Harvey Weinstein & others - sexual assault

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

1 hour ago, redm said:

Thanks for posting this, and much kudos to the brave women who are speaking out. The more who speak out, the more who hopefully will.

As cosanostra points out, that reaction in Italy is unbelievable - what are some people like?

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paolo

• Seymour M Hersh

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Francis Albert

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
2 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Kevin Spacey is accused now too, pretty sure someone already ‘outed’ him on this thread a few pages ago.

He remembers nothing about the incident, except he was probably drunk. 

Aye, right. 

On 12/10/2017 at 14:42, Zico said:

Not just abuse of women but JKB hero James van der Beek and Terry Crews have said they’ve experienced similar things by male Hollywood big shots. And the rumours about Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey, amongst others, have been doing the rounds for years. 

Can’t say I’m shocked by the latest revelations...

53 minutes ago, Jefferson Davis Hogg said:

So he sexually abuses a child and covers it up by saying he's gay. Classy man. 

yep he is totally avoiding the fact Rapp was 14 at the time and using being drunk as an excuse along with the fact he says he doesn't remember it

Spacey's statement is bizarre. I've been to plenty of parties that I can't remember. Pretty sure I didn't assault anyone at any of them. The fact he's saying that he can't remember the incident but acknowledges that it might have happened seems to indicate that it isn't out of character.

6 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

Spacey's statement is bizarre. I've been to plenty of parties that I can't remember. Pretty sure I didn't assault anyone at any of them. The fact he's saying that he can't remember the incident but acknowledges that it might have happened seems to indicate that it isn't out of character.

He seems to thing that it is because he is gay and nothing to do win being sleazy. 

28 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

He is well known for being...aggressive with men/boys that he likes. Allegedly of course. 

I P Knightley
On 10/28/2017 at 02:31, bobsharp said:

Weinstein has his lawyers approach his company to have all records of his e mails and phone calls returned to him so that he can use them in his defence.  Either a bluff or he has good reason to believe that within them are contacts he has made with some of his accusers which he may believe that their contacts were consensual.   I guess when you have enough money you can pay whatever it takes to either buy off accusers or dig up enough to show they are of less than moral character.  The mistake most of us  make is we think we are all part of the same universe, but the unfortunate fact is we are not, and never having lived their life and had their finances we just do not think, act, or disrespect as they do.

Perhaps he has correspondence with some of his accusers but I somehow doubt that. He seems more of an opportunist and none of his victims has suggested any communication other than the 'meetings' in hotel rooms etc. 

There's a possibility that there's incriminating evidence against others in there, though. By making it know that he's using emails in his case, he could be laying down a marker for others.

(Complete wild-eyed loony speculation on my part, I admit!)

2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Wow. That Spacey statement.

Deflecting by coming out as gay. Absolutely shameful.

I thought he'd come out as gay donkeys ages ago - some time around when American Beauty was out. I don't follow much of your celebrity gossip but I would have put a good few quid on that if someone had offered odds. 

Using it in that statement is ridiculous - as is the rest of the statement. 

He's admitting there's a good chance he did it - not denying it, for sure - but he's trying to excuse himself for being (a) pissed and/or (b ) gay. What a *******!

19 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Perhaps he has correspondence with some of his accusers but I somehow doubt that. He seems more of an opportunist and none of his victims has suggested any communication other than the 'meetings' in hotel rooms etc. 

There's a possibility that there's incriminating evidence against others in there, though. By making it know that he's using emails in his case, he could be laying down a marker for others.

I thought he'd come out as gay donkeys ages ago - some time around when American Beauty was out. I don't follow much of your celebrity gossip but I would have put a good few quid on that if someone had offered odds. 

He's admitting there's a good chance he did it - not denying it, for sure - but he's trying to excuse himself for being (a) pissed and/or (b ) gay. What a *******!

One of the lesser known side effects of alcohol is that it turns you into an amnesic, homosexual paedophile rapist.

Quite a rare side effect though, so not listed on the labels

3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

I don’t think it’s so loony at all IP. If he retaliates in a major way when someone won’t let him touch their boobs, it’s a fair assumption that he’ll do almost anything now that he’s under the media spotlight with 50+ people throwing accusations his way. He sounds seriously toxic and spiteful. 

Also, he probably wants to know exactly what they have and what deets could ultimately be used as evidence against him I suppose. 

