Eurovision Song Contest 2017

AppleTarts

Ibrahim Tall

What's the Ukraine song this year? They went for something less political this time, maybe just a song called '????? ???? ?????' instead?

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That winning song from last year was shite.

They need to find a better way of allocating the points. The judges are crap.

They just changed it last year so that public voting gets a much bigger say.

Each country's jury gives scores 1-12 as normal then that country's public vote also scores from 1-12.

It really shows up the disparity between the judges and what the public want.

AppleTarts

What's the Ukraine song this year? They went for something less political this time, maybe just a song called '????? ???? ?????' instead?

Time, alternative metal song.

Sooperstar

They just changed it last year so that public voting gets a much bigger say

Aye but the judges probably all know each other and have a wee chat about their favourites. Too easy to influence each other. The favourite recently seems to win more often than not and it tends to be a shite song. I want nonsense euro trash to have a chance of success.

Ibrahim Tall

Time, alternative metal song.

That isn't that bad to be honest. Better than half the crap tonight.

Aye but the judges probably all know each other and have a wee chat about their favourites. Too easy to influence each other. The favourite recently seems to win more often than not and it tends to be a shite song. I want nonsense euro trash to have a chance of success.

Also, many of the songs are released months before the event and become huge smash hits across Europe so the public already know them and vote for them (see Satellite, Euphoria and Only Teardrops for prime examples)

Ibrahim Tall

Must have taken an eternity to write the Spanish entry, lyrical masterpiece.

Maroon Sailor

Must have taken an eternity to write the Spanish entry, lyrical masterpiece.

Yeah didn't quite catch the name of that song

Maroon Sailor

Italy is going to skoosh it with that gorilla

Maroon Sailor

Armenia to win.

Nobody beating that Italian Gorilla

peter_hmfc

Australia through, kick these bandits out ffs.

:cornette: .

peter_hmfc

Poland through, absolutely no surprise with all the back-handers probably going about. Disgraceful these countries should be allowed to ruin this competition.

AppleTarts

Going to lump for Sweden, Australia, Portugal, Belgium, Armenia, Cyprus, Moldova, Greece, Azerbaijan and Finland

Ah sakes, I even said to my friend I can see Poland going through instead of Finland :lol: I'll take 9/10 though

Ah sakes, I even said to my friend I can see Poland going through instead of Finland :lol: I'll take 9/10 though

That was a good shout.

deesidejambo

Moldova started the night at 110/1, now 50s.

Still decent call at 50s

Ibrahim Tall

Didn't think Poland was that bad tbh, Portugal was infinitely worse. Those that didn't get through were all awful.

peter_hmfc

Just realised the slogan for the competition is "Create Diversity"... in one of the most racist countries in Europe :lol: .

Maroon Sailor

That Portugal guy has a face like he's just had a shit for the first time in 4 days

Sooperstar

Just realised the slogan for the competition is "Create Diversity"... in one of the most racist countries in Europe :lol: .

Celebrate Diversity. It's probably just to piss off the Russians.

Didn't think Poland was that bad tbh, Portugal was infinitely worse. Those that didn't get through were all awful.

Half agree. Although I did actually really like Slovenia and Czech Republic. Both should be there on Saturday for me.

Silvery_Moon

If the epic sax guy can convert some of his Youtube following then Moldova could have a good night on Saturday.

peter_hmfc

If the epic sax guy can convert some of his Youtube following then Moldova could have a good night on Saturday.

There's no realistic way they could do this when a significant amount would be in the US.

Maroon Sailor

Portugal odds coming right in. Could be favourites by Saturday night at this rate.

F F S !

That plonker better not beat my eye tie gorilla

F F S !

That plonker better not beat my eye tie gorilla

There is no chance Italy aren't winning this. His video has over 110m views compared to Portugal's 2m. Portugal's odds have only dropped due to the semifinals which of course Italy don't compete in.

AppleTarts

I can't believe that no-one has mentioned the Romanian yodeller yet.

Fun fact about Ilinca is that she missed her high school prom because of Eurovision commitments this week.

Also performing tonight is Macedonia:

IMG_3934-960x1200.jpg

and Denmark:

Anja+Nissen+29th+Annual+ARIA+Awards+2015

peter_hmfc

These hosts could give Morgan a run for his money in the Shan Chat thread.

Chronic.

Archived