Well done Cathro that's more fans your driving away.

mitch41

Bazzas right boot

Did we hell. LOL

One man up and the rest of the team sitting back in our own half - what game were you watching!!!

The game where we drew 2-2 and pressed high .

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bazzas right boot

I truly don't believe Cathro is the issue. I think his lack of experience is certainly a factor but put Souttar and Hughes into that defence and its a different story, likewise Cathro cannot make Goncalves, Johnson or Walker more clinical (Although to give Goncalves his dues he can actually score regularly).

Players like Avolontis, Tziolis Kitchen, Sowah, Struna, Djoum and Walker aren't turning up most weeks and they are letting him down.

We are creating chances but players aren't taking them effectively. The style of play to some extent is working, the final ball just isn't there.

(SIGN BOYCE LEVEIN)

I'm here as well.

However, I think Cathro made too many changes and with players on short deals, his lack of experience was showing here, it has affected the overall morale and team ethic. You generally just can't throw players together and expect things to work, especially when things were ok or even good imo to start, no need to roll the dice so soon.

Cathro and Levien are at fault here, however we gambled, many supported this, it hasn't worked. We can't really do much now, need to wait until the summer.

I agree with the rest of your post, but imo kitchen and wslker, although inconsistent aren't in the same boat as the rest of they guys you mentioned.

Need new players, our January gamble which most of the grumpy lot supported, has failed.

allystrachan

It will certainly be causing a dent in the stadium fundraising too. The fans would give plenty money but most probably won't even go to the events because Cathro has cause so much disinterest.

Real supporters continue to turn up and support the team, clue is in the name- supporters.

If you want to act like a customer, then fire away. Unhappy with asda, try tesco or waitrose.

Plastics, glory hunters and fair day travellers give up and go in the huff when the team isn't as good as they want.

Man up. Be a supporter not a greetin faced customer.

**Excludes people that have genuine commitments, only includes the huffy ones.

You calling people names that want rid of Cathro are so stupid you need to grow up and listen to what is being said. I like many want a successful Hearts team to play with pride and skill entertaining the fans with a management behind the players helping the team be the best it can be. Now the management have failed on recruitment of players, formation of the team, tactics, substitutions ect and you think because we want change we're glory hunters. Strive to be the best and never accept incompetence.

Bazzas right boot

You calling people names that want rid of Cathro are so stupid you need to grow up and listen to what is being said. I like many want a successful Hearts team to play with pride and skill entertaining the fans with a management behind the players helping the team be the best it can be. Now the management have failed on recruitment of players, formation of the team, tactics, substitutions ect and you think because we want change we're glory hunters. Strive to be the best and never accept incompetence.

Nah, I think you are going on and on an on and moaning rather than accepting we need to improve ( as you say) and get behind the current team and manager until we can do somethng about it ( in the summer, be that manager, dof or players)

Strive to be  the best, yes but when you are not "support" the team and help them become the best not have another thread saying the same and imo moaning like, well take  your pick of what you want to be

If you have followed Hearts for any length of time you will understand that there are highs and lows, this is our first step back in 3 years, if you can't handle that, then Hearts and maybe football isn't for you.

I agree, we need to improve, but I can see that will not happen to any great extent in the next 4 games, we are stuck with the players and very little will change  until the summer. Having a hernia after every game from now  until the end of the season , imo isn't going to do you or Hearts any favours.

stranraer-jambo

Some of my observations of the match yesterday.

We have been critical of the pace and tempo of the team. First 10/15 minutes and second half was high tempo with Hearts players shutting down opponents when they had possession.

We have been critical of having no style of play. For anyone who watched the warm up it centered around players interchanging, getting the ball into wide channels and getting 2/3 players into the box. This happened during the match, unfortunately Chouley couldn't cross the ball into the box from the left.

We are critical of having no atmosphere. The feeling I got, and said to my brother, was that the supporters were nervous. They clapped when chances (26 of them) were created but also started to vent anger/frustration when conceding goals or individual errors made by players. IC didn't make these errors but got the brunt of the criticism as head coach. The players also seemed to get nervous when the supporters were showing displeasure, there is a definite lack of confidence among them.

We have been critical of results in recent months. A draw yesterday was not what we hoped for but it would have been unjust on Hearts to have taken nothing out the game. We had enough chances to win 3 games over but we cannot legislate just now for players failing to do their job eg Isma failing 1 V 1 and, before that, failing to hit the target with a free header from 5 yards.

We are critical of the substandard players we have signed. Only a few of the January signings will be here next season, hopefully with a higher standard of player alongside them. The current players were brought in as a stop gap to fill an already imbalanced and lightweight (numbers wise) squad that IC inherited. I am also hopeful that we start to see the introduction/integration of good Academy players into match day squads, as per the Club model.

