our business and we have a good squad to build around now. 

Happy to continue to be proven wrong by levein, hopefully this form can continue for as long as possible. 

12 hours ago, Elmore said:

:spoton:

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, sandylejambo said:

Never doubted him, yes I did, fat liar that I am, can I eat humble pie and change my mind? 

Perfectly ok to get it wrong. We all do it but the venom of some of the above made me wonder why they bother supporting Hearts

LarrysRightFoot

I’m 100% behind CL - always liked that steeliness he has. Very much not an OF sympathiser which is another key trait (his post match interview at Ibrox when he is DUFC manager is gold).

We are stil at the start of the journey though and not the finished article yet. We should beat DAFC next week but if we don’t you know what this place will be like.

13 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

1 hour ago, oh ah grantona said:

I wanted him gone at the time and I do have a dislike to him ( goes way back to playing Celtic away and losing 2-0 & him coming saying he saved us on GD) I can't seem to drop that niggle about him. However once we got to the end of last season I stated that we have no choice but to go with it and in all honesty I was very happy with the business he done in current window and now extremely pleased for some of the gems he has pulled out. Long way to go but we are improving. We have come through a easy Betfred cup group beat one of the worst teams in the league (comfortably) and a weekend league champions. Let's see how we perform away from home against the so called better sides I'm well aware we can't win them all but we can blooming well try. 

Massive game at Dunfermline next week and that's what I want to see from CL let's so some balls away from home in one off cup games believe we can win it 

Good on you and others to accept you wanted Levein away. 

It is very early. It does seem we have done well on the players brought in. There is a certain character that probably meets what manager is looking for.

Still think we need 2 or 3 players particularly quality wide player . All very well starting well but its a long season. 

But I would say those wanting Levein gone should surely still be able to make a good case for sacking Levein. They were all so certain and came across as being football experts. When things are going well it should be easier to identify what is wrong.

Well? 

On 11/5/2017 at 18:41, Section G The Place To Be said:

Should have been emptied along with Cathro, but too many hard of thinking sheep on here and elsewhere were too busy sucking up his arse to notice the damage he was causing and would cause.

I’m absolutely raging after that utter shambles today, more angry than I think I ever was when Romanov or the Pieman were in charge. i’m Angry at the lack of desire and passion from players AND management. Angry that fans allowed this to happen sitting holding onto comfort blankets like “we were in administration” “ It’s a five year plan” “We’ll have a nice new stand” these are the snowflake mob and need run out. Angry that the club I love is being destroyed by one mans arrogance. Angry we have an owner that’s so accepting of failure. Angry we’re all being taken for ****ing mugs ploughing hundreds/thousands of our hard earned into the club and being treated with utter contempt. We’re a ****ing laughing stock. 

I couldn’t give a donkeys fart about folk replying with their usual shit of OTT reaction, or Levein hater, wait till we’re back at Tynie nonsense. As far as I’m concerned those saying that shit are part of the ****ing problem. They’re either trolls, idiots or Hibs fans, no Hearts fan can be accepting of this anymore. I’m seeing comments from die hard Levein fans calling for him to go now, people I know personally that have always been quick to slate me for saying Levein is not the answer. When the likes of these people I know want rid then it’s serious. 

I don’t think we’ll be in a relegation battle BUT I honestly don’t know if that’s wishful thinking or my heart saying it, because so far footballing wise we haven’t the fight or passion for a relegation dogfight let alone the ability. 

My favourite comment. 

9 minutes ago, Herbert said:

My favourite comment. 

Stoater 

'hard of thinking sheep'

'trolls, idiots, or Hibs fans' 

'snowflake mob'

I think lessons should be learned by all posters on this thread myself included.

I also think its ran its course now and should be closed.

Move onward. Move upward.

2 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I think lessons should be learned by all posters on this thread myself included.

Not all posters have made front bottoms of themselves.

Lessons won't be learned by the deeply engrained haters that are choking on the leash primed and ready for our next conceded goal.

This thread is highly amusing.

1 minute ago, Oliver Twist said:

Not all posters have made front bottoms of themselves.

Lessons won't be learned by the deeply engrained haters that are choking on the leash primed and ready for our next conceded goal.

This thread is highly amusing.

I was trying to be diplomatic ;)

9 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Indeed, perhaps in future people can learn to give a club legend, with a proven track record, more than 9 games with an injury decimated squad before calling for his head on a stick.

I’ve read the first couple of ‘venomous’ pages on this thread and I don’t see anything venomous. What I see is concerned Hearts fans wanting a change of management at the top after 2 pretty poor years. 

