Celtic Supporters banned from Linfield game (NHC)

A_A wehatethehibs

A_A wehatethehibs

Apologies if it's been discussed already... Thoughts on Celtic fans not being allowed into the match at Windsor Park (should Linfield qualify vs pub team)? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40387363

It's only a football match... Surely the fans should be allowed to attend as per normal? Can see a boat load of Celtic fans going over and causing even more bother, due to anger about not being allowed to buy tickets and have their own section to support their team in a match which is of paramount importance to their season. Would not surprise me to see the green brigade try to arrange some kind of mass protest over this...

With all the talk of Good Friday Agreements being broken due to Tory shitebags deals with the DUP, could a rammy at Linfield vs Celtic kick off street fighting in Belfast again or is that a bit over the top? I've not got much of a clue about NI politics right now but things definitely seem tense. All i can say is football wise I don't think it's right to try to shut out Celtics fans at Windsor Park, if Linfield are going to be allowed a travelling support at Celtic Park. The Police must be shiteing themselves about it that's for sure...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
King Of The Cat Cafe

It is not a matter of them not being allowed in, it's that Celtic will not be selling any tickets to their fans.

been here before

But hold on...

The Greatest Fans In The World

...why wouldnt they be allowed to attend?

A_A wehatethehibs

It is not a matter of them not being allowed in, it's that Celtic will not be selling any tickets to their fans.

That's true but as far as the Celtic supporters will be concerned this is surely a conspiracy/injustice perpetrated against their club by the evil powers that be, usual Celtic pish, free Tibet etc

No fan of them but op is being slightly dramatic and misleading, sensible decision.

Yeah but all very  health and safety, these things should be allowed to proceed by their own design...and we can  break out the popcorn. Not very PC, but a whole buncha fun for us watching from afar!

queensferryjambo

That's true but as far as the Celtic supporters will be concerned this is surely a conspiracy/injustice perpetrated against their club by the evil powers that be, usual Celtic pish, free Tibet etc

Not getting tickets for the Linfield game will surely be the same level of oppression suffered by their Palestinian comrades *

Definitely a sensible approach by Celtic F.C. not taking up their ticket allocation IMO 

* That was a joke for anyone wanting to get their knickers in a twist about nothing 

Not getting tickets for the Linfield game will surely be the same level of oppression suffered by their Palestinian comrades *

Definitely a sensible approach by Celtic F.C. not taking up their ticket allocation IMO 

* That was a joke for anyone wanting to get their knickers in a twist about nothing 

Oppression at the hands of their own club, no less. Songs will be  written, protests will be made - dirty or otherwise.

Escobar PHM

It's probably the right decision tbh.

It is.

Celtic FC are well aware that their fans cannot be trusted to exercise any kind of restraint during this, to be fair, tinderbox fixture.

There isn't another club in Europe who's fans could not have attended this game and have it conclude without trouble. Just Celtic. Only them. No doubt later in the competition Celtic will be fined for the 8th year running in connection with the conduct of their fans in some other unfortunate city in Europe.

A_A wehatethehibs

What are the odds you'd get Linfield vs Celtic on The Twelfth in Belfast :lol:

Bowmans_Boot

The thread title is misleading as they arent banned.

It is the correct decision, however, as both sides have elements who would relish taking full opportunity of this to cause trouble. Neither Linfield nor Celtic need the problems it would bring.

It's not just that Celtic would be playing in NI but the date is obviously significant too. There's boat loads of orange orders heading over the same weekend. Would be carnage. Definitely the correct decision here. No point in pretending the fans could behave for the sake of football on either side.

AlphonseCapone

It is.

Celtic FC are well aware that their fans cannot be trusted to exercise any kind of restraint during this, to be fair, tinderbox fixture.

There isn't another club in Europe who's fans could not have attended this game and have it conclude without trouble. Just Celtic. Only them. No doubt later in the competition Celtic will be fined for the 8th year running in connection with the conduct of their fans in some other unfortunate city in Europe.

