To the sheep

Mac80

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cornette:

I'm going to assume you have a point here.  With that in mind, what's your point?

We didn't lose a game against Aberdeen - and we didn't win either.  They got a point away from home.  And we're all supposed to give them the GIRUY treatment because of what, exactly?

I'm going to assume you have a point here. With that in mind, what's your point?

We didn't lose a game against Aberdeen - and we didn't win either. They got a point away from home. And we're all supposed to give them the GIRUY treatment because of what, exactly?

No GIRUY treatment.

Just a wale up call for them.

They thought they would steam roller us.

They didn't.

Simple as that mate.

I think that Ulysses' point is that we don't look to be too confident in ourselves as a club, and our comparison with regards to Aberdeen, if we're resorting with GIRUY's to a team just because we drew with them at home. It's the sort of thing you could imagine a small club doing to a larger club. And I tend to agree.

No GIRUY treatment.

They didn't.

Simple as that mate.

We drew with them at home.  That's not something for which we get bragging rights.  In fact, more often than not that kind of result would give THEM bragging rights.  I'd be inclined to go along with redjambo's take, and after a result like that we should be quietly relieved and hope we make progress, rather than telling Aberdeen (who are no "big team") that we're coming for them.

We have quite a lot to prove.

Nobody said GIRFUY to anyone :lol: :lol: :lol:

Read the first post again. Not sure how you can come to a conclusion I am suggesting that I'm getting up them cause of a draw....

Encouraging performance Saturday, another clean sheet too. Bar the early penalty shout, didn't feel we were in much danger against two forwards likely to score 20 each this season.

Early days, but I did think we'd get a going over, so I'm relieved.

zoltan socrates

Loving the confidence and the optimism on here! Actually it's refreshing in the hands of a good manager we have a squad capable of top four and a good cup run. Let's take it one game at a time tho. And remember aberdeen are still a very good side. They have a top keeper. They have a very fine first choice midfield. (especially Shinnie!) And in terms of attack they look really strong. Strength depth and quality all over I'm afraid.

Let's just focus on the next game and take it from their!

you didnt finish your last sentence, take it from their what?

When all is said and done that was a great improved performance. If this was last season under Cathro I dread to think - only 1 game in under Craig and what a difference

A vast vast improved performance and it is great to see - the players played with confidence for the first time in a long time - of course there would be moments in the game where it didn't flow completely but the 2nd half Hearts were a different animal ... we didn't let the sheep play and could have won that game

Let's not get ahead of ourselves but it was great to see ... good times lie ahead and it looks like we will be getting our swagger back soon

Well done Craig and the boys for that performance

IveSeenTheLight

Yous got away with one yesterday.

Are yous really as good as you think you are or what hype suggest?

We are on our way back and we are coming for you.

Yes, in hindsight, we were lucky and you had the better opportunities.

Probably should have scored, save for Lewis fantastic performance in goals

We should have had a penalty early doors and if given, I'm sure the game would have been very different

Setting up as a 5-3-1-1 at home on a tight Tynecastle dimension pitch worked in your favour.

I hope you do kick on and get all 3 points when SevCo comes to Murrayfield, but will continue to watch and see if your tactics work against other teams and "away" from home

We should have had a penalty early doors and if given, I'm sure the game would have been very different

Setting up as a 5-3-1-1 at home on a tight Tynecastle dimension pitch worked in your favour.

I hope you do kick on and get all 3 points when SevCo comes to Murrayfield, but will continue to watch and see if your tactics work against other teams and "away" from home

Fair reflection.

When all is said and done that was a great improved performance. If this was last season under Cathro I dread to think - only 1 game in under Craig and what a difference

A vast vast improved performance and it is great to see - the players played with confidence for the first time in a long time - of course there would be moments in the game where it didn't flow completely but the 2nd half Hearts were a different animal ... we didn't let the sheep play and could have won that game

Let's not get ahead of ourselves but it was great to see ... good times lie ahead and it looks like we will be getting our swagger back soon

Well done Craig and the boys for that performance

Need to replicate it on Saturday

Yup you are correct about the pen however we had two really good shouts for a pen, Walker taken down in the box also a blicked shot that hit a defenders arm. None of this mentioned , CT by the way was a nightmare of a ref .

