To the sheep

Mac80

Yous got away with one yesterday.

Are yous really as good as you think you are or what hype suggest?

We are on our way back and we are coming for you.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlphonseCapone

Should read their match thread. They challenge Hibs for bitterness and delusion. At least Hibs have Heroin as an excuse.

They have had an easy start to the season having played a bunch of bottom 6 clubs until us. They have been pretty lucky in a few of these games too.

Once we have played a few more games we should soon find out. I do feel that going forward they will be good & probably haven't really clicked yet. They have the best keeper in the league which over the course of a season makes a huge difference.

Should read their match thread. They challenge Hibs for bitterness and delusion. At least Hibs have Heroin as an excuse.

Yeah a lot of them are stuck in a time warp, they had a phenomenal period of success in the 80's and still believe they are superior to most other teams in Scotland.  

They've been unbearable recently. Was getting predictions of 0-5 and the like before yesterday. They've been pumped out of Europe and played nobody of any note till yesterday. Missing Hayes and McGinn who were the main threat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aye but that sheep dips potent gear as well....takes you back 1980 and leaves you there.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Loving the confidence and the optimism on here! Actually it's refreshing in the hands of a good manager we have a squad capable of top four and a good cup run. Let's take it one game at a time tho. And remember aberdeen are still a very good side. They have a top keeper. They have a very fine first choice midfield. (especially Shinnie!) And in terms of attack they look really strong. Strength depth and quality all over I'm afraid.

Let's just focus on the next game and take it from their!

Any time they have a half decent season they think they're world beaters.

Yep.. Quickly managed to forget they have been absolutely pony for 3 decades.. Derek's McInnes is the only manager to get a tune from them since the early 90s.

Ive no doubt at all they will be in the shadows before long.. Once the financial constraints and the benefits of the new main stand are realised they won't be a threat

According to Social Media the Dons fans reckon we kicked them off the park . The only horrendous tackle in the game was Mays one .

Sour grapes from them, they wee on the ropes the last 15 mins

Loving the confidence and the optimism on here! Actually it's refreshing in the hands of a good manager we have a squad capable of top four and a good cup run. Let's take it one game at a time tho. And remember aberdeen are still a very good side. They have a top keeper. They have a very fine first choice midfield. (especially Shinnie!) And in terms of attack they look really strong. Strength depth and quality all over I'm afraid.

Let's just focus on the next game and take it from their!

The thing with Aberdeen is that, luckily, they are currently not as good as the sum of their parts would be. As someone else has pointed out, the teams they faced before us were all bottom of the table clubs and Aberdeen's results and performances against those teams were not astounding, particularly defensively. We have been their stiffest opposition to date and they were found wanting. It's a bit like the emperor's new clothes - their reputation is not being matched by their performances so far. I assume that they will start gelling later on into the season, but for the moment, although only on the back of one game, we definitely look to be at their level and that's a very promising sign. I look forward to challenging for 2nd place.

Lets not get to carried away. A very encouraging performance, one game at a time.

Definitely mate.

Good to knock them down a peg though.

Lucille's Thirsty

I'd love to be in their position though and we're capable of that and much more just need to get the balance right.

Let's not forget we're Hearts, it won't be easy for any other team to come to Edinburgh and take points off us.

Yeah a lot of them are stuck in a time warp, they had a phenomenal period of success in the 80's and still believe they are superior to most other teams in Scotland.  

To any Hearts fan aged up to their late 20s, Aberdeen are just another club along the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee, Motherwell etc with only difference being they take decent away travelling supports. Anyone in that age group has seen Hearts win 3 Scottish cups to Aberdeens 0. They have had a good spell of consistency over the past few seasons helped by Rangers demise but the bravado they still carry from 3 decades ago is embarrassing.  

They got away with one yesterday. However it was great the so may came to make the day and show them weegie gits that there are other teams who can attract big crowds. 

Son Of Anarchy

Deluded ****wits with a chip on their shoulder. Can't disagree they brought a good crowd across/down so thanks for the revenue dandies ;) as for their match analysis??? More deluded than the Leith jakebaws. They should have won easily, we are cloggers, no they don't dive ever, we were lucky. I had no banter at all, they were not happy and didn't take well to me laughing at them. **** them :)

We played well yesterday and deserved to win the game but we are already 8 points behind Aberdeen and in my opinion they still have a better squad to finish above us over a season.

There is no reason why we cannot finish 4th this season tho based on that performance. Will be between us Hibs and Stjohnstone imo for fourth place

Got off the train at Haymarket before the game and one fat codpiece and his boot of a bursd were giving it large on the platform about what they were going to do to us.

