Harvey Weinstein & others - sexual assault

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

20 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

And then these people have the f---ing gall to turn around and lecture people about morality and sexual ethics.

From a different source Zeigler apparently also cited scripture and Mary being 13 when she became betrothed to Joseph. I mean where do you even start...

Trying to equate or justify the alleged practices of some people in 21st Century America with the morals or indeed the customs of 1st Century Judea is something I'm not entirely shocked at with these people.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paolo

• Seymour M Hersh

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Francis Albert

10 hours ago, Ugly American said:

And then these people have the f---ing gall to turn around and lecture people about morality and sexual ethics.

From a different source Zeigler apparently also cited scripture and Mary being 13 when she became betrothed to Joseph. I mean where do you even start...

But its true though

If you accept the bible as what the church wants, in the same way as the Koran with Islam,  and want people to live on Biblical terms, then you accept its OK to marry children and so on

If it was OK with God 2000 years ago , is there anything in scripture that says he has moved with the times and its now not OK with him?

Luckily I'm an atheist and don't have to struggle with conflicts

12 hours ago, Ugly American said:

I really hope your faith proves to be true UA.

And that these beasts suffer in hell.

Unfortunately, the list will be endless with this. The fact is this was an accepted sordid mesh of sex rings, sexual abuse and power over minors and women. This has been known for so long yet nobody had the decency or courage to come out and say it. 

I feel sorry for any victim caught up in this. Some Innocent women or child trying to carve out a career shouldn't have to use their bodies to do it. 

Disgusting.  

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Unfortunately, the list will be endless with this. The fact is this was an accepted sordid mesh of sex rings, sexual abuse and power over minors and women. This has been known for so long yet nobody had the decency or courage to come out and say it. 

I feel sorry for any victim caught up in this. Some Innocent women or child trying to carve out a career shouldn't have to use their bodies to do it. 

Disgusting.  

I have to point out that men were/are also abused or pressurised into sexual activity in these sorts of situations, not just women and children.

26 minutes ago, redjambo said:

I have to point out that men were/are also abused or pressurised into sexual activity in these sorts of situations, not just women and children.

Probably. Wouldnt surprise me. 

Haven't heard of any men being involved so did not mention them. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Probably. Wouldnt surprise me. 

Haven't heard of any men being involved so did not mention them. 

No problem. The Kevin Spacey case is an example of men also being the victims.

Interesting article:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiarosenbaum/hollywood-sex-abuse-scandal-male-victims

William H. Bonney
21 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Bill Wyman, Elvis Pressley, Jerry Lee Lewis, were these "guys" any less corrupt, than those exposed now ?

Add Errol Flynn to that list. 

Not that there is a league table of depravity, but is Roman Polanski the worst known so far?

Convicted of raping and sodomising a 13 year old girl.  Despite this actors and actresses still queued up to work for him, including Ewan McGregor, who called him a nice man.   

He he was even awarded a lifetime achievement award by The Academy after the conviction.   He of course could not collect it as he was in exile, but he still got a standing ovation, including from the self righteous Meryl Streep.  

William H. Bonney
9 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Not that there is a league table of depravity, but is Roman Polanski the worst known so far?

Convicted of raping and sodomising a 13 year old girl.  Despite this actors and actresses still queued up to work for him, including Ewan McGregor, who called him a nice man.   

He he was even awarded a lifetime achievement award by The Academy after the conviction.   He of course could not collect it as he was in exile, but he still got a standing ovation, including from the self righteous Meryl Streep.  

Victor salva is the worst I reckon. 

William H. Bonney
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

And you're right about streep.

11 minutes ago, Paolo said:

With the award you could argue that they were separating the man from his work. Quite how anyone can applaud the ***** is beyond me though.

8 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Here's hoping that a Polanski situation (widespread approbation after being convicted of the rape of a minor) couldn't happen now given the way the climate has changed.

Just for info, he won Best Director Oscar for The Pianist in 2003, but, as far as I know, he didn't get a lifetime achievement award from the Academy. 

21 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Here's hoping that a Polanski situation (widespread approbation after being convicted of the rape of a minor) couldn't happen now given the way the climate has changed.

Just for info, he won Best Director Oscar for The Pianist in 2003, but, as far as I know, he didn't get a lifetime achievement award from the Academy. 

Could be wrong about the award.  He still could not collect it, and he still got that ovation.  

Hollywood at its most despicable. 

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I remember following the Michael Jackson case years ago as a lad. The way in which these cases are 

Never ceases to amaze me how some people still hold that paedophile  in high regard.

Americas Saville

2 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

Never ceases to amaze me how some people still hold that paedophile  in high regard.

Americas Saville

Found innocent though. 

Meant to say in that post that these cases should not be played out in public the way they are. Can't help the investigations at all apart from other people coming forward. 

15 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Found innocent though. 

Meant to say in that post that these cases should not be played out in public the way they are. Can't help the investigations at all apart from other people coming forward. 

This witch hunt and trial by media is quite alarming IMO.

The BBC has now scrapped an 'Agatha Christie' drama which was due to be aired at Christmas, because one of the actors has been accused of rape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41941904

Not one of the numerous actors implicated in any of these numerous accusations have had any charges levelled against them by the Police, yet we see films being re-shot, drama's being pulled and people's careers being totally trashed and often only on the say-so and the word of an accuser.