Whilst not happy with the playing side of things, I had already written this season off in terms of results, but not ethos, some time back. I have seen some green shoots appearing but we need to see these grow stronger with more consistency and produce better fruit.

I will be renewing my own and my daughters ST's next season in upper Gorgie and feel confident that on field performances will be better than what we are currently seeing.

I also believe that failure to qualify for Europe will be more of a blessing and will allow us to prepare better for the season ahead (but that is for another thread).

Brick Tamland

We have been critical of the pace and tempo of the team. First 10/15 minutes and second half was high tempo with Hearts players shutting down opponents when they had possession.

We have been critical of having no style of play. For anyone who watched the warm up it centered around players interchanging, getting the ball into wide channels and getting 2/3 players into the box. This happened during the match, unfortunately Chouley couldn't cross the ball into the box from the left.

We are critical of having no atmosphere. The feeling I got, and said to my brother, was that the supporters were nervous. They clapped when chances (26 of them) were created but also started to vent anger/frustration when conceding goals or individual errors made by players. IC didn't make these errors but got the brunt of the criticism as head coach. The players also seemed to get nervous when the supporters were showing displeasure, there is a definite lack of confidence among them.

We have been critical of results in recent months. A draw yesterday was not what we hoped for but it would have been unjust on Hearts to have taken nothing out the game. We had enough chances to win 3 games over but we cannot legislate just now for players failing to do their job eg Isma failing 1 V 1 and, before that, failing to hit the target with a free header from 5 yards.

We are critical of the substandard players we have signed. Only a few of the January signings will be here next season, hopefully with a higher standard of player alongside them. The current players were brought in as a stop gap to fill an already imbalanced and lightweight (numbers wise) squad that IC inherited. I am also hopeful that we start to see the introduction/integration of good Academy players into match day squads, as per the Club model.

Whilst not happy with the playing side of things, I had already written this season off in terms of results, but not ethos, some time back. I have seen some green shoots appearing but we need to see these grow stronger with more consistency and produce better fruit.

I will be renewing my own and my daughters ST's next season in upper Gorgie and feel confident that on field performances will be better than what we are currently seeing.

I also believe that failure to qualify for Europe will be more of a blessing and will allow us to prepare better for the season ahead (but that is for another thread).

Well said, a well thought out and balanced post without the tears, snotters and drama of many.

I'll be renewing 3 season tickets and look forward to a new team in a fantastic new stadium.

Jambof3tornado

Superb post.

bauld willie

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, I think it is a bit over generous.

Partick were going to give us a hiding had it not been for the dubious penalty and really severe sending off.

It was 10 man Partick we were playing yesterday, not Celtic, so a little perspective is required.

Nah, I think you are going on and on an on and moaning rather than accepting we need to improve ( as you say) and get behind the current team and manager until we can do somethng about it ( in the summer, be that manager, dof or players)

Strive to be the best, yes but when you are not "support" the team and help them become the best not have another thread saying the same and imo moaning like, well take your pick of what you want to be

If you have followed Hearts for any length of time you will understand that there are highs and lows, this is our first step back in 3 years, if you can't handle that, then Hearts and maybe football isn't for you.

I agree, we need to improve, but I can see that will not happen to any great extent in the next 4 games, we are stuck with the players and very little will change until the summer. Having a hernia after every game from now until the end of the season , imo isn't going to do you or Hearts any favours.

What the hell ! Your saying Hearts aren't the team for me. You really are something. To say that to someone you don't know any thing about takes the biscuit , well in my case the Kit Kat. Your way would see Hearts with gates crash.

I've never through a difference of opinion suggested anyone not support Hearts or for that matter call someone a Hibee which some have done. I want excisting fans to be proud of the team and encourage more people to come to games and support the club we all love.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Whilst I agree with much of what you say, I think it is a bit over generous.

Partick were going to give us a hiding had it not been for the dubious penalty and really severe sending off.

It was 10 man Partick we were playing yesterday, not Celtic, so a little perspective is required.

Exactly. We probably should have beat 10 man Partick at home.

:wow:

Stupid ***** must have missed the amount of times Partick cut through plus yesterday. A little more quality and they would have been out of sight.

Once again Cathro shows no thought for the opposition. A complete contrast from the preparation we used to do that seen us fighting for second.

Thankfully he will be away before Christmas one way or another.

Great, another thread just what we needed.

