Well done Cathro that's more fans your driving away.

mitch41

Yes Mr Cathro is doing a great job by driving Hearts fans away. More and more empty seats again today and more fans leaving early. This man just hasn't a clue. His team selection, tactics, substitutions, and leadership is abysmal. We carry on like this and Ann Budge will be sitting in a half empty stadium next season fighting relegation. All the hardwork that's being done off the pitch is being undermined by Levein, Cathro ect. These players are all over the place during a game with no system or game plan which causes the team to become disfunctional.

Time for a clearout Ann. A major rethink from the top down.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great, another thread just what we needed.

Cathro wasn't the problem today it was our appalling defending that cost us the win

Cathro wasn't the problem today it was our appalling defending that cost us the win

There wasn't a more culpable person in the ground today than Isma.

3fingersreid

Cathro was the problem today it was our appalling defending that cost us the win

Can't account for individual errors at the coaches door, but you can question his tactics ,.selection of players and his response to the way the game is going , something he said at the start of his tenure he would change as the game progresses . It's going to be interesting to see how many ST are sold , I think Ms Budge will be a bit disappointed to be honest

Finlay James

Yes Mr Cathro is doing a great job by driving Hearts fans away. More and more empty seats again today and more fans leaving early. This man just hasn't a clue. His team selection, tactics, substitutions, and leadership is abysmal. We carry on like this and Ann Budge will be sitting in a half empty stadium next season fighting relegation. All the hardwork that's being done off the pitch is being undermined by Levein, Cathro ect. These players are all over the place during a game with no system or game plan which causes the team to become disfunctional.

Aye, we drew today so let's have a clear out from top to bottom. Smart.

Smith&Weston

Aye, we drew today so let's have a clear out from top to bottom. Smart.

The scary thing is we probably need that in terms of players. That back 3 today was a shadow of a Hearts defence and the pace we play the game at comes from our midfield. It's just far too slow and pedestrian every game.

siegementality

26 shots with 11 on target. I don't think anyone is coaching centre forwards to miss one on ones either.

I was dizzy trying to figure out what formation we where playing and the number of players that seemed out of their familiar positions.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

26 shots with 11 on target. I don't think anyone is coaching centre forwards to miss one on ones either.

We should have won today but you don't get the sympathy vote when you're awful at your job.

Some folk are blinded by stats. The stat that counts is we got a draw at home to 10man Partick Thistle.

We were uninspiring until we went a goal down, then we added some tempo to our play.

This was not a one off, the one off just now are the performances at home to Rangers.

We are a shambles on the park, it is there for everyone to see.

The O.P. has a very valid point.

siegementality

Some folk are blinded by stats. The stat that counts is we got a draw at home to 10man Partick Thistle.

We were uninspiring until we went a goal down, then we added some tempo to our play.

This was not a one off, the one off just now are the performances at home to Rangers.

We are a shambles on the park, it is there for everyone to see.

The O.P. has a very valid point.

Not blinded by stats, but I am amazed at how many absolute sitters have been missed during IC's time in charge, and he's not coaching them that.

Maybe it's the players feeling the pressure from a greetin faced support?

Does Levein/Cathro go out of their way to deliberately play players out of position?

I just think they've lost the plot.

Nelly Terraces

But but but we had shots on goal v Partick Thistle...

Some of the excuses from those not man enough to admit this clown needs potted asap are utterly laughable. Don't know a single person out there that rates him.or wants him to be here the start of next season.

There wasn't a more culpable person in the ground today than Isma.

Isma looks like he's put a bit weight on to

Jambof3tornado

Always less fans turning up at the tail end of season matches where we've little to play for but crack up chap.

...a bit disco

Love that gif. :laugh:

Thanks for posting.

:biggrin:

Kinda sums it up I reckon!

You say that and you're right but Cathro is responsible for that formation. The buck stops with him. Partick were crap today. If that had been a team of quality we played today we'd have been ripped apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Real supporters continue to turn up and support the team, clue is in the name- supporters.

If you want to act like a customer, then fire away. Unhappy with asda, try tesco or waitrose.

Plastics, glory hunters and fair day travellers give up and go in the huff when the team isn't as good as they want.

Man up. Be a supporter not a greetin faced customer.

**Excludes people that have genuine commitments, only includes the huffy ones.

I truly don't believe Cathro is the issue. I think his lack of experience is certainly a factor but put Souttar and Hughes into that defence and its a different story, likewise Cathro cannot make Goncalves, Johnson or Walker more clinical (Although to give Goncalves his dues he can actually score regularly).

