Scottish Cup Final.

Just joe

It's hardly that important though is it? We've won more Scottish Cups than Hearts since 1903 when we were formed and have been competing against each other so I don't place too much importance on that stat. But due to decades of old firm dominance overall trophy counts are hardly something for either of our clubs to brag about. I can't speak for fans of other non old firm clubs all I know is that every time either of the old firm play in a final against a non old firm team I want the ugly sister team to lose as both are a total cancer on our game. Got to admit I loved it when both Hearts and Hibs beat Rangers in Scottish Cup finals. The look of despair and total disbelief on the faces of minky old firm fans when they lose a cup final to an underdog team is a beautiful sight to behold that I never tire of seeing.

Yes

Another inventive for Hearts to win more Scottish Cups. It's called competition something mostly lacking in Scottish football.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephane Grappelli

It's hardly that important though is it? We've won more Scottish Cups than Hearts since 1903 when we were formed and have been competing against each other so I don't place too much importance on that stat. But due to decades of old firm dominance overall trophy counts are hardly something for either of our clubs to brag about. I can't speak for fans of other non old firm clubs all I know is that every time either of the old firm play in a final against a non old firm team I want the ugly sister team to lose as both are a total cancer on our game. Got to admit I loved it when both Hearts and Hibs beat Rangers in Scottish Cup finals. The look of despair and total disbelief on the faces of minky old firm fans when they lose a cup final to an underdog team is a beautiful sight to behold that I never tire of seeing.

You don't place much importance on that stat but thought you'd bring it up anyway?

Bowmans_Boot

I will be cheering for Aberdeen as the alternative is Celtic. I get the arguments about SC wins but hopefully this would give us extra drive to win it next season (if we have started to care about cups, of course).

hmfc_liam06

**** Aberdeen, hope you get pumped :thumbsup:

Celtic winning another trophy doesn't bother me,happens all the time, Aberdeen winning one would.

**** Aberdeen.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

I find it astonishing folk would rather see Celtic win than Aberdeen, but each to their own. Hopefully no one will throw a hissy fit about it like last season! :lol:

Mr God Awful Ugly

Anyone but the old firm.

Doubt very much if Aberdeen can do it with Celtic being so strong and going for treble.

Stranger things have happened though.

Gordon Ramsay

I'll be cheering on the sheep.

I'd take a lot of satisfaction seeing Griffiths greeting puss after another cup final defeat.

Who gives a **** about trophy hauls. I hope Aberdeen pump them silly.

would you say the same if it was the vermin?

Football is about bragging rights and oneupmanship , especially against close rivals.

I hate saying it but Celtic winning doesn't register. 40 odd trophies ahead of us.

If the Sheep do win it is good for 5 minutes to see the scum being clamped but I doubt it hardly bothers them.

William H. Bonney

would you say the same if it was the vermin?

Football is about bragging rights and oneupmanship , especially against close rivals.

I hate saying it but Celtic winning doesn't register. 40 odd trophies ahead of us.

If the Sheep do win it is good for 5 minutes to see the scum being clamped but I doubt it hardly bothers them.

ABH.

To give myself an interest in the 2 games

BTTS & WIN

Sheep 10/1

&

Arsenal 7/1

Pays ?176 for ?2

Silvery_Moon

You don't place much importance on that stat but thought you'd bring it up anyway?

Exactly what I was about to say.

I also know for a fact Aberdeen fans didn't want us to overtake their haul in 2012.

Who gives a **** about trophy hauls. I hope Aberdeen pump them silly.

With you there William. :thumb:

The Gulf is massive, the only chance thatAberdeen have is if Celtic have a really off day, they play the best they have all season and they get the lucky breaks. No chance!

Scottish Football is no longer competitive, it ismore of a forgon conclusion than ever before.

Lucille's Thirsty

It would mean more to Aberdeen supporters to win in.

Silvery_Moon

I find it astonishing folk would rather see Celtic win than Aberdeen, but each to their own. Hopefully no one will throw a hissy fit about it like last season! :lol:

No I don't think it's astonishing at all.

