So it was just a minority eh...............

boabster

Ray Winstone

Absolute **** - problem is we have known it for as long as we have been alive - the SFA have continued to ignore it for decades.

Dr. Bapswent
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7456386.stm

The shocking truth about the day our country was shamed by those bigoted low life from the west.

What an embarassment. :sad:

Will Martin Bain now admit they have a huge problem and will Gordon Smith finally say something about this ?

Was in Manchester a few weeks ago and spoke to a girl who was a big reds fan.

I asked her about the state of things, to see if they were over exaggerated or mislead in the press.

She says the place was trashed, she had never seen anything like it and for days after they were clearing up the glass and rubbish. For a few hours the fans were in good spirits (prior to the game)but very quickly turned sour.

Shops were trashed and fights were starting all over.

The place was turned over and covered in glass, puke and rubbish.

She wouldn't step foot outside that night.

It was not a minority of fans as they all got involved and joined the mass throngs causing havoc.

Say What Again

"Shutters could not be closed as the electrics had been damaged and the shop was full of rowdy fans. When they returned the next day, the tills were smashed and everything stolen"

Classy

coppercrutch

OF fans are ****. I think we all know that.

I don't need the BBC to clarify that fact. :)

200milesfromgorgie

The report stated: "The first act on stage lasted only 20 minutes out of the 45 minutes scheduled because they were pelted with cans and coins."

"Large numbers of people were jumping up and down on the roof and urinating on top of the unit.

"Although the police were called the sheer numbers surrounding them meant there was little they could do."

monkey see, monkey do.

marshallschunkychicken
Absolute **** - problem is we have known it for as long as we have been alive - the SFA have continued to ignore it for decades.

I'd agree with that. But I'd replace the word 'ignore' with the word 'conceal'.

Rabbie_Burns

"An official report into the Uefa Cup Final in Manchester on 14 May has found evidence of anti-social behaviour eight hours before the match started"

This was certainly what I experienced whilst in Manchester that day...

Was there catching up with a couple of mates who were going to the match and to meet my wife after her work as she has to cross through the city centre to get home

Very ugly atmosphere and simmering underlying tension all round the joint, hundreds of guys and females (well barely female) p#shed out their faces some draped in vomit and others covered with blood and sporting facial injuries. Witnessed several fights between fans, mainly in queues for booze...

But easily the worst of all was the mass public urinating, never seen anything like it !?! They were p#shin absolutely everywhere, not out the way up side streets but on the main roads and up against shop windows, even by the main doors to Picaddily Station which was still stinking of p#sh one week later and all this whilst the locals and commuters were passing by :(

Most people down here accept that it was the minority behaving like this and causing the problems but from what I could see this was quite a large minority and has sadly left Scots with a somewhat tarnished reputation around these parts...:sad:

gordon the jambo
"An official report into the Uefa Cup Final in Manchester on 14 May has found evidence of anti-social behaviour eight hours before the match started"

This was certainly what I experienced whilst in Manchester that day...

Was there catching up with a couple of mates who were going to the match and to meet my wife after her work as she has to cross through the city centre to get home

Very ugly atmosphere and simmering underlying tension all round the joint, hundreds of guys and females (well barely female) p#shed out their faces some draped in vomit and others covered with blood and sporting facial injuries. Witnessed several fights between fans, mainly in queues for booze...

But easily the worst of all was the mass public urinating, never seen anything like it !?! They were p#shin absolutely everywhere, not out the way up side streets but on the main roads and up against shop windows, even by the main doors to Picaddily Station which was still stinking of p#sh one week later and all this whilst the locals and commuters were passing by :(

Most people down here accept that it was the minority behaving like this and causing the problems but from what I could see this was quite a large minority and has sadly left Scots with a somewhat tarnished reputation around these parts...:sad:

I had the pleasure of visiting Barcelona the week after those depraved Brits had ****ed all over it :eek:

My mate's son works in the big Primark store right in the centre of Picadilly.

He text his dad that afternoon to say it was all kicking off.

If you want to get a feel for what it was like have a look at the Manchester Evening News website in the days following the rioting. It makes painful reading.

Trains halted because drivers walked from their cabs after being threatened and abused. As a result many Huns fans were left stranded. The train station was trashed and the shops looted (after they smashed in the shutters).

Tesco in the city centre were threatened by the council that they'd have their alcohol licence withdrawn if they didn't stop selling slabs of Carling to Rangers fans in the early morning (presumably they'd run out of Buckie).

Etc , etc, etc.

Spoke to a Rangers fan tonight who was there,and he said they were an embarrasment,they were looting shops with drink at 9am,and using cedit cards in shops that never belonged to them and fighting from lunchtime :mad:

Anyone associated with either of the Old **** should be banned for life from everything.

Yes, i said everything.

Even breathing.

Hagar the Horrible

I hate the desperate attempt to put a positive spin on all of this

IT WAS NOT A MINORITY!

a couple of thousand Rioters and Looters is just that! - regardless of the over all percentage of ***** who were there.

In fact because there were so many so called innocent bystanders, accutally makes things worse as they all stood back and let it happen! If they can self police then the authorities have to do it for them, BAN them from Europe! That policeman was lucky he was not killed!!!!!

As for Martin Bain whoopy doo, you have Banned 10 from Ibrox! go on name and shame them and turn these criminals over to the police! The more they try and cover it up by still playing the heavy handed police card the more they stink in their own deprived hatred for what they claim to represent (Ra People!). 8000 police v 130,000 weegies determined to be just that weegies? the police had to do what they did, the videos justified that to protect their community.

