Well done Cathro that's more fans your driving away.

mitch41

Finlay James

Some may think this is a suerb post but it is full of errors. Too many errors to list but the one bit of the post that had me laughing (i'm sorry) was the green shoots bit.

I think what you mean to say is that the guys post (which is superb by the way) was too well thought, intelligent and contrary to your own agenda against the club.

The green shoots he refers to are blindingly obvious to the vast majority but a tiny minority of you just can't (or won't) see it.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TexasAndy

26 attempts on goal which in reality should have converted to 5 or 6 on the day.  If we had won 5-2 then we wouldn't have to keep going through the same rubbish on KB.

26 attempts on goal which in reality should have converted to 5 or 6 on the day. If we had won 5-2 then we wouldn't have to keep going through the same rubbish on KB.

The reality is we didn't have 90% of these shots until we went a goal down.

Does it not concern you that we very very rarely have a go at team's from the first whistle?

The fact is that we drew 2-2 at home to a ten men Patrick Thistle.

On the OP point, whilst the majority of us will renew out of loyalty and love of our club, we need to be keeping and attracting more 'fair weather' fans, that will not be happening imo and should be a cause of concern for all fans.

3fingersreid

I think what you mean to say is that the guys post (which is superb by the way) was too well thought, intelligent and contrary to your own agenda against the club.

The green shoots he refers to are blindingly obvious to the vast majority but a tiny minority of you just can't (or won't) see it.

Well I guess I'm in the minority as on the field I don't notice any green shoots , perhaps you could educate me in explaining what I'm missing ?

Jam Tarts 1874

26 attempts on goal which in reality should have converted to 5 or 6 on the day.  If we had won 5-2 then we wouldn't have to keep going through the same rubbish on KB.

Partick Thistle also had some good chances.

In the first 30 mins - 1 attempt - off target.

stranraer-jambo

OK

Tempo. Early on too many long balls played up to isolated striker.

?Tempo for first 10/15 minutes and whole second was half was very high. Not 'long balls' but diagonal passes switching play to Isma who had managed to get in behind the defence.

Every build up that involved Tziolis was slow slow slow. Partick were wide open many times and our players were in the wrong positions to capitalise.

??See above.

Chouley was in some great positions but by the time he received the ball he was being closed down. He toiled but a lot of that was due to the fact he shouldn't of been in the starting line up.

?Chouley wasted some great opportunities to get the ball into the box where Isma, Walker and Cowie had taken up good position.

As for the warm up ....coaching is one thing but Cathro you need to have players that can play that way.

?The high tempo, player interchanging and 'game plan' that was evident in the warm up was being implemented many times during the game. The players to fully implement this will arrive over the summer. Incidentally the warm up is carried out by AM.

The supporters aren't nervous they're frustrated and even angry.

?The supporters only became angry when things didn't happen or when we went behind - they were nervous at the start of the game.

Some players tried harder when things went wrong, some hid and true some showed nerves. Leadership of the team comes from the manager and Cathro doesn't ooze confidence in players or fans going by what we witness every week. Yes professional players have a degree of blame but the team has to have a solid style/system which we do not have.

?Cathro changed the style from previous matches. Three at the back for starters. He is at least trying with the hand he has been dealt with.

Now we had many chances but many of the moves are too complicated.

?Teams that sit in and hit on the counter, especially at Tynecastle, are notoriously hard to break down. Supporters complain when long hopeful balls are sent into the box. Quick movement, quick passing and player interchange are necessary to break this down. That doesn't mean it is complicated.

Football is a simple game but even when a simple one on one is missed it shows we haven't any natural striker. Cathro signed 9 players in january most of them i'd bin. Poor signings gets managers sacked and saying they are stop gap tells supporters that the season from january is a time to run up the white flag with you dreaming of it being better next season.

?We were left with an imbalanced squad and a squad short of numbers, even more so with 7 departures during January. It has been acknowledged that January is a poor window to recruit. What were we to do - not sign anyone or sign more on longer contracts, cutting down our options in the summer window?

You talk about 'ethos' i take you mean culture well i believe in the academy but only time will tell if we have the right formula. What i don't believe in is this Levein led system of coaches moving up the ladder from the kids to the first team. We have already tried to send a coach (Fox) out to Cowdenbeath for experience and they had to get rid of him because he was rubbish. I take it he's back with Hearts.

?The Academy and coaching models are a long term strategy - you cannot realistically expect instant success? Coaches going out to other clubs is for experience (like players), something fans have complained about that our coaches lack. There is also a difference between head coach and manager in our plan.

Now these green shoots you talk about where are they ?

?26 chances against a team that has caused Aberdeen and Celtic problems in recent weeks? It demonstrates that our play/style/strategy led to something tangible and didn't fizzle out. That these chances were not converted is a different issue.

You talk about not qualifying for Europe as a blessing well if you ask the likes of walker paterson and nicholson they will tell you the experience was fantastic.

??Agreed, the experience for the players (and supporters) is fantastic. I think for this season only we might be better served by having a proper pre season, instead of a rushed one if we were in Europe, so as to prepare properly with a new squad for the domestic season ahead. Any other season I would take Europe as a minimum.

Now i need another drink.

?I think I will join you :D  :D 

?I think we may have to agree to disagree on some of these point, mitch41.

?Thank you for taking the effort to respond to my post.  :thumbsup: 

bauld willie

OK

Tempo. Early on too many long balls played up to isolated striker.

?Tempo for first 10/15 minutes and whole second was half was very high. Not 'long balls' but diagonal passes switching play to Isma who had managed to get in behind the defence.

