Would Hearts appointing Vladimir Weiss convince you to renew?

Dirk Diggler

Would Hearts appointing Vladimir Weiss convince you to renew?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would Hearts appointing Vladimir Weiss convince you to renew?

• Da
    • Niet

Dirk Diggler

I know there are a few on here who are waiting to see what happens before deciding to part with their hard earned.

So, Wednesday, Hearts appoint Vladimir Weiss and his assistant from Artmedia Bratislava.

Would you renew?

Only a Game
I know there are a few on here who are waiting to see what happens before deciding to part with their hard earned.

So, Wednesday, Hearts appoint Vladimir Weiss and his assistant from Artmedia Bratislava.

Would you renew?

I've renewed already.

Appointing Vladimir Weiss would convince me that I'd made a mistake.

PresidentRomanov

Lets hope not - Tynecastle will be a better place next season without the glory hunters :)

Guest JamboRobbo

I've renewed already.

Appointing Vladimir Weiss makes me suspicious that Vlad is still taking the **** and nothing has changed from the previous 2 years of shambolic puppet appointments.

Dirk Diggler
Lets hope not - Tynecastle will be a better place next season without the glory hunters :)

I'd prefer Tynecastle to be sold out for every game of the season but each to their own.

:)

Gigolo-Aunt
I've renewed already.

Appointing Vladimir Weiss would convince me that I'd made a mistake.

Pretty much how I feel about it.

PresidentRomanov
I'd prefer Tynecastle to be sold out for every game of the season but each to their own.

Tynecastle will be sold out every game, and the non renewers will be squealing like pigs that they can't get a ticket :)

ToadKiller Dog
Tynecastle will be sold out every game, and the non renewers will be squealing like pigs that they can't get a ticket :)

Dont think it will but they will be squealing about the increase in walk up prices to watch Hearts play the likes of Hamilton and St Midden.

do we need another renewing debate?

Drylaw Hearts

Brilliant.

Charlie-Brown

Pre-judgement is the way forward - the guy has barely said more than a few words yet for some he is a puppet cos VR will be appointing him- who do you think would've appointed McGhee? would McGhee even have been considered nevermind offered the job if Romanov hadn't agreed?

lets see what the guy has to say for himself, lets see how the team does and what changes he does or doesn't make first surely?

Like PB, I've renewed already. I'm not fickle, I support Heart of Midlothian FC unconditionally. :)

I actually think Weiss would be a good appointment. His team's performances against ra sellik and Rangers FC would suggest there is a good manager there.

Ibrahim Tall

Renewed already,

Think Weiss is a decent enough appointment either way though, given enough time and control over the team I'm sure he'll prove that.

No.

All this appointment proves is that Vlad can't live with the challenge of being told to **** himself by a British manager when he tells him to play Miko.

It Weiss gets to clearout all the dross that Vlad has brought in to start with and get his own squad together then it will send a far clearer message.

davemclaren
No.

All this appointment proves is that Vlad can't live with the challenge of being told to **** himself by a British manager when he tells him to play Miko.

It Weiss gets to clearout all the dross that Vlad has brought in to start with and get his own squad together then it will send a far clearer message.

Exactly, being British or non-British isn't the point it's being in control of the team and being good at it. Time will tell on both counts.

Ryan Gosling

I would rather have 12,000 'unconditional' Hearts supporters there next season than a full house with people who pick and choose when they want to be 'happy' with the team.

If he clears the decks and get rid of the deadwood then that would do for me initially.

After that I suppose it's all based on results and performances.

One thing is for sure - he will need time and he will need our support regardless if he is anyone's 1st or 10th choice.

portobellojambo1

I had already renewed so who became manager was not going to affect that.

He has not as yet accepted the job, but would not have been my choice, wouldn't have been on my short list, wouldn't have been on my long list, in fact wouldn't have been on my list at all.

However if he comes he will then be judged on merit (i.e. how he copes with interference, as I do not think he will get the freedom to operate as we wish in team matters). In fact if truth be told I think the last point, which is the major one, has probably become irrelevant at HMFC now, irrespective of who is/was appointed they would work under the same conditions as Weiss will have to, assuming he accepts.

Drylaw Hearts
Like PB, I've renewed already. I'm not fickle, I support Heart of Midlothian FC unconditionally. :)

I actually think Weiss would be a good appointment. His team's performances against ra sellik and Rangers FC would suggest there is a good manager there.

May I take this opportunity to remind that whilst Cherenkcov was 'in charge' we hammered both Rangers and Celtic.

He wasn't a good Manager.

