This Season...

been here before

been here before

What part of the season are we at? In the last couple of weeks we've had posts saying the 'season starts now', that the Hibs game was "season defying" (sic) and now a new knee jerk thread saying the seasons over.

Does it depend on your level of melodrama?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Tell you what - charity bet of £20.

I say the season is over - which is to say that we’ll achieve nothing and won’t go close to achieving anything. If i’m wrong, call me out in May and i’ll donate £20 to the poppy fund or whatever.

A relegation battle makes the bet null and void because quite honestly, if that’s what it takes to keep the season alive then certain people need shot.

Win against killie and we go back to Tynie with some momentum and chance to move up the table. Loose or draw and we are in trouble big time. 

been here before
16 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I say the season is over - which is to say that we’ll achieve nothing and won’t go close to achieving anything. If i’m wrong, call me out in May and i’ll donate £20 to the poppy fund or whatever.

A relegation battle makes the bet null and void because quite honestly, if that’s what it takes to keep the season alive then certain people need shot.

Is that for me?

If so why would I want a bet and if I did why would I want one thats so confusing and open to such vague interpretations?

Very odd.

our team is poor so yes the season will be meh. You won't fix 3 years of crap in a January transfer window either. We are where we are slowly improving but it will take a fair bit of time. Our biggest problem among many is a lack of midfield. Match commentator said that lafferty was having a great game in the middle of the park says it all. If we're relying on djoum cowie and walker as our midfield quality it says even more. Till that is addressed it is what it is. Poor.

Patterns I guess. Feels like we're a stuck record. Only changing thing behind the scenes is the new stand, so can only hope that will help turn our season around. Otherwise the chips better be good.

been here before
11 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Win against killie and we go back to Tynie with some momentum and chance to move up the table. Loose or draw and we are in trouble big time. 

So its only just beginning (v St Johnstone), being defined (v Hibs) and over (v Rangers) in the space of a week but might either be starting again or more over after the next game?

'sno easy.

Jambof3tornado
38 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is what you describe not a typical season for us?

The season is far from over but I think we'll be fighting for top 6 rather than top 4.

We are truly horrible to watch, the list of problems are endless on the field with very few positives, I dare say the season is over and I’d be surprised if we finished top 6 . Thank **** we have Lafferty.

We are sadly back to square one.

Cantered the Championship and had a built confidence within the club again. An admirable 3rd place finish in our first season back.

We were doing fine under Neilson before he went even though he still had his detractors.

Then some poor decisions at the top level then on the playing side has basically f**ked up two seasons (last one and this one).

We are building again. Poor poor stuff. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
48 minutes ago, been here before said:

Is that for me?

If so why would I want a bet and if I did why would I want one thats so confusing and open to such vague interpretations?

Very odd.

You used the word melodrama, implying that it’s over the top to suggest our season is done.

You might be right.

What i’m saying is you’re wrong, and blatantly.

Let me do some recaps on 2017 thus far (oh yes, we still have a couple more months for things to go more pear shaped folks)........

January transfer window opens and we sign a glut of players out of nowhere.  

We start back up again with our usual capitulation on the East side of Glasgow, a 4-0 humping that we have all come to expect. 

But hold on a minute within 4 days we put 7 past Rangers and Motherwell with a swagger not seen since we were pumping Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton. 

Sorry guys, another false dawn. In the remaining 14 league games we would win just twice more with victories over the dismal Dundee and Hamilton. 

But worse than that we take ET in the replay to beat a garbage Raith Rovers and then for the 2nd year running lose to Championship Hibernian with what was one of undoubtably the worst derby displays since the 70's. There are immediate justifiable calls for everyone's head. Huge amounts of cash again head Hibs way as they as holders go back for another semi-final.

We sit through the summer anticipating the surely inevitable announcement that the Cathro project is canned. It doesn't come.

We make the encouraging signings of Berra and Lafferty and a bunch of other players nobody has ever heard of. Hmmm we'll see how this lot pan out.

For the first time we enter the new League Cup Group stage. We start ok with wins against Elgin and East Fife but then suffer the worst domestic defeat in 30+ years losing to Peterhead. Needing to beat Championship Dunfermline at home we struggle and are lucky to even draw the match and are eliminated again spunking a cup tournament . Cathro out is the cry. Plenty want Levein gone too.

The pressure is too much on the hierarchy and they eventually pull the trigger. We are told we will search the globe for the best candidate. Numerous statements follow. Speculation mounts and there are some very credible names touted. We go with Jon Daly for the first 4 games. The transfer window ebbs away.