Would have enjoyed seeing their fat twisted coupons on the train West......yeah West not North !

Fuds.

Getting the 5.41 from Haymarket which ends up in Aberdeen there was more sheep on platform 4 than boarding the Aberdeen train.

According to Social Media the Dons fans reckon we kicked them off the park . The only horrendous tackle in the game was Mays one .

Sour grapes from them, they wee on the ropes the last 15 mins

Did they expect us to just let them knock it around like they did early in the game. We done exactly the right thing in roughing it up a bit to allow us back in the game (nothing bad just being professional breaking play up when required and in Berra, Hughes etc we've good experience in that side of the game). They had no plan B after that and offered nothing in the second half.

To any Hearts fan aged up to their late 20s, Aberdeen are just another club along the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee, Motherwell etc with only difference being they take decent away travelling supports. Anyone in that age group has seen Hearts win 3 Scottish cups to Aberdeens 0. They have had a good spell of consistency over the past few seasons helped by Rangers demise but the bravado they still carry from 3 decades ago is embarrassing.

This is it

Aberdeen ran out of ideas after about 25 minutes.? As our confidence grew we became more and more confident. Once our fitness and confidence is fully up to speed we will take a few goals off quite a lot of teams.

We played well yesterday and deserved to win the game but we are already 8 points behind Aberdeen and in my opinion they still have a better squad to finish above us over a season.

There is no reason why we cannot finish 4th this season tho based on that performance. Will be between us Hibs and Stjohnstone imo for fourth place

Aye they have had a solid start to the season right enough

Aye they have had a solid start to the season right enough

Against teams (before our game) that will probably end up in the bottom six.

And you come up with that 4th place after 5 games? Remember the difference in where we were with Robbie and how we ended up with Cathro - there's most of the season to go yet and second place is more than attainable if we get it right and keep improving.

A sensible perspective. Yesterday was encouraging and hopefully the start of us playing in a manner that is far more likely to see us picking up points and climbing the league. We need to see some continuity in selection and we need to see our key attacking players start to play consistently well. 3 goals in 5 games isn't nearly good enough and despite dominating yesterday we failed to capitalize. To win 8-10 points out of the next 4 games; Hamilton, Patrick, Dundee and Ross County which should be a minimum target then we have to start scoring goals.

I totally agree with your assessment of how the standings are likely to pan out now that we have Levein in the managers seat. Both St Johnstone and Hibs are solid and we are going to be competing with both for the bottom half of the top 6.

And you come up with that 4th place after 5 games? Remember the difference in where we were with Robbie and how we ended up with Cathro - there's most of the season to go yet and second place is more than attainable if we get it right and keep improving.

Erm yes after 5 games I think it's pretty clear as to how this season will pan out already.

Get the maroon glasses off mate there is absolutely no chance we can finish second in the league with our squad compared to Aberdeen and Rangers.

We played very well yesterday but needed to win to get closer to Aberdeen.

The difference between us under Robbie and Cathro last year is not really a comparison as neither Aberdeen nor Rangers are likely to fall from second place to 5th place as we did.

Tell you what I will predict my top 6 and you predict yours and we will see who is closest.

Yous got away with one yesterday.

Are yous really as good as you think you are or what hype suggest?

We are on our way back and we are coming for you.

Thought they were pretty ordinary. 2nd best team in Scotland my ****

A sensible perspective. Yesterday was encouraging and hopefully the start of us playing in a manner that is far more likely to see us picking up points and climbing the league. We need to see some continuity in selection and we need to see our key attacking players start to play consistently well. 3 goals in 5 games isn't nearly good enough and despite dominating yesterday we failed to capitalize. To win 8-10 points out of the next 4 games; Hamilton, Patrick, Dundee and Ross County which should be a minimum target then we have to start scoring goals.

I totally agree with your assessment of how the standings are likely to pan out now that we have Levein in the managers seat. Both St Johnstone and Hibs are solid and we are going to be competing with both for the bottom half of the top 6.

Yes goals so far is definitely a bit of a concern although maybe only Lafferty chance yesterday was down to poor finishing all the rest were great saves. I hope we can now go to Hamilton and Partick in the next games and still create the same chances and not sit back too much as these are the games we have to win. Aberdeen are the benchmark for Hearts and they have won at both already this season

Erm yes after 5 games I think it's pretty clear as to how this season will pan out already.

Get the maroon glasses off mate there is absolutely no chance we can finish second in the league with our squad compared to Aberdeen and Rangers.

We played very well yesterday but needed to win to get closer to Aberdeen.