Players like Avolontis, Tziolis Kitchen, Sowah, Struna, Djoum and Walker aren't turning up most weeks and they are letting him down.

We are creating chances but players aren't taking them effectively. The style of play to some extent is working, the final ball just isn't there.

(SIGN BOYCE LEVEIN) 

Stephane Grappelli

Not blinded by stats, but I am amazed at how many absolute sitters have been missed during IC's time in charge, and he's not coaching them that.

We keep being told that we are a stepping stone club for these players.  If they can't handle the pressure of playing in front of a not even full Tynie then Christ help them in their future careers.

Useless, non trying *****.

Jambof3tornado

Real supporters continue to turn up and support the team, clue is in the name- supporters.

If you want to act like a customer, then fire away. Unhappy with asda, try tesco or waitrose.

Plastics, glory hunters and fair day travellers give up and go in the huff when the team isn't as good as they want.

This.

The core support will be there throughout.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Imagine shopping at Tesco. Tesco is your favourite shop. If you shopped somewhere else it wouldn't be the same.

Now imagine you've just received your home shop and to your horror your realise the delivery man has dropped your crate of groceries beforehand and ruined all your items which were absolutely fine at the time of purchase.

Do you think you should complain? Instead of never going there again? after all, Tesco never destroyed your shopping.

Cruyff Turn

I don't agree OP, I don't think you can pin the blame on Cathro. He's doing his best. I just don't think he has the presence or command of the players or the ability to motivate them and for them to respect him to a point where they are willing to give him their very best.

You can blame the players but sometimes players just don't play for certain managers or don't feel united as a team but rather a group of smaller groups which the manager doesn't have the interpersonal skills to unite.

I don't doubt the guys a good coach but at this moment in his career, at this young age he doesn't have the experience or knowledge to manage a football club yet. Maybe in 5-10 years he'll be ready.

This was Leveins decision, he is the one to shoulder the blame. Cathro was never going to turn down the opportunity but he was woefully unprepared for this.

Ultimately, people withdrawing support of the club is self harming, it will only make things worse. We're bigger than Levein and Cathro, we are the constant and will still be here long after Cathro or Levein. Support the club no matter what however that doesn't mean we should blindly support every decision.

His set up today was a feckin mystery! Only Gonsalves up front., no pressing, sitting back in our own half and failing to impose ourselves on the game - at home against Patrick FFS!!!

It was only once Patrick scored their second that we threw men forward!

Loads of empty seats today - no way there was over 15k there!!!

Take note Mrs Budge

Stephane Grappelli

Aye, just keep handing money to the club hand over fist to let them squander it.  Don't ask any questions and don't dare criticise.  That's the only way forward and the only way to prove that you're a true supporter.

siegementality

We keep being told that we are a stepping stone club for these players.  If they can't handle the pressure of playing in front of a not even full Tynie then Christ help them in their future careers.

Useless, non trying *****.

No argument from me in relation to your last sentence.

:hibsfud:

So they want us to pay to see what's happening on the training pitch? Is that not what we see in a game? Did Cathro not dismiss Robbies double and often treble sessions? Well we were more than a yard off the pace today Cathro. Like many of the other decisions you have made, it has taken us backward. I guess you will be in place at the start of the season ( you wouldn't if I was in charge as your record is dismal) so unless there is a miraculous turnaround in events, I will give you the first six games before Queen Anne takes the action many of us think she should take now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Imagine shopping at Tesco. Tesco is your favourite shop. If you shopped somewhere else it wouldn't be the same.

Now imagine you've just received your home shop and to your horror your realise the delivery man has dropped your crate of groceries beforehand and ruined all your items which were absolutely fine at the time of purchase.

Do you think you should complain? Instead of never going there again? after all, Tesco never destroyed your shopping.

There's voicing your concern.

Then Thiers moaning.

Then, there's moaning like a little twat and taking the huff, constantly.

Europe, hibs, Neilson,not good enough, we should be winning every game, scoring goals and playing like Brazil... then change happens, rinse and repeat. This forum is like a cartoon wife, moan, moan , moan, no matter what.

Its Football, shite happens, review our history it's happened before, it'll happen again. Voice concerns, fair enough.

Going in the huff, giving up. Nah.

Gie yerself a slap, shake it out. Man up and get on with supporting the team is my advice. Don't let it ruin your weekend.

Not aimed at you personally, just the the greeters that seemed to have been in tears since last February.

Imo, of course.