An announcement, who will it be???? Everyone is excited for the new dawn. What? Its Craig Levein. Aye? The dude thats been with us all along. Head scratcher. Let me just zip myself up the back. Anyone would think we've gone with the easy, cheap option and that his army of subservient coaches will just continue on there merry way......lets see how this pans out.

He brings in a few randoms to add to a squad already top heavy in utter mediocrity. 

We get the expected bounce form his arrival and draw with Aberdeen, well we did get humped by them in the same fixture last year so green shoots and all that! But we edge a couple of narrow wins by a goal and it keeps the happy clappers in the mindset that we are good. We aren't but nevermind.

And so on to the much anticipated 'revenge' mission down at Fester. I read predictions of 3-0 and 3-1 wins despite the fact we have't scored 3 in any game for now 22 matches in the SPL. I'm skeptical to say the leave. And lo and behold we are abysmal and lucky to only lose 1-0. Some come around to the realization that we are indeed utterly gash. A collection of dismal mediocrity save a couple of players.

Onto Murrayfield and the arriving army of Orcs. Lafferty one of only 3 or 4 players good enough to wear our shirt scores a beauty but we soon resort to type and let the pensioner Miller bury us as he's done many times before. Predictable, absolutely. Dire, absolutely.

This Hearts squad is as bad as it gets, certainly since the early 70's. The manager, head coach, DoF, whatever the hell he is, is a busted flush. He's taking us nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Let me do some recaps on 2017 thus far (oh yes, we still have a couple more months for things to go more pear shaped folks)........

We start back up again with our usual capitulation on the East side of Glasgow, a 4-0 humping that we have all come to expect. 

But hold on a minute within 4 days we put 7 past Rangers and Motherwell with a swagger not seen since we were pumping Cowdenbeath and Dumbarton. 

Sorry guys, another false dawn. In the remaining 14 league games we would win just twice more with victories over the dismal Dundee and Hamilton. 

But worse than that we take ET in the replay to beat a garbage Raith Rovers and then for the 2nd year running lose to Championship Hibernian with what was one of undoubtably the worst derby displays since the 70's. There are immediate justifiable calls for everyone's head. Huge amounts of cash again head Hibs way as they as holders go back for another semi-final.

We sit through the summer anticipating the surely inevitable announcement that the Cathro project is canned. It doesn't come.

We make the encouraging signings of Berra and Lafferty and a bunch of other players nobody has ever heard of. Hmmm we'll see how this lot pan out.

For the first time we enter the new League Cup Group stage. We start ok with wins against Elgin and East Fife but then suffer the worst domestic defeat in 30+ years losing to Peterhead. Needing to beat Championship Dunfermline at home we struggle and are lucky to even draw the match and are eliminated again spunking a cup tournament . Cathro out is the cry. Plenty want Levein gone too.

The pressure is too much on the hierarchy and they eventually pull the trigger. We are told we will search the globe for the best candidate. Numerous statements follow. Speculation mounts and there are some very credible names touted. We go with Jon Daly for the first 4 games. The transfer window ebbs away.

An announcement, who will it be???? Everyone is excited for the new dawn. What? Its Craig Levein. Aye? The dude thats been with us all along. Head scratcher. Let me just zip myself up the back. Anyone would think we've gone with the easy, cheap option and that his army of subservient coaches will just continue on there merry way......lets see how this pans out.

He brings in a few randoms to add to a squad already top heavy in utter mediocrity. 

We get the expected bounce form his arrival and draw with Aberdeen, well we did get humped by them in the same fixture last year so green shoots and all that! But we edge a couple of narrow wins by a goal and it keeps the happy clappers in the mindset that we are good. We aren't but nevermind.

And so on to the much anticipated 'revenge' mission down at Fester. I read predictions of 3-0 and 3-1 wins despite the fact we have't scored 3 in any game for now 22 matches in the SPL. I'm skeptical to say the leave. And lo and behold we are abysmal and lucky to only lose 1-0. Some come around to the realization that we are indeed utterly gash. A collection of dismal mediocrity save a couple of players.

Onto Murrayfield and the arriving army of Orcs. Lafferty one of only 3 or 4 players good enough to wear our shirt scores a beauty but we soon resort to type and let the pensioner Miller bury us as he's done many times before. Predictable, absolutely. Dire, absolutely.

