General Election

Don Dan

Jambo-Jimbo

?337 a week divided by 36 hours works out at just over ?9 an hour.

What's the living wage?

?9 per hour is net, but it's not worked out like that, it's always worked out at gross per hour not net, thought you'd know that, being a businessman.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Space Mackerel

?9 per hour is net, but it's not worked out like that, it's always worked out at gross per hour not net, thought you'd know that, being a businessman.

Just testing...

My labourer gets more than a trainee nurse net.

Know why, I'm not a Tory ***** :)

Thunderstruck

Just testing...

Are the Tories running NHS Scotland?

Jambo-Jimbo

Just testing...

Tory, Labour, SNP they're all the same, pay a pittance to NHS workers and why, because they know that the chances of them going on strike is almost nil.

Jambo-Jimbo

Thank feck no!!

f037f802bc526b64b43af44186926c62.jpg

Are there staff shortages on Scottish wards like there are in England?

Space Mackerel

Tory, Labour, SNP they're all the same, pay a pittance to NHS workers and why, because they know that the chances of them going on strike is almost nil.

You should watch this and see how your beloved Torys have cut spending on the NHS since they got in.

https://juniordoctorblog.com/2017/04/26/the-nhs-a-visual-essay-from-juniordoctorblog-com/

Jambo-Jimbo

You should watch this and see how your beloved Torys have cut spending on the NHS since they got in.

https://juniordoctorblog.com/2017/04/26/the-nhs-a-visual-essay-from-juniordoctorblog-com/

Beloved Tory, fecking don't insult me like that.

Forget your junior doctor blogs.

I asked are there staff shortages on Scottish wards like there are in England?

Space Mackerel

Beloved Tory, fecking don't insult me like that.

Forget your junior doctor blogs.

I asked are there staff shortages on Scottish wards like there are in England?

That video is quite a bit long, watch it and get back to me [emoji106]

Jambo-Jimbo

That video is quite a bit long, watch it and get back to me [emoji106]

I don't need to watch it as I am fully aware of what is happening within the NHS.

For the 3rd time of asking.

Are there staff shortages on NHS Scottish Wards like there are in England?

jambogemz

I don't need to watch it as I am fully aware of what is happening within the NHS.

Banging your head against a brick wall mate.

Space Mackerel

You mean you won't watch it as it blows up every post of yours on the NHS to smithereens?

Unknown user

To use a food bank you need to be registered on Social.

Nurses salaries start above ?20000 per year. ML has been at the aliens again.

Vouchers can be issued by GPS, social workers, citizens advice

You mean you won't watch it as it blows up every post of yours on the NHS to smithereens?

Answer the question. The SNP have shafted the NHS in Scotland. But you and your like will continually blame the 'Torries' for every dam thing wrong in this country. Labour's legacy of complete buffoonery is still in play. SNP'S failings are there for all to see but again like the once in a generation referendum it's not about that it's about whipping up a storm of hatred for the torries to drive an agenda which is quite clearly indyref2.

See your 3 quid a month contribution to this slick political machine does that also go towards a coherent and workable plan for an independent Scotland or is it simply use to whip up enough hysteria to force us into independence? At which point your 3 quid will cease and we'll be left with no one to actually govern us as a new country.

Reading your posts is actually driving me to vote tory!

deesidejambo

Vouchers can be issued by GPS, social workers, citizens advice

True but it has to be based on financial need. Would be interested to see the specific example of Nurses getting vouchers.

Space Mackerel

Answer the question. The SNP have shafted the NHS in Scotland. But you and your like will continually blame the 'Torries' for every dam thing wrong in this country. Labour's legacy of complete buffoonery is still in play. SNP'S failings are there for all to see but again like the once in a generation referendum it's not about that it's about whipping up a storm of hatred for the torries to drive an agenda which is quite clearly indyref2.

See your 3 quid a month contribution to this slick political machine does that also go towards a coherent and workable plan for an independent Scotland or is it simply use to whip up enough hysteria to force us into independence? At which point your 3 quid will cease and we'll be left with no one to actually govern us as a new country.