Ur 100% right no question

we do need to treat all games like it is a cup final so complacency doesn't set in .... but the boys proved they can do it, that's the main thing

IveSeenTheLight

According to Social Media the Dons fans reckon we kicked them off the park . The only horrendous tackle in the game was Mays one .

Sour grapes from them, they wee on the ropes the last 15 mins

Agreed, May's tackle was a very poor one and "professional" to stop your counter attack.

You guys are very cute at disrupting play and getting away with it ;)

IveSeenTheLight

No GIRUY treatment.

They didn't.

Simple as that mate.

I recall predicting a draw on here, never thought it would be easy

Yes, in hindsight, we were lucky and Hearts created the better opportunities. should have scored, save for Lewis fantastic performance in goals

We should have had a penalty early doors and if given We don't really know what would have happened as its hypothetical really

Setting up as a 5-3-1-1 at home on a tight Tynecastle dimension pitch worked in your favour. Playing 5 across the back you still managed to create more opportunities than us throughout the whole game

I hope you do kick on and get all 3 points when SevCo comes to Murrayfield, but will continue to watch and see if your tactics work against other teams and "away" from home however I might add that technically you were also away from home as you don't regularly play on Murrayfield so it was more like a neautral venue given the support we had with us .. no real advantage gained

FTFY ISTL

Agreed, May's tackle was a very poor one and "professional" to stop your counter attack.

Says someone who's manager has turned 'game management' into an art form !!!

My mate from Aberdeen says hardly any Aberdeen fans are from the central belt and vast majority travel down every week!!! I was pissin myself at half time when they unfurled the Livingston supporters club flag ???? Quick photo sent to him asking about this new Aberdeen suburb. He did grudgingly say we were the better team second half but only because McInnes changed his formation!! Blah blah blah. the best way to piss them off and shut them up is by telling them "your manager is a massive Hun and would drop you like a stone if offered the rangers job" they know this is the case and it hurts them

And you guys with Wright, Mclean, Shinnie and especially May just fall down on the ball when there is no contact at all and getting away with it.

My mate from Aberdeen says hardly any Aberdeen fans are from the central belt and vast majority travel down every week!!! I was pissin myself at half time when they unfurled the Livingston supporters club flag ???? Quick photo sent to him asking about this new Aberdeen suburb. He did grudgingly say we were the better team second half but only because McInnes changed his formation!! Blah blah blah. the best way to piss them off and shut them up is by telling them "your manager is a massive Hun and would drop you like a stone if offered the rangers job" they know this is the case and it hurts them

Aberdeen are very cute at going down like they've been shot and getting away with it..

Their no world beaters thats for sure, BUT they have a manager who knows what hes doing and has a very decent squad on his hands. They will feel pleased to have played so poorly yet still head up the road with a point.

One swallow.... and all that. We were good as we have been before against Aberdeen but we still haven't managed it consistently throughout a season. 

Lets give it a few months and if we are competing consistently like we did on Saturday we can come back to this thread.

IveSeenTheLight

And you guys with Wright, Mclean, Shinnie and especially May just fall down on the ball when there is no contact at all and getting away with it.

Aberdeen are very cute at going down like they've been shot and getting away with it..

Its interesting how we all have differing perceptions.

You were clearly set up to disrupting the flow of Aberdeen, even down to Grzalek (spelling?) jumping around like a fish out of water to stop Lewis throwing the ball out, which Thomson again did nothing about.

It worked on Saturday. It works on a small tight pitch, but yet to be seen if this works consistently across the whole season.

You'll play that way against Celtic, Aberdeen, SevCo and possibly Hibs, but won't be so defensive against other teams in the league

Their no world beaters thats for sure, BUT they have a manager who knows what hes doing and has a very decent squad on his hands. They will feel pleased to have played so poorly yet still head up the road with a point.

Its true, on reflection and hindsight, it was a point gained.

Were still equal top, undefeated and hopefully back to winning ways next week.

I feel Saturday's performance shows just how badly we underperformed under Cathro. As much as I wanted him to succeed, that performance was night and day compared to the second half of last season and imho shows that we are probably far closer to being a team which can compete for 2nd than we realise. Aberdeen have not been to Parkhead or Ibrox yet - we have. If results go our way when they do, then the 8 point gap is potentially reduced to two. Also the run of home games in November and December could be very significant.

