Celtic Supporters banned from Linfield game (NHC)

A_A wehatethehibs

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambof3tornado

Simply done so celtic can remove themselves from blame should anything occur.

They know the only ones who would travel would be their die hard nutjobs.

The Comedian

Simply done so celtic can remove themselves from blame should anything occur.

They know the only ones who would travel would be their die hard nutjobs.

Gutted they aren't going over for a kicking tbh.

:seething:

I enjoyed the pre season game a few years ago, but the area around Windsor Park (The Village) is far worse than the Shankill or the Sandy Row. Linfield normally fill about an eighth of their 18500 ground, but every nut job in Ireland will be up for this should it happen. Sellic fans will get tickets. Canny see the game lasting past the first goal.  

Leigh Griffiths in the papers this morning claiming that Tynecastle is worse than facing Linfield in Belfast.

The thumb has been under a rock for 30 years.

It's the kind of ill informed shite you'd expect from the mutant.

fabienleclerq

Leigh Griffiths in the papers this morning claiming that Tynecastle is worse than facing Linfield in Belfast.

The thumb has been under a rock for 30 years.

Hopefully they refuse their tickets for Tynecastle then!!

Tommy Brown

It says a lot when Celtic won't even let their own fans attend a game... although, having said that, they may not be allowing them for their own safety (as well as knowing that many of them will cause trouble too).

Pathetic that this rubbish is still going on. It's tribal - not even religious. 

Agree 100%

It is often said that sectarianism is Scotland's disgrace. Bugger all to do with faith.

Scotland has a Celtic & Rangers problem, full stop.

The Natural Order

Do you think they realise that Celtic fans not getting tickets and Celtic fans not being in the ground are not the same thing?

They haven't stopped Celtic fans going to the game, they've just made it impossible to segregate them properly. Crazy decision.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

His name is

Celtic realise there is the potential for serous trouble surrounding this tie. I think celtic are trying to distance themselves from any trouble by not accepting tickets.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

MacDonald Jardine

Celtic realise there is the potential for serous trouble surrounding this tie. I think celtic are trying to distance themselves from any trouble by not accepting tickets.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I think Celtic are quite wise in that.

Doubtless any trouble will be blamed on loyalist bigots by the MOPEs.

i wish jj was my dad

Do you think they realise that Celtic fans not getting tickets and Celtic fans not being in the ground are not the same thing?

They haven't stopped Celtic fans going to the game, they've just made it impossible to segregate them properly. Crazy decision.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

That's where I'm at. It's all about Celtic covering their arse rather than diffusing tension. It's horrific that we even have to have this debate for a game of football in the 21st century. 

John Findlay

You can't blame Celtic for their stance here. They know their Green Brigade lot and others will turn up at Windsor Park and trouble will ensue.

They say we didn't sell tickets. Advice our supporters not to travel. It's linfield's fault they got tickets and admittance to the stadium. We Celtic as a club are blameless.

Let's not dress this up as some security issue and claim it's some sort of sensible decision.

Celtic cannot trust their own fans not to get involved in bother. They simply cannot have any more UEFA punishments.

Simple as that.

Scum will be scum. Embarrassing stuff. Imagine refusing to sell your own fans tickets to a game because you can't trust them.

Tommy Brown

Let's not dress this up as some security issue and claim it's some sort of sensible decision.

Celtic cannot trust their own fans not to get involved in bother. They simply cannot have any more UEFA punishments.

Simple as that.

Scum will be scum. Embarrassing stuff. Imagine refusing to sell your own fans tickets to a game because you can't trust them.

You say that Sten, but the fines are paltry in the grand scheme.

What are they doing about it with their supporters? square root of **** all.

The Green Brigade do what they like and the board haven't a clue how to deal with them.

Include the SFA and SPFL in that, too.

vermin, ****ing hate the shower of trampy *******s

Stephen Muddie

Not getting tickets for the Linfield game will surely be the same level of oppression suffered by their Palestinian comrades *

Definitely a sensible approach by Celtic F.C. not taking up their ticket allocation IMO

* That was a joke for anyone wanting to get their knickers in a twist about nothing

I don't think the treatment of Palestinians by idf is any laughing matter. Then again neither was the theft of Ireland by the British.

This match has really captured the imagination of bigots on both sides. They should play the match in London. Let them deal with the disgusting unspoken shame of religious bigotry from north uk

Simple as that.

It is a sensible decision.

It's unfortunate it has to be this way but if people were not celebrating battles that took place 327 years ago it would not be necessary.