Drylaw Hearts
If he clears the decks and get rid of the deadwood then that would do for me initially.

After that I suppose it's all based on results and performances.

One thing is for sure - he will need time and he will need our support regardless if he is anyone's 1st or 10th choice.

I hope you are looking forward to his defensive football.

:P

Ibrahim Tall
I would rather have 12,000 'unconditional' Hearts supporters there next season than a full house with people who pick and choose when they want to be 'happy' with the team.

Agree.

Though i'm sure someone will try and accuse you making out your a "better fan" or some bollocks by saying that.

Ryan Gosling

I hope those who don't renew and therefore don't watch the games will spare us their views on them afterwards also.

Dirk Diggler
I hope those who don't renew and therefore don't watch the games will spare us their views on them afterwards also.

That would be nice.

I hope you are looking forward to his defensive football.

:P

Our own little Slovak Levein. :)

Unfortunately not as good.

Charlie-Brown
Our own little Slovak Levein. :)

Unfortunately not as good.

How do you know this PTBCAL? Todays articles said Weiss liked to play counter-attacking football where as I'd say Levein at Hearts often liked to play route-one & long-ball football with a big target-man striker DeVries, McKenna etc.

Only a Game

I've renewed and I am one of only 9000 "unconditional" Hearts supporters who have done so at this point. Actually I'm not unconditional at all. I dont even know what you mean by that.

If Weiss is indeed appointed I dont expect that figure to grow much beyond 10,000 so where you are getting 12,000 unconditional Hearts fans from beats me.

This is a truly uninspiring appointment. It doesnt fulfil the 1st january statement and I'd like to see him and Romanov come out and say that he has 100% control because I dont believe he will have. Its a major major gamble we had no need to take as we had 3 safer candidates just waiting on a phone call.

However I am pleased I have fulfilled your conditions for being able to post here and give my opinion over the coming season. An opinion which it looks like the other 8999 unconditional supporters wont be sharing judging by your assesment of the situation.

Thanks for that.

As I have stated previously, the money for a season ticket is not there anymore. I would need to have done something about it earlier. VR lost my season ticket money when he mucked about so much last year.

My attendance to ANY game was in question, and still is in question until VR allows ANY coach (irrespective of my personal view on a new coach, this part was the only important bit) to be in charge of the team.

I will not use my hard earned cash to support VR's dream of peeing about with my football team. Some on here are quite happy to support VR's meddling with our team, I am not.

IF a coach is appointed and allowed to be the coach and pick the team, tactics, subs etc, I will return to Hearts games.

Ryan Gosling
How do you know this PTBCAL? Todays articles said Weiss liked to play counter-attacking football where as I'd say Levein at Hearts often liked to play route-one & long-ball football with a big target-man striker DeVries, McKenna etc.

Counter-attacking football is the most attractive thing about Euro 2008 at the moment.

Toxteth O'Grady
Counter-attacking football is the most attractive thing about Euro 2008 at the moment.

I look forward to us counter attacking at home against Hamilton, St Mirren Inverness etc.

Drylaw Hearts

Will that include you when you don't go to matches ?

Only a Game

Which team in particular have based their game plan on counter attacking and entertained you.

Please dont tell me you think the Dutch's game plan is based on counter attacking ?

I dont mind a team being ABLE to counter-attack as part of their make up, but teams who use it as their ONLY or MAIN way of getting a goal are deathly boring

NMH

Relax.

Myself and DH are at the wind up with each other.

Obviously I am winning - again. :P

Which team in particular have based their game plan on counter attacking and entertained you.

Please dont tell me you think the Dutch's game plan is based on counter attacking ?

I dont mind a team being ABLE to counter-attack as part of their make up, but teams who use it as their ONLY or MAIN way of getting a goal are deathly boring

Easy the Ruskies.

If they had a decent striker in their locker then would be right up there.

No.

I'll still pay at the gate though. Damn glory-hunting, Johnny-come-lately, Hobo, 'conditional' part-timer that I am. :rolleyes:

Only a Game
Easy the Ruskies.

They havent been as good as I thought they were going to be but I think they play some neat tidy football through the midfield.They're a young team and maybe havent had the confidence to be agressive enough but I wouldn't say they are an overly counter attacking team as their main tactic.

Havent really noticed that they were sitting back and hitting teams on the break. Have they really been doing that throughout games or is it just part of their game.

There's a big difference in the watchability of a defensive team who sit back all day and hit teams on the break and a team who are capable of counter-attacking quickly and efficiently but dont rely on that alone.

chester copperpot

Do you copy and paste that post every thread you enter?

