Scott Brown

Jam Tarts 1874

alwaysthereinspirit

Well thats Sky Sports schedule sorted for the season.

Saturday and Sunday, noon time kick offs. No night games. No 3pm games. If only it could happen.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In real time I thought the ref was right.

But in slow motion I think a yellow is correct.

In real time I thought the ref was right.

But in slow motion I think a yellow is correct.

Rubbish - a RED all day long

'Recklessly dangerous play' sounds like it should be a straight red...usually.

Just looked at it again, and Brown's clearly wound up by the goal and foul moments earlier. He's clearly went in to the boy out of frustration and probably to give him a bit of an injury.

How the SFA have changed it to a yellow is beyond me. It's just another example of how football is so unbelievably biased towards Celtic and Rangers.

GenovaHearts

Easily could have been a career ending tackle and easiest decision a referee could make bearing in mind he was only a few yards away with a direct view. Had the foul been on a Celtic player there is no way way the muppets at the SFA would rescind the sending off. Corrupt to the core.

Guest jonesy

They're not even hiding it anymore. This entire league is setup to assist Celtic win it with as little impact as possible on their six glamour humpings from the Euro Elite.

The SFA are stinking degenerates, who could and should have convened to confirm the red stood before the semi-final v Rangers, but shat themselves. Now, wallowing in said faeces, decided to simply start munching it. Nothing but contempt for anything to do with that bunch of self-serving junket goons. Hope the Scottish national team get absolutely humped in all remaining fixtures.

Seymour M Hersh

Easily could have been a career ending tackle and easiest decision a referee could make bearing in mind he was only a few yards away with a direct view. Had the foul been on a Celtic player there is no way way the muppets at the SFA would rescind the sending off. Corrupt to the core.

To be fair the ref made the correct decision. Lewes and quite possibly his lapdog Petrie have applied the pressure here.

Seymour M Hersh

In my opinion it would be good  if Mrs Budge resigned her position within this corrupt organisation. Let's be honest she was only given a position as a  gesture to have a token female.

In my opinion it would be good if Mrs Budge resigned her position within this corrupt organisation. Let's be honest she was only given a position as a gesture to have a token female.

What position does she hold?

Baffling decision for a number of reasons - not least because it was an obvious red (IMO and that of Rodgers and indeed Bonner on the radio). But I dont understand the thinking behind the decision - if I had been there (!) I would have said - look Celtic have won the league, let's stick to original decision, no-one really loses but if we go to a yellow all the conspiracy theorists will be out and our (the authorities) name will be ridiculed.

By rescinding the decision you are opening so many cans of worms never mind the fact it should never have been rescinded at all.

SpikeDudley

the really weird thing in all of this is that the SFA are now showing their favouritism towards Celtic even over Rangers

This is a scandalous decision. I no longer understand what constitutes a straight red and I don't think I am alone. If the guys at the top won't back the guys in the middle the game is goosed.

Ref was just a few yards away as well

jamboinglasgow

Most likely they chickened out because of Halliday wrongly given yellow rather than a red on Sunday. They were probably worried that if they kept Brown's red card then there would be calls from Celtic fans of bias. Its cowardly and show the old firm get what they want alwy

OmiyaHearts

Many on this thread getting it wrong and dont understand the appeal process.

The SFA defended the refs decision to issue a red card.

The issue should be with the independent panel, who have no footballing background, and favoured Celtics argument it was a yellow.

Remember Zal getting sent off at Pittodrie,for being punched.Should have been an easy job for the beaks to rescind but red was upheld.Our game is a complete shambles!

BangkokHearts

What did anyone expect? Peter Liewell runs Scottish football.

This, unfortunately.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

The bottom line is that the SFA have a league where one team are 24 points clear and a national team who couldn't qualify for a Sainsbury's nectar card.

It's their funeral, ultimately.

They're not even hiding it anymore. This entire league is setup to assist Celtic win it with as little impact as possible on their six glamour humpings from the Euro Elite.

