Levein stay or go? ( merged superthread )

mscjambo

Time up for Levein?   

856 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time for Levein to go?

• YES - He should be sacked.
    • YES - He should resign.
    • NO - He needs more time to turn things round.

2 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Good job we still have some time left on the five year plan then. :)

And a cunning plan it has proven to be!  :thumbsup:

• Replies 906
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Escobar PHM

Walter Bishop

I am not ashamed to say ive been highly critical of Levein and he wasn't my preferred choice mainly down to money wasted on his watch and that in my opinion i dont think he wanted the role. However credit where credit is due, he showed passion and fight yesterday that we saw in his first spell and hopefully it continues. Yesterday the players got all the plaudits, But Levein had a game plan and it worked perfectly. 

Long may it continue! :thumbsup:

Edited by Walter Bishop

Coburg Hearts
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hey check my posts today!!  I have confessed to Father Ryder and he has absolved all my sins!  :teu35:

Unlike quite a few others, Thomaso, I dont think anyone ever doubted your good intentions towards Hearts. (and i'm not only referring to your good work on our new stand) 

You've also had the good grace to hold your hands up, so no stocks for you, my lad haha

14 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

Unlike quite a few others, Thomaso, I dont think anyone ever doubted your good intentions towards Hearts. (and i'm not only referring to your good work on our new stand) 

You've also had the good grace to hold your hands up, so no stocks for you, my lad haha

Still on cloud 9 after yesterday, so happy to take what's coming to me today!

30 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hey check my posts today!!  I have confessed to Father Ryder and he has absolved all my sins!  :teu35:

Taking your medicine in good spirit. Here’s hoping we continue in this manner over the next three matches. ?

Coburg Hearts
9 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Still on cloud 9 after yesterday, so happy to take what's coming to me today!

:thumbsup:

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

One result doesn’t mean all the issues are solved or were non existent. My opinion on levein still stands. I’m not crawling back anywhere. Delighted with trashing Celtic obviously. Pity some took it as a cue to have a nasty wee dig at fellow fans but no surprise coming from you given your recent  track record of suspensions and warnings for the same thing

Fwiw I said somewhere on the forum I thought if he lost the two Hibs games that was it

Edited by scott herbertson

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, Escobar PHM said:

One result doesn’t mean all the issues are solved or were non existent. My opinion on levein still stands. I’m not crawling back anywhere. Delighted with trashing Celtic obviously. Pity some took it as a cue to have a nasty wee dig at fellow fans but no surprise coming from you given your recent  track record of suspensions and warnings for the same thing

Fwiw I said somewhere on the forum I thought if he lost the two Hibs games that was it. However the clear progress made over the last month means I would revise that drastically

Edited by scott herbertson

18 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I think this thread can be put to bed.

Tucked up nice and snuggly beside the "relegation battle" one.

13 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Tucked up nice and snuggly beside the "relegation battle" one.

:fing10:

• 7 months later...
13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Keen to hear the thoughts of those who were adamant he should have been emptied last season.

Most have been emptied. Those who remain will be conspicuous in their absence. 

FTH!!!

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

FTH!!!

Its a cracking read this ?

Everybody Loves Baz!

What a beautiful bumpity bump.

Those inconspicuous by their absence recently all over the board tell you all you need to know what they were.

alwaysthereinspirit

No one would be dumb enough to go after him right now. Unless a useless #obo. Great game plan today. Hearts have no reason to fear any team in Scotland.

Geoff Kilpatrick

My hope was this would be his 2002/03 to his last season 2001/02.

So far, so good!

47 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Keen to hear the thoughts of those who were adamant he should have been emptied last season.

I have criticised CL lots on here just as I have criticised other coaches/managers but I have also said I would give credit where credit is due and he has to be given that for our start to the season.

I was one of those questioning why Haring was being played in midfield but I have to say the guy has been immense in the last three games particularly.

The one slight negative for me today was when Mulraney was taken off after his knock we kind of lost our shape a bit because CL shuffled his midfield about too much for me.

We really need to sign a Centre Back to now that Berra is going to be out for some time as Hughes is not the answer. He can't be starting games and playing the full 90 minutes and I don't really think we have any young guys coming through who are good enough yet. Baur is a big lad but he is not the answer.

But anyway well done Craig Levein and his signings especially Haring and Ikpeazu.

5 minutes ago, farin said:

Bad night for the anti CL tag team. They must be spewing right now ... 

