Cole Stockton signs on a two year deal (updated)

LogicalEric

LogicalEric

Seen Andy Giddings (Sports Editor BBC Sheffield) tweeting that Cole Stockton is going to a club in Scotland. Pretty decent scoring record last season for Tranmere and was linked with Blackburn and Preston last year.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been here before

Record seems pish enough to warrant a 3 year deal.

Cool name as well.

Not sure where you're getting those stats from pal. He scored 13 goals from January to May alone !

Think he scored a hat trick when they beat Solihull Moors 9-0 towards the end of the season.

Seen Andy Giddings (Sports Editor BBC Sheffield) tweeting that Cole Stockton is going to a club in Scotland. Pretty decent scoring record last season for Tranmere and was linked with Blackburn and Preston last year.

I note he has the same agency managing him as Aaron Hughes.

DxB Hearts

Think he scored a hat trick when they beat Solihull Moors 9-0 towards the end of the season.

Also scored against Bournmouth though.

For every huddy in the lower league there a Vardy. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and full support if he signs!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

vegas-voss

Seems he's speaking to us and hobos

Are we both linked to every player it seems so haha.

Also scored against Bournmouth though.

For every huddy in the lower league there a Vardy. Happy to give him the benefit of the doubt and full support if he signs!

I wasn't knocking him there by the way. :lol:

LogicalEric

Didn't Motherwell get Louis Moult from the National League and a much smaller club to boot? Happy to give the guy a chance.

DxB Hearts

I wasn't knocking him there by the way. [emoji38]

Didn't think you were, was just pointing out where else he scored!

I've watched a bit of the National League and have no doubt some could do very well up here.

I say we go for the beast that is Jon Parkin and pair him up with Zeefuik. That would put the fear of shite into any opposition

Cruyff Turn

Might be alright.

Quite a few strikers down there worth taking a look at. Obviously Jamie Vardy comes to mind.

John Murray scouted Geoff Horsfield for Hearts under JJ, he was playing in the conference at the time but we were too late in putting in an offer or something.

James Norwood at Tranmere

Christian Doidge at Forest Green

All worth a punt. Louis Moult has done alright.

vegas-voss

Didn't Motherwell get Louis Moult from the National League and a much smaller club to boot? Happy to give the guy a chance.

Wrexham

been here before

Love all these experts writing him off.

:rofl:

Love all these experts believing he's the next Messi

vegas-voss

Love all these experts believing he's the next Messi

Bit of reasoning needed both ways he might be shite he might be great.

Doing my own research.

Re: Stockton to Hearts?

Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

Date: 31 May, 2017 15:19

Christian Doidge was also rumoured to be going to hearts, not going to happen, would have thought that they would be looking at better than non league players. 

Think Cole will go but only to a league 2 club, couldn't see him getting regular football at league one or SPL

been here before

Bit of reasoning needed both ways he might be shite he might be great.

Exactly.

Doing my own research.

Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

Christian Doidge was also rumoured to be going to hearts, not going to happen, would have thought that they would be looking at better than non league players.

Think Cole will go but only to a league 2 club, couldn't see him getting regular football at league one or SPL

1 persons opinion

You would be a guff researcher

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Cruyff Turn

Doing my own research.

Posted by: stairwaytoheaven (IP Logged)

Doidge is good enough to do well in this league. I've seen quite a bit of him and he's got a lot of qualities. Only 24, 6ft 2 and leads the line well, good in the air, good feet, two footed, decent pace and technique.

Poor man's Harry Kane would be how I'd describe him, very similar in style and knows the way to goal.

If we could get him for under 200k we'd be pishing ourselves laughing.

And 2:30 in on this one.

Who was writing him off?

'I'll pass' & 'Sammonesque' probably falls into that zone :lol:

Prince Buaben

Where has the link to Hearts come from?

There are 42 clubs in Scotland? 

1 persons opinion

You would be a guff researcher

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I read 2 or 3 pages but I found this one to be quite interesting.

The general consensus is that he's not capable of dominating defenders despite being quite physical in appearance.

Prefers to have the ball at his feet.

Some in agreement that he's playing at his level.

