Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )

jumpship

"I got the answer I wanted so that's the end of it forever so shut up".

Democracy in action, ladies and gentlemen.

:gok:

• Replies 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• ri Alban

• Cade

• Victorian

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Cade said:

"I got the answer I wanted so that's the end of it forever so shut up".

Democracy in action, ladies and gentlemen.

:gok:

Or alternatively lets keep having referendums until the result goes my way....

Yeah that is democratic isn't it? :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Or alternatively lets keep having referendums until the result goes my way....

Yeah that is democratic isn't it? :rolleyes:

5 years have passed, 2 G.E and 3 Tory PMs. One Brexit and a Devolution powergrab. Let's ask again! 

That's right, YES Wins!!! And you know it.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 hours ago, frankblack said:

Your maths is a bit wonky pal.  If remain had 62% of the UK referendum they would have won it.

OK. 

Pal. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

5 years have passed, 2 G.E and 3 Tory PMs. One Brexit and a Devolution powergrab. Let's ask again! 

That's right, YES Wins!!! And you know it.

:rofl:

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, Boris said:

So if a majority vote for independence that’s somehow undemocratic????

It is when a decision on independence was already  made, not that difficult to understand Boris.

Or am i missing something.

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

It is when a decision on independence was already  made, not that difficult to understand Boris.

This conversation gets really really boring, as does the pretence that the other side don't understand.

A democratic conversation never stops, everyone knows that.

And no, I'd have no problem with the conversation continuing post independence - if enough people wanted a union with England after tasting independence then that's what should happen.

Democracy isn't about protecting a result you like forever, it's about reflecting the changing shape of society, and it's also about people continuing to argue their case, even after losing a vote.

The "shut up, you lost, we're never discussing it again" patter is the real affront to democracy.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

This conversation gets really really boring, as does the pretence that the other side don't understand.

And no, I'd have no problem with the conversation continuing post independence - if enough people wanted a union with England after tasting independence then that's what should happen.

Democracy isn't about protecting a result you like forever, it's about reflecting the changing shape of society, and it's also about people continuing to argue their case, even after losing a vote.

The "shut up, you lost, we're never discussing it again" patter is the real affront to democracy.

:clap:

28 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

People can, and do, change their minds?

2014 independence was rejected.  Fair enough.  Then along comes Brexit.  A monumental change for everyone, but which blew the status quo out of the water.  Now it appears that we are to have a buffoon foisted upon as as PM, along with a no deal.  If you want to question democratic credentials, I'd say that has more to query about it than giving the people another vote on an independence referendum.

18 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:spoton:

39 minutes ago, Boris said:

People can, and do, change their minds?

2014 independence was rejected.  Fair enough.  Then along comes Brexit.  A monumental change for everyone, but which blew the status quo out of the water.  Now it appears that we are to have a buffoon foisted upon as as PM, along with a no deal.  If you want to question democratic credentials, I'd say that has more to query about it than giving the people another vote on an independence referendum.

Sturgeon took over from  Salmond after the Indy defeat and didn't call an immediate Scottish election either.

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sturgeon took over from  Salmond after the Indy defeat and didn't call an immediate Scottish election either.

But then Sturgeon wasn't taking over a minority Government at the time...

10 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Also

"Unlike Westminster where the Prime Minister has the power to set the date of the next general election, the First Minister cannot call an election before the end of four years. Only in extraordinary circumstances can the date be changed by a two-thirds majority of all MSPs."

from http://www.parliament.scot/gd/visitandlearn/Education/16285.aspx

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Whats your thoughts on a possible point system like Australia for future immigration, this has been brought up by Boris Johnson.

Unknown user
Just now, Harry Potter said:

Whats your thoughts on a possible point system like Australia for future immigration, this has been brought up by Boris Johnson.

I'd need to know a lot more about what was being proposed but politics is tough, we all balance the ideal world against the real world in our thoughts. In my ideal world there are no borders, but the food and resources we have are shared more equally so the migration pressure isn't the same.

I think our island nation status affects our thinking more than we know, we tend towards a "drawbridge up!" mentality when people get nervous, but this is fairly unique, all across Europe countries have land borders with no realistic way of closing them - shutting the world out isn't an option.

I don't see immigration in general as a problem, I spent 10 years as an immigrant and know that few groups work as hard or contribute more than those trying to establish themselves in a new country - the stats back this up.

So to answer your question, I don't know,  but if BJ is coming out with it, I assume it'll be done in a way to suit the establishment while the best interests of us plebs are largely ignored.