The difference between us under Robbie and Cathro last year is not really a comparison as neither Aberdeen nor Rangers are likely to fall from second place to 5th place as we did.

Tell you what I will predict my top 6 and you predict yours and we will see who is closest.

Fair enough, although I disagree. I don't think you understand where I'm coming from though - there's no way I could, or would want to, predict a top 6 this early in the game. I can predict who will end up in first place, and perhaps have a decent stab at who will end up in the top six, but that's all. There could be any of 4 or 5 teams challenging for second.

The comparison with Robbie/Cathro is to show that changes in management can cause marked improvements (and reductions, last year) in form. Although he's new in the (dressing room) door, CL could have us challenging for second, and I say that even after the first five games of which, I hasten to point out, four have been away from home.

Yes goals so far is definitely a bit of a concern although maybe only Lafferty chance yesterday was down to poor finishing all the rest were great saves. I hope we can now go to Hamilton and Partick in the next games and still create the same chances and not sit back too much as these are the games we have to win. Aberdeen are the benchmark for Hearts and they have won at both already this season

Aberdeen played Hamilton at Pittodrie.

Mibbes just a "dip" in form.

Not to be confused with a "Dippin' forum" which is a sub-forum of the main Codheid's fan forum.

Whether you like them or loathe them, that was an incredible traveling support to bring down for a league game...

Don't dispute your point but one thing that's often overlooked when folks (esp BBC radio Scotland) talk about their travelling support is just how poor their home support can be when compared. I've always believed this is because their success in the eighties gave rise to a lot of fair weather fans round the country who cling onto the Fergie success and will turn out for games in the central belt. Know that was the case at our school and still know a number of Edinburgh/Glasgow based 'dons fans' that snap up the chance to see them down here but wouldn't think of season tickets or travelling for home games

millerjames398

Getting the 5.41 from Haymarket which ends up in Aberdeen there was more sheep on platform 4 than boarding the Aberdeen train.

I noticed that as well..i was waiting on the dunblane service...*** loads of them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Fair enough, although I disagree. I don't think you understand where I'm coming from though - there's no way I could, or would want to, predict a top 6 this early in the game. I can predict who will end up in first place, and perhaps have a decent stab at who will end up in the top six, but that's all. There could be any of 4 or 5 teams challenging for second.

The comparison with Robbie/Cathro is to show that changes in management can cause marked improvements (and reductions, last year) in form. Although he's new in the (dressing room) door, CL could have us challenging for second, and I say that even after the first five games of which, I hasten to point out, four have been away from home.

I would predict with utter confidence that Aberdeen/Rangers will finish in 2nd and 3rd though I'm not sure which way round. I can also predict that neither Hearts nor Hibs nor St Johnstone will be competing for 2nd this season. 2nd is a 2 horse race in my view. If we take 4th ahead of them then Levein will have done his job in the 2017-18 season. I'm hoping we can do far better than we have recently in the Scottish Cup with further new additions in January to assist with that.

Apologies they did in the league but beat Hamilton away from home in the cup

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the League Cup game. Thanks.

I would predict with utter confidence that Aberdeen/Rangers will finish in 2nd and 3rd though I'm not sure which way round. I can also predict that neither Hearts nor Hibs nor St Johnstone will be competing for 2nd this season. 2nd is a 2 horse race in my view. If we take 4th ahead of the then Levein will have done his job in the 2017-18 season. I'm hoping we can do far better than we have recently in the Scottish Cup with further new additions in January to assist with that.

Fair enough. Let's see how it pans out. If we look as if we are going to start challenging for second, are you going to hope we start losing some games and drop a couple of places so that you can say "told you so!" when we revisit this at the end of the season? ;)

Fair enough. Let's see how it pans out. If we look as if we are going to start challenging for second, are you going to hope we start losing some games and drop a couple of places so that you can say "told you so!" when we revisit this at the end of the season? ;)

Obviously not, that would be stupid. I don't make predictions on what I want to happen though, I make them on what I see in front of my own eyes and am able to acknowledge the significant shortcomings in our squad. I'm hoping that Levein will soon bring in better in some key areas.

Perhaps however, you will acknowledge that we were never in the shake up for 2nd when we finish a country mile behind. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Wouldn't be saying we are coming for anyone yet.

But i was very disappointed with the defeatist attitude going into the match.

Aberdeen are good but are vastly over hyped in a one team league.

They are pretty consistent but nowhere near as powerful as the media would have us believe simply to pretend there's some interest.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hey S G, did you meet up with your chum ISTL? Maybe a few drinks, romantic meal? Or did you just wait till you both got home?

:lol:

No didn't see him. I do hope he is alright

Archived