The usual suspects

Colonel Kurtz

Libertonian_II
I don't know about people defending him but you've come up with a cracking nickname for him.

I'd been more in favour of the Iceman up to know but you've changed my mind.

I prefer Edel Weiss

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dr. Bapswent
Blind optimism doesn't factor into it for me when I'm willing to give a double winning manager a fair crack at the whip.

More than happy to get on the blokes back if/when he goes belly up.

I'm not using gut instint or a "funny feeling" in my bones for the basis of this, it's not blind, it's not head in the sand, it's just what I'd hope most normal people would do.

If he comes and he's gash I'll get you a pint when I get back in November.

buck_thumbs_up.jpg

Colonel Kurtz
Blind optimism doesn't factor into it for me when I'm willing to give a double winning manager a fair crack at the whip.

More than happy to get on the blokes back if/when he goes belly up.

I'm not using gut instint or a "funny feeling" in my bones for the basis of this, it's not blind, it's not head in the sand, it's just what I'd hope most normal people would do.

If he comes and he's gash I'll get you a pint when I get back in November.

Fair dinkum mate,

I hope Miami succceeds,and I wont celebrate if he fails.and ill probably be there next season,moaning .

Will be a pint in the Willie bauld for you on your return though,although they dont do Fosters

I prefer Edel Weiss

I like it!

And Bratislava is almost in Austria so it probably grows round there somewhere as well.

But "Miami" Weiss does come with a better theme tune (incidentally by his former compatriot Jan Hammer)

While it hardly trips of the tongue I think we'd all rather he got the nickname

Vladimir "Ignoresdodgyad" Weiss

or

Vladimir "Putschickyoungsheadina" Weiss.

If and when the appointment becomes official I'll start a poll

The People's Chimp

i think that both eidel and miami can be used interchangably.

If he gets off to a flyer, though, miami is certainly the cooler name. But if he flops as many are predicting, he can only carry on under the euro-moniker of eidelweiss. It's how these things work.

brellierlegend
Didn't bother because it's been said before by any number of people any number of times.

Stop pretending Vlad has the interests of the Jambos at heart or even cares a toss about the club, and then stop going to Tynie - pick a high profile game and don't go. Show him we've had enough of his lies and his ****-taking.

Or do what you seem to be suggesting - put up with an owner who is destroying our club, no matter what he says or does, until it completely disappears. It's the easiest option and the one too many people seem happy to take sadly.

Whatever happens Romanov has us by the short and curlies. I do not think Vlad has the interests of the club at heart by the way. I just think there is very little that we can actually do that will make a difference.

Ron Burgundy
Fair dinkum mate,

I hope Miami succceeds,and I wont celebrate if he fails.and ill probably be there next season,moaning .

Will be a pint in the Willie bauld for you on your return though,although they dont do Fosters

And there is the problem.

I can guarantee there are some posters on here who claim to be Hearts men who will be willing the guy to fail so they can say "told you so".Not including youself Colonel.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.:hobofish:

And there is the problem.

I can guarantee there are some posters on here who claim to be Hearts men who will be willing the guy to fail so they can say "told you so".Not including youself Colonel.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.:hobofish:

Tell me HK,who created that problem.

Ron Burgundy

Regardless of the problems facing Hearts now or in the past I can hold my hand up and swear that I have always wanted them to succeed regardless of who the personnel at the club were.

Bet you can't.

Here's the statement:

"The manager, who will have full responsibility for team selection, will be an experienced football manager and will preferably have experience of management in British football.

The new manager will work with sport director Anatoly Korobochka and assistant head coach Stephen Frail.

In the interim Stephen Frail will assume the "caretaker manager" role at Hearts with full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first team squad."

Where's the lie?

Dr. Bapswent

Are you seriously suggesting that the desire for some fans to be right over the success of the club is somehow VR's fault?

Did he start the black death, the 2004 tsunami and the Nazi Holocaust as well?

Are you seriously suggesting that the desire for some fans to be right over the success of the club is somehow VR's fault?

Did he start the black death, the 2004 tsunami and the Nazi Holocaust as well?

Yep,if he hadn't fecked everyone around to start with then none of this would be happening.

Dr. Bapswent
Yep,if he hadn't fecked everyone around to start with then none of this would be happening.

Wow, thats quite amazing.

Gimme an H...
I'm willing to give the guy a chance:) his credentials seem good. The beetroot soup is really tasty this morning.