You're going to vote Tory because of a few posts on a fitba forum?

That doesn't sound like joined up thinking to me.

Explain to me how the SNP have shafted the NHS when it gets a block grant from Westminster per annum? It's not allowed to borrow money to increase its spending like Westminster can, ya know. It has to live within its means. Do you understand that basic fundamental?

maroonlegions

If ever a general election was to hold so much for the poor and vulnerable in our society then this coming  general election in June is just that.

The outcome of this election could very well set in motion things that could possibly not be undone.

Be very careful  what you  wish and vote for.

This election should not be about  Scottish Independence or Britain leaving the EU it should be about the record of this present governments polices and just what it has achieved in relation to the service of all  and not just the wealthy few.

It should be about accountability and transparency and not about passing the buck of responsibility of any failures and blatant disregards for those that it serves, the people.

Measure  and judge a government  on how they have treated the less well off and the most vulnerable in a society, for that surely is were the dividing line is between  a caring and  compassionate government, a government that seeks to maintain a civilised society  and treat everyone with respect and dignity and one that does not.

18156935_1433578883329910_59907546569741

deesidejambo

Re your last sentence. I won't be surprised if more people do the same. Continued paranoia about the evil Tories is showing up their fear and they are reacting to it by overplaying the grievance card.

And now they have confirmed this is about Indy, the folk who may have voted for them to represent them at Westminster may now be less inclined to vote SNP.

39% from Spaceys own poll.

deesidejambo

If ever a general election was to hold so much for the poor and vulnerable in our society then this coming general election in June is just that.

The outcome of this election could very well set in motion things that could possibly not be undone.

Be very careful what you wish and vote for.

This election should not be about Scottish Independence or Britain leaving the EU it should be about the record of this present governments polices and just what it has achieved in relation to the service of all and not just the wealthy few.

It should be about accountability and transparency and not about passing the buck of responsibility of any failures and blatant disregards for those that it serves, the people.

Measure and judge a government on how they have treated the less well off and the most vulnerable in a society, for that surely is were the dividing line is between a caring and compassionate government, a government that seeks to maintain a civilised society and treat everyone with respect and dignity and one that does not.

18156935_1433578883329910_59907546569741

Sturgeon has confirmed this election is about IndyRef2 and not the social issues that you want them to cover.

So remember that before you vote also!

Space Mackerel

Re your last sentence. I won't be surprised if more people do the same. Continued paranoia about the evil Tories is showing up their fear and they are reacting to it by overplaying the grievance card.

And now they have confirmed this is about Indy, the folk who may have voted for them to represent them at Westminster may now be less inclined to vote SNP.

39% from Spaceys own poll.

Chairman of Hampshire Police Federation. Is this the SNP's fault too aye?

3ca0228e8eb664890ecd08d8b2e250e6.png

Thunderstruck

Thank feck no!!

f037f802bc526b64b43af44186926c62.jpg

You are quite gullible when it comes to statistics but, then again, you pay ?3 a month to wee Nick's helicopter fund so we shouldn't be surprised.

Just one thing that's puzzling - if the Tories aren't running the NHS in Scotland, why are Scottish nurses struggling on poverty wages and visiting food banks?

deesidejambo

Chairman of Hampshire Police Federation. Is this the SNP's fault too aye?

3ca0228e8eb664890ecd08d8b2e250e6.png

Looks like everyone is getting food vouchers these days? I need to give it a try. I'll ask my GP for a couple.

Dawnrazor

How the hell did police and nurses survive in the past without food banks? I can't help think this is just a labour publicity stunt.

Space Mackerel

Looks like everyone is getting food vouchers these days? I need to give it a try. I'll ask my GP for a couple.

I'm sure ski holidays and lessons will be first on the family's list for the chop when things become tight. Be careful what you wish for.

Space Mackerel

How the hell did police and nurses survive in the past without food banks? I can't help think this is just a labour publicity stunt.

Here's how it's happened in the US.

