Ehlvis wants to go abroad

Makween

USA, Japan or Australia

Other than that, he'll be off to Aberdeen or somewhere, maybe a League 1 or 2 club down south.

Fat Striker

I always thought Elvis was quite an astute guy but he's obviously kidding himself if he thinks he could still do a job in 'top'flight' football (If indeed that is what he is getting at).

More realistically he would do an excellent job as player/coach for a First Division side. His lack of pace is too much of a hindrance now.

I say this as someone who still admires him.

Has he been back in Edinburgh recently?

I'll bet he's still sh*tting himself about that day.

Before I posted that thread, I had seen him in the Gyle one times.

Since posting that thread, I have seen him in the Gyle zero times.

I think that this conclusively proves that Ehlvis is in hiding - and quite right, too. :mad:

Before I posted that thread, I had seen him in the Gyle one times.

Since posting that thread, I have seen him in the Gyle zero times.

I think that this conclusively proves that Ehlvis is in hiding - and quite right, too. :mad:

You got him scared, you just a big bully!!

bigbully.jpg

The People's Chimp

The thought of various kickback posters hiding behind bins at the gyle and grumbling about him must be too much to take and he's decided to cut his losses and go abroad.

Who wouldn't eh...

The thought of various kickback posters hiding behind bins at the gyle and grumbling about him must be too much to take and he's decided to cut his losses and go abroad.

Who wouldn't eh...

Skulking around behind bins sounds more like something that Ehlvis would do. :mad:

PresidentRomanov
Skulking around behind bins sounds more like something that Ehlvis would do. :mad:

More likely in bins, with his mhates :mad:

I hope that when he secures his move abroad (snigger), Ehlvis doesn't give anyone the wrong impression as he skulks through Customs. :mad:

The Mighty Thor
I don't care where that rhat ends up.

Hopefully back at Tynecastle in some capacity.

Imagine the gaining of experience and leadership and the burning of season tickets by an 'element' in our 'support' in the one fell swoop......it's just too good. ;)

Could see him playing/managing in Australia. Thats the best he could wish for in regards to playing abroad.

Failling that perhaps get involved in a developing league that is looking to get former pros to help out. (as qatar done a few years back) somewhere like Hong Kong or India would welcome a former international to get involved.

Pants Shaton

Imagine the gaining of experience and leadership and the burning of season tickets by an 'element' in our 'support' in the one fell swoop......it's just too good. ;)

Win-Win situation.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Thats right im not a supporter as i turned my back on him pumping his chest with the vermin.

Right on Sister.:P

I always thought Elvis was quite an astute guy but he's obviously kidding himself if he thinks he could still do a job in 'top'flight' football (If indeed that is what he is getting at).

More realistically he would do an excellent job as player/coach for a First Division side. His lack of pace is too much of a hindrance now.

I say this as someone who still admires him.

Is that so,hmm,what about Davie Weir,he's older and slower but by feck he is still a top defender in this league.

Elvis IMO still has loads to offer,may be not at Celtic or Rangers,but any other SPL club would benefit with Elvis in their squad.

Is that so,hmm,what about Davie Weir,he's older and slower but by feck he is still a top defender in this league.

Elvis IMO still has loads to offer,may be not at Celtic or Rangers,but any other SPL club would benefit with Elvis in their squad.

Except when he's making his 42 uncharacteristic mistakes a season.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Where does he want to move to? England?

Im sure Chelsea would thank his Lucky Charms if he chose them!;)

Except when he's making his 42 uncharacteristic mistakes a season.

Weir has been better than any of our defenders over the last season and IMO Elvis would have done just as good a job given half a chance.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Weir has been better than any of our defenders over the last season and IMO Elvis would have done just as good a job given half a chance.

Weir is a better player, Elvis was a better leader.

Weir is a better player, Elvis was a better leader.

I agree,still better than anything we have got.

I visualise Elvis chest thumping and fist pumping in front of Pumpherston fans next season. :P

He lives in Edinburgh, so I would imagine he has been back pretty often.