This Hearts squad is as bad as it gets, certainly since the early 70's. The manager, head coach, DoF, whatever the hell he is, is a busted flush. He's taking us nowhere. 

Very sad but very true. 

Do we need a Levein out poll? 

been here before
18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You used the word melodrama, implying that it’s over the top to suggest our season is done.

You might be right.

What i’m saying is you’re wrong, and blatantly.

Im not quite sure what posts you're actually reading but you're struggling here, and blatantly. Ive pointed out that in the last week our season has apparently begun, been defined and is now over.

Clearly none of these are true so Ive asked if its decided by your own personnal level of melodrama that dictates where we are in the season.

**** knows what you're talking about though.

1 hour ago, jambo1975 said:

That's Killie who beat Patrick and drew with Rangers and Celtic.........   

2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

When we lost to Hibs in the replay we were told by the same apologists and delusional numnuts that we still had loads to play for and the season was alive. We won 1 more game. They excused defeats to the Maltese fisherman, the farmers, plumbers and school teachers from Peterhead and dismal performances against Championship sides like Raith and Dunfermline in cup matches. They'll find excuses for everything, it's just the way it is. 

I have attended over 1700 Hearts first team matches (over 1000 at Tynie) and have left before the final whistle on only say half a dozen occasions.

So disgusted after witnessing Tuesday night, and how poor we were today, I left Murrayfield after 80 minutes when it was very obvious that the game was over.

Later I had to listen to Levein suggest that it was Walker's injury that changed the game.

And that we just do not have the quality.  So who presided over the signings and many ridiculous lengthy contracts?

Budge continues to be besotted with Levein : are we the only Club who has a guy holding posts as Club Director, Director of Football and Head Coach - bullet-proof?

Enough is surely enough!

1 hour ago, 51john51 said:

Very sad but very true. 

share the pain Hendricks and said similar to friends in pub after the game. Cannot recall a worse team since the 70's other than the first part of the 2013 relegation season  

1 hour ago, cuddledoon said:

I have attended over 1700 Hearts first team matches (over 1000 at Tynie) and have left before the final whistle on only say half a dozen occasions.

So disgusted after witnessing Tuesday night, and how poor we were today, I left Murrayfield after 80 minutes when it was very obvious that the game was over.

Later I had to listen to Levein suggest that it was Walker's injury that changed the game.

And that we just do not have the quality.  So who presided over the signings and many ridiculous lengthy contracts?

Budge continues to be besotted with Levein : are we the only Club who has a guy holding posts as Club Director, Director of Football and Head Coach - bullet-proof?

Enough is surely enough!

Have read several posts in this vein and its depressing reading to say the least. When loyal fans who have spent a lifetime invested both emotionally and financially in our club are feeling like this and driven to leave games early then people should sit up and take notice. A totally unacceptable situation and yet who is listening. We have been taken for granted throughout a number of regimes in recent decades and the signs were we had perhaps got luckier this time with Budge. The goodwill is sadly diminishing on a weekly basis for swathes of Hearts fans because she has simply refused to listen to anyone but her football advisor. As you rightly point out he holds so many roles within the club that there can be no impartiality nor a clear accountability. A disgraceful way to organize and run the hierarchy of the club but a very deliberate attempt to muddy the waters, buying themselves time in the hope they can somehow come out the other end. Hugely disappointing all round.

not had my ticket scanned yet and this season is done ,we are a bottom six club with tis squad I wish this stand to be finished and we can start afresh,I will pick my games from now on cos Levien done me in first time around,I've stepped back in time

been here before
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

not had my ticket scanned yet and this season is done ,we are a bottom six club with tis squad I wish this stand to be finished and we can start afresh,I will pick my games from now on cos Levien done me in first time around,I've stepped back in time

Nae bother.

Mind and contact the club and they can resell your seat.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nae bother.

Mind and contact the club and they can resell your seat.

you obviously were not here first time around ,first post probably don't have a season ticket don't you dare I have been following the Hearts since 1961 home and away I will voice my opinion this team are bottom six in anyone's book ,Leviens experiments have put us where we are and he's still hanging 16 yr olds out to dry Im sorry that does not wash with me disgrace

been here before
10 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

you obviously were not here first time around ,first post probably don't have a season ticket don't you dare I have been following the Hearts since 1961 home and away I will voice my opinion this team are bottom six in anyone's book ,Leviens experiments have put us where we are and he's still hanging 16 yr olds out to dry Im sorry that does not wash with me disgrace

No-ones denying you the right to voice your opinion so calm down dear. 