8af4a63a51e4f77056661bea9a466303.jpg

Jambo-Jimbo

Ok, I've just watched it and confirms that the the NHS is on it's knees, not just in England but in Scotland, Wales & N. Ireland as well.

I knew all of this already, but it did put some figures to the stats.

As you will not answer the question which I've asked 3 times now, I'll give you the answer (which I'm sure you'll have figured out already) the NHS in Scotland is only slightly better than the NHS in England is, concerning staffing levels on the wards.

3 times last month (April), 3 fecking times there wasn't enough staff on the ward my wife works in not only to operate but for it to be safe to operate and that was just on her shifts, this is common a problem.

This is an acute medical ward where some patients need 100% assistance yet there isn't enough staff on the ward to do the job, for example some patients need 2-3 people to operate the hoists to turn them, great if there is only 3 staff on the ward, what happens to the other 20+ other patients, when every member of staff is busy with just one patient, and heaven forbid if someone dies, have you any idea the amount of paper work involved when someone dies on the ward? 

Report it to management I hear you say, they do, but little difference it makes as nothing is done.

Now I know that the SNP get the funding for the NHS from Westminster, but there isn't enough money to go around, maybe if the SNP got rid of some of the fat cat managers then maybe there would be enough money to afford more staff.

Don't be fooled that the NHS in Scotland is all nice and rosy because it isn't, far from it, it's at breaking point, like it's counterpart in England is.

Explain to me how the SNP have shafted the NHS when it gets a block grant from Westminster per annum? It's not allowed to borrow money to increase its spending like Westminster can, ya know. It has to live within its means. Do you understand that basic fundamental?

You're a fully paid up member of the SNP mafia and your replies to any slightly difficult question revolves around how shit the torries are rather than a direct response based on what the SNP have or will do. This is typical behaviour from any SNP supporters I encounter these days and their leadership.

As an example...when asked about a shift in policy referring to Sturgeon claiming this GE is about indy2 you throw in a quip about May and Torries being unable to do so...yet about 4 days aago you slated May for being all about Brexit after she voted against it..Prior to that she was slated for being the unelected PM she does something about that and it's all a big ruse to fool the nation.

regarding the NHS...you categorically state here its about living within your means as a government so why have the SNP taken money away from our NHS and used it for 'other things'. Why if it's such a disgrace do they spend every hour promoting independence rather than governing our country....c'mon man you can fool some of the people some of the time...

:conspiracy:

So naebody in the NHS is using foodbanks because Dawn thinks it smells fishy.

Aye ok then

Thunderstruck

Want to tell us how much of that block grant goes to NHS Scotland?

If it isn't going there and Schools, Local Government, Policing, Transport are all struggling with declining funding, where has the money gone?

I suppose we got a White Paper, a costly and, it seems, pointless referendum, a consultation on another referendum (outcome a secret) and a wee all expenses paid trip to see Wall Street bankers (presumably not the evil kind).

All she has is stoking anti-Tory resentment - better that than having to talk about her party's pathetic record in government.

Dawnrazor

:conspiracy:

So naebody in the NHS is using foodbanks because Dawn thinks it smells fishy.

Aye ok then

Yep.

Space Mackerel

Want to tell us how much of that block grant goes to NHS Scotland?

If it isn't going there and Schools, Local Government, Policing, Transport are all struggling with declining funding, where has the money gone?

I suppose we got a White Paper, a costly and, it seems, pointless referendum, a consultation on another referendum (outcome a secret) and a wee all expenses paid trip to see Wall Street bankers (presumably not the evil kind).

All she has is stoking anti-Tory resentment - better that than having to talk about her party's pathetic record in government.

Why don't you Google it and tell us? It'll be on the Scottish Governments website their current divvying up of the block grant.

Yup, that's maybe right.

Did you watch Blair 20 Years On with Boulton? He basically said that the whole Devolution was set up to nip independence in the bud.

I see Alistair Darling has been woken up from his slumber in the Lords too now.

Of course it was. George Robertson said as much at the time. It's no revelation that.