NoseLikeMahe

Some dafties dont half get excited about one goal celebration. parochial, blinkered and ignorant in the true sense of the word... and that's without the thinly-veiled sectarian references from some.

Doesn't mean you're not a Hearts fan, just means you're a bit embarassing the the more fair-minded Hearts fans :)

Fat Striker

Weir never had any pace, that was never really part of his game IMO. There are some players who seem to defy the odds and continue to play at a good level well in to their thirties.

More often than not a players legs will 'go' round about 32-34 and they can never sustain the same levels of performance. I believe this has happened with Pressley and as a result I reckon he would struggle at a high level.

He still has much to offer at a lower level - he would stand out like a sore thumb. He comes across as a proud man and I think this scenario would be better for his ego.

NoseLikeMahe
He lives in Edinburgh, so I would imagine he has been back pretty often.

Last I knew he lived out near Cumbernauld. That was a wee while ago right enough

Other than Berra, I think he would have been better than any other centre halves we had last season. Even though he is slowing down.

We need leaders again in that team.

Last I knew he lived out near Cumbernauld. That was a wee while ago right enough

He lives in Cramond now.

Be good news if Elvis gets a job in England or even abroad for the next couple of seasons. That way he can gain experience and make contacts before he is brought back to the club (should we still exist) in some capacity, under the next regime. Good luck Elvis.

Some dafties dont half get excited about one goal celebration. parochial, blinkered and ignorant in the true sense of the word... and that's without the thinly-veiled sectarian references from some.

Doesn't mean you're not a Hearts fan, just means you're a bit embarassing the the more fair-minded Hearts fans :)

The only "daftie" who thinks that Pressley's total wind up of Hearts fans was down to "one goal celebration" is YOU mate! Makes me wonder if you were actually at the game to witness his antics.

"Parocial, blinkered and ignorant in every sense of the word" ??? Bit up your own er$e are you not?

For "fair minded" try BLINKERED!

loveofthegame

Nah he moved down to Cramond mate, lives in the new massive houses down there, neighbours with a friend of my Mums. Neil McCann stays in the same estate i think.

Back on topic id be very surprised if he moved abroad- im sure he stated a big part of the reason for choosing Celtic (along with the obvious $$ and trophy chances) was that it didn't involve moving his young family, having just bought a house in Edinburgh. I dont think he'll want to move his family abroad.

As another poster stated he'll move to an Aberdeen/Utd/Motherwell, or go down and manage a 1st Division side.

rudi must stay
I still think he'll end up at Livi as Player/Coach.

Livingston. Hardly very abroad is it?

rudi must stay
The owner is Italian though.

there's plenty of foreign owners. He could go to half of the premierhsip

Drylaw Hearts
there's plenty of foreign owners. He could go to half of the premierhsip

So he could.

I wonder why he doesn't.

Usa or Qatar possibly ?

I was thinking along those lines but other countries are doing the same thing as qatar now. which is why I suggested Australia, India or Hong Kong.

I don't think he'd get is game in the MLS because of their rules on foreign players, wage caps and seedings. Which they'll save for better players than Elvis I'd imagine. So unless it was an American college team or something, of which the standard is still supposedly fairly decent?

Maybe Qatar but they established themselves a few years back with veteran internalists. I don't think anyone would take too much notice of Elvis over there.

MLS seems a decent shout. I'm pretty confident there would be a number of teams wanting to take him out there (if they take Peter Canero, Kenny Deuchar and Paul Dalgleish!). Would be a good move for him I think. Plus, think Mo Johnston is Director of Football at Toronto FC...may help him out!

unless it was an American college team or something

He could combine his sporting duties with lecturing in how to be a snidhey turncoat. :mad:

It will be interesting to see if he goes abroad, considering the reason he turned down a move down South to stay in Scotland with his family. Or maybe that was a convenient excuse.

Whenever he leaves the Knew Camp I'll be waiting patiently for an apology to all Hearts Fans for his disrespect.

I thought he'd retire and stick to the Scotland job. Good news that he's away, the Gyle is now safe again. ;)

Archived