Cathro wasn't the problem today it was our appalling defending that cost us the win

Nobody can blame Cathro that the three man defence featuring a midfielder we looked to punt last August and a really poor wing back couldn't defend :cornette:

Jambof3tornado

Nobody can blame Cathro that the three man defence featuring a midfielder we looked to punt last August and a really poor wing back couldn't defend :cornette:

Best of the back 3 being Prince.

Let that sink in for a moment.

Losing 3 starting defenders has messed us up more than anything IC has done.

Paterson has been a massive miss. A huge driving force in our team.

stranraer-jambo

Exactly. We probably should have beat 10 man Partick at home.

:wow:

Stupid ***** must have missed the amount of times Partick cut through plus yesterday. A little more quality and they would have been out of sight.

Once again Cathro shows no thought for the opposition. A complete contrast from the preparation we used to do that seen us fighting for second.

Thankfully he will be away before Christmas one way or another.

No need to insult me with name calling.

I didn't miss the poor defensive display yesterday at all nor the good attacking play in the second half (edit).

I am not going to lose the plot at the moment just because we are not playing perfect football and every aspect is not clicking into place all the time.

My post was about green shoots of progress being made. Baby steps if you like. Rome was not built in a day.

It was also about having the players in next season to deliver this.

Incidentally we have a makeshift defence through no fault of IC. He also tried something different yesterday, ie a back 3 and had to play a CM in there. The guy is trying

As I said before, please don't resort to insulting me, my post - yes if you don't agree, me - not deserved.

26 shots to 8

11 on target to 6

8 corners to 4

Despite all the chat we should have won the game yesterday........that we didn't is due to a limited defence but please don't tell us Thistle deserved to win

Real supporters continue to turn up and support the team, clue is in the name- supporters.

If you want to act like a customer, then fire away. Unhappy with asda, try tesco or waitrose.

Plastics, glory hunters and fair day travellers give up and go in the huff when the team isn't as good as they want.

Currently, Heart of Midlothian doesn't have 20,000 real supporters. To fill Tynecastle Park in the autumn, you will have to rely on plastic glory hunting day trippers.

PeterintheRain

His set up today was a feckin mystery! Only Gonsalves up front., no pressing, sitting back in our own half and failing to impose ourselves on the game - at home against Patrick FFS!!!

It was only once Patrick scored their second that we threw men forward!

Loads of empty seats today - no way there was over 15k there!!!

Take note Mrs Budge

Why do you lie all the time?   You made the same claim during the match thread and were corrected by people who were actually at the match and not enjoying Somerset Park.

Jambof3tornado

No need to insult me with name calling.

I didn't miss the poor defensive display yesterday at all nor the good attacking play in the second half (edit).

I am not going to lose the plot at the moment just because we are not playing perfect football and every aspect is not clicking into place all the time.

My post was about green shoots of progress being made. Baby steps if you like. Rome was not built in a day.

It was also about having the players in next season to deliver this.

Incidentally we have a makeshift defence through no fault of IC. He also tried something different yesterday, ie a back 3 and had to play a CM in there. The guy is trying

As I said before, please don't resort to insulting me, my post - yes if you don't agree, me - not deserved.

Ignore the bellends, a task which is getting harder all the time.

PeterintheRain

Did we hell. LOL

One man up and the rest of the team sitting back in our own half - what game were you watching!!!

The one at Tynecastle.   How did H1b5 play?

Yes Mr Cathro is doing a great job by driving Hearts fans away. More and more empty seats again today and more fans leaving early. This man just hasn't a clue. His team selection, tactics, substitutions, and leadership is abysmal. We carry on like this and Ann Budge will be sitting in a half empty stadium next season fighting relegation. All the hardwork that's being done off the pitch is being undermined by Levein, Cathro ect. These players are all over the place during a game with no system or game plan which causes the team to become disfunctional.

Time for a clearout Ann. A major rethink from the top down.

what team would you have picked and why? What subs would you have made and why?

It's easy to spot problems, but we need solutions not problem spotters. What manager would you replace Cathro with?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I'm pissed off with this season and with certain things about the club (Levein and recruitment mainly) but it doesn't show much backbone if you're drifting away at this stage. We've got the summer coming up so let's see how it goes.

I travelled a long way to be at yesterday's game. It wasn't worth the money or the effort. But still

What the hell ! Your saying Hearts aren't the team for me. You really are something. To say that to someone you don't know any thing about takes the biscuit , well in my case the Kit Kat. Your way would see Hearts with gates crash.

I've never through a difference of opinion suggested anyone not support Hearts or for that matter call someone a Hibee which some have done. I want excisting fans to be proud of the team and encourage more people to come to games and support the club we all love.

You'll get nowhere trying to debate with that particular poster no matter what guise he takes.