Still I suppose it's the price OF clubs have to pay for profiteering out of religious bigotry.

Tommy Brown

It is a sensible decision.

It's unfortunate it has to be this way but if people were not celebrating battles that took place 327 years ago it would not be necessary.

Still I suppose it's the price OF clubs have to pay for profiteering out of religious bigotry.

NgYAEmx.gif

I can see why Celtic have made this decision - its the only way they can cover their own backs.

If they'd taken suitable action against their bigoted supporters years ago however, perhaps its action that they wouldn't need to be taking at this time.

They are in this position very much of their own doing.

Nookie Bear

I don't think the treatment of Palestinians by idf is any laughing matter. Then again neither was the theft of Ireland by the British.

This match has really captured the imagination of bigots on both sides. They should play the match in London. Let them deal with the disgusting unspoken shame of religious bigotry from north uk

Not a laughing matter, but laughable that it's even thought of during a football match.

King Of The Cat Cafe

All those Irish celtic fans from Scotland will be gutted at missing out

As will all those Irish Celtic fans in Ireland.

I remember years ago being in the Press box  at Finn Park in Ballybofey - Co Donegal - when Celtic played Finn Harps in what was the last game for Charlie Nicholas in his first spell at Celtic - 1983, iirc..  (He scored and Celtic won 4-0.)

I'm not too proud to say that I took money from the Daily Record that night for a match report.

The place was heaving with fans in Celtic replica tops - probably 5,000 to 6,000 - and thy were begging  Nicholas not to leave.

queensferryjambo

There is always one.

The joke was obviously not aimed at Palestinians. It was clearly aimed at the Celtic fans who live in a safe European country like Scotland with a nice standard of living who liken their struggle in life to places like Ireland and Palestine.

Not too hard to understand is it?

So you can unwind your knickers now.

Stephen Muddie

Not a laughing matter, but laughable that it's even thought of during a football match.

Absolutely buddy. Well said

Stephen Muddie

There is always one.

The joke was obviously not aimed at Palestinians. It was clearly aimed at the Celtic fans who live in a safe European country like Scotland with a nice standard of living who liken their struggle in life to places like Ireland and Palestine.

Not too hard to understand is it?

So you can unwind your knickers now.

Frankie says relax mate. Unfortunately nobody here cares

queensferryjambo

Frankie says relax mate. Unfortunately nobody here cares

Cool mate.

Re-reading my post it reads a lot blunter than it was meant - should have popped in a smiley after the knicker twist bit :)

Stephen Muddie

Cool mate.

Re-reading my post it reads a lot blunter than it was meant - should have popped in a smiley after the knicker twist bit :)

Nae bother QJ, I can take a kicking it's no problem.

My posts are often hurried and not that well thought out

Cheers

http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews.aspx?id=17709&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hope link works. Linfield calling out the Record and Joe Miller for scandalous fame news here. Know it's not 'news' in itself by the the DR and the boy Parks really are shocking. We'd be laughing at Trump or N Korea for concocting tails on this level yet here it goes unpunished

Forza Cuore

http://www.linfieldfc.com/latestnews.aspx?id=17709&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hope link works. Linfield calling out the Record and Joe Miller for scandalous fame news here. Know it's not 'news' in itself by the the DR and the boy Parks really are shocking. We'd be laughing at Trump or N Korea for concocting tails on this level yet here it goes unpunished

That's a great statement. Wish more clubs would bang these arseholes over the head with facts.

i wish jj was my dad

That's a great statement. Wish more clubs would bang these arseholes over the head with facts.

Excellent statement from Linfield.  I'd like to see Hearts take a similar approach to lies being printed in the media (and social media). 

Its the wrong decision,

Belfast has come a long way from the dark days of the past. its now a thriving city with lots to offer. (Sadly) its got more to offer then our largest city's.

Like any major sporting event in one city the police should have just gotten on with it. I think in truth this just panders to the hate filled mob, justifying their continued - them and us crap.   

maybe the British government could give it back now and save us having to shell out an extra billion pounds over 2 years!!

John Findlay

Its the wrong decision,

Belfast has come a long way from the dark days of the past. its now a thriving city with lots to offer. (Sadly) its got more to offer then our largest city's.

Like any major sporting event in one city the police should have just gotten on with it. I think in truth this just panders to the hate filled mob, justifying their continued - them and us crap.

Does it?