Bazzas right boot

Aye, just keep handing money to the club hand over fist to let them squander it. Don't ask any questions and don't dare criticise. That's the only way forward and the only way to prove that you're a true supporter.

Na, moan, cry and give up until we start winning again, that what it's all about.

Bazzas right boot

His set up today was a feckin mystery! Only Gonsalves up front., no pressing, sitting back in our own half and failing to impose ourselves on the game - at home against Patrick FFS!!!

It was only once Patrick scored their second that we threw men forward!

Loads of empty seats today - no way there was over 15k there!!!

Take note Mrs Budge

Lol, we pressed very high from the off.

Harry Potter

Time for a clearout Ann. A major rethink from the top down.gorgie rules 

Lol, we pressed very high from the off.

Did we hell. LOL

One man up and the rest of the team sitting back in our own half - what game were you watching!!!

jamtartan74

It's the players at our disposal at fault, yes Cathro picked some of them but the chances we created today and missed is a disgrace, some of these players should never be playing for us. I get that the blame ultimately falls with the manager/head coach but what can Cathro do if they imposters on the pitch can't finish fish supper? We created enough chances to win easily but yet again failed. I don't blame Cathro.

A_A wehatethehibs

Ian Cathro is out of his depth and incapableof managing Hearts, citation: 5 wins from 26 games

19% win percentage, pitiful.

It's the players at our disposal at fault, yes Cathro picked some of them but the chances we created today and missed is a disgrace, some of these players should never be playing for us. I get that the blame ultimately falls with the manager/head coach but what can Cathro do if they imposters on the pitch can't finish fish supper? We created enough chances to win easily but yet again failed. I don't blame Cathro.

It's depressing that we upped the ante last season and apparently spent more money than was originally planned. And fair play , even with some utter dross, Hearts finished 3rd. 

So presumably we spent even more money (on even more utter dross) than we had planned for this season.  I'm getting the feeling that either we're shopping in Poundland or the people who do player recruitment aren't very good.  Add to that no open recruitment policy for the Head Coach role and some serious questions have to be asked.

No hysteria. Just asking some simple questions about HMFC and how it is run. As a business. And who is accountable for what. 

jamtartan74

It's depressing that we upped the ante last season and apparently spent more money than was originally planned. And fair play , even with some utter dross, Hearts finished 3rd.

So presumably we spent even more money (on even more utter dross) than we had planned for this season. I'm getting the feeling that either we're shopping in Poundland or the people who do player recruitment aren't very good. Add to that no open recruitment policy for the Head Coach role and some serious questions have to be asked.

No hysteria. Just asking some simple questions about HMFC and how it is run. As a business. And who is accountable for what.

it's a good point u make, one I hope is addressed in the summer, still not blaming Cathro for today at all. We done enough to win 2 or 3 games today with the chances created but that blame surely must go to the players who couldn't finish open goals, one on ones free headers, simple stuff. The Cathro out brigade will never cease until he is gone, then what? Tommy Wright? Alex Neil? (won't happen) who else? It's a sorry state we find ourselves in but it's the players who can't do the basics that's letting us down.

Harry Potter

Or lack of taking chances!

This for dougstar, joe, 26 shots on 8 of theirs, hearts fans are arseholes

Westendjambo

Amazing how true I think this is,however, these guys chose the career path of being a football player and in my opinion, hours and hours of training should allow players to be able to cope with PRESSURE, on match days the pressure is completely different from a training session obviously....but these guys are earning a a wage to produce what they have worked on during the week on a Saturday. Partick ****in thistle at home. Why should fans buy or renew ? Because we have a new stand?? Cathro (and CL) brought in theses players on 4 or 5 month contracts, we are 4months in and we have got worst in footballing terms.

In my opinion this is what's going to happen..

-Cathro to get transfer window to stamp his authority at HMFC(fair do's)

-hearts to be sitting in the bottom half of the table come late NOV(fourth highest budget in scotland remember)

-Budge to get rid of IC and the gypsy come Christmas

-another manager comes in and gets left with these players but still finishes top 4 and takes points off rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen in the process.

-this(fugitive)manager will keep his place as HEAD COACH lets just say, and will compete the following season for a European place.

I just want hearts to win games right now, I don't want hearts to get 4th place as we will have Europe as a distraction and excuses will be made for a poor start to the season. I would love us to sell out most games and to earn 3 points at all costs no matter how we play. Its in IC's hands to turn things around come the start of next season as we all know, **** me win a couple of games Ian and give us an ounce of hope!!

Archived