Cole Stockton signs on a two year deal (updated)

LogicalEric

He will be hungry to prove himself and move up the leagues which is what we need. The guy can only score against what he is up against and that is a good record, you hardly see defensive tactical masterclasses in Scotland.

With signings of this type its more about the mentality they have than the level they have played at that determines whether they will be a success or not.

Worth a years deal with an option

Absolutely correct. He can only score against what he's up against. FFS Jason Cummings has never proved himself in the Scottish top flight but many on here would take him in a second.

From the limited highlights, it looks like this lad has a decent scoring record and looks sharp around the 6 yard box. He's a big unit too, something that we're definitely short on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
King Of The Cat Cafe

It always impresses me when new people on here get to the nitty gritty of Kickbak, and the foibles of experienced members, in just a few posts. :0

Or 343 he could play.I honestly don't know what way Cathro wants to play though it's been one failed experiment to the next.

Obviously the midfield is still a bit of an unknown but a front 3 potentially of Isma - Stockton - Stewart , is actually quite exciting. I'm a bit worried after watching the highlights though, he doesn't do anything with the ball besides shoot (no beating players etc) Sutton didn't work out well so a bit concerned it could be a similar situation. That said, he does seem very clinical in front of goal and a lot of our players have been choking more often than not.

I've no intention of getting involved with tit for tat nonsense that you're trolling for.

The performance of most of our players has went backwards under the current management team. As much as I hope I'm wrong, I don't see anything to suggest any new signings like this will be any different.

Berra as an experienced and established international will! - fingers crossed - be exempt from this.

Feel free to contribute anything useful to this thread yourself

The January signings have been pish to begin with the rest have been hot and cold or injured

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A Levein special? Did you only just discover the existence of Craig Levein? How about De Vries, Hartley, Fuller, Souttar, Berra, Stamp, Mckenna, Zeefuik, Eckersley, Gomis, Alexander for us - all solid to great? And for D Utd, Dillon, Bauben, Sandaza, Daly, Hunt, Gomis, Flood, Dixon... same, all good performers in Scotland

He also overhauled Utd's youth system, leading to the likes of Gauld and Souttar coming through.

But it's much better to judge him on the last two transfer windows instead.

This place needs one of those LIKE buttons you get on Facebook.  Spot on post.

gorgieheart

The January signings have been pish to begin with the rest have been hot and cold or injured

Very insightful  !

I smell a Dhim Tim !

Just don't think Cathro should be handed a 'punt' . He needs players who have a strong chance of succeeding here

so the manager doesn't have a say on who comes in ? He's just given players and told to try and fit them in, so what if he doesn't want them does he just bite his tongue cos he's scared to question the real manager ?

Or 343 he could play.I honestly don't know what way Cathro wants to play though it's been one failed experiment to the next.

Cathro doesn't know what way he wants to play he'll need to ask levein that

Very insightful !

I smell a Dhim Tim !

Aye clearly a tim look at my previous posts on this thread......I'll keep u right pal

gorgieheart

Aye clearly a tim look at my previous posts on this thread......I'll keep u right pal

aww right, ok then Pal !!        

It always impresses me when new people on here get to the nitty gritty of Kickbak, and the foibles of experienced members, in just a few posts. :0

Its almost like they have been here before!

Has it been mentioned what level of development fee this guy would cost?

Has it been mentioned what level of development fee this guy would cost?

Happy to be corrected on this, but I believe development fees are only paid for players who are 22 or younger. Stockton is 23 and thus we wouldn't be liable for any development fee.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

RustyRightPeg

Happy to be corrected on this, but I believe development fees are only paid for players who are 22 or younger. Stockton is 23 and thus we wouldn't be liable for any development fee.

Aye, think it's till they turn 23.

No videos of Stockton. He must be pish

There's one on twitter, will try find it & tbf he looks like he has a decent touch, good strike & fairly decent in the air.

Looked a bit like a faster, slimmer, better John Sutton......so it much like John Sutton.

Think he's worth a shot on a free.

Cool, ta. Thought it was 24.

You need natural wide players who can cross a ball for this type of player. The way Cathro wants to play with 3 at the back means that the onus will fall on the wing backs rather than a Johnny Hayes type winger.

We currently have Liam Smith and Oshaniwa as our only senior wing backs so I would say those two areas are a high priority in the signings stakes.

But who says we're not going to sign a winger eg rumours already suggest McGinn and McMullen

But who says we're not going to sign a winger eg rumours already suggest McGinn and McMullen

Yes we may well do however McGinn is allegedly off to Millwall, no idea about McMullen.I was suggesting this set-up as this is how Cathro was setting the team up with three at the back and pushing the two wing backs up when we had the ball which is possibly why we leaked so many goals.

Personally I would prefer natural wingers rather than attacking full backs unless they have a great engine on them it's a hard job to attack and tehn get back again to defend.

Looks a good prospect from his YouTube video. Big, fast, knows where to be, can strike a ball, good close control.

August Landmesser

Big fizzicul laddie.

Welcome to Tynie, we're sorry about the faded seats...

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Christ. Wee bit more skint than we thought. Anyway, welcome dude.

Fitzroy Pointon

Looks a right penalty box striker.

Weclome. 

Clark Griswold

Record seems pish enough to warrant a 3 year deal.

Cool name as well.

Close, but no cigar

Jamboscanbevicius

Quite enthused about Cole Stockton. Time will tell but as others have said, he seems to know where the goals are and could prove a real find.

Welcome!

Good news, hope the lad does well. 

It's good that he will be with us for the pre-season, hopefully a few more to follow soon.

Welcome to the madhouse.

Avoid Jambo's Kickback or Hearts Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Toxteth O'Grady

Never heard of him so a bit meh about this. Hope he turns out to be decent

LeylandJambo

I've watched a bit of the National League and have no doubt some could do very well up here.

I say we go for the beast that is Jon Parkin and pair him up with Zeefuik. That would put the fear of shite into any opposition

I'd take Parkin in a heartbeat. He was excellent at Preston.

No idea what this lad is like, but hope we play to his strengths and not try and get him to play an unfamiliar role.

Wonder if he will be in the middle of a front 3 with Isma on the left, and another new signing on the right? Could be quite and exciting and attacking line up.

RustyRightPeg

Lad sounds absolutely delighted to be here. If that enthusiasm carries onto the pitch I'm happy this is the type of player we're after. Work horses required.

Signed - 2 year deal

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5961

0612533899f828591417bef486dc7372.png

His interview on Hearts TV is excellent. A confident lad who wants to score goals. First impressions are very good.

P.S. Notice the seats in the bottom corners [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norrie1952

Welcome to Tynie .All the best for your time with our club.Im sure you'll enjoy it .

Archived