Top Posters In This Topic

• CJGJ

• neilnunb

• Helzibob

• All roads lead to Gorgie

PeterintheRain

Incredible..what a runner Farah is.

The others tried everything but he is so fast on the last couple of laps

Compared to how modest he was before moving in his disgraced drug abusing coach it's quite a turn-around.  Like night and day. Or Lance Armstrong before the drugs.  Just saying.

Has Sir Mo ever explained what he was doing training with a group who were raided by the French police and found to have bags of needles and vials of EPO?  Remember that time he posted a picture of himself at the same track just before that sad event before claiming to have been 100s of miles away in a different country.

Still, he's one of ours God bless him. Pure as the driven I says guvner.

chester copperpot

Anyone holding out any hope for KJT getting a medal tnite. Sadly the high jump fecked her I think.

Doesn't seem to have the mentality for the big time.

This poor lassie is inconsolable at not getting a medal, doubled over in amongst a load of pole vault poles and the BBC just leave the camera on her for minutes. Leave her alone ffs.

Jambo-Jimbo

Anyone holding out any hope for KJT getting a medal tnite. Sadly the high jump fecked her I think.

Doesn't seem to have the mentality for the big time.

The last time it was her long jump where she got 3 fouls and didn't get any points at all.

The high jump and the long jump are amongst her better events, which means if she fecks any of them up she's too far behind to have any chance of a medal.

Commentators were saying that if she had jumped what she should have been able to she'd be right in the mix for a medal, maybe even challenging for gold.

She needs to maximise the points from her better events and get what she can from her weaker events, that's what all the champions do.

Organisers moved the men's 100m medal ceremony three hours forward in an attempt to avoid Gatlin being booed by a huge crowd.

Still got booed.

:jjyay:

This poor lassie is inconsolable at not getting a medal, doubled over in amongst a load of pole vault poles and the BBC just leave the camera on her for minutes. Leave her alone ffs.

Pretty gutting that you jump the exact same height as bronze but they did it 2nd attempt and you on the 3rd. That's the rules though.

I didn't think her leaving her jumps so late helped either but that was her coach instructing her. When you leave your jump till the dying seconds and are put under pressure I would think you're probably more likely to make a mistake.

Quite a few athletes expected to be in the mix for a medal have missed out. I can't see us making the medal target that's been set.

deesidejambo

Could she not have left the arena and started crying in private?  It was at least 10 minutes after het last jump that she was still there.

Maybe its the rules that they all have to stay?

Beeb now discussing the South African runner Caster Semenya who had issues with testosterone levels as she is running in the 1500m tonight

By one of nature's quirks she has an advantage over the rest but it seems you can't have that as it's not fair on all the other runners.

Hasn't that always been the case though with the worlds superstars having an advantage of some sort or another

I'ts not her fault yet she seems to be accused of some form of irregularity and with chat about forcing her to take medication to bring levels down it does make you wonder just why should she.

Samuel Camazzola

Beeb now discussing the South African runner Caster Semenya who had issues with testosterone levels as she is running in the 1500m tonight

By one of nature's quirks she has an advantage over the rest but it seems you can't have that as it's not fair on all the other runners.

Hasn't that always been the case though with the worlds superstars having an advantage of some sort or another

I'ts not her fault yet she seems to be accused of some form of irregularity and with chat about forcing her to take medication to bring levels down it does make you wonder just why should she.

I thought Didier Drogba was competing.

That was another great race and Muir so close to a medal.....very tactical but she got caught out a couple of times in the race and shoved backwards before coming back again...the proverbial photo finish for the places

All roads lead to Gorgie

Where did that muscle man appear from to snatch bronze?

Right at the end she was catching and about to pass the Dutch runner but at the same time she had runners catching her from the clouds from either side. I doubt she would have been aware of the American on the inside. Horrible for her.

Regal Kingston

Tricky situation as outlined by the panel on the BBC.

It just doesn't look right does it? Petite skinny girls then Castor.

5'10. Built like a brick shit house.

Walks like a man

Talks like a man

Looks like a man.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Walks like a man

Talks like a man

Looks like a man.

It makes a mockery of the sport. What is the point in looking for drug cheats when someone with the muscle structure of a man can compete in women's races.

Walks like a man

Talks like a man

Looks like a man.

It is tricky. It was mentioned that her testosterone levels gave her a 1.8% advantage. I know that's not her fault, as it's naturally occurring, but as suggested could she not take drugs to lower the testosterone to a normal female level to make it a more fair playing field.

It is tricky. It was mentioned that her testosterone levels gave her a 1.8% advantage. I know that's not her fault, as it's naturally occurring, but as suggested could she not take drugs to lower the testosterone to a normal female level to make it a more fair playing field.

what about athletes who are shorter thus their stride is shorter? should all the other athletes have to have the same stride length?

