Top six wages and support, bottom six players

cousinsofnoone

Two questions...

First, what is a top six support, is there a league table for fans that I am not aware of? (Tongue in cheek question).

Second, are we actually paying wages in the top 50% of the league at the moment given our current outgoings of nearly ?14m on a new stand? (Genuine question).

Son Of Anarchy

Even with good coaching and high levels of fitness, there's going to be no easy fix.

Where you been? We missed ya. Honestly.

Two questions...

First, what is a top six support, is there a league table for fans that I am not aware of? (Tongue in cheek question).

Second, are we actually paying wages in the top 50% of the league at the moment given our current outgoings of nearly ?14m on a new stand? (Genuine question).

Our owner assured us that stadium redevelopment costs wouldn't impinge on the squad budget. We have to hope that was untrue as if what we've got just now is the best we can hope for we're well fecked

The Treasurer

Our owner assured us that stadium redevelopment costs wouldn't impinge on the squad budget. We have to hope that was untrue as if what we've got just now is the best we can hope for we're well fecked

Whatever she says you won't believe anyway 

Fair point. But given the structure of the club do we know where our squad budget currently ranks? There is a difference between setting a squad budget and agreeing not to come and reduce it down at a later point compared to it being low in relative terms to the turnover of the club in the first place.

My own guess is that our squad budget is comfortably in the top 50% of the top division but do we actually have any figures to confirm or back this up?

Whatever she says you won't believe anyway

Why so? Because I've doubts as to how the CL appointment played out?

I'm sure it played out exactly as she says :thumbsup:

I think bottom six players is perhaps harsh.

I'd be more inclined to say top six players applying themselves wrong. On another day we run out clear winners against Dundee the team is good enough to have merited a convincing win - but the fact is, we shot ourselves in the foot by not doing the basics right. 

Its no secret we're a bit thin on the ground at the moment - that much is clear for us all. But the squad we DO have is somewhat underachieving and capable of much better. I'm confident of that.

Bazzas right boot

Too many pissing Thier frillies.

We'll be top 6.i'd bet on that, in fact I think we'll be at least 5th after the home games, probably even 4th.

The reaction on here to defeats is bonkers.

Bowmans_Boot

We'll be top 6.i'd bet on that, in fact I think we'll be at least 5th after the home games, probably even 4th.

And even if we arent top 6, youll still enjoy your pint and your day, so eveythings good ?

FFS Tosh

:facepalm:

Bazzas right boot

And even if we arent top 6, youll still enjoy your pint and your day, so eveythings good ?

Of course.

It's Football,lad.

Perspective n' all.

But we will be, and I think even higher so I'll enjoy my pint more.

Maybe had an extra half pint to celebrate Hibs winning the Scottish Cup

I'd suggest folk who 'enjoy their pint and a day out, win lose or draw' are more bonkers than those who actually want to see their team winning and get a bit miffed when we don't (our club captain included it would seem).

Bazzas right boot

FFS Tosh

:facepalm:

If we're bottom six I'll eat ma shoe.

No ketchup.

Bowmans_Boot

Of course.

It's Football,lad.

Perspective n' all.

But we will be, and I think even higher so I'll enjoy my pint more.

There isnt a hell of a lot more important to me than Hearts. It is far more than just one of my pastimes.

Bowmans_Boot

Probably a bottle of Crabbies.

Bazzas right boot

I'd suggest folk who 'enjoy their pint and a day out, win lose or draw' are more bonkers than those who actually want to see their team winning and get a bit miffed when we don't (our club captain included it would seem).

Fair Doo's.

It's Football, enjoy the day.

If you only enjoy Winning and have a complete emotional breakdown after a defeat, I'd suggest Hearts are not for you, in fact Football may not be your thing.

Take the good with the bad.

We won't be bottom 6. Thread's like this are Just ridiculous.

Usual cl bandit's out in force, tho.

Bazzas right boot

Probably a bottle of Crabbies.

Rather that than the buckfast you no doubt gulp down with your "friends".