You were clearly set up to disrupting the flow of Aberdeen, even down to Grzalek (spelling?) jumping around like a fish out of water to stop Lewis throwing the ball out, which Thomson again did nothing about.

It worked on Saturday. It works on a small tight pitch, but yet to be seen if this works consistently across the whole season.

You'll play that way against Celtic, Aberdeen, SevCo and possibly Hibs, but won't be so defensive against other teams in the league

Yeah it's surprising that you did not hear in the north stand Shinnie squealing like a banshee and had broken his leg when walker tackled him on half way line. Clearly heard in the east stand. Certainly influenced Thompson into giving a free kick and a booking. Then Shinnie jumps up like a spring lamb still bleating away......

Hearts Aberdeen

53% 47% possession

18 10. Shots

9. 4. On target

10. 2. Corners

What's so defensive about that?

I was pissin myself at half time when they unfurled the Livingston supporters club flag ???? 

That flag was up for the start of the game but then went AWOL during the first half only to return later.  I reckon he took it with him when he went for a pish incase it got nicked.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You cant say that with a straight face? May and McLean must be the softest players in Scotland. Zephyr Zak would knock them down let alone Hurricane Irma. You were outplayed for the final 60 minutes, clinging on and pulled on an extra defender to cope.

Most Aberdeen fans have had the good grace to admit these points today, a wake up call I believe. When placed against quality opposition as in Cyprus and on Saturday, Aberdeen don't look quite so good.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I feel Saturday's performance shows just how badly we underperformed under Cathro. As much as I wanted him to succeed, that performance was night and day compared to the second half of last season and imho shows that we are probably far closer to being a team which can compete for 2nd than we realise. Aberdeen have not been to Parkhead or Ibrox yet - we have. If results go our way when they do, then the 8 point gap is potentially reduced to two. Also the run of home games in November and December could be very significant.

You are correct. Prior to Cathro we had Neilson undefeated in 4 to Aberdeen including 3 wins on the bounce. Cathro managed to tear that whole resilience down.

It took 20 mins for Levein to take a look at Aberdeen and get Hearts dominating the play again.

IveSeenTheLight

Hearts Aberdeen

53% 47% possession

18 10. Shots

9. 4. On target

10. 2. Corners

What's so defensive about that?

You played 5-3-1-1.

Do you think you will play that formation at home to Hamilton, Partick, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Dundee or St Johnstone?

Yes, you dominated in the second half to get those stats, I just don't think you'll deploy that in the games I listed above

IveSeenTheLight

You cant say that with a straight face? May and McLean must be the softest players in Scotland. Zephyr Zak would knock them down let alone Hurricane Irma. You were outplayed for the final 60 minutes, clinging on and pulled on an extra defender to cope.

What extra defender?

Reynolds replaced ball, both defenders

Earlier, Maynard replaced Rooney (both strikers) and GMS replaced Wright (both attacking midfielders)

As for the fouls, stop committing them. If there is no contact, the claims you guys make would see them booked for simulation.

Most Aberdeen fans have had the good grace to admit these points today, a wake up call I believe. When placed against quality opposition as in Cyprus and on Saturday, Aberdeen don't look quite so good.

I admitted you dominated the second half and were unlucky not to score and indeed it was a point gained for us.

I would also say you were not as good as Apollon Limassol, lets see if you continue this good run of 1 game that you are on

Need to replicate it on Saturday

This is what it comes down to for me.

We need to see some consistency and some back to back 'performances' before i'm ready to start believing we're heading in the right direction.

Here's hoping though!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

What extra defender?

Earlier, Maynard replaced Rooney (both strikers) and GMS replaced Wright (both attacking midfielders)

As for the fouls, stop committing them. If there is no contact, the claims you guys make would see them booked for simulation.

I admitted you dominated the second half and were unlucky not to score and indeed it was a point gained for us.

I would also say you were not as good as Apollon Limassol, lets see if you continue this good run of 1 game that you are on

Ball was sitting in front of the back 3. You threw on an extra defender.

I would imagine Limassol are better than Hearts, but then that wasn't the debate. Was it? Your ignorance and even of your own team let alone ours, knows very little bounds.

Don't you worry about our run, because we aren't on one. Dropping 2 points on Saturday, because they were dropped points, a point against Aberdeen is not exciting. A far more positive performance but plenty to work on, but with the level of player we have, we should be killing these games.

