Things you have to do but hate

Locky

Having family come to stay.

My sister lives in Australia, her, her husband and 3 year old are over for a visit. My nephew is a brat. Doesn't do anything he's told to and has massive tantrums. I've been told I'm not allowed to tell him off and it's driving me mad. He gets toys and treats even when he's been a wee shite all day. I love them but won't be too sad when they leave next Wednesday.

Are they all staying with you? If so, your house your rules.

When my wife's cousin comes over with her grand bairns, they're little shits. They get away with murder at their own house, and granny is not allowed to tell them off. In my house it's my rules or cheerio . A couple of times I've had to raise my voice, not shouting though, just enough to let them know they're in the wrong.

After a couple of visits, they're good as gold and they're own parents always ask why they behave when at our house.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they all staying with you? If so, your house your rules.

They are and you would think so but my sister has made it very clear that's not the case.

Counting down the days, 7 to go till they head home.

It's easy to love them from the other side of the world.

They are and you would think so but my sister has made it very clear that's not the case.

Counting down the days, 7 to go till they head home.

It's easy to love them from the other side of the world.

seriously throw them out

...a bit disco

Aw shit, I'm sorry to hear that mate.

Hope you're doing ok.

Cheers.

Holding up as they say mate.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Continuously having to buy things made of plastic. Everything in our big supermarket shop the other day contained plastic packaging except the eggs and bevy.

And having to throw things away because it's much cheaper to buy something new than get it fixed - printers, hoovers, fridges etc. Does my tits in.

Just be an omelette eating alcoholic and save the planet. See whether your heart or liver packs in first.

...a bit disco

In our family we had the death of my father in law followed by my own Dad within the space of only a few months.

My condolences to you, and as you say life must go on, hard though it is at this terrible time.

Cheers Jonno.

Hoping that time will be the healer. At the moment, even everyday normality (shopping, cooking, bills, etc.) seems a bit tricky.

...a bit disco

Keep busy mate. You will be anyway and yeah time will be a healer.

:thumbsup:

Archived