Brendan Rodgers

JJ1984

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
loveofthegame

Goncalves, Hughes, Smith, Lafferty are all Cathro/Macphee signings.

Berra, Smith-Brown, Grzelak, Stockton more questionable.

But hardly being completely undermined.

Fair opinion.

Personally I'd have preferred us to play that more direct game.

So if we have the players to play direct then let's do it.

Morgaro Gomis

Standard mind games before a match then. Trying to indicate Levein is too involved, and stimulate that pressure.

Hearts should come out and tell him to shut the **** up and focus on his own team, mentioning the antics of his fans/the boards decision to not take away tickets for a champions league match.

Goncalves, Hughes, Smith, Lafferty are all Cathro/Macphee signings.

Berra, Smith-Brown, Grzelak, Stockton more questionable.

But hardly being completely undermined.

Does Cathro/Macphee count as Cathro though?

One thing Stands out is the part that was mentioned that Cathro wanted to play football, then why no midfielders? Why defenders who's first job is to defend and not known for footballing skills and why two big laddies up top giving the defence the easy option to lump it? Talks a good game does Cathro but little backs up what he talks and that included the signings.

Gene Parmesan

I'd politely suggest that Rodgers doesn't have the first clue what he is talking about.

Standard mind games before a match then. Trying to indicate Levein is too involved, and stimulate that pressure.

Hearts should come out and tell him to shut the **** up and focus on his own team, mentioning the antics of his fans/the boards decision to not take away tickets for a champions league match.

I don't think for one minute he's playing mind games. More like sticking up for his mate who came from the same football school as him.

Same old nonsense. Martin and Tziolis can be added to the list of certain Cathro/MacPhee signings. For whatever reason, Cathro just couldn't get the team to replicate the stuff he wanted in a match, but they were largely his (identified) players and all will have been agreed by him even if he wasn't the one to find them.

Morgaro Gomis

I don't think for one minute he's playing mind games. More like sticking up for his mate who came from the same football school as him.

Possibly. The rest of the point still stands, though.

What style did Cathro even want to play? That was part of the problem.

Rodgers should stick to making bullshit stories about make believe fans and perving at wee dirties.

He constantly moans about the financial differences between the SPL and EPL,conveniently brushing over the chasm between their resources compared to the rest of Scottish football.Mans a muppet.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I can't help myself quite liking him. He's a good coach with a good record everywhere he's been. He's at it with this who signs the players crap though. His last three jobs have been Swansea, Liverpool and Celtic. At all three the manager hasn't had transfer autonomy for years.

Dr Ian Malcolm

"I got a feel for the way he wanted to work"

Did ye aye? He's a slavering tit.

To be honest he makes a pretty valid point. Although if correct, does point to MacPhee / Levein signings rather than just Levein on his own.

HillmanHearts

Here we go !

An entirely different perspective on Ian Cathrow from Scottish Fitbaw is about hit us !

He couldnae buy an ally out there while he was here - but now he's sacked it will all be about " shame for the lad", "obvious talent", "misunderstood at Hearts" , "not given time" etc.

Borders Jambo

He failed in England so hardly qualified as an expert

This.

Wonder what Celtic would do if we were asked about their recruitment or current management structure?

You would think the answer would be a polite and firm rebuttal of the line of questioning.

Its another reason why I want someone appointed who hasn't been influenced by the Old Firm and someone who is skilled in handling the media.

Borders Jambo

He failed in England so hardly qualified as an expert

This.

Wonder what Celtic would do if we were asked about their recruitment or current management structure?

You would think the answer would be a polite and firm rebuttal of the line of questioning.

Its another reason why I want someone appointed who hasn't been influenced by the Old Firm and someone who is skilled in handling the media.

kingantti1874

What a load of shite..forgetting the fact we were 2nd when he started.. We signed the players Cathro wanted in january? We were then told those players were all the wrong style by ctahri.. So we signed a different style..

As for not getting a chance :rofl:

Rodgers wants to shut his face

Hearts should come out

This

Tokyo Drifter

Yeah, but the thrust of his argument seems to be that Cathro is potentially a very good manager - but who was it who fought to bring Cathro in? Levein. In a sense by questioning Levein, he's simply underlining his qualities.

And that's the only time you'll see me defend CL!

I don't mind Rogers bug he should stf up about Hearts and maybe worry a wee bit more about his own club with its paramilitary displays and singing about a soldier decapitated in the street.

gorgie rd eh11

We should have stuck with Cathro as we're only here to lie down to Celtic and make life easy for Brendan.

I wonder what his thoughts are on his board sacking his predecessor after taking the team to successive titles.

avhudtheteeshirt

Brendan spouts about another team manager, its all a smokescreen to cover up their own problems with the green army!

Though I was in the Cathro camp, when he was sacked it was reported in the press that Budge was worried about cancelling of FOH subsciptions.

That made it a very sad bit of reading, but it shows fans can create problems in a club if things are not going well.

I pity the next manager, he will start with a monkey on his back, and heaven help him if he has a bad start to his tenure!!!!

His efforts on advice would be better spent on his scummy fans .

Precisely. A heartfelt apology to the Rigby family would have been highly appropriate but that would have been the last thing on anyone's mind at Kerrydale St.

...a bit disco

Remember that behind the scenes at Liverpool documentary they done.

He came across 15 shades of weird in that.

Rogers simply considers Cathro a great idea well would HE have hired him? no.   His talk is a minor attempt to mess us about

I won't take lessons on the differences between a DoF and head coach from someone who can't tell Arthur from Martha.

Him and Lennon mouthing off today about Cathro don't recall them coming out to back him when he got the job and everyone was having a pop at him.

Sits lording it in the easiest job in football and the whole of England laughs at him because he obviously doesn't like a challenge !

Oh,and has he sorted the religious divide yet ? ....thought not.

OFGTF !

What players did we sign that were more suited to a direct style of play?

Rodgers is talking nonsense.

Tziolis was incredibly direct.  A typical continental punt and run type player.

buzzbomb1958

unfortunately that's what we do bud.Its what made Tynie atmospheric .Dislike everyone for whatever reason.Scream and shout if we were right or wrong.

And he's a sanctimonious prick

Failed in England? He was a bawhair away from winning the title.

The first Liverpool manager to complete 3 full seasons and never win a trophy. So in the context of the club he was at then I would agree with the posters who said he was a failure in England.

Like to hear his opinion on Rangers or Aberdeen going out of Europe... No???

Maybe his opinion of all the fines his slavering hoardes accrue every time they travel outside Scotland...No???

Deans Jambo

"If you play the style of football that I can see he is trying to coach but then I look at the types of players that are brought in, there is a mismatch."

Jan signings were Cathro types = failed.

Captain America

Don't his own club have a history of the board signing players

The 2 Keanes spring to mind

Archived