Would Hearts appointing Vladimir Weiss convince you to renew?

Dirk Diggler

Would Hearts appointing Vladimir Weiss convince you to renew?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would Hearts appointing Vladimir Weiss convince you to renew?

• Da
    • Niet

letsmakesomenoise
Lets hope not - Tynecastle will be a better place next season without the glory hunters :)

Gawd, I am humbled in the presence of such a wondrous fan as you. Away and bile yer heid t0sspot!

Say What Again

I'm not going to trawl through 2 pages of 'yay' 'nay' posts.

I'm firmly in the 'no' camp. They'd have to appoint Jose Murinho (etc) to make me renew.

If Hearts start well and there's evidence of the manager being allowed to (***drum roll*** 'manage') I may start buying tickets - which may even lead to a renewal the season after.

colinmaroon
How do you know this PTBCAL? Todays articles said Weiss liked to play counter-attacking football where as I'd say Levein at Hearts often liked to play route-one & long-ball football with a big target-man striker DeVries, McKenna etc.

I agree!

I mean who wants boring counter-attacking football - - -

Like what the Dutch play!!!

Commander Harris

I've already renewed, but it might encourage me to finally purchase that gnome.

Tynecastle will be sold out every game, and the non renewers will be squealing like pigs that they can't get a ticket :)

By who,let us see,Glory hunters by chance.

Tell you what Bum you don't half make an arse of yourself when you contradict every thing you post.

south morocco

What would happen if Weiss knocked us back at the 11th hour just like mcghee?Where would that leave us?I've renewed again ,more out of habit than anything else though.

What would happen if Weiss knocked us back at the 11th hour just like mcghee?Where would that leave us?I've renewed again ,more out of habit than anything else though.

The exact same place we have been in for the past 3 years,IMO it won't chang a thing with the Weiss man form the east coming in,Vlad will still have a major say in who play's and who doesn't.

Randle P McMurphy

I haven't renewed but I will buy a ST eventually. The reason for not initially renewing was to try to apply pressure on making a decent managerial appointment. Doesn't look like that tactic has worked too well but I was always going to renew in the end as I would be lost without the involvement every week.

I look forward to us counter attacking at home against Hamilton, St Mirren Inverness etc.

If it gets us the three points then I would be more than happy.

scottish_chicP

I haven't renewed yet. I probably will but would like to see what is happening. I find it hilarious that anyone can call hearts fans glory hunters. Get a grip.

Guest juvehearts
Surely it is the club you support and not VR, remember there will still be a Hearts team playing in some form when VR has gone. Get behind the players of the famous HMFC , you don`t have to agree with anything he says or does but it will still probably irk more than just you. KEEP THE FAITH, you know it makes sense. :thumb:

I just cant seem to get motovated when these players pull on the shirt.

its a dying breed the players that play for the shirt, i think every professional football players forgets who pays their wadges & without us fans they wouldnt have a job.

IMO with the exception of a select few within the last 2 seasons have never bothered to fully commit to a good game & i cant say anyone deservs a pass mark for their team effort.

basically what im saying, if they cant be bothered to try & win a match whats the point in supporting them?

you can encourage someone to perform better but you cant make a ***** player better & the whole squad is that.

saying that the only way is up but without the correct apointment & structure in place we aint going nowhere but backwards & i cant see anything improving whilst romanov is the majority shareholder at heart of midlothian football club.

nothing but lies & broken promices from the day he was apointed, we are more in debt that we were, ****ed off countless players & backroom staff, no-one in british football will touch us with a barge pole, no player wants to come to a club that is so badly managed from the top, we cant even get a answer from him as he is NEVER in this country, his son speaks little english & when he opens his trap, bile piles out of it.

charlie mann aint nowhere to be seen, these other three :- Sergejus Fedotovas - Non-Executive director,

Anatoly Korobochka : Director of Football &

Eduard Malofeev:Advisor on Sports Matters to the Board, WTF is that role BTW? how much of his wage do we pay? does he even speak english yet?

Its tough times at hearts, the fans are divided & no-one yet has came foward to pull us in the right direction.

call me what you want, i wont be back, i have had enough of it.

200milesfromgorgie

I didnt renew 07/08 season due to cash flow problems. Also the same reason this year. Hopefully next season i will be back up to tynie. I cant see that the manager would influence my choice to renew or not.

I just cant seem to get motovated when these players pull on the shirt.

its a dying breed the players that play for the shirt, i think every professional football players forgets who pays their wadges & without us fans they wouldnt have a job.