Painful

jamboinglasgow

Fantastic post. Well argued and it's where I am at.

Independence

Yes Mr Cathro is doing a great job by driving Hearts fans away. More and more empty seats again today and more fans leaving early. This man just hasn't a clue. His team selection, tactics, substitutions, and leadership is abysmal. We carry on like this and Ann Budge will be sitting in a half empty stadium next season fighting relegation. All the hardwork that's being done off the pitch is being undermined by Levein, Cathro ect. These players are all over the place during a game with no system or game plan which causes the team to become disfunctional.

Gie it a rest!!!

3fingersreid

26 shots to 8

11 on target to 6

8 corners to 4

Despite all the chat we should have won the game yesterday........that we didn't is due to a limited defence but please don't tell us Thistle deserved to win

Goals for2 goals against 2

11 players against 10 players

You could go on and on to be honest

Not blinded by stats, but I am amazed at how many absolute sitters have been missed during IC's time in charge, and he's not coaching them that.

Maybe it's the players feeling the pressure from a greetin faced support?

He is actually coaching the team to win though right? For a minute I thought we were playing without goalsposts

and maybe playing for most shies or something. FFS there's some on here that'll defend I C to the last - he

can't MANAGE and CL can't direct - neither have sufficient talent and it is easy to understand why many fans

believe AB has sold the soul of our club to a total incompetent management who may bring many poor results

to this club - that is the DIRECTION our DIRECTOR is moving in. May be a good idea to give him a 20-year

contract as a reward for his great winning mentality?? And ability to deliver consistent cup runs & European

performances - come on, he's worth it, naw?? The most boring DOF on the planet is turning us into a lifeless,

soulless, heartless football club - why is that so surprising?? Hang on though, we won the Championship with

a tom kite gers/hibs in it so let's bask out on that for at least 10 years of CL's new 20-year deal. Get rid of CL

and the wonderful Heart & Soul will appear from behind this grey, dull, dire & useless egomaniac.

Agreed. You going to be practicing what you preach by attending our games at Ibrox and Parkhead?

He is actually coaching the team to win though right? For a minute I thought we were playing without goalsposts

and maybe playing for most shies or something. FFS there's some on here that'll defend I C to the last - he

can't MANAGE and CL can't direct - neither have sufficient talent and it is easy to understand why many fans

believe AB has sold the soul of our club to a total incompetent management who may bring many poor results

to this club - that is the DIRECTION our DIRECTOR is moving in. May be a good idea to give him a 20-year

contract as a reward for his great winning mentality?? And ability to deliver consistent cup runs & European

performances - come on, he's worth it, naw?? The most boring DOF on the planet is turning us into a lifeless,

soulless, heartless football club - why is that so surprising?? Hang on though, we won the Championship with

a tom kite gers/hibs in it so let's bask out on that for at least 10 years of CL's new 20-year deal. Get rid of CL

and the wonderful Heart & Soul will appear from behind this grey, dull, dire & useless egomaniac.

1. Don't care how boring he is. And if you mean the way the team plays is boring then why wasn't it boring when we won the championship with a record points total or qualified for Europe last season?

2. Again, if he is picking the team. setting up the tactics etc he must be credited with that championship win and Euro qualification no?

I understand the frustration. Honestly I do but the constant sniping at Levein does me nut in. I think Cathro will have learned an absolute boatload this season, about himself and the players he has and those he needs. I expect a difference in our transfer dealings this close season and expect more experienced players who are used to the Scottish game than has previously been the case.

Whether Hearts should be a training ground for managers is very much open for debate IMO. The theory that when a manager leaves his replacement is already at the club, familiar with the players, who are familiar with him and the transition is seamless is very interesting. However the "style" of play is a long way short of enjoyable to watch just now. It may be that IC was too much too soon, it's certainly starting to look that way but football is full of stories of managers who were on their arse at one point but turned it around. The only question is at what point does someone say, "Well we tried it and it didn't work", with him? A lot of people seem to think that CL will never admit to a mistake. I dunno if that's the case but I'm pretty sure Ann Budge will make any tough decision that needs to be made regardless of her admiration for Levein.

Bazzas right boot

Agreed. You going to be practicing what you preach by attending our games at Ibrox and Parkhead?

Only home games for me, family other weekends. Got to have a good balance or you end up fat, bald, divorced, drinking tenants super and prowling tinder for companionship.

Hoping Falkirk get promoted, I want to cycle there, so I might make one away game.

I'm not as mad a jambo as you.

Some may think this is a suerb post but it is full of errors. Too many errors to list but the one bit of the post that had me laughing (i'm sorry) was the green shoots bit.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Ah, the weekly rallying call from Mitch. 10 out of 10 for tenacity.