You played 5-3-1-1.

Do you think you will play that formation at home to Hamilton, Partick, Ross County, Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Dundee or St Johnstone?

Yes, you dominated in the second half to get those stats, I just don't think you'll deploy that in the games I listed above

Was hardly a flat back 5 though was it?

IveSeenTheLight

Was hardly a flat back 5 though was it?

In the first half, I would have said yes.

In the second your wing backs were allowed further forward

Agreed. It was quite clearly 3 centre halfs and 2 wing backs.

The disappointing thing for me was how Logan did not take Grzalek on.

There was many occasions where I thought Logan had the space and pace to knock the ball beyond him and take it to the line, but preferred to cut back and go inside

You played 5-3-1-1.

Yes I think we will deploy this system against the teams you mention. I think these teams are very similar to Aberdeen and I dont think we have to do anything different other than against Celtic. The formation is not set in stone and is fluid during the course of the game becoming a 352 at times and it certainly didnt stop us penning Aberdeen back all 2nd half. Its only one game and we didnt get the win we should have so we will see how things go in the next few weeks before making any predictions on turning the corner.

You played 5-3-1-1.

Look I'm not having a go or being pedantic but we played 3-5-1-1 not 5-3-1-1 which is essentially a flat back 5. our wing backs were bombing ahead for most of the game and was part of an attacking pressing formation designed to push u back - that was evident after we were sitting completely off you for the first 20 mins before we stepped up our lines

I'm also not arguing that we may change things against other teams but this formation may still work for us moving forward .. the players we have fit the formation used

It was the point you made about us being defensive, in other words, we ground out a result as opposed to having a real go at ur team.. that wasn't a defensive performance or formation we used ... that's been the best pressing high tempo football we have played for as long as I can remember

We bullied you's at times so if we can do that to you we can do it against other teams ... Aberdeen are a very good side, 2nd best in the league without a shadow of a doubt and have signed some really good players but like I said, we had u on the ropes for most of the game

Thank god someone has dealt with the "defensive" nonsense.. I've predicted we'd put Aberdeen back in their box sooner or later.. Suspect it will be sooner..

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

What extra defender?

Hoe about you gtf off this forum? If I wanted to read anti hearts bs I would visit a hibs forum.

I don't care about you being entitled to your opinion either..this is a hearts fans forum and you're on it constantly posting when you aren't even a hearts fan.

Seymour M Hersh

We drew with them at home.  That's not something for which we get bragging rights.  In fact, more often than not that kind of result would give THEM bragging rights.  I'd be inclined to go along with redjambo's take, and after a result like that we should be quietly relieved and hope we make progress, rather than telling Aberdeen (who are no "big team") that we're coming for them.

We have quite a lot to prove.

No we didn't.

Seymour M Hersh

Rich coming from a team whose players go down poleaxed if someone breathes too heavily on them.

Look I actually quite enjoy your posts to be fair and have no problem with your input but come on. The stats don't lie. We certainly were not defensive. Could argue that you were after 20 or so minutes. We have just came off a catastrophic 9 months and maybe started a bit tentatively but remember this was an away game for us as well. I'm not jumping through any hoops but it's encouraging to create so much and be so disciplined defensively against the 2nd best side in the league.

To claim we were defensive is way off the mark

The whole idea of football is surely to stop the opposite team imposing their game while being able to impose your game on them.Sounds exactly what we done Saturday.

That was one of the pleasing aspects of our performance tbh . We were far to nice under Cathro , it was good to see us be a bit more street wise when we turned over possession, all be it a bit more subtly than May , lol

All in all it was a great advert for Scottish football . Two very decent teams playing football in the right manner , thoroughly enjoyed it

You played 5-3-1-1.

The only time we genuinely had 5 at the back was in the first 25 to 30 mins. Apart from that it was more like a 3-5-2 and we completely dominated you in terms of efforts at goal, possession and corners.

It was Aberdeen who were doing all the defending mate no matter how many times you say 5-3-1-1???

The way this game is being talked about you would think it was a 3 or 4 nil drubbing in the champions league final ffs. The bottom line is the idea is scoring more goals than the opposition, the most important stat would suggest neither team figured out a way of doing so.

Archived