Darling has been fairly active in the party for a while up here to be fair. Most of it is supporting the Scottish Leadership. Just elections publicising his role. Good man to have on board and out.

Space Mackerel

Ok, I've just watched it and confirms that the the NHS is on it's knees, not just in England but in Scotland, Wales & N. Ireland as well.

I knew all of this already, but it did put some figures to the stats.

As you will not answer the question which I've asked 3 times now, I'll give you the answer (which I'm sure you'll have figured out already) the NHS in Scotland is only slightly better than the NHS in England is, concerning staffing levels on the wards.

3 times last month (April), 3 fecking times there wasn't enough staff on the ward my wife works in not only to operate but for it to be safe to operate and that was just on her shifts, this is common a problem.

This is an acute medical ward where some patients need 100% assistance yet there isn't enough staff on the ward to do the job, for example some patients need 2-3 people to operate the hoists to turn them, great if there is only 3 staff on the ward, what happens to the other 20+ other patients, when every member of staff is busy with just one patient, and heaven forbid if someone dies, have you any idea the amount of paper work involved when someone dies on the ward?

Report it to management I hear you say, they do, but little difference it makes as nothing is done.

Now I know that the SNP get the funding for the NHS from Westminster, but there isn't enough money to go around, maybe if the SNP got rid of some of the fat cat managers then maybe there would be enough money to afford more staff.

Don't be fooled that the NHS in Scotland is all nice and rosy because it isn't, far from it, it's at breaking point, like it's counterpart in England is.

What you've just confirmed that the NHS is just as ****ed here as down South.

Hopefully that message will transpire to the rest of the Tory blind faithful on here.

Good post btw.

Wages frozen. Inflation up. Housing costs up. Energy bills up. These things can throw some into financial hardship.

I think the point being made is more prescient than this nit-picking which is many people in Britain now rely on assistance from charities. This is a societal failure. Government has to help in welfare support but also in raising wages for many to meet an inflated cost of living whilst also intervening in the housing matket to bring costs down and make living more affordable for all.

I think you'll enjoy this, one of the best short films I've seen in a long time about Corbyn becoming leader in England. It's really well done and takes a look back at history from way in the future.

http://bellacaledonia.org.uk/2017/04/28/what-was-done-2/

I'd rather he was UK PM because he'll do more for Scots than the SNP are proposing to do.

Thunderstruck

Why don't you Google it and tell us? It'll be on the Scottish Governments website their current divvying up of the block grant.

If you had paid attention to earlier posts, you would know.

Better that you find out for yourself, that way the information is likely to take up some semi-permanent residence between your ears.

Space Mackerel

I'd rather he was UK PM because he'll do more for Scots than the SNP are proposing to do.

Did you watch it?

Did you watch it?

Video unavailable. But terms like "England's PM" suggest he won't be doing much for us.

Dawnrazor

Wages frozen. Inflation up. Housing costs up. Energy bills up. These things can throw some into financial hardship.

I think the point being made is more prescient than this nit-picking which is many people in Britain now rely on assistance from charities. This is a societal failure. Government has to help in welfare support but also in raising wages for many to meet an inflated cost of living whilst also intervening in the housing matket to bring costs down and make living more affordable for all.

I understand your point, I do, but if your on that money, going to a food bank is taking the piss, political nonsense for me, like most people I suspect, I know a few coppers and nurses, they're a long way off going to a food bank, even trainees, still don't buy it.

Pans Jambo

Seems to be a belief that the SNP has ravaged the NHS in Scotland whereas its all lovely elswhere in tje UK despite record levels of privatisiation 'down south'.

I pulled this off the SNP's website. Not sure if its spin or not but I am happy for any corrections or contrary evidence.

Record health funding - over ?13 billion in 2017, ?3.6 billion more than when we took office.

A healthier Scotland

The number of nurses, doctors and dentists working in Scotland?s NHS has increased. Staffing is at record high levels, up more than 11,500 in the last ten years.

Patient satisfaction continues to increase with 90 per cent of NHS Scotland patients rating their care and treatment as good or excellent.