Aye it'd be all Celtic fans fault. Lingfield fans would be exemplary I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

But there's no problems with sectarianism in Scottish football? Celtic are the most well-behaved fans in the world? Surely "Teh gr8est fans in teh wurld" would relish the opportunity to show how well mannered they are?

:cornette:

Given the level of disorder at a typical Old Firm game, they should treat those similarly.

But there's no problems with sectarianism in Scottish football? Celtic are the most well-behaved fans in the world? Surely "Teh gr8est fans in teh wurld" would relish the opportunity to show how well mannered they are?

:cornette:

The shite of Scottish football.

All 14 million of them.

FTC

Shooter McGavin

Correct decision.

Celtic fans would have made a right Jeremy Hunt of themselves then would've played the victim.

NudeySkacel

As someone who lives and works part of the time in Belfast there's some ignorant single fish being spouted on here in the interests of making it all about the Celtic fans. Do you really have so little concept of the other side of the equation in relation to Linfield and their, err, traditions, not to mention the highly charged nature of the timing? Oh and in answer to the it would only be an issue with Celtic line, try Hibernian....

Bowmans_Boot

As someone who lives and works part of the time in Belfast there's some ignorant single fish being spouted on here in the interests of making it all about the Celtic fans. Do you really have so little concept of the other side of the equation in relation to Linfield and their, err, traditions, not to mention the highly charged nature of the timing? Oh and in answer to the it would only be an issue with Celtic line, try Hibernian....

I think everybody recognises that Linfield have their element of fans who would cause trouble, too. That has been said several times.

Elias Henry Furst

Oh and in answer to the it would only be an issue with Celtic line, try Hibernian....

Good idea.

Let's send them over instead.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe they should move the fixture back to the 11th now in that case.

Apologies if it's been discussed already... Thoughts on Celtic fans not being allowed into the match at Windsor Park (should Linfield qualify vs pub team)? http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40387363

It's only a football match... Surely the fans should be allowed to attend as per normal? Can see a boat load of Celtic fans going over and causing even more bother, due to anger about not being allowed to buy tickets and have their own section to support their team in a match which is of paramount importance to their season. Would not surprise me to see the green brigade try to arrange some kind of mass protest over this...

With all the talk of Good Friday Agreements being broken due to Tory shitebags deals with the DUP, could a rammy at Linfield vs Celtic kick off street fighting in Belfast again or is that a bit over the top? I've not got much of a clue about NI politics right now but things definitely seem tense. All i can say is football wise I don't think it's right to try to shut out Celtics fans at Windsor Park, if Linfield are going to be allowed a travelling support at Celtic Park. The Police must be shiteing themselves about it that's for sure...

Usually I look forward to British isles teams drawing each other, but this a no win for linfield and especially Celtic if some nutters kick off.

Linfield will sell out, just like against Hearts a few days earlier...

I am sorry that It has to be this way...

Maroon Sailor

What happened to taking one game at a time

Linfield are through yeah ?

Hearts thought that last year and Celtic themselves got their arses handed to them in Gibraltar

The thread title is misleading as they arent banned.

It is the correct decision, however, as both sides have elements who would relish taking full opportunity of this to cause trouble. Neither Linfield nor Celtic need the problems it would bring.

Well said...

Yeah but all very health and safety, these things should be allowed to proceed by their own design...and we can break out the popcorn. Not very PC, but a whole buncha fun for us watching from afar!

Less fun for the people living in Belfast.

Correct decision.

You simply can't have Celtic fans travelling and in Belfast against Linfield on the 12th July.

I assume Linfield will get tickets for parkhead though, I'm sure there will be as many Scottish accents in the away end as Irish however.

Brave Hearts

Wonder if Amsterdam undercover officers will be requested to police this fixture.........

Fraggle1990

What a joke that this nonsense is still interfering in a game of football.

