Hearts supporter loses job for taking 5-1 picture with Lennon

queensferryjambo

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

MP are you insecure and use your boasts about money and material things to "prove" you have worth?

There's no need. :placate:

Proper rich folk and Tories don't boast about it.

They just are what they are.

My two boss's are such folk, two nicer guys you won't meet.

Only plastic Tories and wannabe rich folk boast about it and in the process look like twats.

...a bit disco

Aye, so over it down Easter Road way.

Hibs would not comment. But a club insider said: ?Hibs spent a lot of money at Dynamic Earth on this bash.

?To find a staff member was insulting the team was not on really. That?s why words were exchanged.?

alwaysthereinspirit

Maybe it is karma but do we have to sink to their level?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Their level? 39 years we listened to 7 - 0. And good for them. They deserved it. They embarrassed us 7 - 0.

But 5 - 1 in the nations association cup final changed everything. I will rejoice in that score line till the day I die or until they some how turn it around (unlikely). Giving someone the 5 - 1 of a #ibs persuasion will never be more than football banter. Its not reaching someone elses level.

Us singing songs about a dead mans sickness would be sinking to a level.

gooners1886

6675833de9cccaee845aa679633f3cf1.png1e7b29b96020be20a428f7a50e3d41c2.pngjustice for Steven give him his job back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

I agree that I wish we had more recent victories to GIRUT, but 2012 wasn't really that long ago. They might pretend that it doesn't bother them. But it does, and it will, for a long time. Anything that p1sses them off and any chance of 5-1 it I will take it. FTH

JudyJudyJudy

Whilst on the surface it seems like a harmless bit of fun, if you wear your company's logo on clothing you are their representive and taking a risk doing something like this.

Cummings may not be the sharpest tool in the box, which is probably why he can shrug this kind of thing off, but it's still pretty disrespectful to someone who has gone out their way to pose for a photo.

Lennon may be an obnoxious low life and one of the least most popular people ever to have graced Tynecastle, but what happened to treating people with respect.

Yeah i agree. I think it is pretty disprectful too.  Pathetic and juvenile as well.  Hes a grown man FFS .  

Bazzas right boot

I'm glad he thinks it's funny losing his job.

Tbf, gross misconduct is pushing it, a wee trip to the lawyers probably left him smiling.

All for it still being rubbed in to Hibs fans, but I'm not sure why Lennon would need to be reminded of a scoreline that had absolutely nothing to do with him.

Strange stuff.

He was the manager of our semi-final opponents. Surely you recall the calm, measured manner in which he approached referee Mr Norris after the final whistle to congratulate him on his handling of the tie?

alwaysthereinspirit

He was the manager of our semi-final opponents. Surely you recall the calm, measured manner in which he approached referee Mr Norris after the final whistle to congratulate him on his handling of the tie?

Yep, the consummate professional. Absolutely perfect for the way the Scottish game is run.

I've zero idea why he would go to a corporate event full of hibees and try that shit in all seriousness, keep the heid down or take the night off, don't choose to do a 5-1 with the biggest welt there is there (and that's saying something) 

He's definitely not brought it on himself but he's acted unprofessionally and you should never mix business with pleasure.  Seems to be enjoying his 5 (-1) minutes of fame mind so perhaps his job wasn't all that important to him where as I have different priorities with a young family these days. 

A warning should have sufficed surely? 

Seems excessive.

It's possible it might have more to do with the photo's being taken inside the venue when he's meant to be security - it could also be he wasn't directly employed with DE if they outsource their security and he was simply told to quit or a sacking will be on his CV meaning no reference for the last 2 years? 

The jj era

I've zero idea why he would go to a corporate event full of hibees and try that shit in all seriousness, keep the heid down or take the night off, don't choose to do a 5-1 with the biggest welt there is there (and that's saying something) 

He's definitely not brought it on himself but he's acted unprofessionally and you should never mix business with pleasure.  Seems to be enjoying his 5 (-1) minutes of fame mind so perhaps his job wasn't all that important to him where as I have different priorities with a young family these days. 

ur boring

Craig Gordons Gloves

Being Devil's Advocate maybe Neil Lennon is just sick and tired of this kind of stuff - he has been in multiple pictures over the years with people being nice to his face but doing something else behind his back. Although a wee 5-1 is hardly the worst thing anyone can do to you.

A5q3c7sCUAArVog.jpg

Haha -that's my mate Burnsie.  It was a few years ago now and he's a respectable businessman these days.  Still makes me laugh seeing that picture. 

The fact that it's got the media attention and a sharp reminder of their worst day in football history has given me a right semi.

A huge semi if I am being honest.

julienbrellier

is there a more petty, bitter club than Hibernian FC? 100% not.

Very Hibs thing to do - make someone lose their job after pulling a completely harmless prank

Even for them this is bad

The Internet

76209fe149f147b2d76d48482fbd49cd.pnggive Steven his job back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My local costcutter :pray: definitely on this guys side now.

...a bit disco

The fact that it's got the media attention and a sharp reminder of their worst day in football history has given me a right semi.

What?

As big as the semi in 2012?

Which Lennon lost?

Totally over the top. Doesn't even warrant a warning, let alone a dismissal. Dismal lack of humour from Lennon,  Hibs and the boy's management team.

