Hitting kids

The Old Tolbooth

Good to hear, there should be a law against bar stewards like them breeding.

totally agree with you there Lou, when we moved here last August we were barley here a week when she knocked my door and asked for a loan of a couple of quid!! Now had she asked for some milk or a couple of slices of bread etc for the kids... no probs, but when they smoke and drink you just know that ?2 is not gonna be for the kids but for there bad habits!

totally agree with you there Lou, when we moved here last August we were barley here a week when she knocked my door and asked for a loan of a couple of quid!! Now had she asked for some milk or a couple of slices of bread etc for the kids... no probs, but when they smoke and drink you just know that ?2 is not gonna be for the kids but for there bad habits!

These folks will always find the money for their bevvy/fags/smack/lottery ticket and the sad thing is they probably get a fortune in benefits

These folks will always find the money for their bevvy/fags/smack/lottery ticket and the sad thing is they probably get a fortune in benefits

I think that people who are on Benefits should receive a payment card that entitles then to buy food and clothing, and pay for utilities, no way should we fund their boozing and fags.

If they want to drink and smoke let them get a job like everyone else.

I never knew this until recently but an Alcoholic receives ?30pw on top of their benfits to buy Alcohol WTF no wonder they don't want to work.

[modedit]

The police have been and interviewed me, next step is speaking to the kid in question, and his school, and they said they would keep me informed of how things pan out.

The funny thing is, when the police woman came to the door, the guy that battered his kid came into the flat at the same time :confused:

John: I've just read this posting and was horrified to read your report on what happened. I work in a children's unit and God know how some of these bairns must feel/have felt during my time there.

You did well my friend: the proper thing to do. and DO NOT feel guilty. Without putting too much of an emphasis on things, you may very well have saved this wee chap from some serious further damage.............or worse.

Well done mate.

The Old Tolbooth

You know my better half well ;)

The Jambo Janny

You did the right thing john, child protection is everybodys business if more people did report incidents like you witnessed then there would be less cases of abuse like we hear about far too often in the news.

John Findlay

I had the same dilemma. Not an adult going overboard chastising a child but, a fellow kicking and I mean kicking the living daylights out of his wife/female partner.

I am in court in August as a witness for the prosecution.

John

Guest S.U.S.S.
I had the same dilemma. Not an adult going overboard chastising a child but, a fellow kicking and I mean kicking the living daylights out of his wife/female partner.

I am in court in August as a witness for the prosecution.

John

So you shat it and just told the police?;)

MackaysCentreSpot

John you did the right thing. Imagine how you would feel if you had not told anyone what you witnessed mate and the little lad was seriously hurt or worse.

You did good mate. Its all to easy these days to turn a blind eye.

Archived