Todays Games

Hearts007

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rangers showing us how to play Aberdeen. Match the aggression, ride out the storm and press the centre backs.

In short play up the pitch. Neilson recognised this

Everton in the blue with white shorts and socks

Leicester in white with blue shorts and socks

Surely Leicester should be wearing their red away kit?

A wee bit, but in the way a percentage turned on Neilson, will McInnes have lost the backing and goodwill of a sizeable percentage of the Dons support

No not at all one bad result won't do that. We've had a lot of seriously crap managers over the last 20 or so years and we'd won 10 in a row at home before today. So whilst we hate losing to the huns more than anyone else there won't be a massive overreaction. Only 2 defeats at home all season. Today very disappointing though...football is a strange game you go over 10 hours without conceding then lose 3 goals in 4 minutes. Great finish by Miller to be fair to him I just think the players couldn't believe we'd fallen behind after dominating the whole of that second half up until that point. The classic sucker punch. What happened immediately after was comical though and not acceptable. The team just totally lost their heads and focus which to be fair isn't like them and they just basically handed 2 goals to Rangers on a plate. Today was an eye opener though. Despite making huge strides under McInnes if we get past Hibs in the semi-final I'm honestly not sure the team is mentally strong enough yet to topple either of the ugly sisters at Hampden. There still appears to be a mental block of sorts when we play them especially in Glasgow. I obviously hope I'm wrong.

Guest Barack

No not at all one bad result won't do that. We've had a lot of seriously crap managers over the last 20 or so years and we'd won 10 in a row at home before today. So whilst we hate losing to the huns more than anyone else there won't be a massive overreaction. Only 2 defeats at home all season. Today very disappointing though...football is a strange game you go over 10 hours without conceding then lose 3 goals in 4 minutes. Great finish by Miller to be fair to him I just think the players couldn't believe we'd fallen behind after dominating the whole of that second half up until that point. The classic sucker punch. What happened immediately after was comical though and not acceptable. The team just totally lost their heads and focus which to be fair isn't like them and they just basically handed 2 goals to Rangers on a plate. Today was an eye opener though. Despite making huge strides under McInnes if we get past Hibs in the semi-final I'm honestly not sure the team is mentally strong enough yet to topple either of the ugly sisters at Hampden. There still appears to be a mental block of sorts when we play them especially in Glasgow. I obviously hope I'm wrong.

Just get those walking dead, sister ****ing, vermin looking half breeds ****ed in the semi-final.

Ta.

Just get those walking dead, sister *******, vermin looking half breeds ****ed in the semi-final.

Ta.

We will certainly try our best hopefully today is a kick up the backside and the players will re-focus. Will be a tight game though Hibs will raise their game like they normally do against better opposition and we have such a poor recent record at Hampden I'm never totally confident when we play there. Hopefully we'll overcome that and get to the final would be great to see the ginger with the popcorn teeth seething at the final whistle.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We will certainly try our best hopefully today is a kick up the backside and the players will re-focus. Will be a tight game though Hibs will raise their game like they normally do against better opposition and we have such a poor recent record at Hampden I'm never totally confident when we play there. Hopefully we'll overcome that and get to the final would be great to see the ginger with the popcorn teeth seething at the final whistle.

Warning signs for your boys today. Last 2 seasons St Johnstone have flown at the finish and Aberdeen have capitulated.

First 20 minutes of the second half apart Aberdeen looked a shadow of themselves.

Probably because Rangers played the game up the pitch other than those 20 minutes.

Warning signs for your boys today. Last 2 seasons St Johnstone have flown at the finish and Aberdeen have capitulated.

First 20 minutes of the second half apart Aberdeen looked a shadow of themselves.

Probably because Rangers played the game up the pitch other than those 20 minutes.

I think the difference is that the team were dead on their feet last two seasons come the split due to early starts in Europe and McInnes not utilising his squad enough throughout the season. This season the winter break and the fact McInnes utilised the squad a lot in the first half of the season should mean we don't fade physically this time he's been very conscious about that he's mentioned it a few times. We certainly didn't look a tired team today. We dominated for 30 minutes of the second half right up until Miller scored (fair play what a strike it was). What happened in the next few minutes was farcical and not like us. We were well below our best in the first half but still had some decent chances as did Rangers. Just a bad day at the office and against the one team we hate to lose against more than any other. We're still effectively 10 points clear of Rangers with 6 games to play. It's still a very dominant position to be in.

Aberdeen fan here, still struggling to get over today's loss. Not sure how we didn't put a few past them but it's our own fault. Hopefully this means we get rid of the dead-wood (Ash Taylor is free if you lot want him) and bring in some better players. Still believe second is ours and hopefully we can use this result as motivation to pump Hibs silly in the semi final. Once again we show ourselves to be bottle jobs in the big games -.-

Archived