Bazzas right boot

You mention hibs and the sc win more than anyone I know.

Hibs fans don't go on about Thier win as much as you.

They also don't slag our team/ players/ managers as much as you.

Strange behaviour for a Hearts fan. Obsessed by hibs, mentions the cup win whenever possible and is on these boards more often than not after a defeat, spouting negative shite and having a go at other Hearts fans.

Very strange.

Anyway, whatever floats yer boat.

Bazzas right boot

Touch?!! Haha

Lol,. Had to google crabbies.

Not for me, tbh.

You mention hibs and the sc win more than anyone I know.

Hibs fans don't go on about Thier win as much as you.

They also don't slag our team/ players/ managers as much as you.

Strange behaviour for a Hearts fan. Obsessed by hibs, mentions the cup win whenever possible and is on these boards more often than not after a defeat, spouting negative shite and having a go at other Hearts fans.

Very strange.

Anyway, whatever floats yer boat.

You're the only Hearts fan I know that wanted Hibs to beat Rangers. No matter how hard it try, that's something I simply fail to understand

Absolutely staggering position to take

I wouldn't paint the whole squad with the same brush, we have some good players to build on, if we want to be at the right end of the table I'd be saying

McLaughlin

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Nobody

Callachan

Nobody

Nobody

Walker

Lafferty

Isma

I've not included Smith-brown or Hughes cause whats the point

Djoum could be a good player for us and fill one of those gaps but in recent times he's not been consistent, I'm talking before the injury of course

It's maybe early days for me to be including Callachan, McLaughlin and Smith but I've been very impressed

In terms of the bench I think Cowie is up to the task, Milinkovic, Grzelak and Stockton are a mystery at this point, the young lads coming through look good and Hamilton is good back up, anyone not mentioned shouldn't play any part in a top four side

I think we'll end up 5th this season and that would be about right for this group of players, we need depth and in midfield we need quality, I reckon next season is set up to be a good one with the deadwood shaken off and the stand paid for and a normal set of fixtures, imo this season we should really be in for the cup and try to develop into a team that get the basics right and grind out results

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

You're the only Hearts fan I know that wanted Hibs to beat Rangers. No matter how hard it try, that's something I simply fail to understand

I've explained it several times.

You do understand, you just don't agree.

It's been two seasons, get over it.

You must be a hoot when someone doesn't agree with you.

This thread has nothing to do with that game, yet somehow you work it in. Obsessed comes to mind.

Fair Doo's.

It's Football, enjoy the day.

If you only enjoy Winning and have a complete emotional breakdown after a defeat, I'd suggest Hearts are not for you, in fact Football may not be your thing.

Take the good with the bad.

We won't be bottom 6. Thread's like this are Just ridiculous.

Usual cl bandit's out in force, tho.

You do realise theres a MASSIVE gulf between a 'complete emotional breakdown', and being miffed at not being able to beat the Dundee's of this world yeah?

You're (totally unjustifiedly) making the assumption that everyone who considers it a bad result who doesn't shrug it off as 'oh well, least I had a good day out and got a pint' is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum.

Not sure what a 'CL Bandit' is mind you - but I'm confident I'm not one.

I've explained it several times.

You do understand, you just don't agree.

It's been two seasons, get over it.

You must be a hoot when someone doesn't agree with you.

This thread has nothing to do with that game, yet somehow you work it in. Obsessed comes to mind.

Bit like you lobbing Robbie into every thread eh Toshy :thumbsup:

Bazzas right boot

Bit like you lobbing Robbie into every thread eh Toshy :thumbsup:

Comparing waffling on about hibs sc win to the stern defence of our own Robbie , tut tut.

Not angry, just disappointed. :2thumbsup: 

Comparing waffling on about hibs sc win to the stern defence of our own Robbie , tut tut.

Not angry, just disappointed. :2thumbsup:

Our Robbie eh. This squad has been in decline since the start of 2016

"Our Robbie" left in November 2016

Ron Burgundy

Our away form for the last twenty years is nothing short of embarrassing.