Had my first season ticket in the late 80s in the shed and still got one now in the Wheatfield and probably only miss about jalf a dozen away games per season so lets wind in your uber jambo neck a bit eh?

Cant really see why if you're going to pick and choose your home games, you wouldnt want to contact the club to let them resell the seat if you could. 

But if you want then we shall all agree your maroon ****** can piss the highest. 

7 minutes ago, Crete said:

Bottom six unless changes are made in January 

Even in Jan you are left with players who nobody needs or wants I'm sorry but I'm praying that Levien is just filling in till Oneill finishes with the Irish squad because if not were doomed

32 minutes ago, Crete said:

Bottom six unless changes are made in January 

Giving anyone currently involved more dough is completely irresponsible and would be another smack in the collective puss of the Hearts support. Useless barstewards the lot of them.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
18 hours ago, been here before said:

Im not quite sure what posts you're actually reading but you're struggling here, and blatantly. Ive pointed out that in the last week our season has apparently begun, been defined and is now over.

Clearly none of these are true so Ive asked if its decided by your own personnal level of melodrama that dictates where we are in the season.

**** knows what you're talking about though.

You don’t understand the definition of melodrama. I’d start there.

Gordon Ramsay
19 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Took the words right out my mouth.

We're a laughing stock.

been here before
39 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You don’t understand the definition of melodrama. I’d start there.

Thanks but Im cool with what melodrama is.

Still got no idea what it is your slavering about with the world most convoluted bet though.

19 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Exactly this, what we have to remember is the the spl is the lowest quality in living memory... Celtic have been unbeaten in this league, setting a uk record.  

The revolving door signing policy, should have seen levein sacked.. I don't know who most of the players are and quite how we found them, scouts aye ok ...

I only hope the stand build isn't as big a shambles as the football side, If it is, we could have a debt to fund to further restrict the football side for years to come. 

Budge / Levein sorry but it ain't good enough. Statements on every detail of a construction project are not what's needed. A product on the pitch is !!!!

20 hours ago, Hendricks said:

Why keep going over 2017? Do you relish our troubles? What do you think will happen in 2018? Should certainly be a much more positive debate. What’s past is past. Move on  please, it’s boring. 

19 hours ago, cuddledoon said:

Enough is surely enough!

That’s about 50 years of attending games at a Tynie. I’m similar and believe there’s been a lot more than half a dozen occasions when it’s been worse than yesterday. And that’s just the home games. 7-0 Hibs, Dundee spring to mind. Several tankings  from Celtic in last 10 years alone. Several thumping from  their ugly sister as well. The melodramatic nature of a lot of posts on here after a defeat  is incredibly funny. Very frustrating and annoying as well but funny nevertheless that people lose the plot especially people who have supposedly seen it all before so many times. 

23 hours ago, been here before said:

What part of the season are we at? In the last couple of weeks we've had posts saying the 'season starts now', that the Hibs game was "season defying" (sic) and now a new knee jerk thread saying the seasons over.

Does it depend on your level of melodrama?

:biggrin:

If we win a couple of games in a row at Tynecastle it'll be all "the Gorgie Boys are going to Euuuuuuurope" again. 

We haven't even dipped a toe in Scottish Cup stuff yet either.

Tokyo Drifter

The season's far from over. We now have a run of seven homes games, six at Tynie and one at Murrayfield, and five of them are totally winnable. The other two are against Motherwell and Celtic and, frankly, if we've picked up 12 to 15 points by the time we play them we'll have the wind in our sails and anything will seem possible.

Keep the faith.

1 hour ago, redm said:

:biggrin:

If we win a couple of games in a row at Tynecastle it'll be all "the Gorgie Boys are going to Euuuuuuurope" again. 

We haven't even dipped a toe in Scottish Cup stuff yet either.

Thats probably true which is why as a club we never achieve diddly squat. There is no accountability to be better. 

14 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Thats probably true which is why as a club we never achieve diddly squat. There is no accountability to be better. 

That’s just not true. We’ve achieved many many things. I’m all for accountability too by the way but it has to be reasonable. 

Our hopes are probably the same, but maybe our expectations and timeframes are a little different. 

7 minutes ago, redm said:

That’s just not true. We’ve achieved many many things. I’m all for accountability too by the way but it has to be reasonable. 