IMO with the exception of a select few within the last 2 seasons have never bothered to fully commit to a good game & i cant say anyone deservs a pass mark for their team effort.

basically what im saying, if they cant be bothered to try & win a match whats the point in supporting them?

you can encourage someone to perform better but you cant make a ***** player better & the whole squad is that.

saying that the only way is up but without the correct apointment & structure in place we aint going nowhere but backwards & i cant see anything improving whilst romanov is the majority shareholder at heart of midlothian football club.

nothing but lies & broken promices from the day he was apointed, we are more in debt that we were, ****ed off countless players & backroom staff, no-one in british football will touch us with a barge pole, no player wants to come to a club that is so badly managed from the top, we cant even get a answer from him as he is NEVER in this country, his son speaks little english & when he opens his trap, bile piles out of it.

charlie mann aint nowhere to be seen, these other three :- Sergejus Fedotovas - Non-Executive director,

Anatoly Korobochka : Director of Football &

Eduard Malofeev:Advisor on Sports Matters to the Board, WTF is that role BTW? how much of his wage do we pay? does he even speak english yet?

Its tough times at hearts, the fans are divided & no-one yet has came foward to pull us in the right direction.

call me what you want, i wont be back, i have had enough of it.

But he saved us,so get your cash out and stop posting sensible comments.

Guest juvehearts
But he saved us,so get your cash out and stop posting sensible comments.

i know how stupid of me :dribble:

Guest Scottish Cup Semi 2006
Tynecastle will be sold out every game, and the non renewers will be squealing like pigs that they can't get a ticket :)

How do you figure that - look at the results of this pole for a kick off !!!

I'm renewing if we get a manager AND we keep our assets that want to stay (like Berra). If Kingston/Berra/Driver are sold then i won't be renewing - i will even risk not getting my preferred seat, the days of big money wages here are gone - we can still pay the most outwith the old firm but it won't be ?10,000 week like we have seen. If we sell the above players we can't IMHO replace them with the same quality.

Unconditional support doesn't work with the current regime. Why 'get behind the team' when most couldn't give a sh*t beyond their next paycheck. Sure if all were emptied and the team (no matter if talented or not) fought for 90mins then superb, but that's not going to happen and we're stuck with sub standard performances and a year on year drop in final placing.

Maybe Miami is the man to turn it round but it's a big IF as usual. That's all you get under Romanov, never 100% guarantee that he's done the business and pulled out all the stops to deliver for the club and the support, again he's screwed up, spat the dummy and gone back to the basics of 'must speak russian'.

Supporters are expected to hand over the hard earned in the hope of a good season, maybe it will be, but could just as easily be worse than last.

Thunderstruck

Because it is just another daft "will you, won't you" thread.

I wonder if some really want a new manager and successful team as that might deprive them of a reason for a good moan.

Because it is just another daft "will you, won't you" post.

I wonder if some really want a new manager and successful team as that might deprive them of a reason for a good moan.

Yeh, yeh, me too :rolleyes:

HMFCjamieHMFC
How do you figure that - look at the results of this pole for a kick off !!!

I'm renewing if we get a manager AND we keep our assets that want to stay (like Berra). If Kingston/Berra/Driver are sold then i won't be renewing - i will even risk not getting my preferred seat, the days of big money wages here are gone - we can still pay the most outwith the old firm but it won't be ?10,000 week like we have seen. If we sell the above players we can't IMHO replace them with the same quality.

not all hearts fans post on here

HMFCjamieHMFC
I look forward to us counter attacking at home against Hamilton, St Mirren Inverness etc.

one of man utds main attributes last season was the counter attack

scott herbertson

I like the way people are happy to belittle the 5-0 against Celtic too, as just a one -off.

The best Hearts have EVER done in the cup, home or away against Celtic was 3-1 (including the League cup)

We managed to beat them 5-0 away in the league in 18hundredandfrozentodeath and our best home total in the league against them was 4-0, again, that's best EVER.

If he can put a team together again that doesn't fear the OF I'll be a happy man.

Guest JamboRobbo
I like the way people are happy to belittle the 5-0 against Celtic too, as just a one -off.

And I like the way others are happy to read more into it than that, and assume he'll be able to do that at HMFC.

I'm thinking really hard on this one, and it seems the reality is that it was a one off. Feel free to show evidence of their 5-0 wins over Celtic being a regular occurance though.. :P

Jam Tarts 1874

It seems that there are a few who are looking at the likeliehood of getting results as being their main criteria for renewing.