We should be going to places like Dundee and Partick etc and win regularly not spouting pish about they are hard places to go blah blah blah and saying ''that was a great point/ we could have won that''

Our mentality is all wrong. That's why even a shite Rangers can win away more often than not, they are mentally up for it and believe they will win and they wont accept a pishy draw.

We should be going to places like Dundee and Partick etc and win regularly not spouting pish about they are hard places to go blah blah blah and saying ''that was a great point/ we could have won that''

Our mentality is all wrong. That's why even a shite Rangers can win away more often than not, they are mentally up for it and believe they will win and they wont accept a pishy draw.

The acceptance of mediocrity from lots of posters is an embarrassment to our club. Even more so is the level of commitment from our players. They should be ashamed to wear the Hearts jersey and give no less than 100%.

The fact that 2,000+ turn up to support the least talented bunch we have had for so many years, demonstrates the fans deserve much more.

However, until the Management start to raise the expectations nothing will change.

The acceptance of mediocrity from lots of posters is an embarrassment to our club. Even more so is the level of commitment from our players. They should be ashamed to wear the Hearts jersey and give no less than 100%.

The fact that 2,000+ turn up to support the least talented bunch we have had for so many years, demonstrates the fans deserve much more.

However, until the Management start to raise the expectations nothing will change.

Yip. Bang on.

I suspect much of ig is down to sentiment - "we almost didn't have a club to support". Losers mentality club needs to rid to be able to progress

This is going to come to a head shortly. Once stadium redevelopment is complete the squad needs serious unhindered investment. What's been allowed to happen in recruitment terms over last 2 years can't continue. As fans we're pumping proportionately more funds into the club than any other fan group in Scotland, yet we're being subjected to a squad assortment several tiers below what's acceptable

We're moving into a period where nothing less than a good strong third at least is acceptable. I'd say we're a million miles off that at present

The next 12 months will tell us much about the ambitions of those running things

Bazzas right boot

Our Robbie eh. This squad has been in decline since the start of 2016

"Our Robbie" left in November 2016

off topic, but he's still our robbie.

players leave, but they are still one of us.

Anyway, you continue to waffle on about hibs cup win and compare it to me waffling on and defending Robbie. Good stuff.

off topic, but he's still our robbie.

players leave, but they are still one of us.

Anyway, you continue to waffle on about hibs cup win and compare it to me waffling on and defending Robbie. Good stuff.

Your position on Hibs winning the Scottish Cup was an absolute disgrace for a Hearts supporter

That's all I've got to say

Bazzas right boot

I agree with this, but folk expecting that all to change after the last year we have had are in for a shock.

People like Berra and Lafferty are players that can bring the right mentality.

We are going in the right direction, although it does seem very slowly atm.

back on topic, we will be a top six side and imo a little higher this season.

We will have a year of improvement from last year and that will give us something to build on. The Cathro experiment failed and has set the playing side back quite allot.

Bazzas right boot

Your position on Hibs winning the Scottish Cup was an absolute disgrace for a Hearts supporter

That's all I've got to say

I'll sleep alright.

Your continued negativity about all things Hearts and harping on about hibs and the cup is a disgrace for a Hearts supporter, That's all I say on the matter.

I'll sleep alright.

Your continued negativity about all things Hearts and harping on about hibs and the cup is a disgrace for a Hearts supporter, That's all I say on the matter.

A Hearts fan concerned with evident regression compared to a Hearts fan who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup

Quite the comparison Toshy boy

Bazzas right boot

A Hearts fan concerned with evident regression compared to a Hearts fan who wanted Hibs to win the Scottish Cup

Quite the comparison Toshy boy

ahh you said more, shame.

I'll stop. if you want to discuss hibs sc win, have a flick back at the various threads.

Buffalo Bill

Our form from December to May last season would've had us in 11th place had we not already been propped up by a decent first four months of 2016/17, so in effect, sitting in 7th place without any games at Tynecastle is something of an improvement, although like everyone, I was dismayed at the way we conceded goals on Saturday at crucial points in the match. 