Good with mickey mouse teams in mickey mouse leagues. Incredibly risky apppointment when what we need is someone to steady the ship with knowledge of Scottish Football.

This guy barely speaks english.

Good with mickey mouse teams in mickey mouse leagues. Incredibly risky apppointment when what we need is someone to steady the ship with knowledge of Scottish Football.

This guy barely speaks english.

I bet Artmedia are more well known that Hearts in European circles, and how fo you know he can barely speak English?

I actually like beetroot soup, I've only had it once but would definitely have it again should the chance arise - and that's despite the fact that I've really went off beetroot since the "let's see if it'll really turn my pee red"* incident back in '05.

*It did.

Wow, thats quite amazing.

Well DB if you are quite happy that it has taken 3 years,a shet load of money,fans falling out and a fall from grace then thats up to you.

IMO there is only one man to blame for almost eveything that is wrong with our club and he has to shoulder the blame,not letting fans fight it out amongst ourselfs.

Gimme an H...
I bet Artmedia are more well known that Hearts in European circles, and how fo you know he can barely speak English?

I'm willing to bet that they are not.

And I've heard him speak.

Well DB if you are quite happy that it has taken 3 years,a shet load of money,fans falling out and a fall from grace then thats up to you.

IMO there is only one man to blame for almost eveything that is wrong with our club and he has to shoulder the blame,not letting fans fight it out amongst ourselfs.

When did he say he was quite happy, he is most probably sick to death of reading folk moaning about things constantly on a messageboard.

When did he say he was quite happy, he is most probably sick to death of reading folk moaning about things constantly on a messageboard.

You tell 'em, lou. Give them Hell. :mad:

Dr. Bapswent

Speaking English perfectly is essential to being able to manage a multinational team of footballers.

Thats why Scolari will be proven to be a fraud - because he cant speak English.

Okay lou,lets post about all the good thing's that are happening down Tynecastle way right now.

What credentials are these then ? .He managed a team that beat a crap celtic team at the time 5-0 big fecking deal he also managed to draw against rangers and most folk on here are coming in their pants about him.He won a league and a cup in a country where the standard of football would be something like the 3rd division in scotland . The mad one has really took the **** this time if Weiss gets the job .I for one wont be back until the mad one and his russian mafia GTF . I have never trusted the **** and never will he is a clown and the quicker he goes the better

A crap team that beat us that season and also won the national league.

To date the only team in the CL to truly give sellik a thumping in the goals column.

Well normally teams that compete at the highest level in Europe are generally better known than teams that do not.

When did you hear him speak and what was he speaking about?

Gimme an H...
Well normally teams that compete at the highest level in Europe are generally better known than teams that do not.

When did you hear him speak and what was he speaking about?

I heard him speak after they pumped Celtic, and after they got pumped by Celtic.

Just because they get to play in the Champions League (cos they win their Diddy League) doesn't make them well known. They may have played more games in the Champions League than us but Hearts are a bigger club than Artmedia Bratislava.

Gimme an H...
A crap team that beat us that season and also won the national league.

To date the only team in the CL to truly give sellik a thumping in the goals column.

Proves it was just a one off, fluke result.

In European terms, Hearts and Artmedia are both - whether we like it or not - diddy teams. Arguing over who's best known is like bald men arguing over a comb.

Dunno likes - they've been to the Group stages of the CL.

When Weiss was first approached he looked us up on the web to see who we were and checked the players roster and called Eddie Chesney, cos he noticed his brother was playing for us, and asked him if he knew anything about us!

We may be a bigger club than them, but people's memories tend to be short and we've not really done anything in recent years to make Europe siut up and take note - certainly not to the same extent as Artmedia.

I heard him speak after they pumped Celtic, and after they got pumped by Celtic.

Just because they get to play in the Champions League (cos they win their Diddy League) doesn't make them well known. They may have played more games in the Champions League than us but Hearts are a bigger club than Artmedia Bratislava.

Because of their diddy league, they have to enter qualifying for the CL at the first round stage - they're still the only team, other than Liverpool, to qualify for the group stages from the 1st round.

Seriously how can you remember the interview an unknown (to you) opposition manager gives after a Celtic game:confused:

I never said they were a bigger club than us!

Gimme an H...
In European terms, Hearts and Artmedia are both - whether we like it or not - diddy teams. Arguing over who's best known is like bald men arguing over a comb.

Agreed 100%.

Hearts are, however, a great big massive **** off huge team compared to Artmedia.