Easy the Ruskies.

I would argue that it is not the lack of a striker but the lack of someone that can play that final ball. They play lots of nice tippy tappy football yet rarely get anywhere. If they had that boy Arshavin (injured?) in their team they would have done better in that respect. IMO, Pavlyuchenko is a cracking centre forward. Scored against England in the groups, Scored each leg against C*lt!c and has scored in this very tournament.

I won't even mention their defence!

Drylaw Hearts
NMH

Relax.

Myself and DH are at the wind up with each other.

Obviously I am winning - again. :P

It's going to be a long season.

crazy_jambo_2006

I still don't understand how Hearts fans can be called "glory hunters".

For the record, I haven't renewed. But have followed Hearts for years through the bad times. So I am a glory hunter just because I won't give Romanov more cash?! If I were a glory hunter, I'd have a season ticket for a club where trophies were won every year!!!!

But anyway, Hearts - through those bad times, the manager picked the team and the team (while limited or mediocre) played for the shirt.

Romanov is a disgrace and he gets away with it.

----------------------------------------------

I would argue that it is not the lack of a striker but the lack of someone that can play that final ball. They play lots of nice tippy tappy football yet rarely get anywhere. If they had that boy Arshavin (injured?) in their team they would have done better in that respect. IMO, Pavlyuchenko is a cracking centre forward. Scored against England in the groups, Scored each leg against C*lt!c and has scored in this very tournament.

I won't even mention their defence!

Agree - their defence is extremely average.

Pavlyuchenko is excellant - just lacks a real killer instinct. At times last night he/and the team in general carved open Greece at will. However it has to be said it was a poor Greek side.

If they can tighten up at the back then the have a real chance against Sweden.

Agree - their defence is extremely average.

Pavlyuchenko is excellant - just lacks a real killer instinct. At times last night he/and the team in general carved open Greece at will. However it has to be said it was a poor Greek side.

If they can tighten up at the back then the have a real chance against Sweden.

Arshavin was suspended for the first two games and will be back for this one, I still reckon Russia are a good outside bet for the tournament.

Back on the original topic, in all honesty I'm not sure. I'll wait and see what kind of things Weiss has to say for himself if he is announced, even then it's not guaranteed that I'll renew/ buy a new season ticket (given the renewal date has now gone).

I don't buy into this 'unconditional support' nonsense, some people just have different breaking points, personally I feel like I've been mugged of my season ticket money the last two seasons and have chosen to act like a normal consumer in this instance in that I've withheld my custom in the hope that it will give the club an incentive to win it back. If everyone supported the club unconditionally what would there be to stop Romanov having Hearts playing in Green and tartan hoops with 11 men plucked from the street and a circus clown as manager?

As I have stated previously, the money for a season ticket is not there anymore. I would need to have done something about it earlier. VR lost my season ticket money when he mucked about so much last year.

My attendance to ANY game was in question, and still is in question until VR allows ANY coach (irrespective of my personal view on a new coach, this part was the only important bit) to be in charge of the team.

I will not use my hard earned cash to support VR's dream of peeing about with my football team. Some on here are quite happy to support VR's meddling with our team, I am not.

IF a coach is appointed and allowed to be the coach and pick the team, tactics, subs etc, I will return to Hearts games.

Surely it is the club you support and not VR, remember there will still be a Hearts team playing in some form when VR has gone. Get behind the players of the famous HMFC , you don`t have to agree with anything he says or does but it will still probably irk more than just you. KEEP THE FAITH, you know it makes sense. :thumb:

Surely it is the club you support and not VR, remember there will still be a Hearts team playing in some form when VR has gone. Get behind the players of the famous HMFC , you don`t have to agree with anything he says or does but it will still probably irk more than just you. KEEP THE FAITH, you know it makes sense. :thumb:

Correct. Hence I support the club but do not support VR. To support VR I would have to give him my cash. I will support VR if he lets the football be run in a professional way.

At this moment, when every penny we have goes to the debt he owns, it is impossible to separate the two.

As I say, it does not sit well with me, it does with others.

PresidentRomanov
Do you copy and paste that post every thread you enter?

If you can show me that same post on another thread, I'll give you ?1000 :)

Clerry Jambo
Dont think it will but they will be squealing about the increase in walk up prices to watch Hearts play the likes of Hamilton and St Midden.

do we need another renewing debate?

Couldn't find the walk up prices for next season on the website - has anyone seen them - not renewing next season

i am a hearts fan so renewed my season ticket at first opportunity - for better or for worse, for season with high hopes or no hopes it does not matter - thats what true supporters do.

Archived