Eurovision Song Contest 2017

AppleTarts

Hard go argue with the last 50 contributors....

Grew up in up 70s nd 80s when UK and Ireland bad a fighting chance...

The scoring is pointless

Turnip for the vote......................only 12 points to give to the winner............no Dana, brotherhood of man, buxxfizz or johnny logan

Maybe its fouled..

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ibrahim Tall

To be honest, when the UK is sending singers that are barely heard of in their own country singing songs that wouldn't even chart in UK itself - it has a cheek expecting foreigners to love it and vote for it.

peter_hmfc

To be honest, when the UK is sending singers that are barely heard of in their own country singing songs that wouldn't even chart in UK itself - it has a cheek expecting foreigners to love it and vote for it.

Problem with this year isn't that the UK didn't win, it's that a fairly limp and dull song did.

Ibrahim Tall

Problem with this year isn't that the UK didn't win, it's that a fairly limp and dull song did.

Don't disagree, wouldn't have even had it in my top 5 let alone win.

Given the British music fills the top of the charts in every country in the world and the entire competition is done in English, it really should be a piece of piss for the UK to win though. Year on year however we send utter garbage and act surprised it doesn't score higher or blame tactical voting.

Sooperstar

Don't disagree, wouldn't have even had it in my top 5 let alone win.

Given the British music fills the top of the charts in every country in the world and the entire competition is done in English, it really should be a piece of piss for the UK to win though. Year on year however we send utter garbage and act surprised it doesn't score higher or blame tactical voting.

Absolutely. If the UK started sending popular, known artists then we'd win it regularly.

Jambo-Jimbo

Absolutely. If the UK started sending popular, known artists then we'd win it regularly.

We used to send some of our top artists, such as Cliff Richard, Lulu, Sandie Shaw, Olivia Newton-John, The New Seekers, The Shadows.

Maybe the UK needs to start taking the competition seriously again.

The winner wasn't my cup of tea, but I was glad Germany got so little points for their blatant clone of Titanium.

Maroon Sailor

The winner wasn't my cup of tea, but I was glad Germany got so little points for their blatant clone of Titanium.

There were a few songs that sounded close to things I've heard in the past. Sweden, Bulgaria and bits in the Italian one.

Jambo-Jimbo

There were a few songs that sounded close to things I've heard in the past. Sweden, Bulgaria and bits in the Italian one.

Yeh agreed, as there is only a certain number of chords there has to be similarities cropping up from time to time and can only increase as time goes by and that doesn't just apply to Eurovision but music in general.

It was between Moldova, Ukraine and Bulgaria for me.

Portugal was an awful song by an awkward man. My girlfriend loved it :muggy:

Seymour M Hersh

Shite winner, the worst winning song since Serbia 2008 and Marija Serifovic.

Last year's was critically bad as well. Sweden's was a total rip off of Justin Timberlake's song that he performed at the Eurovision in (quelle surprise) Sweden last year.

Seymour M Hersh

Overall I thought last night's show was poor. The three presenters were appalling and the "quality" of the songs poor (imho). Not nearly enough Europop upbeat nonsense for me.

rudi must stay

Overall I thought last night's show was poor. The three presenters were appalling and the "quality" of the songs poor (imho). Not nearly enough Europop upbeat nonsense for me.

Even Graham Norton disliked them. They were very awkward interviewing people and had a few funny moments but not many. Thought the quality was the best in years, apart from the yodelling there were no 'eurovision' eg not really music but somehow acceptable in Eurovision songs, and I hope the Belgian lady releases her song, really didn't expect a good tune in Eurovision and it actually sounded new and different

Even Graham Norton disliked them. They were very awkward interviewing people and had a few funny moments but not many. Thought the quality was the best in years, apart from the yodelling there were no 'eurovision' eg not really music but somehow acceptable in Eurovision songs, and I hope the Belgian lady releases her song, really didn't expect a good tune in Eurovision and it actually sounded new and different

The Belgian song is already a big selling single all across Europe. Came out March 8th

Tory councillor suspended for 6 months pending investigation after tweeting this when Ireland failed to give the UK 12 points.

e3f1bb3624f0372f6e820ce00d5ecb944676a3a0

:cornette:

Tory councillor suspended for 6 months pending investigation after tweeting this when Ireland failed to give the UK 12 points.

e3f1bb3624f0372f6e820ce00d5ecb944676a3a0

:cornette:

Fair points.

• 6 months later...

Archived