• Last Reply

Pink Floyd

Radiohead

Muse

Oasis

ELO

ACDC

Iron Maiden

ACDC is a good call. A few utter belters of tunes but hate when people say they love ACDC but can only name like 4 songs. No you don't. You (like me) love a handful of their songs and that is it.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Mogwai

Elvis

Pet Shop Boys

Dire Straits

Clearly not taken enough drugs!

Chris Moyles is on Radio X these days (been there for around 18 months) and it's a very good show. The music played on the station is decent and other shows are worth a listen too.

:cornette:

Such a terrible radio station.

Placid Casual

Are there any radio presenters on that station that isn't a *u*t?

Samuel Camazzola

I like it. The shows by Clint Boon, Johnny Vaughan, Gordon Smart, Toby Tarrant and Vernon Kaye all appeal to my taste.

Regarding acts I don't get, I'd list Belle and Sebastian and Arab Strap. They both seem to have a dedicated following but just don't see the appeal.

Placid Casual

I like it. The shows by Clint Boon, Johnny Vaughan, Gordon Smart, Toby Tarrant and Vernon Kaye all appeal to my taste.

Regarding acts I don't get, I'd list Belle and Sebastian and Arab Strap. They both seem to have a dedicated following but just don't see the appeal.

Okay, Clint Boon isn't a ****.

Johnny Vaughan and that scumbag from The Sun, Gordon Smart, certainly are. Smart is a H1B5 **** too.

Edit: Sorry Samuel, no reflection on your taste in music. They play a lot of stuff I like, but I'll stick to other stations.

Nookie Bear

ACDC is a good call. A few utter belters of tunes but hate when people say they love ACDC but can only name like 4 songs. No you don't. You (like me) love a handful of their songs and that is it.

Can I throw in another band that everyone says they love but very few can name anything by them: The Ramones.

Cool image and all that, but I can be bothered with about one track until I get bored.

Placid Casual

Can I throw in another band that everyone says they love but very few can name anything by them: The Ramones.

Cool image and all that, but I can be bothered with about one track until I get bored.

You're right. You hear one song of theirs, you've heard them all.

For me, the Stereophonics ? can't stand them, don't understand their popularity.

Agree with the earlier shout of the Foo Fighters - utter garbage barring There Is Nothing Left To Lose.

Also cant stand Mumford and Sons, so uninspiring, total lack of charisma.

Not a big lover of Guns N Roses, obviously have some influential songs but Axel's voice doesn't do it for me.

I done that to an irate U2 fan in Dublin, no less.

Told him they just a shite version of The Skids !

He wasn't happy !

I done that to an irate U2 fan in Dublin, no less.

Told him they just a shite version of The Skids !

He wasn't happy !

I've never met a U2 fan that wasn't aggressively so. It's like you've slighted a family member, their football allegiance or religion.

That's why I never let the opportunity go by. Nae fun otherwise. :D

:lol:

Ha ha.

Cheers for posting. I love the "look at me, cool dude, rock star" stroll then boom...he runs out of stage. :D

Yup good shout for FooFighters. I didn't even mention Mumford and sons as no point as it is a given. Utter dross. Talented but I find them just awful.

Nookie Bear

Agree with the earlier shout of the Foo Fighters - utter garbage barring There Is Nothing Left To Lose.

Also cant stand Mumford and Sons, so uninspiring, total lack of charisma.

Not a big lover of Guns N Roses, obviously have some influential songs but Axel's voice doesn't do it for me.

Think the Foo Fighters get away with it because of Dave Grohl, who just is one of the coolest guys around.

Metallica - horrendous dirge

Maroon 5(good name) - awful band if you can even call them a band.

Nickelback - just pish

anyone that listens to Bon Jovi - just wow

Think the Foo Fighters get away with it because of Dave Grohl, who just is one of the coolest guys around.

Seriously good musician too but I find the Foo fighters just 'samey'.  By that I mean there are so many Foo Fighters around.  I find Kasabian a bit like this too.

I think to that to a man U2 are a bunch of total ***** but have to say I really like their stuff.

Red hot chilli peppers

Indeed. As Nick Cave once said, 'I'm forever near a stereo saying, 'What the **** is this garbage?' And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.'

Anything that was done by some ***** in his bedroom with a laptop without actually playing a single instrument themselves.

By extension people who go to these ***** in concert. Actually paying to see someone on stage with a laptop pressing the ****ing play button.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Nirvana. I never really got grunge. I was never an angsty teen and even at 18 years old when they got huge I just couldn't relate to the rage and anger. It seemed so over the top. I felt like am old man telling them to get over themselves and stop being so self-absorbed FFS. :lol:

Riddley Walker

Anything that was done by some ***** in his bedroom with a laptop without actually playing a single instrument themselves.