Horrible club run by horrible people and supported be even more horrible, low life, vermin, sister-fisting, tramps.

Would it be too much to ask for that shitebag, bullyboy, popcorned toothed bigot to catch a dose of cockrot and suffer in the worst pain possible before it falling off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son Of Anarchy

Would it be too much to ask for that shitebag, bullyboy, popcorned toothed bigot to catch a dose of cockrot and suffer in the worst pain possible before it falling off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too late. Rumour has it that's why he's Mr angry all the time ;)

Fantastic point and deep down they will be ragin.

Oh dear! I'm sure our "authorities" will be dealing with SEVCO for tapping up our player!

its not tapping up as players can talk to other clubs without permission if they are in the last 6 months of their contract

Bazzas right boot

In all honesty I think Lennon is a bit mental

I know he has depression ( it's called managing hibs) but I think he's actually bat shit crazy.

Wouldn't surprise me that in tens year's or so he does something stupid or tragic.

Lad needs serious help.

Bazzas right boot

Joanna Lumley - would ye?

Be like shagging a mummy ( the Egyptian kind)

Stephen Muddie

In all honesty I think Lennon is a bit mental

I know he has depression ( it's called managing hibs) but I think he's actually bat shit crazy.

Wouldn't surprise me that in tens year's or so he does something stupid or tragic.

Lad needs serious help.

It's the strangest thing, I was actually thinking this about Lennon the other day. Potential High Courter IMO lol

Its all a bit bizarre.

Surely he could just deny that there was any sort of offense intended and ask Lennon what it is about a 1 and a 5 which offends him so deeply?

Maybe he was just waving with his left hand and holding up a '1' with his right to congratulate Lennon on his first place finish in the second tier of Scottish football perhaps......

Obviously we all 'know' that's not the case, but how do you actually prove it to the point of it justifying costing someone a job?

Its all a bit bizarre.

Surely he could just deny that there was any sort of offense intended and ask Lennon what it is about a 1 and a 5 which offends him so deeply?

Maybe he was just waving with his left hand and holding up a '1' with his right to congratulate Lennon on his first place finish in the second tier of Scottish football perhaps......

Obviously we all 'know' that's not the case, but how do you actually prove it to the point of it justifying costing someone a job?

I think his wife's Facebook post and him running to the papers prove his intention, and does him more damage than good.

John Findlay

As someone who witnessed 01/01/73 as a nine year laddie. I had to endure years of having the piss taking out of me by Hibs supporters. I took it on the chin regardless of how thin I thought it was wearing. You took it. As, one day you knew your time would come and you would be dishing it out. That day for me and thousands of others was 19/05/12. We finally got our payback day. If Hibs and their supporters can't handle it then tough. Believe you me they won't be so shy when it comes to dishing it out again. It's called rivalry. Get on with it. If you dish it out then you have to take it. If not, then don't give it.FTH always.

I think his wife's Facebook post and him running to the papers prove his intention, and does him more damage than good.

Yeah, the damage has surely been done now, but I was meaning more at the time he was asked to give up his job before the facebook post and paper stories.

I just think it woulda been a very hard thing to force someone to leave / sack them over.

Yeah, the damage has surely been done now, but I was meaning more at the time he was asked to give up his job before the facebook post and paper stories.

I just think it woulda been a very hard thing to force someone to leave / sack them over.

I guess it depends on his disciplinary history.

The moral is, don't do anything daft when wearing your work uniform, or whilst working, then post it on social media

Hungry hippo

I don't understand what he gained by quiting first then going to the papers etc. The only advantage of resigning was to brush it under the carpet but now everyone knows anyway. Looks to me like he would have been better fighting to keep his job then challenging it if he was sacked.

One of their players got 7-0 shaved into his head, so let's no be cutting Hibs any slack for this overreaction.

Cumbucket is probably still trying to figure out how many fingers the boy was holding up.

BlackhallJambo

They would have to class it as Gross Misconduct, unless he has had oral and written warnings for other misdemeanours. There is no recourse to an employment tribunal if he has resigned unless he can claim it was constructive dismissal i.e he had no other choice. One final thought is that if the company has chosen to have a company away day with one team in a 2 team city it could be argued that the guys reaction is a result of the company's decision to align itself to one specific club. Assuming they don't have similar links with Hearts which I suspect not.

Bowmans_Boot

One final thought is that if the company has chosen to have a company away day with one team in a 2 team city it could be argued that the guys reaction is a result of the company's decision to align itself to one specific club. Assuming they don't have similar links with Hearts which I suspect not.

Didnt Hibs simply hold an end of season event there? Hardly aligning themselves to Hibs.

Dallas Green

Cumbucket is probably still trying to figure out how many fingers the boy was holding up.

Oh, he knows exactly how many it was [emoji38]9e8303bbcb1e2ece85dec4b8c37844bc.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

been here before

All things considered each of the four people involved in this are Grade A tools for various reasond

The only one who comes out of this particular tale with any degree of reasonableness is the Cumster.

BlackhallJambo

Didnt Hibs simply hold an end of season event there? Hardly aligning themselves to Hibs.

I did say if. Not aware of the background nevertheless there are risks in companies either deliberately aligning or otherwise. Sure this would be a mitigating factor at an ET, IF a case was to land up there.

Archived