Ex footballer caught out talking nonsense to a newspaper which through its editorials says it condemns bigotry. Then is quite happy to print an interview espousing it. Daily Record once again showing its hypocrisy to the full.

Well done Linfield for exposing them.

Does it?

Ex footballer caught out talking nonsense to a newspaper which through its editorials says it condemns bigotry. Then is quite happy to print an interview espousing it. Daily Record once again showing its hypocrisy to the full.

Well done Linfield for exposing them.

Think he was talking about the decision not to offer a block of tickets, not the Linfield statement.

Bowmans_Boot

Excellent statement from Linfield. I'd like to see Hearts take a similar approach to lies being printed in the media (and social media).

This. Superb statement from Linfield.

Stephen Muddie

maybe the British government could give it back now and save us having to shell out an extra billion pounds over 2 years!!

I've no problem with taxes going to ni generally... it's who's getting to spend the money that bothers me. Could buy lots of padlocks and gates for playparks for a bil :blink:

Not like the mainstream media to lie to us is it? Excellent likening to totalitarian regimes by the poster above. Ridiculous situation this country is in now. They think we citizens are buttoned up the back. A lot of us are, but there's too many not for them to handle now. World's moved on. People are United that they want to hate each other.

going dangerously off topic here.. I'd like to think there'll be no real trouble at this game. I'm forever the optimist though

Punks No Deid

Excellent statement from Linfield.  I'd like to see Hearts take a similar approach to lies being printed in the media (and social media). 

:spoton:

Its the wrong decision,

Just curious, what does Belfast have that Edinburgh and Glasgow does not?

Captain America

Just curious, what does Belfast have that Edinburgh and Glasgow does not?

Titanic Museum.

Captain America

I nutmegged Joe Miller in a charity match few months back. 

Doesn't add anything to the thread but just thought I'd share.

Nookie Bear

That's mental.

What was Miller thinking of??

waynefozzie

It would have been madness for Celtic to encourage fans from Scotland or the Republic to visit Belfast for this. Think how they behave at Tynecastle. Now imagine the plastic wee ***** taking the wrong route to the hotel after getting pished in Lavery's and staggering up the Sandy Row.

the general

It would have been madness for Celtic to encourage fans from Scotland or the Republic to visit Belfast for this. Think how they behave at Tynecastle. Now imagine the plastic wee ***** taking the wrong route to the hotel after getting pished in Lavery's and staggering up the Sandy Row.

imagining that now  :-)

I've no problem with taxes going to ni generally... it's who's getting to spend the money that bothers me. Could buy lots of padlocks and gates for playparks for a bil :blink:

Not like the mainstream media to lie to us is it? Excellent likening to totalitarian regimes by the poster above. Ridiculous situation this country is in now. They think we citizens are buttoned up the back. A lot of us are, but there's too many not for them to handle now. World's moved on. People are United that they want to hate each other.

going dangerously off topic here.. I'd like to think there'll be no real trouble at this game. I'm forever the optimist though

I agree with your comment 're no problem with taxes going to NI, after all plenty contributors to the system. I don't necessary think it's fair that they gain an extra billion pounds to be paid over 2yrs for what is meant to be a backing for Westminster government for 5yrs...i think we all know how this will play out after the money is spent over 2yrs! Agreed....going off topic with this! Back on topic, it is a bit sad a football match is deemed too dangerous but given the date the match is due to be played and the history of the country (agree has moved on a lot last 15years but hatred still exists between the two religions in some people's eyes) it's probably the wisest decision to take (in my opinion). I was at the linfield game when we played them (around 2003 I think) and i really enjoyed the atmosphere of a belfast city night out and found the locals to be friendly regardless of their denomination

Bowmans_Boot

I agree with your comment 're no problem with taxes going to NI, after all plenty contributors to the system. I don't necessary think it's fair that they gain an extra billion pounds to be paid over 2yrs for what is meant to be a backing for Westminster government for 5yrs...i think we all know how this will play out after the money is spent over 2yrs! Agreed....going off topic with this! Back on topic, it is a bit sad a football match is deemed too dangerous but given the date the match is due to be played and the history of the country (agree has moved on a lot last 15years but hatred still exists between the two religions in some people's eyes) it's probably the wisest decision to take (in my opinion). I was at the linfield game when we played them (around 2003 I think) and i really enjoyed the atmosphere of a belfast city night out and found the locals to be friendly regardless of their denomination

This is often missed when people speak about Belfast: it is one of the most friendly cities I have ever visited and the locals are very welcoming. Great, great city. 

Archived