Harry Potter
17 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd need to know a lot more about what was being proposed but politics is tough, we all balance the ideal world against the real world in our thoughts. In my ideal world there are no borders, but the food and resources we have are shared more equally so the migration pressure isn't the same.

I think our island nation status affects our thinking more than we know, we tend towards a "drawbridge up!" mentality when people get nervous, but this is fairly unique, all across Europe countries have land borders with no realistic way of closing them - shutting the world out isn't an option.

I don't see immigration in general as a problem, I spent 10 years as an immigrant and know that few groups work as hard or contribute more than those trying to establish themselves in a new country - the stats back this up.

So to answer your question, I don't know,  but if BJ is coming out with it, I assume it'll be done in a way to suit the establishment while the best interests of us plebs are largely ignored.

Us plebs, ha ha, cheers bud, good reply, like you need to know more facts.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Stop being sensible on Kickback.

It's so unusual. 

Unknown user
8 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Stop being sensible on Kickback.

It's so unusual. 

Don't worry, normal Smithee will be resumed shortly :thumbsup:

AlphonseCapone
On 25/06/2019 at 21:17, frankblack said:

It will be glorious to come on here after the next Holyrood election, when the Nats lose control of Holyrood and Indy Ref 2 goes down the toilet.  It will be proper tears and snotters from the Nats on here when reality finally sinks in.

:verysmug:

How old are you Frank? Not trying to be smart btw, genuinely curious. 

Beckett and Grieve come up with a new plan to force the Govt to avoid No-Deal.

This time around, the plan is to make the release of central funding to departments of the civil service dependent on a deal being agreed.

No deal?  No money.

Govt cannot circumvent the commons on this spending vote, so amending it to make it conditional on a deal is rather clever.

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

How old are you Frank? Not trying to be smart btw, genuinely curious. 

:cornette:

Oh dear.  It seems I am not allowed to celebrate when a hapless Independence movement is kicked into touch because you don't like it.

8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Oh dear.  It seems I am not allowed to celebrate when a hapless Independence movement is kicked into touch because you don't like it.

You voted YES? What would Jim Royal say?

AlphonseCapone
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It was a genuine question. ****ing hell. You've lost it. 

Jezza Hunt claims he'd happily tell businesses that go bust because of No Deal that their sacrifice would be worth it.

Also planning to immediately slash corporation tax to 12.5%, costing the exchequer £13billion per year.

More austerity for everybody.

Edited by Cade

Also this week:

EU and Mercosur (the south american common market) have finally signed a trade deal after twenty years of negotiations.

EU has also signed a deal with Vietnam, erasing 99% of all tariffs.

:munny:

Hunt telling us all he would with a heavy heart tell companies they have to go bust in a no deal Brexit......he is becoming as unstable as the idiot Boris

He is preparing for a crisis he is going to create...just madness and all to kiss old tories backsides who should never have been given a Brexit vote to get their vote in a leadership election

Those who voted for Brexit are simply fools if you support either of those 2 idiots

Spending promises that just cannot be delivered...more madness

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Hunt telling us all he would with a heavy heart tell companies they have to go bust in a no deal Brexit......he is becoming as unstable as the idiot Boris

He is preparing for a crisis he is going to create...just madness and all to kiss old tories backsides who should never have been given a Brexit vote to get their vote in a leadership election

Those who voted for Brexit are simply fools if you support either of those 2 idiots

Spending promises that just cannot be delivered...more madness

Brexit vote was for Brexit.

Both main political parties manifestos promised to deliver it.

Spending plans and promises from any political parties are usually shite.

So that makes everyone idiots.

Not just Brexit voters.

Or Tory voters

Or SNP 

Lib dems 

And labour.

All politicians lie 

And all voters vote for lies.

Brexit voters at least know what they voted for.

1 minute ago, jake said:

Brexit vote was for Brexit.

Both main political parties manifestos promised to deliver it.

Spending plans and promises from any political parties are usually shite.

So that makes everyone idiots.

Not just Brexit voters.

Or Tory voters

Or SNP 

Lib dems 

And labour.

All politicians lie 

And all voters vote for lies.

Yes I'm sure when the idiots voted for Brexit they immediately thought now I can tell companies that they will need to go bust, create unemployment, then have to pay benefits to those who become unemployed and then have to try and create other jobs to fill the void

Just confirms they were more or less idiots who had no idea what they were voting for other than anti immigration and all that entails in their minds led like sheep towards a cliff 

1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

Yes I'm sure when the idiots voted for Brexit they immediately thought now I can tell companies that they will need to go bust, create unemployment, then have to pay benefits to those who become unemployed and then have to try and create other jobs to fill the void

Just confirms they were more or less idiots who had no idea what they were voting for other than anti immigration and all that entails in their minds led like sheep towards a cliff 

Yet the jobs market grows unemployment falls the doomsday scenario hasn't transpired and the idiots keep hoping it will.