Maybe over-the-top, and YES I will be giving this guy my full support if he becomes the next manager, and YES I will give him a fair chance but what Im getting at is that people are impressed by his CV...Im willing to bet that 90% of people on here could manage a team in that league and win it however many times he has.

Managing in Scotland is a WHOLE different ball game. We cant afford another 'trial and error' manager no knowing about our game. Its too late for that.

Okay lou,lets post about all the good thing's that are happening down Tynecastle way right now.

Yeah lets, are you looking forward to the season and seeing how the new manager and possible new signings develop?

Maybe over-the-top, and YES I will be giving this guy my full support if he becomes the next manager, and YES I will give him a fair chance but what Im getting at is that people are impressed by his CV...Im willing to bet that 90% of people on here could manage a team in that league and win it however many times he has.

:dribble::dribble::dribble::dribble:

Because of their diddy league, they have to enter qualifying for the CL at the first round stage - they're still the only team, other than Liverpool, to qualify for the group stages from the 1st round.

Which is more than we did

Agreed 100%.

Hearts are, however, a great big massive **** off huge team compared to Artmedia.

Managing in Scotland is a WHOLE different ball game. We cant afford another 'trial and error' manager no knowing about our game. Its too late for that.

I'd definitely agree with that, although as you say he still has my full support until he proves otherwise - which, sadly, I think will probably happen quite quickly.

Gimme an H...
Which is more than we did

I'd be interested to find out there route to the Group Stages, compared to ours.

Also any dodgey ref's they might have come up against...:cool:

portobellojambo1
buck_thumbs_up.jpg

I don't know why the guy in the photo above didn't go the whole hog, and in addition to the uniform just get "POOF" tattooed on his forehead (feck all to do with the thread subject, but who gives a Donald).

Will be on defending the appointment of Miami Weiss.

The same people who have been dining on betroot soup for ages and have a vested personal interest in spouting the party line pesh.

The january statement has turned out to be yet another lie.,and this will result in a 20% redusction in ST sales.

You can dress it up any way you want but Romanov is a liar and his cretin of a son did not answer the question about player registration fees at the agm,and Pravda have avoided the question since then.

This avoidance leads to speculation that Hearts have been used to buy out Pinallas contract and Hearts have paid transfer fees to Kuanus for players for a bunch of duds..

If there is nothing to hide why not clarify the issue

I'm convinced that a lot of the usual suspects, as you call them, are posting from EH11 2NL. It would explain a lot.

I'd be interested to find out there route to the Group Stages, compared to ours.

Also any dodgey ref's they might have come up against...:cool:

What would that prove???? my point is they are no more a diddy/mickeymouse team than we are, yes it is a risk, and yes there are many names I would like to see ahead of the guy, however after reading Moravciks comments today, I am slightly more optimistic that we mny have got a good un

Gimme an H...
What would that prove???? my point is they are no more a diddy/mickeymouse team than we are, yes it is a risk, and yes there are many names I would like to see ahead of the guy, however after reading Moravciks comments today, I am slightly more optimistic that we mny have got a good un

Not seen them...where are they?

It would maybe prove that anyone on their day could qualify given a certain fixture run. Gretna could probably qualify to the group stages if they were given a wild-card and got a good draw.

They famously reached the lucrative group stages of the UEFA Champions League in 2005-06 after wins over Kairat Almaty, Celtic and Partizan Belgrade. They beat Almaty 4-3 on aggregate in the 1st qualifying round despite a 2-0 defeat in the first leg. However it was on 27 July 2005 that they made their mark on the tournament, producing one of the shock results of Champions League history as they beat 2003 UEFA Cup finalists and 1967 European Cup winners Celtic 5-0 in the first leg of their Champions League 2nd qualifying round match. The stunned Celtic side could not quite recover, only managing to win the return leg 4-0, and Artmedia held on to progress in the tournament. On 23 August 2005 they clinched a place in the group stages after overcoming Serbian power Partizan Belgrade 4-3 on penalties after a 0-0 aggregate scoreline thus becoming the second Slovak club after 1. FC Ko?ice 1997-98 to reach the coveted Champions League proper. Their success was even more remarkable considering Artmedia's entire annual budget is just over ?1m.

Not seen them...where are they?

It would maybe prove that anyone on their day could qualify given a certain fixture run. Gretna could probably qualify to the group stages if they were given a wild-card and got a good draw.

