• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wavydavy

• i8hibsh

• Spencer

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just turned it on for second half, Swiss all over them but Hughes having a stormer.

If he come through the game he should start for us on Sunday.

25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Hearts would miss him.

Obviously, he was great against Aberdeen. If he were to retire, then I hope we offer him a coaching role, we are a little light on those.  

2 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

Obviously, he was great against Aberdeen. If he were to retire, then I hope we offer him a coaching role, we are a little light on those.  

:thumb:

9 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Absolutely.  Been a great servant to his country 

No doubt cruising through the game against slightly better than SPL has to offer......

But get him tae **** will be the rabid shouts 

This place :facepalm:

Spot on. 

12 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Just turned it on for second half, Swiss all over them but Hughes having a stormer.

If he come through the game he should start for us on Sunday.

At right back with Smith left back. Suddenly a decent back 4.

17 minutes ago, Spencer said:

No doubt cruising through the game against slightly better than SPL has to offer......

I like him, but how many matches has he actually played for us? He is a luxury we cannot afford at present (perhaps once the new stand kicks in and we are miles in front of everybody else, fair enough, but now?) and his contract extension meant we couldn't sign another CD who actually plays club football.  

been here before

Hopefully a storming MOTM performance and a last 5 minute hat trick just to send the highly strung on this thread into meltdown.

25 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I like him, but how many matches has he actually played for us? He is a luxury we cannot afford at present (perhaps once the new stand kicks in and we are miles in front of everybody else, fair enough, but now?) and his contract extension meant we couldn't sign another CD who actually plays club football.  

Michael O'Neill would be a great manager if by some miracle we could get him

His players adore him. I'd offer him £400k a year as it would be money well spent 

He's different class 

8 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Michael O'Neill would be a great manager if by some miracle we could get him

His players adore him. I'd offer him £400k a year as it would be money well spent 

He's different class 

I agree! But finances will dictate that we are unable to. The new stand will take priority over everything else until it is paid off. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Does anyone else think Hughes might retire now that the World Cup dream is over?

I was wondering that myself but he is under contract with us. Maybe more likely to play now?

11 minutes ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

I agree! But finances will dictate that we are unable to. The new stand will take priority over everything else until it is paid off. 

AB needs to outline what if any o/s facility will be required relative to the stand.

I'd break the bank for MO though. God knows what he could achieve 

He has a great way about him for sure 

1 minute ago, Spencer said:

AB needs to outline what if any o/s facility will be required relative to the stand.

He is favourite for the next Scotland Managers job which is basically part time just like his current role so why would he want to join us?

4 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

He cant retire if he has a contract signed.

I was thinking the same however I am assuming they mean from International football.

18 minutes ago, Spencer said:

God knows what the shortfall is and the club arent exactly keen to provide any information  (which begs the question: do they know yet?). 

However, I am certain that the shortfall will have a significant bearing on our ability to spend on players/management in the next few years. Hence the "lightbulb' Levein moment.  

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He is favourite for the next Scotland Managers job which is basically part time just like his current role so why would he want to join us?

Why would he want the Scotland job?

Stephane Grappelli
1 hour ago, Spencer said:

Well said.  I mean, who cares that he never plays like that for us (or rarely actually plays)?  I'd give him a further year on his contract right now.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Why would he want the Scotland job?

I have no idea ask him. Just repeating what I read in the press today.

It was suggesting that he had taken NI as far as he could and may want a change and Regan was eager to speak to him.

1 minute ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

Well said.  I mean, who cares that he never plays like that for us (or rarely actually plays)?  I'd give him a further year on his contract right now.

Make it two.

27 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

He cant retire if he has a contract signed.

Im sure you can not stop any person from retirement no matter the contract lenth.  

1 minute ago, Elshin said:

Im sure you can not stop any person from retirement no matter the contract lenth.  

I suppose that will be dependant on what is in his contract and if the club are prepared to let him go. I would prefer 4/5 others to announce their retirement personally.