I believe that this window needs to bring better judgement from our management/scouting.

I know every signing is still a gamble , even proven players, but I hope we've done a bit more research and took time to look at these signings last season ahead of capturing this close season.

been here before

'I'll pass' & 'Sammonesque' probably falls into that zone :lol:

Not really fancying a player is hardly writing him off.

I read 2 or 3 pages but I found this one to be quite interesting.

The general consensus is that he's not capable of dominating defenders despite being quite physical in appearance.

Prefers to have the ball at his feet.

Some in agreement that he's playing at his level.

Some would suggest the same with Boyce before he came up here. All I am saying is wait till you see him play for yourself before passing judgement

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Tynecastlesmychurch

Record seems pish enough to warrant a 3 year deal.

Cool name as well.

Haha post of the day!

Some would suggest the same with Boyce before he came up here. All I am saying is wait till you see him play for yourself before passing judgement

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I've passed no personal judgement.

I believe all players deserve their time to prove themselves.

Sometimes a club and a player just fit together.

Not really fancying a player is hardly writing him off.

Not wanting him here and comparing to a striker that was useless here...more writing him off than excited about the signing.

We will have to wait and see if it's even here he's linked with.

Prince Buaben

Looks mediocre enough to warrant a 3 year Levein special.

Least its not the special 5 year ones Vlad handed to Jamie Mole. 

BobbyJenkins

As always I'll give him a fair chance. You just never know how a player will turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merseyjambo

A very Inverness type signing.

How many people had heard of Billy Mackay or Marley Watkins before they signed for ICT and there were times when we would have taken both of them

Yes it's a risk but this is the SPL not feckin La Liga. People moan about the faceless cast of foreigners so we start looking at guys with experience of playing in U.K., which is what fans were wanting. Now without knowledge of the guy, people are already saying not good enough for Hearts

People need to get real, you want players who have UK experience, we cannot compete with a majority Championship clubs and some League 1 clubs wages. Therefore our choice is limited to what we can afford

been here before

Not wanting him here and comparing to a striker that was useless here...more writing him off than excited about the signing.

Its really not.

I have my doubts about him coming up anyhow. Dont know why.

socrates82

Looks mediocre enough to warrant a 3 year Levein special.

A Levein special? Did you only just discover the existence of Craig Levein? How about De Vries, Hartley, Fuller, Souttar, Berra, Stamp, Mckenna, Zeefuik, Eckersley, Gomis, Alexander for us - all solid to great? And for D Utd, Dillon, Bauben, Sandaza, Daly, Hunt, Gomis, Flood, Dixon... same, all good performers in Scotland

He also overhauled Utd's youth system, leading to the likes of Gauld and Souttar coming through.

But it's much better to judge him on the last two transfer windows instead.

How many people had heard of Billy Mackay or Marley Watkins before they signed for ICT and there were times when we would have taken both of them

Yes it's a risk but this is the SPL not feckin La Liga. People moan about the faceless cast of foreigners so we start looking at guys with experience of playing in U.K., which is what fans were wanting. Now without knowledge of the guy, people are already saying not good enough for Hearts

People need to get real, you want players who have UK experience, we cannot compete with a majority Championship clubs and some League 1 clubs wages. Therefore our choice is limited to what we can afford

Can add Adam Rooney to that list. Inverness have actually up until this year done really well at sourcing players nobody has heard off and turning out to be very good at this level.

I'll take it.

The Comedian

You've got to catch the future Boyces and Moults on the way up before they are too expensive, the lower English leagues have some talent and it's a market we've neglected. Could be a good signing, doubt it'll break the bank.

Guess The Crowd

You've got to catch the future Boyces and Moults on the way up before they are too expensive, the lower English leagues have some talent and it's a market we've neglected. Could be a good signing, doubt it'll break the bank.

Spot on. Exactly what I was thinking during recent specualtion / hope that we might sign Boyce.

LarrysRightFoot

Remember Boyce had been over at Werder Bremens B team and on trial with Celtic - he didn't come from complete obscurity.

Livvyjambo

Just don't think Cathro should be handed a 'punt' . He needs players who have a strong chance of succeeding here

Archived