All roads lead to Gorgie

1.8% sounds a small advantage but that is the margin that beat Muir in the final stride. It is totally unfair on the other athletes.

How is it unfair? She has a natural advantage. It's NATURAL! Height in a hugh jump is a natural advantage, should we put in place height limit?

Regal Kingston

How is it unfair? She has a natural advantage. It's NATURAL! Height in a hugh jump is a natural advantage, should we put in place height limit?

Height is a natural advantage.

The muscular physique, bone structure and gait of a man should not be deemed as a natural advantage. Or should it if they have female

sexual organs?

It's a minefield.

Feel really sorry for Semanya as she just wants to compete and it's not her fault she was born that way. The fact that she's not winning by ridiculous margins probably show that it's correct she competes.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Height is a natural advantage.

The muscular physique, bone structure and gait of a man should not be deemed as a natural advantage. Or should it if they have female

sexual organs?

It's a minefield.

Feel really sorry for Semanya as she just wants to compete and it's not her fault she was born that way. The fact that she's not winning by ridiculous margins probably show that it's correct she competes.

As you say it is a shame for her but separate races for transgender athletes should be introduced, that is what I think should happen anyway. The fairest for all involved in Athletics surely.

As you say it is a shame for her but separate races for transgender athletes should be introduced, that is what I think should happen anyway. The fairest for all involved in Athletics surely.

She's not transgender. She's female. She simply has high levels of naturally occurring testosterone.

All roads lead to Gorgie

She's not transgender. She's female. She simply has high levels of naturally occurring testosterone.

I am no expert on the matter but surely you need a set of bollacks hidden somewhere to produce testosterone to the level that changes your whole body.?

I am no expert on the matter but surely you need a set of bollacks hidden somewhere to produce testosterone to the level that changes your whole body.?

They put her through a whole bunch of tests and it was ascertained she was female with female sex organs. I'm no expert either but the experts who did the tests confirmed she was not intersex.

All roads lead to Gorgie

They put her through a whole bunch of tests and it was ascertained she was female with female sex organs. I'm no expert either but the experts who did the tests confirmed she was not intersex.

I suppose it will always remain a grey area on what is fair to all and I think the sceptics will remain in place for some time with things as they stand. If the sport is happy then that will be that but some athletes deep down must feel at a disadvantage. 

Jambo-Jimbo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/40861053

This story might have serious ramifications for the IAAF.

Seemingly Isaac Makwala hasn't been tested for norovirus or anything else so he's said, so if that is the case, how can the IAAF pull him out of the 400m final based on nothing more than the assumption that he's got the virus.  Just because he puked up doesn't mean he's got norovirus, he could have had a dodgy curry for all we know.

Got a feeling this story will be big.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/40861053

This story might have serious ramifications for the IAAF.

Seemingly Isaac Makwala hasn't been tested for norovirus or anything else so he's said, so if that is the case, how can the IAAF pull him out of the 400m final based on nothing more than the assumption that he's got the virus. Just because he puked up doesn't mean he's got norovirus, he could have had a dodgy curry for all we know.

Got a feeling this story will be big.

I just watched the footage of him arriving at the stadium. They'd cancelled his accreditation though so he wasn't allowed entry. He says he's fine and as someone who has had norovirus before I would've be able to walk 400m let alone run it.

Jambo-Jimbo

I just watched the footage of him arriving at the stadium. They'd cancelled his accreditation though so he wasn't allowed entry. He says he's fine and as someone who has had norovirus before I would've be able to walk 400m let alone run it.

An official from the Botswana team was just on being interviewed, if all he says is true the IAAF have fecked up big big time here.

The IAAF have just assumed he's got the norovirus without having any proof if he has or hasn't, he's puked once, once FFS, anybody whose had this virus knows it comes out both ends (often at the same time) for days, more to the point he's not allowed to race or even enter the stadium, but he's been allowed to mix with other athletes and officials and the public at the hotel.

It is looking that the IAAF have really made a monstrous mistake here.

Botswana medical team say he's fit and well, he puked once on Sunday night and nothing since.

Yep, sick once after getting off the bus. More than likely travel sickness rather than norovirus. The IAAF seem to have fecked this up big time.

deesidejambo

The BBC lining up against the medical professional is sickening.  She did the right thing.

Gabby Logan get tae ****.

The BBC lining up against the medical professional is sickening. She did the right thing.

Gabby Logan get tae ****.

This woman is having a nightmare.

To be fair to the IAAF this is about safety for all not just one runner and they were given advice that the athletes should be withdrawn..this idea people just decide is nonsense.. it was based on medical advice and what would have happened had one of the athletes collapsed afterwards.

Sorry but I'll take their advice rather than a doctor from Botswana.