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have no idea ask him. Just repeating what I read in the press today.

It was suggesting that he had taken NI as far as he could and may want a change and Regan was eager to speak to him.

The Scotland job isn't exactly glamourous.

He could walk into a mid table Premier League side easily right now.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Maybe he will. He might stay where he is for all I know as I said I was repeating what I read in the press. I haven't offered him the Scotland job.:laugh:

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

maybe everton have been holding out for him hoping NI failed to make the WC

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe he will. He might stay where he is for all I know as I said I was repeating what I read in the press. I haven't offered him the Scotland job.:laugh:

No, I know you haven't :laugh:

I just keep seeing folk talking about him getting the Scotland job, when he's never said he's thinking of leaving N.I.

Just now, milky_26 said:

maybe everton have been holding out for him hoping NI failed to make the WC

Maybe.

I'd be gutted if he did leave, though.

Captain America

Phillip Lahm had contract up to June 2018 with Bayern but retired at the end of last season so players can retire before contract end. 

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He was ok tonight.

As I have said, I like the guy, but he has proven to be a poor signing so far. Lets hope he is now fully fit and can actually play for us. 

27 minutes ago, The Gorgie Gatsby said:

I didn't suggest we extend his contract.

He's not been available nearly enough for sure. His quality isn't in doubt though.

I'm hugely critical of many football related decisions at the club. I do have some sympathy re Hughes though. He clearly adds something, perhaps even when not playing

Hughes, Cowie, Berra and Lafferty have all played at a level that younger ones should aspire to reach 

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Hughes - outstanding.

NI - outstanding.

Hughes..out

NI - out

Tough but reality bites and overall Switzerland were the better side

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Hearts?

1 hour ago, Bowmans_Boot said:

God knows what the shortfall is and the club arent exactly keen to provide any information  (which begs the question: do they know yet?). 

However, I am certain that the shortfall will have a significant bearing on our ability to spend on players/management in the next few years. Hence the "lightbulb' Levein moment.  

They need to be transparent soon 

Jambof3tornado
22 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe even better with Hughes at CB and Souttar RB.

Rather soapy at CH, that way hes got a player either side to cover his backside.

Another catastrophic mistake giving this guy another seat on the Budge and Levein gravy train.  Although how utterly shite I think Souttar is I’d rather play him as at least he is young and maybe if miracles happen he comes good.  Try and come to an agreement and release Hughes form his contract early although why would he want to?  7 months of gravy train giant slurps for Hughes if not.  January is huge for us, it really is.  So much dead wood and not one ounce of scouting ability to replenish it.

16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another catastrophic mistake giving this guy another seat on the Budge and Levein gravy train.  Although how utterly shite I think Souttar is I’d rather play him as at least he is young and maybe if miracles happen he comes good.  Try and come to an agreement and release Hughes form his contract early although why would he want to?  7 months of gravy train giant slurps for Hughes if not.  January is huge for us, it really is.  So much dead wood and not one ounce of scouting ability to replenish it.

That is just an awful post 

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

In what way? The reality too harsh?

Souttar utterly shite? 

Hughes entirely holds his own against Switzerland yet can't be trusted against Partick Thistle? 

I'm critical of a number of things just now but this is just nonsense you've written 

4 minutes ago, Spencer said:

Souttar utterly shite? 

Hughes entirely holds his own against Switzerland yet can't be trusted against Partick Thistle? 

I'm critical of a number of things just now but this is just nonsense you've written 

I think Souttar is dug meat.  You may think differently which of course I fully respect your right to do so.

I could not give a flying **** if Hughes was good last night, or indeed about Northern Ireland - I care about Hearts.  Hughes does not perform well for us, when he actually is available to play.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, i8hibsh said:

I think Souttar is dug meat.  You may think differently which of course I fully respect your right to do so.

I could not give a flying **** if Hughes was good last night, or indeed about Northern Ireland - I car about Hearts.  Hughes does not perform well for us, when he actually is available to play.

OK.  Probably best we leave it there bud