Astonishing was the fact that some Hearts fans wanted Hibs to win last year.

i wouldn't say it's because they like Celtic.

Like when Hibs are in the final you want the other team to win.

There's something about Aberdeen for me that's Hibs-ish. Hate smaller or similar sized clubs having more to shout about than us. They're our rivals.

anyone but hibs.

suppose. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be happy to see the Big Hibs get beaten. :D

Stupid Sexy Flanders

i wouldn't say it's because they like Celtic.

Like when Hibs are in the final you want the other team to win.

There's something about Aberdeen for me that's Hibs-ish. Hate smaller or similar sized clubs having more to shout about than us. They're our rivals.

For me, I almost always want to see the Old Firm get beat.

Stephane Grappelli

Exactly what I was about to say.

I also know for a fact Aberdeen fans didn't want us to overtake their haul in 2012.

Correct. I don't like Celtic but am used to seeing them winning. The Sheep were insufferable after their jammy league cup win over Inverness so **** knows what they'd be like if they pulled it off today.

Pat Boner looking  a bit pished there on Sportsene just now. :booze:

If that was a deliberate spelling mistake then very well played ML :clap:

If not, that's what I'm going to call him in future :lol:

Either way, good stuff!!

FTC

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You see ? hate Celtic. Horrible club masquearading as a charitable organisation, well so did other people, even got recognised for it but doesn't stop you being nasty or horrible.

But the alternative is Aberdeen believing they are great, they are not.

I am conditioned to the Weegie Irish sympathetic shitebags so for the second ****ing year in a row I'm resigned to a disgusting result. It may as well be them for it will be forgotten tomorrow so they can remember 50 years gone by.

Ffs Levein, turn your dare to dream pish into a reality and steal Ann purse

Bazzas right boot

Quite happy for Aberdeen to win.

Griffiths can collect another losers medal and brown can go in the huff, also stop the Celtic stroke fest in its tracks.

If Celtic win, meh Aberdeen another year without a sc.

Can see the funny/ positive in either team winning.

Gordon Lustig Simunovic Boyata Tierney Brown McGregor Armstrong Roberts Sinclair Griffiths

Subs De Vries Bitton Gamboa Rogic

Sviatchenko Dembele Forrest

Lewis Logan Shinnie Considine Taylor Reynolds McLean McGinn Hayes Stockley Jack

Subs Alexander Rooney O'Conner Pawlett Wright Ross Storey

Stephane Grappelli

What's this poetry pish on BBC? Utter garbage.

It's ****ing horrendous.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

It's ******* horrendous.

Holocaust. Someone should be sacked

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stockley for Rooney a surprise

More physical?

One of my Aberdeen chums called it earlier in the week, roughed them up at Pittodrie. I don't think Hampden lends itself to hoofball

Special Agent Dale Cooper

'Mon the sheep!

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

One of my Aberdeen chums called it earlier in the week, roughed them up at Pittodrie. I don't think Hampden lends itself to hoofball

Just hope Stockley stays on the pitch.

2 quick sendings off including elbow v Hearts

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just hope Stockley stays on the pitch.

2 quick sendings off including elbow v Hearts

Funny enough that was his worry after he said it.

That poetry just got worse

maroonlegions

Mon the sheep into this pile of rancid vermin plastic paddy terrorist loving shoitebags.

FTC. 

Mon the sheep into this pile of rancid vermin plastic paddy terrorist loving shoitebags.

FTC.

You don't want a Celtic win do you ML?

:lol:

Saint Jambo

Was think I didn't really care, then turned on the tv coverage and the waxing lyrical about Celtic with no sense of perspective has me firmly in the Dons camp.

Saint Jambo

And the footage of goals against Hearts by both teams has been an unnecessary end of season reminder about how poor we've been at the back at times.

norrie1952

Just settling down to watch it.I hope it's a good game.No reason for me to pick a winner.canny be arsed with either of them,but it's the only game in town.better than an international weekend.

Lucille's Thirsty

Not a bad display from Aberdeen, tbf.

Agreed I thought Aberdeen got the same amount of tickets as Celtic the upper tier seems mostly Celtic I take it Aberdeen sent them back?

Archived