Sponsored walk at Tynecastle - blast from the past

bighusref

In a futile attempt to distract discussion from Miami Weiss, I wonder if anybody remembers this.

As a lad, I went on a sponsored walk round Tynecastle, I cannot really remember much more details about it apart from the fact it would be in the early eighties.

Was anybody else there?

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Bloody hell, this one came from left field did it not Husref!!?? Talk about absurd moments from history ........... but

Yes I was there, and if I can find my pictures from that day then I'll try and post them as well (don't get too excited folks). I remember kids getting into trouble from the ground staff for trying to cut the corners or sneak onto the pitch. Also remember is was a seriously drab day and I just wanted to be home playing Commodore 64 games!!

Jam Tarts 1874

Thanks for the pic of the old plastic benches under the shed. No more standing under the pie-stand!

I remember doing it once and then getting the autographs of Robbo, Mackay and Zico.

Pity I dont have the certificate!!

Good mention though Husref!!

HOLY ASHTRACK BATMAN! I do believe I was part of that! :eek:

Definately did it but can't remember much about it i'm afraid! :rolleyes:

And they say life wasn't really more innocent back then...

:)

Who took the pics? With that view, it looks like they could well have been sitting in my seat....

jambosean75

i was there. i remember it being wet and the ash quickly became a bit of a quagmire with the amount of folk on it.

got some photos with players and management after.

no idea where they are now though.

And they say life wasn't really more innocent back then...

:)

Who took the pics? With that view, it looks like they could well have been sitting in my seat....

The old boy took the pictures. It could have been around your seating area.

Can you spot me in the pictures? :)

Archived