I don't think there's any doubt that the players' confidence is still in a fragile state but I'm confident that we'll steadily improve under Levein, and I have quite high hopes for that big run of home matches coming up starting next month.

I'm not exactly sure where we'll finish this season but I imagine it'll be somewhere between 5th and 7th, depending on our own form of course, but also the form of Motherwell, St Johnstone and Hibs.

I want us to finish in 1st place but if we were to finish 6th, I don't think that would be a disastrous season considering the upheaval of rebuilding after the Cathro era, and having a disjointed fixture list due to the on-going building work at Tynecastle.  

As I've said on other threads, I see this season as a stepping-stone season and now under Levein, it'll take a wee bit of time before we find our top gears. The feel-good factor of the new stand will hopefully remind the fans that the club is heading in the right direction and in a year or so, the money that we'll generate from an increase in attendances and turnover will allow us compete in a market for better players so that in effect, we can go to places like Dundee and Partick and feel much more confident of winning.

So I'm confident we'll 'get there'.

I think bottom six players is perhaps harsh.

I'd be more inclined to say top six players applying themselves wrong. On another day we run out clear winners against Dundee the team is good enough to have merited a convincing win - but the fact is, we shot ourselves in the foot by not doing the basics right.

Its no secret we're a bit thin on the ground at the moment - that much is clear for us all. But the squad we DO have is somewhat underachieving and capable of much better. I'm confident of that.

I think Saturday is a great example of a team still trying to find its way, maybe gradually playing better, but still showing the frailties that have dogged the team for a while.

Notably concentration.

I hate defeat but I think I'd be more concerned of what lies ahead if we hadn't at least reacted like we did 2nd half on Saturday and at Partick.

Even versus Aberdeen at MF.

The problem is letting 2nd half performances become the norm , become 2nd nature, for most of 90 minutes and from kick off more importantly.

We still start matches too stuffy and cagey.

Maybe the confidence isn't there yet but it's time for people to step up and be bolder. Show bigger character instead of waiting to throw caution to the wind when behind.

Need to impose ourselves much better.

Our form from December to May last season would've had us in 11th place had we not already been propped up by a decent first four months of 2016/17, so in effect, sitting in 7th place without any games at Tynecastle is something of an improvement, although like everyone, I was dismayed at the way we conceded goals on Saturday at crucial points in the match. 

I don't think there's any doubt that the players' confidence is still in a fragile state but I'm confident that we'll steadily improve under Levein, and I have quite high hopes for that big run of home matches coming up starting next month.

I'm not exactly sure where we'll finish this season but I imagine it'll be somewhere between 5th and 7th, depending on our own form of course, but also the form of Motherwell, St Johnstone and Hibs.

I want us to finish in 1st place but if we were to finish 6th, I don't think that would be a disastrous season considering the upheaval of rebuilding after the Cathro era, and having a disjointed fixture list due to the on-going building work at Tynecastle.  

As I've said on other threads, I see this season as a stepping-stone season and now under Levein, it'll take a wee bit of time before we find our top gears. The feel-good factor of the new stand will hopefully remind the fans that the club is heading in the right direction and in a year or so, the money that we'll generate from an increase in attendances and turnover will allow us compete in a market for better players so that in effect, we can go to places like Dundee and Partick and feel much more confident of winning.

So I'm confident we'll 'get there'.

Even in our fragile state and upheaval we should still be going to places like the above with a positive winning mentality. Even with money going to the stand our resources are more than Dundee and Partick combined.

As D4 says repeatedly - we hand the initiative to the opposition in almost every game. Where has this weak mentality came from, and who is going to change it??

Even in our fragile state and upheaval we should still be going to places like the above with a positive winning mentality. Even with money going to the stand our resources are more than Dundee and Partick combined.

As D4 says repeatedly - we hand the initiative to the opposition in almost every game. Where has this weak mentality came from, and who is going to change it??

Careful bud. You're getting perilously close to the truth.

Many can't handle the truth

Jesus.. get a life.

Archived