8 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Not even sure Frank Underwood would have come out with that statement 

Speaking of Frank Netflix have now announced they are axing House Of Cards

2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Speaking of Frank Netflix have now announced they are axing House Of Cards

Good excuse for them - the last season was crap. 

I P Knightley
55 minutes ago, Zico said:

Good excuse for them - the last season was crap. 

Last season should never have been commissioned - the series finished when she walked out the door (so I never watched the last season).

But now Netflix are saying that the decision on HoC has nothing to do with Spacey's reputation. If the decision had already been made, why wait until the day of Spacey's statement to make the announcement? Surely it could have waited for a month or two? I can't imagine many people criticising Netflix if they said that they didn't want to work with Spacey any more. 

p.s. am I imagining that I knew he is gay years ago? The way the press is covering it makes it sound as though yesterday was a big, surprise 'coming out'.

Edited by I P Knightley

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Last season should never have been commissioned - the series finished when she walked out the door (so I never watched the last season).

But now Netflix are saying that the decision on HoC has nothing to do with Spacey's reputation. If the decision had already been made, why wait until the day of Spacey's statement to make the announcement? Surely it could have waited for a month or two? I can't imagine many people criticising Netflix if they said that they didn't want to work with Spacey any more. 

p.s. am I imagining that I knew he is gay years ago? The way the press is covering it makes it sound as though yesterday was a big, surprise 'coming out'.

Spacey and Netflix are both doing a terrible job of conflating issues. Although one is clearly much more serious than the other.

There have been rumours about Spacey doing the rounds for years, both regarding his sexuality and his, eh...over-eagerness. But he had always denied rumours of the former due to wanting to keep his ‘privacy’. Until yesterday. 

conflation is the name of the game

the incident with the kid is really bad,

but much of the rest he is being accused off are more "clumsy propositions"

I would hate this to get passed the assault and rape discussion and into the realms of anyone who ever propositioned anyone is now accused of harassment.

Big difference between making a drunken pass at someone hoping for a quickie, and sexual assault

10 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

conflation is the name of the game

the incident with the kid is really bad,

but much of the rest he is being accused off are more "clumsy propositions"

I would hate this to get passed the assault and rape discussion and into the realms of anyone who ever propositioned anyone is now accused of harassment.

Big difference between making a drunken pass at someone hoping for a quickie, and sexual assault

"Big difference"? Nope. The whole thing is a grey area (and drunkenness of course is no excuse for anything). Context may be king. In general however, I agree that this is a tough tough subject, and that caution is required in defining where the boundaries are,

"anyone who ever propositioned anyone is now accused of harassment." Ok, so what is your opinion on a lassie who is sitting on a park bench and some random guy goes up to her and says "You've got lovely tits. Fancy a shag?!", carries on the same naff banter for a minute and then gives up and goes away. Should that be a criminal offence? I only ask because I had a female friend in London who told me that if she went to the park and sat down on a bench there for an hour or so, she would guarantee that she would be approached by at least a couple of guys in that time propositioning her. How do we stop that?

17 minutes ago, redjambo said:

"Big difference"? Nope. The whole thing is a grey area (and drunkenness of course is no excuse for anything). Context may be king. In general however, I agree that this is a tough tough subject, and that caution is required in defining where the boundaries are,

"anyone who ever propositioned anyone is now accused of harassment." Ok, so what is your opinion on a lassie who is sitting on a park bench and some random guy goes up to her and says "You've got lovely tits. Fancy a shag?!", carries on the same naff banter for a minute and then gives up and goes away. Should that be a criminal offence? I only ask because I had a female friend in London who told me that if she went to the park and sat down on a bench there for an hour or so, she would guarantee that she would be approached by at least a couple of guys in that time propositioning her. How do we stop that?

I'm not sure you can stop the second scenario.

I suppose it becomes harassment if she says she is not interested and he does not take the hint.

10 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I'm not sure you can stop the second scenario.

I suppose it becomes harassment if she says she is not interested and he does not take the hint.

I think the latter is getting there, certainly, but what if all day long men are approaching her? - each incident on its own might perhaps not be classed as harassment given that definition, but as a whole it would be pretty annoying for the lassie (even possibly having the psychological knock-on effect of making her not wanting to go out and suffer it).

Sorry that this may be deflecting the thread ever so slightly, but recently I read about this young woman - http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/woman-selfies-street-harrassers-harrassment-catcalls-men-instagram-noa-jansma-a7983991.html who, for a month, took pictures of all the guys who harassed her in the street, explaining in what way they harassed her. It's worth having a look.