Our hopes are probably the same, but maybe our expectations and timeframes are a little different. 

On the football front (which should be by far the most important front but isn't to many) Hearts are an underachieving mess. There can't even be any debate about that. Is that solely this regime? No of course not. You only need look at our atrocious cup record as evidence of that. Decades of underachievement not helped by the mañana mañana attitude that you confess to. There's always an excuse, a reason for our ineptitude and this notion that a spanking new stand will turn our fortunes is total hyperbole. Is the new stand development a positive for the club? Absolutely and I commend those that have made it happen but lets not pretend that it is in anything but a convenient excuse for those who are happy to give the hierarchy of the club a pass for a disastrous laundry list of footballing decisions. The complete regression on the park should have seen significant change in who is in charge and how we are being run but it appears things will need to get worse before they get better in that regards before anyone actually stands up to be counted and makes the decisions that need to be made. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

The season's far from over. We now have a run of seven homes games, six at Tynie and one at Murrayfield, and five of them are totally winnable. The other two are against Motherwell and Celtic and, frankly, if we've picked up 12 to 15 points by the time we play them we'll have the wind in our sails and anything will seem possible.

Keep the faith.

Positive post.

Please remove please mods.

I'm joking.

Bazzas right boot

The seasons started as many predicted, so I'm unsure why the folk that think the teams crap, cl is crap and Budge doesn't care and predicted a points total to date less than we have are losing Thier shit, over everything. Strange.

We have improved since the league cup and matched our away wins total of last year, so all not bad.

The squad is still unbalanced and the midfield injuries are ridiculous, especially if walker gets added to that list.

A third full Murrayfield is poor for us and home advantage is lost, particularly when you give the away team 14k.

When we're back at home, we'll pick up the points- that is what we do.

After the international break we'll have fit  midfielders again.

The season has been pretty dull, but a few good home wins on the bounce will set us up nicely for the next Derby and the sc.

January will also need to be productive.

The season is definitely not over.

If folk think like that, then you have no credibility in slagging the teams attitude on the park.

On 28/10/2017 at 18:01, 51john51 said:

Very sad but very true. 

What if Levein is the man to fix it all?

3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Why keep going over 2017? Do you relish our troubles? What do you think will happen in 2018? Should certainly be a much more positive debate. What’s past is past. Move on  please, it’s boring. 

You're another guy who can't have any criticism no matter how hugely justified it is 

41 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

The seasons started as many predicted, so I'm unsure why the folk that think the teams crap, cl is crap and Budge doesn't care and predicted a points total to date less than we have are losing Thier shit, over everything. Strange.

We have improved since the league cup and matched our away wins total of last year, so all not bad.

The squad is still unbalanced and the midfield injuries are ridiculous, especially if walker gets added to that list.

A third full Murrayfield is poor for us and home advantage is lost, particularly when you give the away team 14k.

The season has been pretty dull, but a few good home wins on the bounce will set us up nicely for the next Derby and the sc.

If folk think like that, then you have no credibility in slagging the teams attitude on the park.

Maybe this tread's not for you then if it's beyond your comprehension. 

We've improved ? Only because we couldn't get any worse. 

45 minutes ago, BigDave'sHeed said:

January will bring even more shite. We'll struggle to get shite out of the door in January unless we pay them to gtf - thus reducing what we've got available to recruit - ensuring more shite is ever more inevitable 

Exciting times though 

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Maybe this tread's not for you then if it's beyond your comprehension. 

We've improved ? Only because we couldn't get any worse. 

It would certainly be hard to get any worse than getting knocked out of our league cup section. The season isn’t over but it would be nice to see a spark in the team. If we don’t start winning in our upcoming home run then bottom 6 is virtually a certainty. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Spencer said:

January will bring even more shite. We'll struggle to get shite out of the door in January unless we pay them to gtf - thus reducing what we've got available to recruit - ensuring more shite is ever more inevitable 

Exciting times though 

Aye.

I started a thread before the County game now saying season starts now. We've picked up 6 points from 12 since. Next few games will be tough too albeit against sides we really should be beating.

Part of me wants to keep optimistic and hope that once we string a few wins together, we keep it going. The other part of me thinks this season is yet another write off.

Last season turned into a write off due to change of management, poor recruitment etc. And this season already feels the same.

The fact that Levein says we'll need to clear out before we can buy, means that it's just gonna be last season all over again.

Top 6 is the best we can achieve, and we might get a cup run of the draws are kind.

Archived