I knew there would be certain posters along after a good win yesterday desperate to resurrect this thread and get right into fellow fans who’s opinion was merely different back then.

I wanted Levein out. I didn’t think he had it in him anymore. There is strong evidence so far that I was wrong.long may I continue to be wrong. But there’s only one thing venomous in this thread , and that’s the fact that it was resurrected for the sole purpose of getting it right up fellow Hearts fans. 

Should be closed IMO

CL had to be given an opportunity to turn things around. He deserved the full backing of the support......those who wanted him to go should learn to have some patience. 

Captain Bubblebeard

Silly Sausage Central, this thread. 

The “I wanted him out in March but don’t any more” brigade can bolt. Doesn’t work that way. Wood/trees.

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

I’ve read the first couple of ‘venomous’ pages on this thread and I don’t see anything venomous. What I see is concerned Hearts fans wanting a change of management at the top after 2 pretty poor years. 

I knew there would be certain posters along after a good win yesterday desperate to resurrect this thread and get right into fellow fans who’s opinion was merely different back then.

I wanted Levein out. I didn’t think he had it in him anymore. There is strong evidence so far that I was wrong.long may I continue to be wrong. But there’s only one thing venomous in this thread , and that’s the fact that it was resurrected for the sole purpose of getting it right up fellow Hearts fans. 

Should be closed IMO

But you cant blame them can you?

A lot of the more venomous posts have been removed. Some of the people posting the venomous material have left the building so make of that what you will. 

Thankfully we have an owner and fans who made it clear that our approach to games HAD TO change.

Well done to Levein for listening and changing.

Keep it up and there will be no complaints from me.

3 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Should be closed IMO

Calling Levein a dinosaur, that he's damaging the club, that those backing him are hard of thinking, that he should get to **** - all sounds pretty venomous to me.

If you are going to spout bile like this you should expect it to be thrown back in your face.

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Thankfully we have an owner and fans who made it clear that our approach to games HAD TO change.

Incredible :lol:

Brauhauser2012

I said he needed a summer transfer window and that he should be judged on the results of the season. This is not the right time for these discussions.  We are all delighted by how we have started. Lets just enjoy the Celtic media meltdown and come back to this after the season has finished. 

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Incredible :lol:

How is it incredible to think that the owner queried Leveins and the teams performance last season. She particularly mentioned publicly that it was disappointing and had to improve.

A percentage of fans were unhappy with his performance and that of the team. He’s acknowledged that and changed the style. It was either that or ultimately lose his job.

14 minutes ago, Gambo said:

?

Wee Ann and CL reading Gambo on JKB and deciding we better do things his way.

You’re a prize plum.

4 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

How is it incredible to think that the owner queried Leveins and the teams performance last season. She particularly mentioned publicly that it was disappointing and had to improve.

A percentage of fans were unhappy with his performance and that of the team. He’s acknowledged that and changed the style. It was either that or ultimately lose his job.

:lol:

Yeah...he only signed the new guys in the summer after a survey on kickback.

****ing hell

17 minutes ago, Gambo said:

The change you wanted was Mr Levien out the door.and I suspect you still do.

Thankfully we have an owner who knows more about football than you.

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

4F8A9B6B-72BA-4FC2-84D8-351239DB1548.gif.b05fba5c88401c4cd389ec08305db314.gif

7 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

The change you wanted was Mr Levien out the door.and I suspect you still do.

Thankfully we have an owner who knows more about football than you.

I think you will find I wanted a change in style of football, wether that was done with or without Levein did not bother me but change of style/approach was needed.

But then again you were delighted with our play last season, many others thought we could and should have been doing better under Levein.

Only a few games into the new season but things looking promising on that front so all good.

Edited by Gambo

It should have been ten
12 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

Should be closed IMO

No point in closing it because as soon as we have a disappointing result the haters will relish in starting a new “Levein oot” thread. 

Some of the names and venemous insults directed towards a Hearts legend when the charlatans and wage thieves on the pitch escaped criticism is quite frankly unforgivable. This forum was littered with so called ‘supporters’ disgusting comments. Levein, when he took over from Cathro, quite clearly stated it would take 2 or 3 transfer windows to turn things round but instead shameful clowns chose to ignore this and carry on with the witch hunt....yet look “2 or 3 transfer windows” down the line and it certainly looks like he’s turning things round. 

The saddest part is, many of these so called ‘Hearts supporters’ will be disappointed he was right. Weirdo’s!

• davemclaren locked this topic