I have had a season ticket for approximately 20 of the 32 seasons I have been going to Tynecastle. I make my decisions based on the likeliehood of some decent entertainment and it is for that reason I decided not to renew as long as it looked like Frail/Korobotcha would be in charge again. It is not all about results for me, for instance I gave up my season ticket whilst Levein was manager as it was not good to watch.

This guy Weiss appears to have put together some decent teams that played with some pace on the counter attack, well I'd be happy with that. Dundee Utd once won the league playing that way.

scott herbertson
And I like the way others are happy to read more into it than that, and assume he'll be able to do that at HMFC.

I'm thinking really hard on this one, and it seems the reality is that it was a one off. Feel free to show evidence of their 5-0 wins over Celtic being a regular occurance though.. :P

It isn't a one off - it's a "one out of two off". Where there are only two Artmedia - celtic games to consider it can neither be a "one off" or a "regular occurence". I refer you to my friend Davy Allan for further statistical arguments

;)

On a more serious note, to get through the qualifying stages and into the league stages of the Champions League, beating Celtic and Porto in the process, suggests their result against Celtic was not a one off (in the sense of a freak result out of kilter with general performances) but the high point of a sequence of good performances.

Of course you can read too much into it, and I am not convinced just from this that he is a great manager or even right for Hearts. John hagar had a great run for Hearts at one stage but no one now thinks of him as a great manager. I just don't think you can dismiss their Celtic result either- Celtic just don't get humped that badly very often (I can remember the near delirium on this site as the result came through) as my historical perspective on our games suggests.

Guest JamboRobbo

On a more serious note, to get through the qualifying stages and into the league stages of the Champions League, beating Celtic and Porto in the process, suggests their result against Celtic was not a one off (in the sense of a freak result out of kilter with general performances) but the high point of a sequence of good performances.

Of course you can read too much into it, and I am not convinced just from this that he is a great manager or even right for Hearts. John hagar had a great run for Hearts at one stage but no one now thinks of him as a great manager. I just don't think you can dismiss their Celtic result either- Celtic just don't get humped that badly very often (I can remember the near delirium on this site as the result came through) as my historical perspective on our games suggests.

Agree entirely. Time will tell how he goes.

My immediate concern is that we need to rebuild this summer. At the very least we need to bring in 3 or 4 players who can make an impact in the SPL (like McGhee did at Motherwell). I think in the short term, his lack of british or SPL experience will make this more difficult.

I didnt renew 07/08 season due to cash flow problems. Also the same reason this year. Hopefully next season i will be back up to tynie. I cant see that the manager would influence my choice to renew or not.

Maybe if you had seen the games 07/08 you might change your mind;)

The best Hearts have EVER done in the cup, home or away against Celtic was 3-1 (including the League cup)

We managed to beat them 5-0 away in the league in 18hundredandfrozentodeath and our best home total in the league against them was 4-0, again, that's best EVER.

If he can put a team together again that doesn't fear the OF I'll be a happy man.

I'm afraid that is incorrect Scott, we beat them 3-0 as recently as 2006.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/20060430.html

Cut The Crap

I doubt it, and that's a suprisingly easy decision to make because, to be honest, I'm just not interested in watching Hearts under Romanov's farcical stewardship. I would find it very difficult to hand any more money over to him when there are just so many better things I could be doing with it. :)

If there's sustained evidence that the club is again being run in a professional manner I'll be back, regardless of results. I wouldn't imagine there will be any problems picking up a spare ticket. :P

cardboardcutout

yes! it has renewed my conviction to not buy a season ticket!!!

did billy davies even get an interview??

Charlie-Brown
yes! it has renewed my conviction to not buy a season ticket!!!

did billy davies even get an interview??

why would he? he wouldn't even apply for the job and even if he had he wouldn't be my cup of tea.

why would he? he wouldn't even apply for the job and even if he had he wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Did Weiss apply for the job or the Iceman apply for the job ?

Charlie-Brown
Did Weiss apply for the job or the Iceman apply for the job ?

I don't know and don't care - I just never want that wee scrote Davies to ever manage Hearts......we already made that mistake with Tommy McLean..... :)

I don't know and don't care - I just never want that wee scrote Davies to ever manage Hearts......we already made that mistake with Tommy McLean..... :)

Well don't pull the guy up for asking why he was not interviewed when it looks like most of the people we talked to did not apply for the job.

Archived