Glorious Hearts - Frightened Rabbit record The Hearts Song (merged)

Thumb Up Emoji

jambo in iraq

Absolutely fantastic version of the song. Have you guys sent this to the club? Sure they would commission it to help raise funds for the new stand.

Great job

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All roads lead to Gorgie

I love the band and their version of our song. There is a great Scottish earthiness about Frightened Rabbit and their songs are genuine, not just jumping on the trend for " folk hipster rock". 

Tried to PM you there but yer box is full. Gimme a shout!

:yas: On Spotify would be glorious

Father Tiresias

Couldn't manage more than 26 seconds of that, awful (only my opinion though).

Agreed.

My ears are still bleeding an hour after listening to this.

Truly awful, you can rest in peace Hector.

jambo in iraq

Agreed.

jeez there are some real dicks on this board. Fair enough if you dont like it but is there really any need for that?

Father Tiresias

jeez there are some real dicks on this board. Fair enough if you dont like it but is there really any need for that?

So I'm not allowed an opinion? Thought that was what forums were all about? Typical Kickback reaction to anyone who goes against the flow.

Thumb Up Emoji

Agreed.

His family have been in touch and have given their approval to this version. But hey!

Placid Casual

:spoton:

Hearts First

His family have been in touch and have given their approval to this version. But hey!

That's good to know and as I said previously, I appreciate the sentiment & effort. But I also think it's a bit of a dirge and not my cup of tea at all. We all have opinions.

jambo in iraq

So I'm not allowed an opinion? Thought that was what forums were all about? Typical Kickback reaction to anyone who goes against the flow.

Like i said "fair enough you dont like it". Would be fair enough even if you said that.... But the "makes my ear bleed" shit... well that is pretty Dickish!

Just heard it and, tho I wouldn't play it to the team before they run out to fire em up I really like it

Some on here would do well to listen to the "Sometimes go down we can aye go back up line"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Father Tiresias

Like i said "fair enough you dont like it". Would be fair enough even if you said that.... But the "makes my ear bleed" shit... well that is pretty Dickish!

Common enough phrase used by, well, dicks I guess, who don't like a certain song.

You should see how much my ears bleed when my wife plays Adele in the car!

Gutted my inbox, so take another shot. 

I've got a digital distributor lined up already. Can't promise I can add this to Discover Weekly though :-) 

jambo in iraq

Common enough phrase used by, well, dicks I guess, who don't like a certain song.

You should see how much my ears bleed when my wife plays Adele in the car!

actually fair enough, we can agree on Adele!

Like the sound of this exchange. Promising [emoji4]

You are absolutely allowed an opinion. My opinion on your opinion for this thread is that your opinion is terrible. Fantastic song no matter who sings it.

actually fair enough, we can agree on Adele!

Easy on Adele chaps, me an daughter saw her in the weege, superb. HELLO

Fair dos. Not always going to be everyone's cup of tea.

Bear in mind both the band and I did this in our spare time to try and celebrate the old stand and get folk behind the team. Maybe use your energy for similar positive means mate, you'll be a happier person ;)

Loved this response ... top marks. 

rudi must stay

Hey hey, the forum may not be awash with positivity just now but we've got to take the rough with the smooth.

So hopefully here's something to celebrate the smooth.

My mate & I made a wee film to say goodbye to the old Main Stand using some footage we got last summer of her - as well as some amazing archive photos sourced via Twitter submissions. 

We got fellow Jambos Frightened Rabbit to record the Hearts Song for it too. It think it's quite a special version.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. And here's to 103 more years.

https://vimeo.com/227232521

3 wonderful minutes. Love that the singer has done something different and put his own stamp on the tune

John mcCartney

i was mulling over my contribution on the other page........i reckon Watty and the boys would prob be better at doin the new hearts song

how about the Exploited havin a go mr buchan ?

Really great. Thought the video was terrific and the song is a welcome addition to those we already have.

Really appreciate you all taking the time to make it and share it. If it goes on Spotify then even better!! Q

Archived