Well done, Kyle Lafferty

tartofmidlothian

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tartofmidlothian, on 18 Jul 2017 - 9:56 PM, said:

On your first goal for our team, hopefully the first of many.

:2thumbsup:

Delighted for the big man. 1st competitive game, 1st competitive goal. Onwards and upwards :-)

A Hearts striker scoring a headed goal from a set piece is something to treasure!

Long may it continue.

Captain America

Always good seeing a striker getting off the mark early in his Hearts career.

1st of many i hope.

A Hearts striker scoring a headed goal from a set piece is something to treasure!

Long may it continue.

A set piece? Something practiced on the training ground?

Coaching bearing fruit?

Promising.

tartofmidlothian

Hopefully we've got a player who does what he's paid for.A striker who scores goals.

Hopefully we've got three or four of them...

Long may it continue.

Fixed that for you...!

tartofmidlothian

Bump.

Great player, great signing. Could have had a hattrick or more.

glastonbury jambo

Legend in the making ...mark my words... he will get a hat load against the vermin.

tartofmidlothian

Legend in the making ...mark my words... he will get a hat load against the vermin.

He's well on course for those 20 goals anyway, he was a cut above today.

Elias Henry Furst

Unlucky not to have scored more today.

Nothing unlucky about that sitter he missed first half!

Nothing unlucky about that sitter he missed first half!

This.. If I'd scored the penalty today I'd have had at least 5 goals today.. he needs to be better.. he might be but against big teams we need to take our chances..

Pants Shaton

Let's hope so.

rudi must stay

I think he'll be a great signing. Has a great attitude that will really help us this season

Seymour M Hersh

His good lady was sitting just along from us. She had on a very nice pair of jeans, very nice! 

RealMaroonCF

Guy clearly loves scoring goals

We are making plenty chances

It's still Pre season (of sorts)

Once he gets fully committed they will be banging in. Really liked the boy at right wing back today

Great delivery

Unlucky not to have scored more today.

Missed 2 sitters

But you want your strikers to be in position to at least give the chances

He did well

And a penalty!

chester copperpot

People thinking that a striker missing chances makes them bad.

He has to have the intelligence to get in that position in the first place.

When's the last time we have stated a striker should have scored 6.

Not in a long long time is my guess.

Jambo 4 Ever

Hopefully he does will in league as well!!

As I remember people saying Zeefuik could only score goals against lower league teams

But great start by him!

chester copperpot

Where?

I've just reread the thread.

Apologies. I swear I thought i had read that!

His good lady was sitting just along from us. She had on a very nice pair of jeans, very nice! 

Assuming they were sprayed on for maximum benefit to the attending Heart of Midlothian support.

loveofthegame

He does what all good strikers do, gets into great positions.

The two he missed first half were glaring chances but thankfully they didn't matter. His goal first half was by far the toughest of the 3 and he took it superbly, into the ground across the keeper.

Works very hard too. We even got to see a wee bit of that fiery temper when he got kicked from the left back.

He will be a huge player for us this season. Hopefully bags another few in the next two cup games to take him into the league on a great run.

Seymour M Hersh

Assuming they were sprayed on for maximum benefit to the attending Heart of Midlothian support.

You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment.  :ruiner:  :oohmatron:

You may say that, I couldn't possibly comment.  :ruiner:  :oohmatron:

You have no need to comment, the fact that you are one of the guys that actually posts common sense makes it easier, 

Elias Henry Furst

I've just reread the thread.

Apologies. I swear I thought i had read that!

:thumbsup:

He done fine today but I'd hope he'll sharpen up. His first miss in particular fell into the 'easier to score' category with virtually an open goal gaping.

He missed 2 absolute sitters but fair play to the big lad. That's 3 goals in 2 games. Hopefully keeps it going.

chester copperpot

He done fine today but I'd hope he'll sharpen up. His first miss in particular fell into the 'easier to score' category with virtually an open goal gaping.

I was more commenting on the fact that a good striker won't always score but get into positions to do so.

As said before apologies my point wasn't best constructed to the point I wanted to make.

Did her jeans get soaked through with all that rain?  Was she sitting there in skin tight, soaking wet jeans?  Was she sir?  Suit you sir!

Scored the hardest of 3 headers in the first half. Always seems to be in the right place. Will score plenty .

He will, the drive and desire is there. And as the partnership with Isma develops, we could have a very potent forward line indeed. 

chester copperpot

Scored the hardest of 3 headers in the first half. Always seems to be in the right place. Will score plenty .

This. In spades

I expected him to be decent but been very impressed with his work rate and the amount of chatting/signing to other players. Seems very committed and very much a part of the team. Looks like a very good signing.

tartofmidlothian

I expected him to be decent but been very impressed with his work rate and the amount of chatting/signing to other players. Seems very committed and very much a part of the team. Looks like a very good signing.

Summed up well.

Archived