In the currant Bun!!!

yes, they could have got lucky and they also could have got lucky to score 5 against Celtic

marshallschunkychicken

Have I interpreted this wrong? Are you actually saying that there are people out there who are actively willing the club and whoever is appointed to fail, JUST so that they can get some sense of 'told you so' satisfaction? So they can point the finger and say 'He's to blame,'?

And you are okay with this?

Here's the statement:

"The manager, who will have full responsibility for team selection, will be an experienced football manager and will preferably have experience of management in British football.

The new manager will work with sport director Anatoly Korobochka and assistant head coach Stephen Frail.

In the interim Stephen Frail will assume the "caretaker manager" role at Hearts with full responsibility for team selection and coaching of the first team squad."

Where's the lie?

Surprisingly, OR NOT, you are still waiting for an answer. I asked that question yesterday and did not get an answer. I wonder why.

I am guessing but suspect that statement was made in the honest belief that MM was a certainty and even the ST publicity asked Hearts fans to "make your mark". An accidental choice of the word "mark"?

Weiss was not my first choice and McGhee would have been somewhere around 95th as I did/do not want anyone with Glasgow/OF connections who would enter the job with the belief only the OF can win the league. I never gave Weiss a thought but his CV has grown on me to the extent that I believe he is the best we can do at this time. VR has not told told a lie - he said "preferably" and went down that road only to be shafted. Who could blame him going foreign when you see some of the pathetic names being put forward? If Weiss turns us down I would be reasonably happy with the Thor/Butch combination but still would not rule out Ketsbaia whose name has been bandied about for several months.

Regardless of the problems facing Hearts now or in the past I can hold my hand up and swear that I have always wanted them to succeed regardless of who the personnel at the club were.

Bet you can't.

Good for you.

Do you not find it alarming that Hearts supporters didn't really care whether we won ,lost or drawn games last season,and it wasn't just 1or 2 either.

Supporters have had enough,more and more supporters are turning away from the club because of VR and no one else.

I didn't go to games to watch Hearts get beat but it didn't bother me one little bit if we did,the only thing it done was give my liver more exercise when we were getting beat or just plain dross.

Yeah lets, are you looking forward to the season and seeing how the new manager and possible new signings develop?

When we get a new manager and new signing then we can talk about it,right now there are no positives.

Have I interpreted this wrong? Are you actually saying that there are people out there who are actively willing the club and whoever is appointed to fail, JUST so that they can get some sense of 'told you so' satisfaction? So they can point the finger and say 'He's to blame,'?

And you are okay with this?

Yes you have and Vlad is to blame for the state of our club,if he's not then who is?

Jam Tarts 1874
Will be on defending the appointment of Miami Weiss.

The same people who have been dining on betroot soup for ages and have a vested personal interest in spouting the party line pesh.

The january statement has turned out to be yet another lie.,and this will result in a 20% redusction in ST sales.

You can dress it up any way you want but Romanov is a liar and his cretin of a son did not answer the question about player registration fees at the agm,and Pravda have avoided the question since then.

This avoidance leads to speculation that Hearts have been used to buy out Pinallas contract and Hearts have paid transfer fees to Kuanus for players for a bunch of duds..

If there is nothing to hide why not clarify the issue

OK Mod Edit, you want to be abusive towards people who happen to have the emotional intelligence and maturity to be pragmatic and objective.

Here, look at this you Mod Edit:

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1203369,00.html

Just in case you are too Mod Edit to follow the link, it is the statement Hearts made on 1.1.08. It clearly states "The manager, who will have full resonsibility for team selection, will be an experienced football manager and will preferably have experience of management in British football."

That is the statement Mod Edit, tell me where the lie is.

Let's look at all the proper managers hearts have appointed over the past 30 odd years: Seith, Hagart, Ormond, Moncur, Ford, MacDonald, Jardine, Jordan, Clark, McLean, Jeffries, MacLean, Levein, Robertson, Burley & Rix.

Tell me you Mod Edit, apart from Burley, which one of these managers had a sucessful managerial CV in club football prior to being appointed by Hearts? Struggling for an answer? I'm not surprised! The fact is that it was Romanov who supplied a manager of Burley's standing. Weiss has the benefit of a sucessful season behind him in a country and a league which is ranked pretty close to Scotland by UEFA in their co-efficients. Your appraisal of the situation is way of the mark and just demonstrates your ignorance and immaturity.

You are probably just some 10 year old hobo.

Jam Tarts 1874
Yes you have and Vlad is to blame for the state of our club,if he's not then who is?

where would Hearts be if Romanov had not stepped in?

:mad:

Archived