Hearts supporter loses job for taking 5-1 picture with Lennon

queensferryjambo

gorgie rd eh11

Correct. My hibs pals couldn't give a stuff about it after last year. Thanks for that neilson you scruffy tramp.

Anybody who believes they couldn't give a stuff about it is taking gullible to a new level.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joondalupjambo

Would they class it as gross misconduct? Maybe not the 5-1 gesture but post put out by the partner? That certainly harms the company "image" as they'd like to see it.

Is it a sackable offence? Probably not, a written warning would have sufficed but no doubt his wife's post got many shares and has worked out to his detriment.

Both guilty of crass stupidity more than anything else.

Guess it could be viewed that way but perhaps would depend what is in the guy's contract.  It could be a one strike rule, out the door, if gross misconduct was proved and was a contractural issue.  Think that is why I say get ready to defend yourself if the poo hits the fan.   I think stupidty is the answer  as you say but it could be the language used that raises the stakes.  Phones and fingers are a bad combination at times.

Folk still doing it only embarrass themselves.

Well that's me told.  Mars Plastic has spoken.

:muggy:

Seymour M Hersh

Would they class it as gross misconduct? Maybe not the 5-1 gesture but post put out by the partner? That certainly harms the company "image" as they'd like to see it.

Is it a sackable offence? Probably not, a written warning would have sufficed but no doubt his wife's post got many shares and has worked out to his detriment.

Both guilty of crass stupidity more than anything else.

Did the wife post before or after he was sacked? I don't do Facebook so can't see.

Not sure why his wife would post this story so publicly online and state Lennon reported her husband if he never.

The posts by the guys wife are on facebook today and she isn't holding back and she is asking people to share the story. I would doubt she would do so if she didn't believe her posts to be true.

I was shown the picture and told the same story at the Hearts Shareholders meeting on the 27th of April. The Hibs player of the year awards were on the 23rd of April so there is obviously the possibility his company were made aware of the pictures in between times rather than on the night IF they were posted online.

Out of interest what part of the story are you sceptical about? 

I'm smelling BS as well, it's all very strange.

I was expecting the facebook posts to be rants about how she and her husband were in the right and everyone else was in the wrong, and to be telling you that the type of person with no insight into her/himself is also the type of person with no discretion about whether to share things 'publicly' or not.

Having looked at the post she actually seems to be taking quite a humorous view of the supposed situation, quite accurately mimicking a known Facebook/ internet meme style (ie. 'Be like Bill'), and her slogan is not 'Justice for Bowie' or 'Reinstate my husband' but 'Neil Lennon is a grass, pass it on.' Almost as if it was worth the husband getting sacked for her to make fun of Lennon.

And how did the brother get hold of the photo within 20 minutes if none of the family talk to him, and is it not a story that the Evening News would probably have got hold of by now if true? I tried to google to see if it was covered anywhere else, but the only thing that came up was this thread.

kingantti1874

Why the **** would Neil lennon care? He had nothing to do with it.. What an arseholes..

Cumdog secretly wishes he could still do it..

Mars plastic

Anybody who believes they couldn't give a stuff about it is taking gullible to a new level.

Winning that cup was their raison d'etre. When they won it everything before it became irrelevant to them. If you don't believe that then you're the gullible one.

Also, obviously not conclusive as it may not be the same person, but the only Scott Craig Garriock on facebook is actually a coach with Hearts.

gorgie rd eh11

Winning that cup was their raison d'etre. When they won it everything before it became irrelevant to them. If you don't believe that then you're the gullible one.

Aye they just don't care. This thread is proof of that.

Want to buy a castle?

Son Of Anarchy

Stop doing the 5-1? Aye right :lol: Shame to upset Mars Plastics hibs mates right enough :rofl:

thee jambo

Aye they just don't care. This thread is proof of that.

Want to buy a castle?

Totally agree. its even better when you tell them they got their photo taken with the fake cup. A few came in to work with there photos for a wind up , you should have seen their faces when I told them the real cup has not been outside of hampden since 2001. The only ones to have held the real thing from their grotty little club are as rare as england world cup winners. they were not to happy.

mahgrassyshoes

Whilst it was fairly harmless, it was really stupid. Lennon is a really volatile character and, whilst he wasn't part of the Hibs set up that year, he was manager of the Celtic team we put out in the semi's. I'm sure we all remember how well he took that.

What is even stupider is the wife putting it all over social media when the company had been fairly decent in letting him walk instead of be fired. It's been kept quiet for a good while now. Future employers would never need to know he's been punted for being daft.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

"Lennon is a grass. pass it on!"

giphy.gif

Bowmans_Boot

I dont believe 19/05/12 is irrelevant to them but winning the cup certainly helped to move on from it.

In the same way, winning the league wouldnt stop the memory of Dens hurting, but would ease the pain somewhat.

I find the 5-1 stuff a bit cringey and have said that for a while. I want new moments/victories to shout at them about, not continually refer back to that day, as wonderful as it was. It has also been used as our comfort blanket, which doesnt help us.

Mars plastic

Stop doing the 5-1? Aye right :lol: Shame to upset Mars Plastics hibs mates right enough :rofl:

We're sitting debating this over a glass of 2006 LP champagne in first class on our way to the game. It's an emphatic no no from our squad.

hmfc_liam06

I find the 5-1 stuff a bit cringey and have said that for a while. I want new moments/victories to shout at them about, not continually refer back to that day, as wonderful as it was. It has also been used as our comfort blanket, which doesnt help us.

:spoton:

As I said previously, that's the kind of patter that's all very Hibernian.

MP are you insecure and use your boasts about money and material things to "prove" you have worth?