:clyay:

There are a few posters conspicuous by their absence since the Raith game.

I'd normally think they are hurting but Hibs haven't hit their slump yet.

??? this isn’t about who was right & who was wrong. We are winning and that is all that matters ? CL has built Hearrs in much the same way as he did before, and I am putting tin hat on and saying this is going to be a better t am ??

49 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have criticised CL lots on here just as I have criticised other coaches/managers but I have also said I would give credit where credit is due and he has to be given that for our start to the season.

I was one of those questioning why Haring was being played in midfield but I have to say the guy has been immense in the last three games particularly.

The one slight negative for me today was when Mulraney was taken off after his knock we kind of lost our shape a bit because CL shuffled his midfield about too much for me.

We really need to sign a Centre Back to now that Berra is going to be out for some time as Hughes is not the answer. He can't be starting games and playing the full 90 minutes and I don't really think we have any young guys coming through who are good enough yet. Baur is a big lad but he is not the answer.

But anyway well done Craig Levein and his signings especially Haring and Ikpeazu.

Hughes playing as CB will work. He did well today, won everything.  Doesn’t have the speed now to play RCB or LCB.... but in the middle he is just fine.

Careful, folks.  Someone will be along in a wee while to tell you off about using your positivity to have a go at absent friends.

:greggy:

He’s been given the chance to prove a lot of folk wrong.  This is an excellent start in doing so.   

I hope he continues, and I end up having egg on my face. 

18 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Hughes playing as CB will work. He did well today, won everything.  Doesn’t have the speed now to play RCB or LCB.... but in the middle he is just fine.

Agreed, put him center and he's rock solid. 

19 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I beg to disagree he didn't win everything. He stood off Celtic players too often for me. He cost us the goal against Hamilton lat week and I just can't see him lasting the pace u til Berra is back.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I beg to disagree he didn't win everything. He stood off Celtic players too often for me. He cost us the goal against Hamilton lat week and I just can't see him lasting the pace u til Berra is back.

Looked comfortable today in the middle. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

We played with a back four so how could he be in the middle.?

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We played with a back four so how could he be in the middle.?

...of the defence. 

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Remember Hughes didn’t play any preseason games... getting better as his fitness improves.

i think he will be fine in the middle. Today was a big test and he passed.

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

So comfortable wavy thinks he wasn't at it, just as he does in Internationals against really top players.

Just now, RENE said:

As of now no one is allowed to argue over Levein's decision making....he is the Master..????

A visionary with superb man management skills.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

...of the defence. 

He would be in the middle if we played a back 3 which we have been but not today.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He would be in the middle if we played a back 3 which we have been but not today.

No middle in a back four? ?

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, VladMagic said:

FTH!!!

Those that have will have new identities by now but some of the other haters should be feeling a bit silly now. The desperation to have him emptied after the first round of fixtures casts a shadow on them. 

I never had any doubts and hopefully today vindicates that view. Only a complete doubting Thomas would be that blinkered to miss that last season was about steadying the ship. They really did make a big show of themselves not thinking about the big picture.

I thought that we have set up really well this season without resorting to all out attack. Lee has been an inspired signing and the way he pulls the strings in midfield reminds me of a young Scifo of Anderlecht and Soapy could easily turn into the most assured defender since Pasquale Bruno.

Beats me why any PHM would have such a grudge against the legend in the dugout but all good Gambos should get behind him now and admit they got it wrong.  If we keep playing this way the Levein factor will see the sold out signs up every week and the Spencer's will be throwing money at us.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, VladMagic said:

FTH!!!

Those that have will have new identities by now but some of the other haters should be feeling a bit silly now. The desperation to have him emptied after the first round of fixtures casts a shadow on them. 

I never had any doubts and hopefully today vindicates that view. Only a complete doubting Thomas would be that blinkered to miss that last season was about steadying the ship. They really did make a big show of themselves not thinking about the big picture.

I thought that we have set up really well this season without resorting to all out attack. Lee has been an inspired signing and the way he pulls the strings in midfield reminds me of a young Scifo of Anderlecht and Soapy could easily turn into the most assured defender since Pasquale Bruno.

Beats me why any PHM would have such a grudge against the legend in the dugout but all good Gambos should get behind him now and admit they got it wrong.  If we keep playing this way the Levein factor will see the sold out signs up every week and the Spencer's will be throwing money at us.

• davemclaren locked this topic