Scotland?s A&E services are the best performing in the UK.

We have brought forward plans for a ?5 million expansion of the Golden Jubilee Hospital - the first part of our plan to invest ?200 million in a network of elective and diagnostic treatment centres to help meet the needs of an ageing population.

Over ?5 billion has been invested in Scotland?s health infrastructure since 2007, including the South Glasgow Hospitals and Emergency Care Centre in Aberdeen.

We?ve kept healthcare local. That means A&E units have been saved, children?s cancer services and neurosurgery units protected, and maternity units kept open.

Nurses in Scotland are better paid than anywhere else in the UK. A nurse in Scotland, at Band 5, is paid between ?225 and ?309 more than their English counterparts.

We?re supporting the lowest paid workers in our NHS by delivering the real Living Wage. Entry level pay for NHS support staff, Band 1, in Scotland is ?881 higher than England, and over ?1,300 higher than Northern Ireland.

We?re recruiting more GPs by increasing the number of training places from 300 to 400 each year.

We?re training more paramedics, with a commitment to train 1,000 more by the end of this Scottish Parliament term.

IVF is being expanded to more families ? making access in Scotland the fairest and most generous in the UK.

Our hospitals are cleaner and safer. In over 65s cases of C.Diff are down 86 per cent, and cases of MRSA are down 93 per cent.

Almost ?40 million has been invested to raise public awareness of cancer, and catch it sooner, driving earlier diagnosis in a range of cancers.

The risk from cervical cancer for the next generation of young women has been cut by providing the HPV vaccine for girls in second year of secondary school.

Scrapping parking charges at all NHS-run hospital car parks has saved patients and staff around ?27 million.

Scotland has the highest number of GPs per head of population in the UK, and we?ve made sure more practices are now open in the evenings and at weekends.

Scotland was the first country in the UK to have a mental health waiting times target, and spending on mental health services in Scotland will exceed ?1 billion for the first time in 2017-18.

A record nine in ten people are now registered with an NHS dentist ? up from just 52 per cent when we took office.

More funding than ever before is being provided to support carers and young carers, with investment of over ?122 million in a range of programmes since 2007.

Space Mackerel

Video unavailable. But terms like "England's PM" suggest he won't be doing much for us.

That's really bizarre! It was on Twitter last night then the makers account was shut down/suspended and now it looks like it's been removed or private on YouTube?

Fishy, very very fishy.

Unknown user

True but it has to be based on financial need. Would be interested to see specific example of Nurses getting vouchers.

I'm just saying that what you said about having to be registered on Social isn't right, I'm not into this nurse debate at all.

Dawnrazor

Seems to be a belief that the SNP has ravaged the NHS in Scotland whereas its all lovely elswhere in tje UK despite record levels of privatisiation 'down south'.

I pulled this off the SNP's website. Not sure if its spin or not but I am happy for any corrections or contrary evidence.

Record health funding - over ?13 billion in 2017, ?3.6 billion more than when we took office.

A healthier Scotland

The number of nurses, doctors and dentists working in Scotland?s NHS has increased. Staffing is at record high levels, up more than 11,500 in the last ten years.

Patient satisfaction continues to increase with 90 per cent of NHS Scotland patients rating their care and treatment as good or excellent.

Scotland?s A&E services are the best performing in the UK.

We have brought forward plans for a ?5 million expansion of the Golden Jubilee Hospital - the first part of our plan to invest ?200 million in a network of elective and diagnostic treatment centres to help meet the needs of an ageing population.

Over ?5 billion has been invested in Scotland?s health infrastructure since 2007, including the South Glasgow Hospitals and Emergency Care Centre in Aberdeen.

We?ve kept healthcare local. That means A&E units have been saved, children?s cancer services and neurosurgery units protected, and maternity units kept open.

Nurses in Scotland are better paid than anywhere else in the UK. A nurse in Scotland, at Band 5, is paid between ?225 and ?309 more than their English counterparts.