Every build up that involved Tziolis was slow slow slow. Partick were wide open many times and our players were in the wrong positions to capitalise.

??See above.

Chouley was in some great positions but by the time he received the ball he was being closed down. He toiled but a lot of that was due to the fact he shouldn't of been in the starting line up.

?Chouley wasted some great opportunities to get the ball into the box where Isma, Walker and Cowie had taken up good position.

As for the warm up ....coaching is one thing but Cathro you need to have players that can play that way.

?The high tempo, player interchanging and 'game plan' that was evident in the warm up was being implemented many times during the game. The players to fully implement this will arrive over the summer. Incidentally the warm up is carried out by AM.

The supporters aren't nervous they're frustrated and even angry.

?The supporters only became angry when things didn't happen or when we went behind - they were nervous at the start of the game.

Some players tried harder when things went wrong, some hid and true some showed nerves. Leadership of the team comes from the manager and Cathro doesn't ooze confidence in players or fans going by what we witness every week. Yes professional players have a degree of blame but the team has to have a solid style/system which we do not have.

?Cathro changed the style from previous matches. Three at the back for starters. He is trying with the hand he has been dealt with.

Now we had many chances but many of the moves are too complicated.

?Teams that sit in and hit on the counter, especially at Tynecastle, are notoriously hard to break down. Supporters complain when long hopeful balls are sent into the box. Quick movement, quick passing and player interchange are necessary to break this down.

Football is a simple game but even when a simple one on one is missed it shows we haven't any natural striker. Cathro signed 9 players in january most of them i'd bin. Poor signings gets managers sacked and saying they are stop gap tells supporters that the season from january is a time to run up the white flag with you dreaming of it being better next season.

?We were left with an imbalanced squad and a squad short of numbers, even more so with 7 departures during January. It has been acknowledged that January is a poor window to recruit. What were we to do - not sign anyone or sign more on longer contracts, cutting down our options in the summer window?

You talk about 'ethos' i take you mean culture well i believe in the academy but only time will tell if we have the right formula. What i don't believe in is this Levein led system of coaches moving up the ladder from the kids to the first team. We have already tried to send a coach (Fox) out to Cowdenbeath for experience and they had to get rid of him because he was rubbish. I take it he's back with Hearts.

?The Academy and coaching models are a long term strategy - you cannot realistically expect instant success? Coaches going out to other clubs is for experience (like players), something fans have complained about that our coaches lack. There is also a difference between head coach and manager in our plan.

Now these green shoots you talk about where are they ?

?26 chances against a team that has caused Aberdeen and Celtic problems in recent weeks? It demonstrates that our play/style/strategy led to something tangible and didn't fizzle out. That thgese chances were not converted is a different issue.

You talk about not qualifying for Europe as a blessing well if you ask the likes of walker paterson and nicholson they will tell you the experience was fantastic.

??Agreed, the experience for the players (and supporters) is fantastic. I think for this season only we might be better served by having a proper pre season, instead of a rushed one if we were in Europe, so as to prepare properly with a new squad for the domestic season ahead.

Now i need another drink.

?I think I will join you :D:D

?I think we may have to agree to disagree on some of these point, mitch41.

?Thank you for taking the effort to respond to my post. :thumbsup:

You can try and change history all you want but it facts are facts.

Had it not been for the dubious penalty we were gifted and the rediculous decision to send of their player, Cathro was content to go for the draw. If anything Partick looked the more likely at 11 a side.

Jambof3tornado

You can try and change history all you want but it facts are facts.

Had it not been for the dubious penalty we were gifted and the rediculous decision to send of their player, Cathro was content to go for the draw. If anything Partick looked the more likely at 11 a side.

Utter tosh.

Isma scores instead of passing it back to their keeper we take 3 points.

Going for the draw my arse.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

I wonder what the excuses would have been if we never got that penalty decision? Thankfully going by the poll people aren't buying them as it's shifted about 15 percent.

Tick Tock.

Ron Burgundy

We are a shambles.

It'll take more than a close season and shiny new stand to fix the mess we are in.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I wonder what the excuses would have been if we never got that penalty decision? Thankfully going by the poll people aren't buying them as it's shifted about 15 percent.

Tick Tock.

Tick tock?

stranraer-jambo

Tick Tock.

I see you replied to my earlier post in this thread that the performance against PT was not all doom and gloom by insulting and name calling me (even though we have not met nor disagreed previously), but you have conveniently avoided my follow up post when I called you out for this - and now carry on posting as though nothing has happened.

Class indeed!

socrates82

Ian Cathro is out of his depth and incapableof managing Hearts, citation: 5 wins from 26 games

19% win percentage, pitiful.

Robbie Neilson's win percentage was close to 60%. And folk moaned about him as much as they're now moaning about Cathro. Some are just never happy.

bauld willie

Robbie Neilson's win percentage was close to 60%. And folk moaned about him as much as they're now moaning about Cathro. Some are just never happy.

Neilson had run his course at Hearts and he himself knew this, which is why he left.

Remember we were utterly abysmal away from home and the money spinner statement was too much for some. Frustration in the support was widespread.

Cathro has been monumentally worse than Neilson, but change was going to happen.

Those who complain are just seeing a different path forward and there is nothing wrong with that. Change can be a good thing if done well.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Correct. Defending a successful manager is perfectly reasonable! His style of play is what divided people with I personally think is a ****ing stupid reason but he's gone now. Cathro on the other hand is just plain awful in nearly every aspect in management and a 30 minute spell against a hard done by Partick doesn't change that.

Archived