By all means strip them of this award and that award and scrap this show and that show, but at least do it once somebody has actually been found guilty of committing a crime.

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Louis C.K. has released a statement admitting that the allegations are true and apologizing.

He really likes himself 

56 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Louis C.K. has released a statement admitting that the allegations are true and apologizing.

He never realised that asking women if he cold get his dick out was wrong, apparently. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
10 minutes ago, Paolo said:

He never realised that asking women if he cold get his dick out was wrong, apparently. 

Yeah, apparently. Not the greatest apology I've seen.

10 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

But its true though

If you accept the bible as what the church wants, in the same way as the Koran with Islam,  and want people to live on Biblical terms, then you accept its OK to marry children and so on

If it was OK with God 2000 years ago , is there anything in scripture that says he has moved with the times and its now not OK with him?

Luckily I'm an atheist and don't have to struggle with conflicts

The stuff about Mary being 13 isn't even in the Bible -- it's an interpretation after the fact by evangelical Protestants. Betrothals at that age were common but marriages didn't always follow immediately after.

The precise way that scripture should be interpreted remains a point of wide disagreement across and within Christian and Islamic traditions. But in this case it's not even scripture, it's as one Twitter rant about this put it recently,  just religious fan fiction.

6 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Yeah, apparently. Not the greatest apology I've seen.

It's not great as an apology but (perhaps depressingly) it's also infinitely better than what most of the accused right now are coming out with.

3 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

It's not great as an apology but (perhaps depressingly) it's also infinitely better than what most of the accused right now are coming out with.

Certainly better than Spacey’s. 

4 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Found innocent though. 

Jackson was never innocent . Paid off one accuser and fled to the Middle East . Text book paedo. 

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

George Takei now accused by another man.  

And dd a woman has abused Sepp Blatter. 

Hope Solo the former USA Woman's Football Team Goalkeeper.

She has accused him of 'grabbing her ass' before an awards ceremony in 2013.

45 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

I'm not saying anyone has but I wonder when the first false accusation will arrise. 

As sure as night follows day it is only a matter of time before that happens, if indeed it hasn't already occurred.

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

George Takei now accused by another man.  

And dd a woman has abused Sepp Blatter. 

Of course, it was accused, not abused.  

No idea if she is double D or not either. 

2 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Richard Dreyfuss has been accused of exposing himself to a woman in the 1980's.

Another day and another accusation.

And after he got all righteous about Kevin Spacey feeling his son’s balls at a script reading. It’s like a giant, celebrity (forced) circle jerk. 

People aren't getting it are they.

It's the pedophilia and worse. It's who it would lead to out with Hollywood. Don't be sucked into the bull. Most of this is a distraction because they know their number is up if they can't distract. Some have been quietly and overtly trying to say something (as in, I did say something) for a while now but no one would have believed them. Again, don't be distracted.  the truth, they hope, can be concealed because the truth is to horrendous for most to contemplate. 

This was more than ten years ago.

6 hours ago, niblick1874 said:

People aren't getting it are they.

It's the pedophilia and worse. It's who it would lead to out with Hollywood. Don't be sucked into the bull. Most of this is a distraction because they know their number is up if they can't distract. Some have been quietly and overtly trying to say something (as in, I did say something) for a while now but no one would have believed them. Again, don't be distracted.  the truth, they hope, can be concealed because the truth is to horrendous for most to contemplate. 

This was more than ten years ago.

Let me guess, it's a world-wide paedophile ring being run from the basement of a Washington Pizzeria, which is behind all these accusations so as to deflect attention away from the big enchilada.

:conspiracy:

Seymour M Hersh
On 10/11/2017 at 19:27, Paolo said:

Surely it's only wrong if they say no, GTF, and he still does it. ::troll::

I've seen several tweets from journalists that the fake accusations are already rolling in by the dozen. The reputable ones work hard to check them out and get corroboration and re-check stories -- most of the fake accusations can't keep the story straight or there are huge holes in their stories.

That's why almost all the ones we're hearing about have like six victims ready to go on record and non-victims who knew what was going on ready to corroborate.

1 hour ago, Ugly American said:

I've seen several tweets from journalists that the fake accusations are already rolling in by the dozen. The reputable ones work hard to check them out and get corroboration and re-check stories -- most of the fake accusations can't keep the story straight or there are huge holes in their stories.

That's why almost all the ones we're hearing about have like six victims ready to go on record and non-victims who knew what was going on ready to corroborate.

The problem is, sooner or later the fake accusations will leak out into social media, once that happens we all know the result.

1 hour ago, Paolo said:

Accusations against Stallone now. 

An alleged incident in 1986 seemingly.

According to this, the girl made a report to the police but she didn't want to press charges so the case was dropped and the Police took no further action.

https://news.sky.com/story/sylvester-stallone-denies-reports-he-sexually-assaulted-16-year-old-fan-11129526

What I don't understand is why report it to the Police if you then don't want to press charges?

William H. Bonney
18 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

An alleged incident in 1986 seemingly.

According to this, the girl made a report to the police but she didn't want to press charges so the case was dropped and the Police took no further action.

https://news.sky.com/story/sylvester-stallone-denies-reports-he-sexually-assaulted-16-year-old-fan-11129526

What I don't understand is why report it to the Police if you then don't want to press charges?

Sounds like she's lying.