The SFA are stinking degenerates, who could and should have convened to confirm the red stood before the semi-final v Rangers, but shat themselves. Now, wallowing in said faeces, decided to simply start munching it. Nothing but contempt for anything to do with that bunch of self-serving junket goons. Hope the Scottish national team get absolutely humped in all remaining fixtures.

The SFA don't want any competition to the sellik domination in this country, maybe sevco when they recover, but certainly none of the other clubs. Is it any surprise that no other club has won the league in 30+ years? Hearts and the rest have no chance.

avhudtheteeshirt

Remember Zal getting sent off at Pittodrie,for being punched.Should have been an easy job for the beaks to rescind but red was upheld.Our game is a complete shambles!

It was a head butt, and the referee was Brines who happened to be a Policeman!

If he said he got it wrong the next defendant in court could say, but you changed your mind on what you saw what you seen in a football match?

So easy out, it was a red card!!!!

Nookie Bear

Would love to see Brown floored by an absolutely outrageous tackle.

Would still appeal the resulting red.

The Treasurer

A minor point that has been overlooked here.

When Brenda was interviewed after the game he agreed it was a straight red. They only appealed so that he'd be free to play in the semi.

So even his own manager thought it was a correct decision but he still gets away with it.

No wonder the English think we're a joke in this country

Many on this thread getting it wrong and dont understand the appeal process.

The SFA defended the refs decision to issue a red card.

The issue should be with the independent panel, who have no footballing background, and favoured Celtics argument it was a yellow.

Is the Disciplinary Panel the same as the Independent Panel?

i.e 3 out 200 folk picked at random.

Who would be a ref in Scotland

Damned if you do and damned if you don't

Lawell and Petrie I would say are running the game right now

Who would be a ref in Scotland

Damned if you do and damned if you don't

Lawell and Petrie I would say are running the game right now

Lawell certainly is running things. Petrie is his lap dog happy to be thrown scraps off celtics table.

Nookie Bear

Lawell certainly is running things. Petrie is his lap dog happy to be thrown scraps off celtics table.

Petrie's job is to represent and protect hibs and he has more than earned his salary over the last couple of years in that respect.

Petrie's job is to represent and protect hibs and he has more than earned his salary over the last couple of years in that respect.

I agree 100%. Fortunately for Petrie he hasn't had to cross Lawell, if that day ever comes Petrie will be firmly put in his place. Surely though his involvement with the SFA should see him having a wider remit than protecting hibs ?

OmiyaHearts

I'm not sure why the SFA are getting the blame for this. They defended the refs decision to send Brown off.

It was an independent panel who decided it wasn't a red card.

Who was on the panel?

Rod Stewart, Stevie Wonder and an Elvis impersonator from Dublin. It was a 2-1 vote apparently.

Nookie Bear

I agree 100%. Fortunately for Petrie he hasn't had to cross Lawell, if that day ever comes Petrie will be firmly put in his place. Surely though his involvement with the SFA should see him having a wider remit than protecting hibs ?

You would think so.

John Findlay

Rod Stewart, Stevie Wonder and an Elvis impersonator from Dublin. It was a 2-1 vote apparently.

Stevie Wonder was the one that voted to keep it a Red. As he had the best eyesight out of the three of them.

Just have a look at his influence behind the scenes at the SFA - Hearts getting absolutely hammered with fines for 'poor discipline', the total whitewash of Hibs fans riot at Hampden, the regular down grading of their red cards, not to mention GOC not being punished for an outrageous bit of cheating that even their assistant Manager called a blatant dive!

Just have a look at his influence behind the scenes at the SFA - Hearts getting absolutely hammered with fines for 'poor discipline', the total whitewash of Hibs fans riot at Hampden, the regular down grading of their red cards, not to mention GOC not being punished for an outrageous bit of cheating that even their assistant Manager called a blatant dive!

I agree with everything you are saying, the SFA is an absolute disgrace. My point is that Petrie only had some influence whilst he remains in Lawell's pocket. Hammering Hearts and not Rangers and Hibs also suits the Lawell/Celtic agenda. If Petrie ever has to go against his master the games up for him and hibs.