William H. Bonney
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Seeking treatment for being a creepy *******.... :rofl:

He should probably be in prison. 

This is horrendous. This guy Victor Salva went on to make more films just a few years after being released from prison for sexually abusing a young boy. He did 15 months in total. So many things wrong about this.

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

I wonder when it's going to hit the music industry.

It's going to hit the whole entertainment industry. I watched a documentary about The Runaways (Joan Jett's first bad) and their manager Kim Fowley and he got away with some horrific behaviour including rape.

6 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It's going to hit the whole entertainment industry. I watched a documentary about The Runaways (Joan Jett's first bad) and their manager Kim Fowley and he got away with some horrific behaviour including rape.

you just need to look at the beast who was the manager of the bay city rollers and what he did

Bloody hell. Reads like a spy film or something. Absolutely terrifying.

”If I can’t control you, I’ll try and control what you can say or do, and what other people think of you.”

Doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, that’s the sort of behaviour you get from dangerously toxic and controlling people in all walks of life. The only difference is the scope, I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, redm said:

Bloody hell. Reads like a spy film or something. Absolutely terrifying.

”If I can’t control you, I’ll try and control what you can say or do, and what other people think of you.”

Doesn’t matter if you’re rich or poor, that’s the sort of behaviour you get from dangerously toxic and controlling people in all walks of life. The only difference is the scope, I suppose. 

Any lawyers involved in that kind of witness intimidation should be struck off

Kalamazoo Jambo

Ridley Scott is removing Kevin Spacey from the upcoming film 'All the Money in the World', and replacing him with Chrisropher Plummer. And the studio are still intending to hit a December 22 release date. It will be an incredible feat if they can pull that off in time (I've already seen the trailer, featuring Spacey, in the cinema).

The right thing to do from a moral perspective but I'm sure also a marketing perspective.

13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Charlie Sheen accused of raping Corey Haim when Haim was 13.

However it is being reported by The National Enquirer. Not a vessel best known for the truth. Despite that I believe there is no doubt Haim was abused in his short life.

rudi must stay
On 30/10/2017 at 06:12, Ibrahim Tall said:

Kevin Spacey is accused now too, pretty sure someone already ‘outed’ him on this thread a few pages ago.

Ridley Scott has decided to cut all his scenes from the movie 'All the Money in the World' so there could be some substance to the rumours. Netflix has also parted ways with him on House Of Cards

Edited by rudi must stay

Its one thing when predatory beasts prey on adults.

But children .

It breaks my heart those pieces of filth.

And although its coming out in mainstream its been known for a very long time the established paedophile rings in holywood.

Alluded to even in films like the godfather.

Its also spoken about in the high politics and the people who openly deal in paedophile artworks.

It does seem that child abuse is acceptable over many things and that is the outrage .

How is it that the decent majority have allowed this ?

And now Alabama GOP Senate nominee for the special election in November.  Seduced then molested a 14-year old girl when he was over 30, allegedly. Others coming forward now with the publication.

Moore is already widely known as one of the country's biggest nutcases. He's been thrown out of office twice because he kept trying to put monuments to the 10 Commandments on public property and has publicly said Muslim legislators shouldn't be allowed in Congress. But I admit while I would have betted on some adultery or something in his past, this still surprised me a bit.

But now if you want to be really sick to your stomach, here's the elected state auditor, a Moore ally:

4 minutes ago, Ugly American said:

And now Alabama GOP Senate nominee for the special election in November.  Seduced then molested a 14-year old girl when he was over 30, allegedly. Others coming forward now with the publication.

Moore is already widely known as one of the country's biggest nutcases. He's been thrown out of office twice because he kept trying to put monuments to the 10 Commandments on public property and has publicly said Muslim legislators shouldn't be allowed in Congress. But I admit while I would have betted on some adultery or something in his past, this still surprised me a bit.

But now if you want to be really sick to your stomach, here's the elected state auditor, a Moore ally:

The very fact that someone could think that the alleged molestation of a minor is  'much ado about very little', speaks volumes itself.

10 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The very fact that someone could think that the alleged molestation of a minor is  'much ado about very little', speaks volumes itself.

And then these people have the f---ing gall to turn around and lecture people about morality and sexual ethics.

From a different source Zeigler apparently also cited scripture and Mary being 13 when she became betrothed to Joseph. I mean where do you even start...