This is ridiculous, do Linfield not have a tie to play first before this is even possible. And if it does happen, how can they change the date of the game, yet nobody can broadcast a game on a Champions League night.

If they can't be trusted to play a game on a certain night at a certain venue, they should be kicked out of the competition. And I mean any club that cannot fulfill its fixtures on the correct days

It says a lot when Celtic won't even let their own fans attend a game... although, having said that, they may not be allowing them for their own safety (as well as knowing that many of them will cause trouble too).

Pathetic that this rubbish is still going on. It's tribal - not even religious. 

Celtic fans on travel should be banned Re they are nothing but poison

For the record the same with there other cheek if they were in the likes of Dublin

William H. Bonney

Linfield will probably end up getting pumped of the san Marino team and all of this will be a moot point.

You simply can't have Celtic fans travelling and in Belfast against Linfield on the 12th July.

I assume Linfield will get tickets for parkhead though, I'm sure there will be as many Scottish accents in the away end as Irish however.

As of an Irish 6 county background, just as I was brought up to love st Patrick's day, I recognise the 12th being important to orangemen.... Mutual respect, is a hell of a of better than hate.....

The Northern Irish team done great, almost as good as Wales in the euro champs....caths and prods together...

If any club has been been charged and fined more than Celtic over the last few seasons I'd love to know who.

CFC are shitting themselves over this fixture. Pure and simple. 

If any club has been been charged and fined more than Celtic over the last few seasons I'd love to know who.

CFC are shitting themselves over this fixture. Pure and simple.

I agree...its sad that two British islesx clubs can generate such hate....

Hope its a good game

HeartOfWestLothian

It makes sense, a bunch of Celtic fans going over there around marching season? Recipe for disaster and Celtic have had plenty fines from UEFA, maybe they're worried they'd get another fine rather than protecting their fans?

If Celtic don't sell tickets but people travel over and there's bother anyway the club will be covered.

I'm bitterly disappointed. Leave them all to it. The mayhem may have resulted in Celtic being banned from Europe for decades.

On the bright side there must be a prospect that rangers bigots will turn up in droves at parkhead for the home leg and bring disgrace slap bang back into the picture

Had Celtic disassociated itself from sectarianism a long time ago and behaved like a normal football club these issues would never be a problem. They don't, they actively encourage political agenda on all things worldwide. Utter filth.

Nookie Bear

I don't believe there would be a similar problem if it was hibs, and certainly there would be away fans there.

If Linfield have a problem with it then they are just as big as dicks.

It's enlightening just how easily Celtic came to this decision, basically admitting what we all know.

Nookie Bear

I agree...its sad that two British islesx clubs can generate such hate....

Hope its a good game

What is the other club?

Nookie Bear

Leigh Griffiths in the papers this morning claiming that Tynecastle is worse than facing Linfield in Belfast.

The thumb has been under a rock for 30 years.

You know what? I get really fed up with players and managers just thinking they can comment on our club without any challenge.

He should be asked to explain his comments, and told to shut his deformed puss as well.

Geoff Kilpatrick

You know what? I get really fed up with players and managers just thinking they can comment on our club without any challenge.

He should be asked to explain his comments, and told to shut his deformed puss as well.

Poor Leigh is probably reflecting on the amount of beastings we've given his beloved vermin over the years.

Bowmans_Boot

Shows nothing but ignorance with comments like that. There's a massive difference between what he'll receive at Tynecastle and the atmosphere in Belfast.

And if he's so offended by what happens when he comes to Tynie, then why is he always lapping it up with his "thumbs up" gestures etc. He has said before that he likes playing here. Just anything for a dig at Hearts it seems.

I think he was joking when he said it.

...a bit disco

Has the game not been moved to the Friday, the 14th?

Surely moving it to the 17th century would be better?

Nookie Bear

I think he was joking when he said it.

Ach fair enough.

Maybe one of our players should refer to parkhead as a 'sectarian cesspit', and then wink at the camera and say: "bantz".

Archived