We?re supporting the lowest paid workers in our NHS by delivering the real Living Wage. Entry level pay for NHS support staff, Band 1, in Scotland is ?881 higher than England, and over ?1,300 higher than Northern Ireland.

We?re recruiting more GPs by increasing the number of training places from 300 to 400 each year.

We?re training more paramedics, with a commitment to train 1,000 more by the end of this Scottish Parliament term.

IVF is being expanded to more families ? making access in Scotland the fairest and most generous in the UK.

Our hospitals are cleaner and safer. In over 65s cases of C.Diff are down 86 per cent, and cases of MRSA are down 93 per cent.

Almost ?40 million has been invested to raise public awareness of cancer, and catch it sooner, driving earlier diagnosis in a range of cancers.

The risk from cervical cancer for the next generation of young women has been cut by providing the HPV vaccine for girls in second year of secondary school.

Scrapping parking charges at all NHS-run hospital car parks has saved patients and staff around ?27 million.

Scotland has the highest number of GPs per head of population in the UK, and we?ve made sure more practices are now open in the evenings and at weekends.

Scotland was the first country in the UK to have a mental health waiting times target, and spending on mental health services in Scotland will exceed ?1 billion for the first time in 2017-18.

A record nine in ten people are now registered with an NHS dentist ? up from just 52 per cent when we took office.

More funding than ever before is being provided to support carers and young carers, with investment of over ?122 million in a range of programmes since 2007.

Spin, I'd not trust a political party's books!!! You only had to see Salmond squirm when he was questioned on Sunday! The NHS isn't Rosey anywhere.

Pans Jambo

Spin, I'd not trust a political party's books!!! You only had to see Salmond squirm when he was questioned on Sunday! The NHS isn't Rosey anywhere.

It isnt rosey anywhere I agree (when was it ever) but we both know its not in the horrible mess that some people paint it in Scotland.

On a personal note, my family has needed the Scottish NHS over the last 10 years and we have generally been well taken care of. Locally in East Lothian we are getting a new community hospital built right now in Haddington and my local surgery in Prestonpans has just had an extension built to cope with the larger population in the town.

Not rosey but folk who say its in a bad state are just kidding themselves on.

Dawnrazor

It isnt rosey anywhere I agree (when was it ever) but we both know its not in the horrible mess that some people paint it in Scotland.

On a personal note, my family has needed the Scottish NHS over the last 10 years and we have generally been well taken care of. Locally in East Lothian we are getting a new community hospital built right now in Haddington and my local surgery in Prestonpans has just had an extension built to cope with the larger population in the town.

Not rosey but folk who say its in a bad state are just kidding themselves on.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as it's painted, but, was in and out of hospital last year getting kidney stones sorted, Lancaster the Kendal, service was exceptional, I've yet to meet someone down here who has complained about the NHS, I'm sure there are problems but, like the food bank issue with nurses and ow the police, I wonder how much is anti government spin and sensationalist media headlines, only speaking from my experience.

Dawnrazor

Just watched Dianne Abbot interviewed on Sky news, why the hell does the Labour Party let her any where near the TV or radio? She has to be one of the most off putting MP's the Labour party has, there must be someone, anyone, better than her? No wonder they're in the state they're in.

Pans Jambo

Glad to hear it's not as bad as it's painted, but, was in and out of hospital last year getting kidney stones sorted, Lancaster the Kendal, service was exceptional, I've yet to meet someone down here who has complained about the NHS, I'm sure there are problems but, like the food bank issue with nurses and ow the police, I wonder how much is anti government spin and sensationalist media headlines, only speaking from my experience.

Also, was in Crete last week and one of the local lads got pisd and got on his motorbike. He crashed it and lay in the bushed all night. One of the locals told me that a motorist seen his bike at the side of the road but couldnt see the rider. He called the Police who told him that bikes get dumped all the time so they didnt even bother investigating. Eventually someone found the guy and an ambulance was dispatched. It turned up with a driver and no paramedic. The bloke died.

This was in a European country! Our NHS & emergency services are awesome in comparison.

Archived