Unfortunately, for as long as we do nothing other than sit on the internet moaning about such decisions, the conspiracy / favouritism / bias / corruptness / cheating / levelling out of honest mistakes  or whichever word or phrse you'd rather use - it will continue.

There is one way and one way only to address the situation and that's as a result of the fans actually properly 'having enough' and turning their back on the game till something is done about it. Its literally the only way to stand up and be counted and the only way that they'll take any notice. 

Would love to see a country wide protest against the OF. Whether that's through completely boycotting their games, or ALL games or whatever else - it would take something of that kinda scale to get some results.

Unfortunately though, folk will always whap out the 'why should I miss out on a game I've already paid for' or the 'aye but not going to the game hurts Hearts more than it hurts celtic' or other soppy excuses like that. Trust me, if Hearts, or Aberdeen or Kilmarnock or whoever else were faced with a complete supporter boycott which would hurt them financially - they'd speak up about it quicker than you can spell out C O N S P I R A C Y.

For as long as fans keep paying their money, taking their seats and doing nothing other than moan on social media about it - nothing will be done.

Unfortunately, for as long as we do nothing other than sit on the internet moaning about such decisions, the conspiracy / favouritism / bias / corruptness / cheating / levelling out of honest mistakes or whichever word or phrse you'd rather use - it will continue.

There is one way and one way only to address the situation and that's as a result of the fans actually properly 'having enough' and turning their back on the game till something is done about it. Its literally the only way to stand up and be counted and the only way that they'll take any notice.

Would love to see a country wide protest against the OF. Whether that's through completely boycotting their games, or ALL games or whatever else - it would take something of that kinda scale to get some results.

Unfortunately though, folk will always whap out the 'why should I miss out on a game I've already paid for' or the 'aye but not going to the game hurts Hearts more than it hurts celtic' or other soppy excuses like that. Trust me, if Hearts, or Aberdeen or Kilmarnock or whoever else were faced with a complete supporter boycott which would hurt them financially - they'd speak up about it quicker than you can spell out C O N S P I R A C Y.

For as long as fans keep paying their money, taking their seats and doing nothing other than moan on social media about it - nothing will be done.

Unfortunately you are bang on the money. We moan, groan and express our outrage whilst continuing to prop up a corrupt system/ organisation.

Would love to see Brown floored by an absolutely outrageous tackle.

Would still appeal the resulting red.

Being back Brellier to finish the job I say.

How long have Lawell and Petrie now been running the SFA? It is a corrupt organisation that is run by 2 people. The appeals panels are even worse. Who selects them I would guess The same 2 suspects. Reform of the SFA is a must it is rotten through and through!

The Treasurer

Unfortunately, for as long as we do nothing other than sit on the internet moaning about such decisions, the conspiracy / favouritism / bias / corruptness / cheating / levelling out of honest mistakes  or whichever word or phrse you'd rather use - it will continue.

Sounds a good idea in theory but for one minor point.

The gFA and the gPFL couldn't give a shite about any other club outside of the arse-cheeks.

Sounds a good idea in theory but for one minor point.

The gFA and the gPFL couldn't give a shite about any other club outside of the arse-cheeks.

Hence why it would take pretty drastic action for there to be any change.

When faced with large scale boycotts, and angry clubs - they'd have no choice but to pay attention.

It'll never happen sadly, or never on the scale needed to make it count anyway. Instead folk will just keep being part of the problem and vent on message boards like this instead.

manaliveits105

Start emailing uefa with a clip of the tackles then the decisions taken maybe they will take an interest 

gowestjambo

If Scott Browns's tackle is not deemed a red card, then there should never be another red card issued ever!

cardboardcutout

Totally GFA decision!! A clear 100% sending off and once again they manage to make a mockery of their own ability to give our league any semblance of credibility!

Bridge of Djoum

I was arguing with one Celtic fan who was saying that if the ref hadn't awarded the penalty, then brown wouldn't have done the tackle that he did so all in all a fair outcome.

What a complete and utter knob of a man. I asked square did he think it was a red card and he replied 'well the fact that a panel decided that it was a yellow then no'

Talking to a Celtic fan?

Which prison do you work in? And what's the mhanky **** in for?

Archived