World Athletics 2017 London

CJGJ

deesidejambo

Now Michael Johnson (that well-known Doctor) has said the IAAF have got it "horribly wrong".     Despite the fact that he has not even seen the medical record evidence, but the IAAF spokeswoman has.

Well Michael - you and Gabby can both gtf.  Neither of you are Doctors - neither of you have seen the evidence of the guys visit.  Get back to tossing each other off about how absolutely fantastically fantastic Usain Bolt is.   He is of course the greatest sportsman in the history of the world, past and future.  And that evil Gatlin - how dare he ruin the race by winning it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CJGJ

• neilnunb

• Helzibob

• All roads lead to Gorgie

Bloke ran a time trial on his own, in the rain, after shiting through a needle for a couple of days with norovirus and missing his original 200m heat.

He'll be back for the semi final in 2 hours time

:rofl:

lauriesrank

Nike+bra+shoot+headshot.jpg?format=1500w

colleenfsu.jpg

She's banging. Although got DQ for a Lane infringement. I'd let her run anyway. Lol. She used to be a model.

lauriesrank

Lacaze is quite hot too. Still not sure about all the Africans running for Bahrain though. Money talks.

Bloke ran a time trial on his own, in the rain, after shiting through a needle for a couple of days with norovirus and missing his original 200m heat.

He'll be back for the semi final in 2 hours time

Same boy all the fuss was about with alleged norovirus

132goals1958

Just watching the triple jump and it is amazing that 22 years on, Jonathan Edwards record remains intact. Even more remarkable, it is almost 50 years since Bob Beamon had that not to be forgotten world record long jump and only Mike Powell has improved it, Indeed since Jessie Owens world record in 1935 only Ralph Boston, Beamon, Powell and a Soviet Union  athlete have held world records. With better training, methods. stronger and bigger athletes, general improvements in sports science what is the dynamic of those two field events that make it so unique.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I did look like she grabbed at the arm and then followed up with a little push. If it happened further back in the race it would not have mattered but so near the line is different.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

The American had eased out a bit much further back but Sharp didn't. She probably wouldn't have caught her but was slightly gaining. The girl who made the inside run made Sharp make another effort and she ended up making contact. I think she could have edged out a bit to stay clear of the American's path. Harsh.

All roads lead to Gorgie

She did qualify as a fastest loser.

So did the American so it didn't really matter although I still think Sharp could have gone around the outside and avoided the clash. Worth an appeal though.

So did the American so it didn't really matter although I still think Sharp could have gone around the outside and avoided the clash. Worth an appeal though.

Just what I was thinking. Not sure why Sharp didn't edge out by half a lane. It was actually the American easing out that allowed the other runner to make the inside run for 2nd. Either way, the top 4 would all have qualified.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If there was a prize for coming 4th then Team GB would be smashing it.

Snatching 4th from the jaws of 3rd would be more accurate. 

Seriously it is a bit embarrassing for the host nation to have such a poor medal count. 

Brendan Foster thought he was recording the Mo swansong procession. Patronising ponce. BBC have their luvvy party spoiled once more.

Excellent.

Samuel Camazzola

He just had a little too much to do on the final lap. He has to take huge credit for digging deep to shift from fourth to silver.

Life doesn't always give you a happy ending and tonight 2 legends have retired without a gold medal winning performance.....................but what a great show from the UK relay teams and especially the mens 100m

ToadKiller Dog

Great runs from the GB teams ,

3rd best time ever from the men .

Bolt clearly not race fit from the start of the week onwards ,but good he took part .

Guess The Crowd

The GB girl who ran the third leg is an absolute wee honey.

She can have my baton any day of the week.

Ha! You'd place it in her hand with great care

Superb from both the GB sprint relay teams, unexpected Gold & Silver, as we maybe had a chance for Bronze in both at best, but to win and come second is outstanding.

Usain Bolt - Sad to see any athlete pull-up, but in your last ever race, that has to be really hard to take.

Superb from both the GB sprint relay teams, unexpected Gold & Silver, as we maybe had a chance for Bronze in both at best, but to win and come second is outstanding.

Usain Bolt - Sad to see any athlete pull-up, but in your last ever race, that has to be really hard to take.

You'd be gutted but when you have achieved what he has on the track then I don't think he will be to gutted . Just one of them things !

Great runs from the GB teams ,

3rd best time ever from the men .

Bolt clearly not race fit from the start of the week onwards ,but good he took part .

The 3rd fastest time ever claim from BBC is nonsense. It's the 14th fastest ever and makes us the 3rd fastest country. I.e. Jamaica and USA have multiple times faster than the winning time tonight.

You'd be gutted but when you have achieved what he has on the track then I don't think he will be to gutted . Just one of them things !

Everything he's done previously means nothing right now, as he'll be gutted his career has finished the way it did.

ToadKiller Dog

The 3rd fastest time ever claim from BBC is nonsense. It's the 14th fastest ever and makes us the 3rd fastest country. I.e. Jamaica and USA have multiple times faster than the winning time tonight.

That's poor from the BBC 3rd fastest nation is still good but a mile away from the 3rd fastest time .

Thoroughly enjoyed watching tonight. I had both teams down for bronze so brucey bonus on both fronts. I can see a bronze in the 4 x 400m women's race but can't see the men getting a medal this year, hope I'm wrong.

He just had a little too much to do on the final lap. He has to take huge credit for digging deep to shift from fourth to silver.

Knew he was in bother when not fronting pack from about 600m out as he usually does.

Credit to Edris, Mo may have been knackered going in but left everything on the track, could barely walk the lap of honour. Some performance to beat him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Ethiopians ran that perfectly.

Farah has had a great track career but it happens. He didn't have the legs.

Walking racing

How is this a sport?

:spoton:

I was going to post this in the 'things you've often wondered' thread, an utterly pointless activity. In the same vein as swimming races other than freestyle.