By extension people who go to these ***** in concert. Actually paying to see someone on stage with a laptop pressing the ******* play button.

There's still a huge amount of talent goes into producing lots of electronic music. It's still the creation of music, regardless of whether you actually play a guitar yourself. The most innovative music this century, and arguably the 90s has all been electronic.

Nothing worse than indie or Brit-pop fans sneering at other types of music when half the shit they listen to is recycled garbage. I say that as someone who likes a decent amount of that type of music as well.

Not all that post aimed at you btw.

There's still a huge amount of talent goes into producing lots of electronic music. It's still the creation of music, regardless of whether you actually play a guitar yourself. The most innovative music this century, and arguably the 90s has all been electronic.

Nothing worse than indie or Brit-pop fans sneering at other types of music when half the shit they listen to is recycled garbage. I say that as someone who likes a decent amount of that type of music as well.

Not all that post aimed at you btw.

I hope not. While everyone else was listening to brit pop I was listening to Maiden, Korn, Pantera etc etc etc. Although I think some of the stuff Oasis did was absolutely brilliant.

Guest jonesy

By extension people who go to these ***** in concert. Actually paying to see someone on stage with a laptop pressing the ******* play button.

Thinly veiled anti-Cathro post!

Never been one for the Stones, Radiohead or Pink Floyd myself. Tried to like The Smiths but couldn't. Hate Phil Collins.

hmfc_liam06

Another shout for the Doors, I just don't get it.

Agree with some other shouts like Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Pink Floyd and Joy Division.

I'll throw in the Clash and Sex Pistols too.

deesidejambo

Another shout for the Doors, I just don't get it.

Agree with some other shouts like Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Pink Floyd and Joy Division.

I'll throw in the Clash and Sex Pistols too.

The Clash? You **** deaf or something?

hmfc_liam06

Sorry, I appear to have offended you with my own opinion.

been here before

Now y'see I sort of toyed with The Clash, not because of their music as Im a big fan, but because of Joe Strummer which to a lot of muso's is akin to sacrelidge.

He just always came over as a sanctimonious preacher, a sort of precurser to Bono.

Mind you him playing with the Pogues at the Barrowlands was some gig.

Guest jonesy

Add Blur to the mix, I don't get them either.

Thank god it's not just me. Don't see any merit in any of their songs at all.

zoltan socrates

A lot of my mates around my age (either side of 50) get all frothy over The Smiths and talk as if Morrisey was the second coming.

I just don't get it. Don't hate them but never bought any of their stuff and never turned up the radio or hi-fi if it came on. 

Just another background band. Did I miss something? Did they break new ground anywhere?

What difference does it make?

How soon is now?

This charming man

The boy with the thorn in his side

Classics, and im not really a fan

zoltan socrates

Any punk band ever. Don't get it. An absolute dirge.

Fox ache i agree with you, cant name one band that id call great, the clash? Maybe, a bit too commercial to be punk? I dunno

Sweaty music too, leather, long hair and high pitched whining, just what

Modern day r and b, it aint r and b, its mtv shit

Craig Gordons Gloves

Yup good shout for FooFighters. I didn't even mention Mumford and sons as no point as it is a given. Utter dross. Talented but I find them just awful.

I can't believe i'm typing this but i actually agree with all the words of an I8 post.

I'd also add the likes of Kendrick Lamar, Kanye, Drake and the like - i can't stomach listening to that kind of shite but millions apparently do.

Jase Robertson

The Artic Monkeys. Over rated drivel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All punk bands. I like a few songs from that genre but overall I find it horrendous.

Bruce Springsteen.

I really like how he comes across, enjoy watching him talk, read his autobiography and reckon it's one of the finest music books every written...and yet I rarely, if ever, enjoy listening to any of his music.

Comes across as plodding, American, rock with 80s sounding synths.

Phillistine.

95% of rap, most hip hop and bloody divas, screaming wailing banshees the lot of them.

Coldplay - bland and dull. The beige of music.

Agreed cannot under stand the hype!

Notice a few Oasis shouts....I love Oasis because I had some of the best times of my life during that era and they were pretty much the sound track to it.

As above:

Arctic Monkeys

Madchester bands (except Oasis)

Muse

Radiohead

Rap music

The Beatles

Calvin Harris can just suck on it

Cant stand that Sean Paul fella

Hated all that Scottish 90's dance scene crap with TTF etc.

Didn't think this was about bands you think are shite, but bands you don't get. I don't think the Stones are shite, but I don't get them at all. I'll add Cohen and Neil Young to the list.

I loved Gabriel era Genesis but I never got Yes or ELP.

Archived