Hourly rather than weekly

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Some may think this is a suerb post but it is full of errors. Too many errors to list but the one bit of the post that had me laughing (i'm sorry) was the green shoots bit.

As opposed to your repetitive tripe

:rofl:

Not enough irony in the world. The chaps got an opinion and delivers his point well. Unlike yourself and your never ending succession of whinging bubbling shite

waynefozzie

I enjoyed the game. Four goals, loads of chances, some decent football. Not too shabby for end of season fayre. I'm pissed off wee didn't win, especially given the chances we had and the sending off, and I agree we were cut open far too easily, but I was pleased with how we dominated against one of the form teams in the country. I think they've only lost once in the league since early February and they got a point away at Celtic too. Lots of folk need to calm down a wee bit, IMO.

Elias Henry Furst

I enjoyed the game. Four goals, loads of chances, some decent football. Not too shabby for end of season fayre. I'm pissed off wee didn't win, especially given the chances we had and the sending off, and I agree we were cut open far too easily, but I was pleased with how we dominated against one of the form teams in the country. I think they've only lost once in the league since early February and they got a point away at Celtic too. Lots of folk need to calm down a wee bit, IMO.

I enjoyed my day.

If people are being driven away after yesterday then I'm surprised they were there in the first place.

The season ended at Easter Rd whether some want to admit it or not.

There's nothing new in that btw, of my 35 seasons, probably 25 have ended prematurely.

This thread smacks of making noise for the sake of it.

stranraer-jambo

Please list the errors, mitch41. Genuine request - if I have made errors in my post I am happy to be corrected.

I will also make a mental note to (perhaps) refrain from using analogies to illustrate points in future too (or analogies that are less funny).

Please list the errors, mitch41. Genuine request - if I have made errors in my post I am happy to be corrected.

I will also make a mental note to (perhaps) refrain from using analogies to illustrate points in future too (or analogies that are less funny).

Listen i will when i am sober lol.

Maybe tomorrow as i'm off monday.

Sorry about spelling not got glasses with me.

William H. Bonney

So never then.

Harry Potter

Some of us love Hearts because thats all we know, some pish on here, 

GT and follow hobos that will be relegation fodder sooner wi a manager

thats a bigger nutter than me.

Going to the new stand wi ma mate  gorgie does rule

By The Light..

This 100%.

We havent turned up since hib 2 2 last season.

Mitch?

Are you happy with your inner self?

Is something wrong?

Are you bald?

What's up?

OK

Tempo. Early on too many long balls played up to isolated striker. Every build up that involved Tziolis was slow slow slow. Partick were wide open many times and our players were in the wrong positions to capitalise.

Chouley was in some great positions but by the time he received the ball he was being closed down. He toiled but a lot of that was due to the fact he shouldn't of been in the starting line up. As for the warm up ....coaching is one thing but you need to have players that can play that way.

The supporters aren't nervous they're frustrated and even angry.

Some players tried harder when things went wrong, some hid and true some showed nerves. Leadership of the team comes from the manager and Cathro doesn't ooze confidence in players or fans going by what we witness every week. Yes professional players have a degree of blame but the team has to have a solid style/system which we do not have.

Now we had many chances but many of the moves are too complicated. Football is a simple game but even when a simple one on one is missed it shows we haven't any natural striker. Cathro signed 9 players in january most of them i'd bin. Poor signings gets managers sacked and saying they are stop gap tells supporters that the season from january is a time to run up the white flag with you dreaming of it being better next season.

You talk about 'ethos' i take you mean culture well i believe in the academy but only time will tell if we have the right formula. What i don't believe in is this Levein led system of coaches moving up the ladder from the kids to the first team. We have already tried to send a coach (Fox) out to Cowdenbeath for experience and they had to get rid of him because he was rubbish. I take it he's back with Hearts.

Now these green shoots you talk about where are they ?

You talk about not qualifying for Europe as a blessing well if you ask the likes of walker paterson and nicholson they will tell you the experience was fantastic.

Now i need another drink.

You don't necessarily have to be unhappy if you're bald.

I know at least 3 who are very jovial & content. There's a few self-confessed, follicaly challenged posters on here, and they all seem fine. For the most part.

I wouldn't know. Got lovely hair, me.

I think John, sorry...Mitch(silly auto-correct :look:) has other 1st world problems, mate.

Fair enough.

Regards,

David Ginola.

The game where we drew 2-2 and pressed high .

Mmmm....not at Tynecastle then?

The one at Tynecastle. How did H1b5 play?

YAWN

SPOT ON!

Archived