Come on Rangers try and regain some pride and take responsibility its not just your club that has been tarnished its the entire country!

coppercrutch
Anyone associated with either of the Old **** should be banned for life from everything.

Yes, i said everything.

Even breathing.

Sensational post !!

I totally agree. :)

Thunderstruck
you can take the **** out of glasgow, but you cant take glasgow out the ****

True. However, a significant proportion of those who follow either side of the OF are not Glaswegians as the traffic and the number of supporters' buses heading for Glasgow for a match will demonstrate.

They tend to attract pond life from all parts of the country and overseas. In fact, if the Irish Sea ferries were on strike you would see a significant downturn in attandance at OF matches. Yes, they could swim but that would be tantamount to washing!

True. However, a significant proportion of those who follow either side of the OF are not Glaswegians as the traffic and the number of supporters' buses heading for Glasgow for a match will demonstrate.

They tend to attract pond life from all parts of the country and overseas. In fact, if the Irish Sea ferries were on strike you would see a significant downturn in attandance at OF matches. Yes, they could swim but that would be tantamount to washing!

Its not whether they are Glaswegians are not. Its what they stand for.

Both clubs attract vermin from all over the world and are happy to take their money. They will make a token effort to stamp it out but thats all.

The only problem is that it reflects on the whole of Scotland who generally behave, wash and don't behave like animals when football is involved.

A lot of these guys are family men and women with responsible jobs but when football is involved they behave like a feral pack of stinking jackals.

Its not whether they are Glaswegians are not. Its what they stand for.

Both clubs attract vermin from all over the world and are happy to take their money. They will make a token effort to stamp it out but thats all.

The only problem is that it reflects on the whole of Scotland who generally behave, wash and don't behave like animals when football is involved.

A lot of these guys are family men and women with responsible jobs but when football is involved they behave like a feral pack of stinking jackals.

Great post and its because the SFA wont punish them that the rest of Scotland should, because of that **** we have all been tarred.

MacDonald Jardine
I hate the desperate attempt to put a positive spin on all of this

IT WAS NOT A MINORITY!

a couple of thousand Rioters and Looters is just that! - regardless of the over all percentage of ***** who were there.

In fact because there were so many so called innocent bystanders, accutally makes things worse as they all stood back and let it happen! If they can self police then the authorities have to do it for them, BAN them from Europe! That policeman was lucky he was not killed!!!!!

As for Martin Bain whoopy doo, you have Banned 10 from Ibrox! go on name and shame them and turn these criminals over to the police! The more they try and cover it up by still playing the heavy handed police card the more they stink in their own deprived hatred for what they claim to represent (Ra People!). 8000 police v 130,000 weegies determined to be just that weegies? the police had to do what they did, the videos justified that to protect their community.

Come on Rangers try and regain some pride and take responsibility its not just your club that has been tarnished its the entire country!

Not defending their actions but a couple of thousand out of 130,000 is a minority.

Yes, i said everything.

Even breathing.

Agreed 100%

May I volunteer to turn their air off !

It would please me greatly

Hagar the Horrible
Not defending their actions but a couple of thousand out of 130,000 is a minority.

NO it isn't the numbers involved don't turn it into a minor skirmish or an iscolated incident. I cant get my head around why people don't understand 3000 out of 3020 or 3000 out of 130,000 make not one jot of a difference?

3000 is still a major amount of rioters and percentages do not make it look any better. The remainder 127,000 either didn't get caught or stood by and watched. In any case the remainder were not entirely innocent of inappropriate behaviour, and still disgraced our country!

And i am being a wee bit generous with the numbers which i am sure were much higher?

The People's Chimp
NO it isn't the numbers involved don't turn it into a minor skirmish or an iscolated incident. I cant get my head around why people don't understand 3000 out of 3020 or 3000 out of 130,000 make not one jot of a difference?

3000 is still a major amount of rioters and percentages do not make it look any better. The remainder 127,000 either didn't get caught or stood by and watched. In any case the remainder were not entirely innocent of inappropriate behaviour, and still disgraced our country!

And i am being a wee bit generous with the numbers which i am sure were much higher?

It still is a minority of the fans present. In any event, I also want to have a shot turning their air off.

Where do i sign up?

Really sickening, glad some of them saw sense to get that policeman up.

First reports were that a rangers fan saved the poor policeman from a more serious savage beating ,he was in fact rescued by a local mancunian who had just came out of a shop and dragged the polceman to safety from the "marauding huns". The ex-army hero met the policeman the next day who thanked him for saving his life.

One thing that is being overlooked here is that the Manchester authorities do not want to focus on bad behaviour of traveling support. Why? Because the fans of United are no angels when it comes to foreign campaigns. I've attended the Santiago Bernabau for knockout CL ties involving the Mancs and Milan AC. The atmosphere around the stadium being very different in each. When the Mancs visited there was fighting, ****ing, puking, shops ransacked, locals abused and initimidated, and the pubs closed down. Completely the opposite from the Milan visit. Now I'm not saying it was anything on the scale of the subhuman Hun behaviour, but people in glass houses.....What it does tell me is that the reporting of the scale of the rioting is probably being played down - even by the hosts. The thing that they have in common is the proportion of their support originating from somewhere other than the club home base.

Archived