Meanwhile in utopian Europe........

Unemployed youth reaches 50% in Spain

Greece Italy .

France has seen consecutive yellow vest protests .

German Dutch Danish and previously moderate countries swing further to the right than ever could be imagined in the UK.

Sheep you say?

hughesie27

The fishing industry will require a bailout in the event if No Deal. The 1 area which was due to benefit from leaving the EU.

Also, 160 British people who make our passports are losing their jobs so that a Dutch/German firm can produce our new Blue Passports which we will have to pay tariffs on in the even of No Deal.

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The fishing industry will require a bailout in the event if No Deal. The 1 area which was due to benefit from leaving the EU.

Also, 160 British people who make our passports are losing their jobs so that a Dutch/German firm can produce our new Blue Passports which we will have to pay tariffs on in the even of No Deal.

Honest to **** do you lot never stop ?

Link please or shall I look into this scare shite myself ?

Edited by jake

8 hours ago, jake said:

Yet the jobs market grows unemployment falls the doomsday scenario hasn't transpired and the idiots keep hoping it will.

Greece Italy .

German Dutch Danish and previously moderate countries swing further to the right than ever could be imagined in the UK.

Sheep you say?

Lies!

https://tradingeconomics.com/spain/youth-unemployment-rate

More alt-right bullshit from you Jake?

hughesie27
8 hours ago, jake said:

Honest to **** do you lot never stop ?

Link please or shall I look into this scare shite myself ?

£6bn bailout

https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/political-parties/conservative-party/news/104945/jeremy-hunt-vows-£6bn-war-chest-help

Up to 171 job losses due to Passport deal.

https://news.sky.com/story/de-la-rue-cuts-jobs-after-loss-of-post-brexit-passport-work-11748748

Hopefully that satisfies your needs Jakey boy.

AlimOzturk
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Lies!

https://tradingeconomics.com/spain/youth-unemployment-rate

More alt-right bullshit from you Jake?

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

???

9 hours ago, jake said:

Why do only 25% of voters think that No Deal is a good thing?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/04/04/what-do-public-think-about-no-deal-brexit

Surely that should be 52% based on your assertion that those voting for Brexit "knew what they voted for"?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
24 minutes ago, Boris said:

Did they?

Really???

Yes. To take back control of our borders. 

:lol:

Governor Tarkin
46 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yes. To take back control of our borders. 

:lol:

:rofl:

11 hours ago, jake said:

Greece Italy .

Sheep you say?

image.png.6c0db5aeb26283d9036b419a886c52ae.png

Denmark election: Social Democrats win as PM admits defeat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48535939
"Support for the anti-immigration Danish People's Party (DPP) dived, four years after becoming second biggest party"

"Denmark becomes the third Nordic country in a year to elect a leftist government, following Sweden and Finland".

26 minutes ago, RobboM said:

"Denmark becomes the third Nordic country in a year to elect a leftist government, following Sweden and Finland".

Doesn't fact in actual fact.

52 minutes ago, RobboM said:

image.png.6c0db5aeb26283d9036b419a886c52ae.png

Denmark election: Social Democrats win as PM admits defeat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48535939
"Support for the anti-immigration Danish People's Party (DPP) dived, four years after becoming second biggest party"

Love it!

23 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Doesn't fact in actual fact.

Displays the MO of the alt right - basically make stuff up and say it's true.  

I don't expect any rebuttal of the links disproving the original assertion.  Then the conversation will move on, 20 goto 10.

More lies, more rebuttal, repeat ad nauseum.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Displays the MO of the alt right - basically make stuff up and say it's true.  

You're thick for not believing it. Honest to **** don't you lot ever stop?

3 minutes ago, Boris said:

I don't expect any rebuttal of the links disproving the original assertion.  Then the conversation will move on, 20 goto 10.

More lies, more rebuttal, repeat ad nauseum.

Fake news.

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

You're thick for not believing it. Honest to **** don't you lot ever stop?

Fake news.

My bad, as some folk may have said, sometime.

1 minute ago, Boris said:

My bad, as some folk may have said, sometime.

Not likely :thumbsup:

• davemclaren changed the title to Brexit Deal agreed ( updated )