There's no need.  :placate:  

mahgrassyshoes

We're sitting debating this over a glass of 2006 LP champagne in first class on our way to the game. It's an emphatic no no from our squad.

You're discussing it with your Hibs mates on the way to a Rangers Hearts game. Seems legit.

fabienleclerq

The only edinburgh cup final in 100 years and we pumped them silly, why would we not go on about it? Strange not to.

Maroon Sailor

Well deserved champagne if you ask me

All roads lead to Gorgie

I dont believe 19/05/12 is irrelevant to them but winning the cup certainly helped to move on from it.

In the same way, winning the league wouldnt stop the memory of Dens hurting, but would ease the pain somewhat.

:spoton: Time to get it right on the pitch next season and put them firmly back where they belong.

You're discussing it with your Hibs mates on the way to a Rangers Hearts game. Seems legit.

Can confirm all four of us are hearts.

The Internet

Kind of agree, although we have had our moments since then. Repeatedly beating them with an under 21 team and then strolling a league with them and Rangers in it are pretty good. Just a shame we haven't sorted our shit out and they've been able to have their best derby run in recent times while stuck in a league below us :lol: I really hope we get it fixed next season.

OmiyaHearts

My contract at work has lots of stuff in it about social media. Especially negative Facebook and twitter posts. I imagine I'd get in trouble for similar, it's the company brand after all.

I can't even go in a pub after work with my uniform on.

I can vouch for mars hearts credentials as I've had the pleasure of meeting the man!!!

Feckin mess he leaves the trains mind!!!! :wink:

Lennon had nothing to do with that game, why bother...

bauld willie

Whilst on the surface it seems like a harmless bit of fun, if you wear your company's logo on clothing you are their representive and taking a risk doing something like this.

Cummings may not be the sharpest tool in the box, which is probably why he can shrug this kind of thing off, but it's still pretty disrespectful to someone who has gone out their way to pose for a photo.

Lennon may be an obnoxious low life and one of the least most popular people ever to have graced Tynecastle, but what happened to treating people with respect.

Mars plastic

I can vouch for mars hearts credentials as I've had the pleasure of meeting the man!!!

Feckin mess he leaves the trains mind!!!! :wink:

YAAAASSS!! Cheers my big pal!

I can confirm there was no vintage spilt this morning! Your brother in law is a top boy!

Mister Dee

It should have been 10.

Can't wait to see the welcome Lennon gets on his return to Tynecastle Park.

Off course Jason took it well, he's a Jambo and has done the same in the past.

Lennon is a bitter, Hearts hating, republican smelly tramp.

Hibs are over it though :rofl:

Despite what they say they will never get over it. Feck hibs and all who sail in her. 5-1 will haunt them for ever.  Its a shame for the guy who lost his job over  a bit of banter. Vermin will be vermin until they are eradicated. Next season when we play them don't forget to bring the rat poison.

Coburg Hearts

In keeping with the current JKB thinking we should totally forget about it, it was just another game. We should be ashamed for even mentioning it, such is the irrelevance. I

mean H1B5 are so much more amazeballs than us, we should be embarrassed that they've not even been in the same league as us for the last three years (I'm including the year Jobbie Weebum fluked the league by March -

He's a disgrace and should've gifted the league to H1B5). We should apologise for 22 in a row, 17 in a row, 5-1, 4-0...they all mean nothing.

Aye ******* right, **** those H1B5 *****, including the many sad H1B5 ***** who post bullshit on here, lapped up by the sad ***** on here. *****.

Too right,mate, too ****ing right

It should have been 10.

Can't wait to see the welcome Lennon gets on his return to Tynecastle Park.

He was there this season ?

Anyone read the facebook post lol, seems a bit of a thicko tbh or a wind up.

Like I said, my money's on the latter - parts of it seem too clever to have been written by a thicko.

zoltan socrates

As long as there is even just one prick still giving it the january 73 game shite, then the 5-1 remains

And never let those cnts forget it

He was there this season ?

:lol: never let them forget fair do's but to be a grown man, on the job doing hand gestures behind Hibs staffs back 5 years on for **** sake. Guy could have at least done the Beattie to Lennon to make it worthwhile. Cummings seems happy though.

John Findlay

The 5-1 stuff is bad

Yes do it with players involved at the time and if we had lauded it over them ever since but 5-1 is now like their 0-7 I'd rather smash them every game than hold onto 1 win.

At the Skacel tribute night a group had a picture with Pospisil and they were all like do the 5

Pospisil responded with but I only won 4-0 v Hibs

It was the final the first in that competition between the teams 116 years. We never let them forget. They got 2pts for 0-7. We got the Scottish Cup for 1-5. Spot the difference.

Mars plastic

MP are you insecure and use your boasts about money and material things to "prove" you have worth?[/size]

There's no need. [/size] :placate:  [/size]

Not boasting mate. We were literalky discussing it over a lovely bottle of 2006 LP. Had we been discussing it over a can of Dr. Pepper I'd have posted that.

John Findlay

Call yourself PHM. You are on the wind up sahn and have been sinice day one.

Tommy Brown

Let's not forget that they persisted for nearly 40 years with their result as a reply for 30 years of torment.

What he tried to do with Lennon was rude and looks as if he was caught in the act. If I was NL, l would have been pissed off. For what its worth, I don't particularly like the NL.

Must be my age, but I find this grabbing celebs and getting selfies naff.

Maybe if in their company or having a good conversation prior.

Mars plastic

Call yourself PHM. You are on the wind up sahn and have been sinice day one.

My credentials are beyond reproach, john. As well you know.

Maybe the boy should run up into his bosses face and snarl and scream "are you sure?".

Archived