BBC are a joke just now trying to create a storm with some of the athletics experts trying to act as though they are medical experts.

To be fair to the IAAF this is about safety for all not just one runner and they were given advice that the athletes should be withdrawn..this idea people just decide is nonsense.. it was based on medical advice and what would have happened had one of the athletes collapsed afterwards.

Sorry but I'll take their advice rather than a doctor from Botswana.

BBC are a joke just now trying to create a storm with some of the athletics experts trying to act as though they are medical experts.

Yes, you just can't trust these African medical professionals.

Especially when the boy sounded like he was from Manchester.

The interview was a farce though.

Sorry but yes I'd rather take the word of the IAAF medical delegate and that of Public Health England who have access to all the medical results and who gave the advice rather than from a doctor from the team representing Botswana who was not involved in those tests and had not been present at the tests

Edited by CJGJ

Sorry but yes I'd rather take the word of the IAAF medical delegate and that of Public Health England who have access to all the medical results and who gave the advice rather than from a doctor from the team representing Botswana who was not involved in those tests and had not been present at the tests

Not what you said initially though.

The woman was hung out to dry. Coe should have been there fronting up. The BBC should have only had one person asking the questions.

There were no tests on this athlete.

deesidejambo

There were no tests on this athlete.

Because they were not required.

The athlete presented himself, complained of multiple vomiting, and was staying in the same hotel as the outbreak.  That was deemed acceptable evidence that he was a risk to other athletes so they took the decision.

If they had tested him the results would not become available until 36 hours later so it was irrelevant for the purposes of this race.

The made the right decision to protect others and stop the outbreak.

Because they were not required.

The athlete presented himself, complained of multiple vomiting, and was staying in the same hotel as the outbreak. That was deemed acceptable evidence that he was a risk to other athletes so they took the decision.

If they had tested him the results would not become available until 36 hours later so it was irrelevant for the purposes of this race.

The made the right decision to protect others and stop the outbreak.

I'm not saying who was right or wrong, but others have said that the guy in question was only sick once and that was on Sunday, so that doesn't fit your version.

My comment was for CJGJ who seems to think he has all the facts but has mentioned fictional tests which the IAAF have confirmed never happened, for the reasons you have stated above. I'd say that CJGJ doesn't know what he's talking about here. I'd go as far to say that even a doctor from Botswana is more clued up than him.

deesidejambo

Not what you said initially though.

The woman was hung out to dry. Coe should have been there fronting up. The BBC should have only had one person asking the questions.

The BBC can gtf.

A bunch of luvvie amateurs treating the sport now like a panto with heroes to gushingly masturbate over.

Note the BBC reported that Bolt was "denied his gold medal" by two-times drug cheat Gatlin.    Well correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Bolt 3rd?   So was he "denied" his gold by Coleman also?

deesidejambo

I'm not saying who was right or wrong, but others have said that the guy in question was only sick once and that was on Sunday, so that doesn't fit your version.

My comment was for CJGJ who seems to think he has all the facts but has mentioned fictional tests which the IAAF have confirmed never happened, for the reasons you have stated above. I'd say that CJGJ doesn't know what he's talking about here. I'd go as far to say that even a doctor from Botswana is more clued up than him.

The IAAF doctor said on the interview it is on record that he complained of multiple vomiting over a period of time.  This was noted in his medical record.  Once an enquiry gets under way it will be very easy to prove or disprove that.  But in the meantime I dont see any reason why the IAAF doctor would fabricate that as it will come out one the records are made public.

If it turns out the records are correct then the Botswana Doctor will have ethical questions to answer about his competence.

What are the chances the Botswana team doctor learnt medicine in the UK? Or in South Africa? Mibbees aye, mibbees naw.

I will be polite which clearly you are not trying to be.

The tests took place.. read the original post and try to point out what I said was incorrect.. the athlete in question as you have been told in an earlier post did not have to be tested as Public Heath authorities had enough tests completed to make a decision.

You don't have to test everyone to know there is an outbreak and you then make a decision on the results of the tests taken.

You protect the rights of the many against the rights of a few in cases like this.

I'll post once more what I said and perhaps you can point out the error though I doubt it as you are the one making things up

'To be fair to the IAAF this is about safety for all not just one runner and they were given advice that the athletes should be withdrawn..this idea people just decide is nonsense.. it was based on medical advice and what would have happened had one of the athletes collapsed afterwards.'

The only thing that could be in dispute is whether the IAAF were too strict but who can blame them for putting safety first

Edited by CJGJ

deesidejambo

What are the chances the Botswana team doctor learnt medicine in the UK? Or in South Africa? Mibbees aye, mibbees naw.

He's from Manchester I believe - either way he is British.

But its a simple yes/no case and the record of the athletes visit to the medical centre is documented.

My money is on the medical records being correct.